Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media [merged]

Did Jermaine really put out a book proposal about MJ stalking gay men and hating women?? I need confirmation on that one..please.
no it was slimeball called stacy brown who tried to act like hes in with the family. he was friends with reebie. hopefully that changed along time ago

Yea, back on topic...wonder why Vienna?
jermaine was there a few weeks back to get an award for mj.the same ppl who did the award show are planning this with him . so i guess the idea was put to jermaine then as its only just been planned now

Bobmo79 - I'm so glad that you seem to have all of us people in our 20s categorized. *rolls eyes*

*cringe* I hope this doesn't flop, for Michael's sake. I had considered going but I'll just watch on TV.

Re: Tribute concert pushed back

Guys ignore that fool and stop giving hits to his website.

He is right with the point of it..., It will be - fiasco - imo....

None of the stars will attend... and perform....

This is Jermaine..., and... LaToya wants another tribute gig..., what about Tito, Randy...

Its really sad how the family is "inconsistent"... in business matters..., they didnt take the lessons from Michael.... how to set the shows up..., or at least ONE BIG SHOW for the KING!

Last edited:
i hope it doesnt happen at all, its too soon, maybe next year and spend the whole year planning it and booking people in advance

michael deserves better

Why the disrespect for Michael family? If they stayed out of the public eye and didnt do anything or say anything everyone on here would be bitchin' that they havent come forward! They cant win.
Who cares who performs at the end of the day its a tribute for Michael. Giving those the oppertunity who couldnt get to LA overnight and attend the impossible ticket memorial then to go to remember, in a organised way. I wont be going to see Madonna, Lionel I am going for Michael. Its a respectful venue which I bet Michael Loves as it is so Grand and a palace!!!

God its got to be better than that shameful 13th tribute organised by the "fans" the "ones who love him best"!!

Re: Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media

hmmmm

On the other hand, part of me is just a little bit cynical and suspicious. Jermaine is the main family member behind this. This is the same brother who has always been in Michaels shadow, desperating seeking the attention that Michael naturally had.How many times over the years , have we seen Jermaine spouting off to the media, about how ALL the brothers, including Michael, are working on an album and going back on tour?? Dont get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Jermaine and all the Jackson family, but part of me is just wondering, is Jermaine doing this out of love for his brother or to restart his solo singing career, a career which when Michael was here, was always overshadowed by Michael????

was completely overshadowed by Michael.

i thought i was the only one who is thinking the same as you.
frankly i dont like it. it seems strange.

Re: Tribute concert pushed back

got this from perez

Michael Jackson memorial disaster

Yes, there will be another one!!

Jermaine Jackson is was planning a Happy Birthday Michael Jackson televised tribute later this month, yet failed to get it organized in time.

We're sure this is just an excuse to revive his flailing musical career as he's set to perform a duet with an unlikely partner, Larry King's wife, Shawn.

WTF?!

"We wanted to make sure that everyone [who] wanted to be there could be there," Shawn explained about the memorial not happening as planned.

The tribute was scheduled for August 29th in front of a 250,000 crowd in Vienna, but supposedly they couldn't line up enough talent, sponsors or broadcasters.

Shocker!

Since the date as been pushed back one month, Shawn's spokesman, Howard Rubenstein confirmed Usher, Lionel Richie and Whitney Houston will perform.

Yet, Houston's rep denies the claim!

The original promotional materials, which were looking for sponsors willing to pay up to $3 million, listed confirmed talent such as President Obama, Al Pacino, Madonna, Colin Powell and Richard Branson.

White House sources and Madonna's rep both confirmed that neither party will be in attendance!

We're seeing a pattern here!

Shawn and Jermaine plan to sing their duet, "Will You Be There," and release a CD from the event!

We sure it's all for the $$$$$ memories!!!

Yep, this is gonna suck. A poor tribute to the king of pop and an embarassment.

Re: Jackson Tribute Date Announced

How do you know its a circus if you read the website its actully not all about a celebration of his music its for his humanitarian work. This is what the focus is.

i looked at the website and thought it was all about celebrating jermaine?

Re: Jackson Tribute Date Announced

i looked at the website and thought it was all about celebrating jermaine?

MICHAEL JACKSON not only made his mark in popular music, but also inspired and helped millions of people with his dedicated passion for humanitarian causes. Throughout his life, Michael was a strong advocate for peace, tolerance and preserving our fragile Earth, supporting more than 30 different charities. He helped raise millions of dollars for worthwhile causes through his Heal The World Foundation as well as personally donating large sums of money to organizations and people in need of help. The Tribute is dedicated to Michael’s social and humanitarian engagements, his legacy and mission as well as his personal commitment to environmental causes over the course of his lifetime. Although Michael is no longer with us his outstanding musical and humanitarian legacy lives on. We are proud to pay tribute to the exceptional achievements of this supremely talented man and his groundbreaking music. The Tribute will be a special evening for his many fans to join hands and remember the legend who helped make the world a better place.

Cant see a mention of Jermaine there?

I am very proud to be able to stage this concert honoring my younger brother Michael and his legacy. The Tribute is conceived to be an annual event to keep not only his unique music alive, but his spirit as well. Michael loved people and he also loved to help people and that will never be forgotten. His life was much too short, yet it was filled with many magic moments and lasting memories. I have lost a dear brother, but the world has lost a great and caring humanitarian.

The tragedy of my brother’s death is still with me. But in his death, I have found a mission for my life. My existence is now dedicated to spreading Michael’s message. Michael had a unique place in the world. He not only did good, but taught others how to do the same. This only magnifies his loss to the world.

I want to make people aware of the humanitarian side of Michael. I want to show them how his true emphasis wasn’t music, or performing; it was improving the world. Understand this, and you begin to understand the essence of who my brother was.

Michael wanted to help people see the problems that are destroying our world. That’s what he was about, and what his upcoming shows were about. He was trying to teach through his lyrics, video and performance. He wanted to use every part of himself to show us what we are capable of becoming. His goal was to demonstrate to people that if we all just try to make world a better place, it will be.

Michael did charity work all his life – since we first started performing as the Jackson 5. He quickly learned talent alone means nothing – it’s what you do with it that really matters. What are you doing to make things better for other people? In grasping this, Michael found his purpose: Entertain and educate at the same time.

Michael grew to understand why the world is in the state it is. He would ask “Why?” but not get trapped in trying to find reasons for each and every problem. His aim was finding solutions. His message was about solutions. Michael’s day-to-day thought process was: “How do I make the world a better place?” He dedicated his existence to responding to this question, and to giving a voice to those who can’t speak out for themselves.

Man in the Mirror, We are the World, Will You Be There – all these songs put forward a simple but powerful message: If someone is hungry, give them food, but also help them become self-sufficient. Michael taught us that when you do good, you start with the individual, then move onto a family, a neighborhood, a village, a nation.

Michael always looked for the good in people, but he also wanted people to understand him, and what he was here for. This made the ridicule he endured so much harder to bear. How can someone who gave so much, be the subject of so much hate? Why is it, the more blessed we are, the tougher our times are destined to be?

My brother wasn’t a threat to anyone. He was at peace, and his peaceful state was a blessing from God. Michael was given the rare talent to entertain, sing and perform. But the true blessing God gave him was the ability to use his talents to do good for others. Michael’s songs inspired us to do better. That was his true gift.

We still feel Michael’s loss. But what will happen as time passes? What will happen to Michael’s real purpose for being? Who can carry on Michael’s work selflessly, without ulterior motive? Nations and governments are capable of good deeds, but those good deeds are too often done to exert control over others. Michael never wanted to control anybody, he only wanted to spread happiness and joy.

Michael supported over 30 different charities. Most people, even the most generous, focus their efforts on just a handful. But Michael was different. He would personally check every charity he supported. He’d examine their track records make sure they did what they said they would do.

Michael’s generosity extended beyond the charities he supported. When a girl needed a liver transplant and no one wanted to pay for it, Michael took care of it. No fanfare, no publicity. There are so many cases like this! Many of them, I myself, am just beginning to learn about.

Every time Michael traveled to another country, he would devote time to visiting hospitals, orphanages, cancer patients. That was his calling. In every corner of the globe, this was his routine. The world needs to know this is who he was. Because while there were always cameras following him, the media didn’t tell the story of his caring and compassion. They only wanted to sensationalize him.

Michael didn’t care if we knew everything he did for people, because God knows. God knows his intentions, and knows the results. I know my brother is in a very secure, serene, peaceful place. When we live on earth, we are judged not only by who we are, but also by what we do for others. When we leave, we take the good and bad deeds with us. Michael took nothing but good deeds with him.

Michael and I were raised to believe there is a Supreme Being. Having success told us God had a plan for us. Michael used his success in a positive way. He knew that it’s not what you get from others, it’s what you do for others. We all achieve things in life, but the greatest achievement is doing God’s work. Michael was a man of God because he was doing His work. Eternal life is the ultimate reward from God – and Michael has eternal life

That also seems about Michael too????????

I think the point is stop hating on the family now. Michael wouldnt want that.

I think the point is stop hating on the family now. Michael wouldnt want that.

BUMP

At the end of the day...should we hate Jermaine or anyone of the Jacksons who dares to come forward and speak? I thoght the Jacksons are the good ones..........

I'm starting to NOT like Jermain anymore... All he seems to have is Money on his mind. It is a good idea for his family to have a tribute of Michael that is dedicated completely to Michael to celebrate him and his artistry, just him. Not Jermain! Look at the Website, it seem to portray that now that MJ is gone Jermain is trying to take over his Legacy. That just makes me feel very very sad.. There are more photos of Jermain in there than Michael, and everything is centered around how Jermain is going to carry on Michael's Legacy. Michael is a great who has worked very hard for what he achieved and can never be touched by anyone. I'm not sure how Michael would have felt about all this.. :s

Edit: I know this is probably being discussed in another thread but I just wanted to mention it to make my point clearer. We'v all heard what Michael said about going back to Neverland. He said he NEVER want to go back there. Yet Jermain wanted him burried there.. Why? Because they can make it into a good tourist attraction like Graceland..

Jermaine may have wanted MJ buried at Neverland cos he's mates with colony capital that own it.. and theres mega bucks in it if he's burried there

Jermaine is in financial trouble and cant afford to look after 2 of his kids.. thats why they live permanently with katherine

i'm just saying

I didn't know that about Jermaine's kids living with Katherine. That sheds some light.

the 2 kids he had with randys ex wife live with katherine, am i right?

The travesty in all of this is maybe if Jermaine and others had sat down and mapped out a logical tribute within say a year to celebrate Michael's legacy, others wouldn't be so quick to rip him a new one. It comes off rather tacky when you announce a supposed tribute concert and individuals you claim are going to participate strongly announce they have no ties to your event. It's not about bashing the Jackson family, it's about being concerned that after nearly 40 years of being well known and now having lost the most famous and gifted member, you can't even conceivably plan a tribute properly. It's heartbreaking really, the more this type of thing happens, the further it dulls the interest to believe in anything that Jermaine, Latoya and or whoever propose is going to happen, that's my humble opinion.

michael deserves the BIGGEST tribute concert ever, bigger then freddie mercurys.. one that'll go down in history..

NOT what jermaine is planning, someone in the family must come forward and stop this..

Nope, just his past history has proven what I've said to be truth, Word to the Badd anyone? face it nobody in that family gave a damn about Mike accept his three kids and maybe his mother on a good day.

I dont think you realise how ridiculous you sound. How exactly would you come to know that not one of his family gave a damn about him? Who are you to make that call?

You are an outsider looking in and making judgements. The Jacksons grew up with each other, worked with each other, bickered with one another, suported one another and at Michaels toughest times, they were all there for him. I dont care about Word to the Badd, I dont care that Jermaine may have had brotherly issues with Michael in the past. Thats between them. When will fans learn that family ish is family ish?

Outlandish claims that no one in his family actually cared about him are farfetched and without foundation.

I for one, wish Jermaine all the very best for this tribute. Even if he's not the best person to be initiating a full scale tribute to Michael, I can only hope its a success.

Celebrity remake - Will you be there

Celebrities courted for Michael Jackson 'Will You Be There' charity remake.

An all-star cast of musicians is being lined up to record a tribute cover of Michael Jackson’s track “Will You Be There/Hold Me.”
John Mayer, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Usher, Dionne Warwick, Wyclef Jean, and Jermaine Jackson are among the musical stars reportedly laying down vocals for the remake — masterminded by Shawn King, wife of CNN’s Larry King — according to TMZ.com.

Proceeds from the sale of the recording will benefit The Larry King Cardiac Foundation and a second unspecified charity supported by MJ.

http://www.thecelebritynewsandtrend...ou-be-there”-charity-remake-celebrity-gossip/

Re: Celebrity remake - Will you be there

Celebrities courted for Michael Jackson 'Will You Be There' charity remake.

An all-star cast of musicians is being lined up to record a tribute cover of Michael Jackson’s track “Will You Be There/Hold Me.”
John Mayer, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Usher, Dionne Warwick, Wyclef Jean, and Jermaine Jackson are among the musical stars reportedly laying down vocals for the remake — masterminded by Shawn King, wife of CNN’s Larry King — according to TMZ.com.

Proceeds from the sale of the recording will benefit The Larry King Cardiac Foundation and a second unspecified charity supported by MJ.

http://www.thecelebritynewsandtrend...ou-be-there”-charity-remake-celebrity-gossip/

Our version the MJSTARLIGHT is making will be soooooooo much better ;-)

Re: Celebrity remake - Will you be there

Looking forward to the song. And I agree with the poster saying that we are FANS looking in. We have no right to judge. When gossip s written about MJ it is autmotically wrong,, when it is about his family it is gospel. Nobody here was there with the family and do not know what reallyhappened behind closed doors.

I remember around the time of the memorial when a tribute was talked about being done on his bday people here seemed to look forward to it, now it is being done too fast. I really think some just need something to complain about.

The tribute to the "King of Pop", Michael Jackson, in Vienna will take place on September 26th, , organisers of the concert said today. Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20th.
Michael Jackson's older brother Jermaine is inviting artists to perform in front of Schoenbrunn, once home of Austria-Hungary's last Emperor Franz Josef, where the show's producers expect an audience of at least 85,000.

Promotor Georg Kindel of World Awards Media is negotiating with networks all over the world over the broadcasting rights. "Jermaine thinks maybe one billion people will watch the television show," Kindel said to The Associated Press.

Though the cast has not been named there have been strong hints that Madonna will be among the performers. Other artists that have been named by sources near the promoter are Whitney Houston, Usher and Lionel Richie.

London: Jackson tribute cancelled
According to the English newspaper The Telegraph a tribute show for Michael Jackson in London planned for the end of August has been cancelled.

Source: http://www.wienerzeitung.at/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=4082&alias=wzo&cob=430849

London: Jackson tribute cancelled
According to the English newspaper The Telegraph a tribute show for Michael Jackson in London planned for the end of August has been cancelled.

Source: http://www.wienerzeitung.at/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=4082&alias=wzo&cob=430849

I think this cancelled London thing is something different from Jermaine's thing in Vienna.

Nonetheless I don't trust Jermaine much. He seems sus.
Have any of you read the RF column today. It's worth checking out. Make up your own minds, friends.

The travesty in all of this is maybe if Jermaine and others had sat down and mapped out a logical tribute within say a year to celebrate Michael's legacy, others wouldn't be so quick to rip him a new one. It comes off rather tacky when you announce a supposed tribute concert and individuals you claim are going to participate strongly announce they have no ties to your event. It's not about bashing the Jackson family, it's about being concerned that after nearly 40 years of being well known and now having lost the most famous and gifted member, you can't even conceivably plan a tribute properly. It's heartbreaking really, the more this type of thing happens, the further it dulls the interest to believe in anything that Jermaine, Latoya and or whoever propose is going to happen, that's my humble opinion.

I agree.

Back