True Love....thoughts??

Not seeing someone as perfect, You see their flaws and still love them.

True love isn't seeked, It's not something one should try to find. It will just come, if it is meant to be.

Last edited:
Recently I've been thinking more and more on how true love is like a fairy tale. Something that was made up to make us romantics feel hopeful, but it doesn't really exist. I was thinking that today after hearing Beyonce's song "Halo". It's a very beautiful song, but it made me think about how impossible it feels right now for me to ever relate with that song's lyrics.

Thought of the day: Everyday I'm one step closer from becoming a "cat lady".

(I love that Halo song)

awww... well there's nothing wrong with cats :). And really there is nothing wrong with being single either. It has many benefits like you can be free to do whatever you wish and pursue any dreams you have without getting input from a significant other. You can really know your own style without being influenced by someone who may want things his way instead of yours. You can take off at the drop of a hat without asking if this weekend is ok for you guys to go somewhere. Without making sure it's a place you both want, or a movie you both want or etc etc.. sometimes lonely, but if you like your own company, single can be nice.

sometimes.

In the words of John Lennon... :)

Love is real, real is love
Love is feeling, feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved

Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
we can be

Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needed to be loved

Yes it is.......

Out of everything you could post, you chose this song. Thank you for posting poefiend. (this particular song holds special meaning to me)

Undefinable only because it is so many things and each time you think you've come close to defining it, something more comes to mind.

It is probably that we can't do justice to it with mere words, though we can give a hint.

Sometimes it is only fear that keeps us from fully experiencing it, till we can have confidence in it through time, experience, and the building of trust.

Q: How long do you think two people should be together before they can say they truly love each other?

-Lisa P.

A: Hi Lisa,
That’s a great question. I had recently told a reader that two dates is too soon to be in love, and I always get emails from people who are the exceptions to the rule who say things like: “We met on Tuesday, got married on Wednesday and it’s been 85 happy years.” Yes, it does work out on occasion. But even if you have strong feelings right out of the gate, I still insist that true love cannot happen that quickly. So you ask, how long does it take to know?

For me, the proof is more situational than a matter of time. Until you go through certain situations with someone and see how they react, you really can’t truly know them. At the onset of any relationship, we all put on our best faces; this is particularly true when attraction is at play and we are trying to impress someone.

This is a form of motivational distortion, and simply means that we try to consciously and unconsciously look our best and be on our best behavior.

As a general rule, it isn’t until we have multiple life experiences and become more comfortable with that other person that we begin to let our guard down, show our true faces and share our honest feelings.

As a result, my experience tells me that it takes at least a year to significantly close the gap between hopeful infatuation and real-world love.

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

:angel:Knowledge IS Growth

As a result, my experience tells me that it takes at least a year to significantly close the gap between hopeful infatuation and real-world love.

Right.

Love isn't something that just happens over night or within the first few weeks of a relationship.
Some people think they are in love very quickly but that is more infatuation.
You can care greatly for someone and have a wonderful bond but true love is something that grows in time. :)

^ LOL!!!!! You are too funny... :rofl:

She might do... but you would have to learn to love the sofa at bedtime. haha!!!!

Oops, I forgot to respond in here. ._.

Thanks peeps who replied and gave me some reassurance. I don't give up that easily. I guess time will tell. :)

True love is letting someone go, If they don't feel the same way as you do... No matter how much you love them. :)

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 13

LOVE

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but have not love, I am just a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;
love does not envy or boast;
it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing,
but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.​

...you meet your destiny on the road you take to avoid it.

Back