UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale ***

I dont know what 2 mkae of this...but if the kids are happy doing it, then that ok
biggrin.gif

But that chain is OFF THA HOOK!

The museum sounds like a good idea and the family deserves it. They are the first family of music.

Yes it is, but the location is not a good idea if they want tourists from all over the world visiting.

What is all the drama about? It is just signatures, it's not like katherine and joe making them do some tap dance or singing routine for world to see. Geeze you guys make whole mountain out of a hill.

What is all the drama about? It is just signatures, it's not like katherine and joe making them do some tap dance or singing routine for world to see. Geeze you guys make whole mountain out of a hill.

Please do not give ideas to Joe.

This is down right exploitation because auction money is not going for any charity ,it's going in for joe and other family members business.

i don't care what anybody says. people know when something doesn't FEEL right. and i will just go ahead and say, this is a love of money moment for "Jerry' and a take advantage of the kids moment, and a take advantage of the grief of the family moment.
[...]
back to the children. as wise as they are, they have innocence..they share it with MJ. normally, the guile is reserved for the adults. and the authors of this idea sound like they have plenty of guile, and are using it on the kids.

I totally agree.

even if this was for "charity", let's remember the good little kids already showed us all back in 2009 what REAL charity means, when helping the poor little dog. Remember that?

Who cares about the belts? No one. The only point in this info was that ONE of those belts had MJ3's FIRST EVER autograph and "how many first ever are there?".... so... how valuable that is? See the "tribute" side on this? The point is the signatures. Not really the belts.

I am with those who think it's exploitation. We all know Michael would not approve this. Of course, this idea must have been presented to the kids as something honoring Michael's legacy and of course they agreed to sign it in their Dad's name. But people who asked the kids to sign the belt were using them to get the money.

Why can't they just sell the belt without the kids' signatures? The belt is beautiful, it will sell good anyway, I am sure.

stop exploiting the kids in the name of charity,L.O.V.E and their father's lagacy and shit like that....do you think MJ would be happy to know that his kids are being used to sell belts with their signature??This is tacky and cheap,I don't care if the kids "wanted" to be part of this...they are kids and it's up to the adults to advice them and guide them.
Selling belts is not what their father would ask them to do...and who the hell would be willing to buy a belt with a bunch of kid's signature on it anyway??This is creepy.

I have to see to believe if there really ever will be a museum. Honestly, I am skeptical.

I'm skeptical too. And I'm glad the estate is not involved. Joseph is not good with money and I'm afraid it will end up just like his other plans.

its a freaking belt!!!! they didnt sign their lives away...

its a freaking belt!!!! they didnt sign their lives away...

I have this feeling that the belt is just a beginning. I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

I'll keep most of my thoughts to myself..

I love how Blanket took up all that space though :)

I am with those who think it's exploitation. We all know Michael would not approve this. Of course, this idea must have been presented to the kids as something honoring Michael's legacy and of course they agreed to sign it in their Dad's name. But people who asked the kids to sign the belt were using them to get the money.

Why can't they just sell the belt without the kids' signatures? The belt is beautiful, it will sell good anyway, I am sure.

exactly, and like other have said, its not even like the charity is really a charity. I mean what's the purpose of the jackson family foundation? Does it help disadvantaged kids in Gary get a musical education or anything like that or is it purely to big up Joe's achievement with the jackson 5 and glorify the jackson family? Cos that is not charity.

Michael Jackson Estate -- MJ Belts Are Bogus!

Originally posted 45 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
An extremely fancy belt commemorating Michael Jackson -- and allegedly "sanctioned" by Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson -- can be yours for the bargain basement price of $1,500 -- problem is ... the whole thing may be illegal.

0526-jacksons-wm-ex4.jpg

Check out this picture we got -- showing Joe and Katherine Jackson signing one of the belts ... and according to the official website promoting the belts, MJ's three kids -- Prince, Paris, and Blanket -- also signed their names.

Here's the problem. The belts feature several images trademarked by Michael Jackson -- including dancing feet, MJ's silhouette and the MJ crest -- and MJ's estate must authorize any commercial use of those trademarks, as well as MJ's name or image.

So of course we called MJ estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, who said the belts were news to him and that the executors never authorized the sale. Weitzman says, "The Trustees of the Estate of Michael Jackson did not authorize the making or the sale of the Michael Jackson Tribute Belts." Weitzman continues, "We would never condone the use of Michael's children's signatures to promote the sale of merchandise."

We haven't found out who's behind the website ... but Jerry Olivarez, a PR guy and friend of the Jackson family, has been touting the sale of the belts. We're told the site goes live today and 7,000 belts will go up for sale. And, there will be an auction for the belt signed by Joe, Katherine, and the kids -- opening bid is $5 grand.

Attempts to speak with Olivarez were unsuccessful.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0p7MHNHzb

It's not even santioned by the estate.

these people should ashamed by themselves they need to go and exploit the other dozen of middle aged children they got and their 3 dozens of other grandchildren.

Michael Jackson Estate -- MJ Belts Are Bogus!

Originally posted 45 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
An extremely fancy belt commemorating Michael Jackson -- and allegedly "sanctioned" by Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson -- can be yours for the bargain basement price of $1,500 -- problem is ... the whole thing may be illegal.

0526-jacksons-wm-ex4.jpg

Check out this picture we got -- showing Joe and Katherine Jackson signing one of the belts ... and according to the official website promoting the belts, MJ's three kids -- Prince, Paris, and Blanket -- also signed their names.

Here's the problem. The belts feature several images trademarked by Michael Jackson -- including dancing feet, MJ's silhouette and the MJ crest -- and MJ's estate must authorize any commercial use of those trademarks, as well as MJ's name or image.

So of course we called MJ estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, who said the belts were news to him and that the executors never authorized the sale. Weitzman says, "The Trustees of the Estate of Michael Jackson did not authorize the making or the sale of the Michael Jackson Tribute Belts." Weitzman continues, "We would never condone the use of Michael's children's signatures to promote the sale of merchandise."

We haven't found out who's behind the website ... but Jerry Olivarez, a PR guy and friend of the Jackson family, has been touting the sale of the belts. We're told the site goes live today and 7,000 belts will go up for sale. And, there will be an auction for the belt signed by Joe, Katherine, and the kids -- opening bid is $5 grand.

Attempts to speak with Olivarez were unsuccessful.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0p7MHNHzb

bunch of crooks. And the Olivarez guy was on CNN talking like the estate authorized the belts. OMG!!!

How dare they???

I expect cease & desist papers to be handed to them in 5, 4, 3....

Are the Jacksons testing the estate??? Trying to see how much they can get away with...?

Last edited:

Weitzman continues, "We would never condone the use of Michael's children's signatures to promote the sale of merchandise."

good to hear.

7000 belts, $1500 each = $10.5 M

bunch of crooks. And the Olivarez guy was on CNN talking like the estate authorized the belts. OMG!!!

How dare they???

I expect seize & desist papers to handed to them in 5, 4, 3....

Are the Jacksons ruing to test the estate??? Trying to see how much they can get away with...?
At this point I don't care about any of them including Katherine and Joseph. they should be handed the cease and desist order, all of them are either over 80 or almost 60. Michael trusted his mother so damn much surely he wouldn't want her to exploit his children the way they do, the usual llunys will come in and say this is just a signature, no it's not, it's not just it. It's the fact that they are being used to sell something in order to fill their own pockets. No surprise Michael wasn't able to choose any of his dozens of siblings to take care of his children after Katherine's passing. The will spoke volumes and their actions speak volumes too. Rest in peace Michael wish you would have had these children with a woman who'd take care of them, instead of having them with surrogates. God bless those children.

OK, I know you probably didn't mean it how I read it but that surrogates comment... :doh:

ahhhh this makes me nauseous. I hate to think that the kids are being sucked into joe's warped ideas of what upholding michael's legacy means. I'm afraid he's going to turn them into 'jermaines' always looking to make a buck on michael :( please let michael's influence hold out stronger than all this mess.

all of it is very very sad. for the whole year the family hasn't done a single right thing regarding Michael's legacy. very sad. Michael knew them well.

OK, I know you probably didn't mean it how I read it but that surrogates comment... :doh:
I don't know what you mean,.. I meant what I said I wish those would have a real mother they'd have a relationship with, u really think his children would have to live with Katherine if he have had kids with LMP? I think it's safe to assume that wouldn't have been the case, nor would he want them to. His children had no one but him that is why he named Katherine to take care of them believing, hoping and trusting for her to do a good job in it, I'm sure he didn't dream of his children' signature being used to sell some ridiculous memorabilia less than a year after his death in the care Katherine.

At this point I don't care about any of them including Katherine and Joseph. they should be handed the cease and desist order, all of them are either over 80 or almost 60. Michael trusted his mother so damn much surely he wouldn't want her to exploit his children the way they do, the usual llunys will come in and say this is just a signature, no it's not, it's not just it. It's the fact that they are being used to sell something in order to fill their own pockets. No surprise Michael wasn't able to choose any of his dozens of siblings to take care of his children after Katherine's passing. The will spoke volumes and their actions speak volumes too. Rest in peace Michael wish you would have had these children with a woman who'd take care of them, instead of having them with surrogates. God bless those children.

Sadly...you are right. It is not just the belt...or the signatures. It's the fact that the kids are clearly being exploited for Joe & Katherine's financial gain.

And let's not forget, they are both LITERALLY stealing from their grandkids. And they are using these 3 minors to support illegal activities.

Every time,these illegal is not benefitting MJ's estate..therefore the kids won't see a penny out of this. This is all about Joe & Katherine lining their pockets.

I don't care what anyone says...this is not right. MJ would have never involved his kids in something like this.

all of it is very very sad. for the whole year the family hasn't done a single right thing regarding Michael's legacy. very sad. Michael knew them well.

You got that right. And when he did not want to hang around these greedy folks, they try to pass it off as inflated ego. Like MJ thought he was too big for his family...which is a lie.

Sadly...you are right. It is not just the belt...or the signatures. It's the fact that the kids are clearly being exploited for Joe & Katherine's financial gain.

And let's not forget, they are both LITERALLY stealing from their grandkids. And they are using these 3 minors to support illegal activities.

Every time,these illegal products hit the market, which do not benefit MJ's estate, it takes away from their inheritance. This is all about Joe & Katherine lining their own pockets.

I don't care what anyone says...this is not right. MJ would have never involved his kids in something like this.
See the thing is right now I don't care about them producing these illegal products.. but to use Michael's children for this is just wrong on so many levels. When Michael himself never ever used his children for anything like that, who do they think they are to do so? WTH is wrong with them?! I don't get what's going on in their minds usually those three kids of Michael are no more important, no better, no nothing than the rest of the 3 dozens of grandchildren but when it comes to using them they are? They go ahead and do whatever the hell they want without using his children. God is looking down on them and he ain't smiling all the praying doesn't help either.

I'm sure it was Joe's idea, but why on Earth Katherine can't say "no" to Joe? I know Michael loved her and it's natural, but IMO she is a weak woman and Joe could manipulate her all her life. Exploiting their children and now also their grandchildren. SMH.

I'm glad the Estate stepped in! I know some fans don't like them, but they are treating Michael's legacy and children with respect - unlike his own family!

BTW, what is Diana Ross doing these days?

Weitzman says, "The Trustees of the Estate of Michael Jackson did not authorize the making or the sale of the Michael Jackson Tribute Belts." Weitzman continues, "We would never condone the use of Michael's children's signatures to promote the sale of merchandise."

Thank goodness SOMEONE is keeping in mind what Michael would've wanted and, more importantly, what he WOULDN'T.

See the thing is right now I don't care about them producing these illegal products.. but to use Michael's children for this is just wrong on so many levels. When Michael himself never ever used his children for anything like that, who do they think they are to do so? WTH is wrong with them?! I don't get what's going on in their minds usually those three kids of Michael are no more important, no better, no nothing than the rest of the 3 dozens of grandchildren but when it comes to using them they are? They go ahead and do whatever the hell they want without using his children. God is looking down on them and he ain't smiling all the praying doesn't help either.

Girl, you know I understand..but there is not much we can do. I am hoping, this story will hit the press today & cause some kind of scandal. Only negative publicity could stop Kate & Joe....

There is nothing we can do....the estate can stop illegal activities, but they have no say in MJ's 3 kids being used.

Like I've said time & again, these people have been proving MJ right without them even knowing it. It's all about M.O.N.E.Y

I still can't believe, the mother Michael described as a saint & as close to perfection, agreed to his small children being exploited.

I just cannot wrap my head around that one.

Michael was very biased to his mother (naturally). He didn't or didn't want to see her weaknesses. (Although judging by what he said on the Glenda tapes, he actually saw that Katherine is easily manipulated by Joe. But who else he could have left his kids to? :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back