UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale ***

where are all the other jackson kids signed items?when they have to make a profit out of them they are M's kids and the rest are ordinary ppl nobody cares about,for everything else they are reminded they are not more important that the rest of the cousins...I'm tired of this shit...what's next?going door to door?

I think they put the kids name on the belt because it would sell at auction and this guy wants the money for charity. I dont think its exploitation but if I am wrong then I will be disgusted at Joe for doing this.

True...but since they never did anything like that when MJ was around, I think it is pretty fair to say they did not come up with this idea on their own.

Over the years, I am sure they have seen MJ signed countless items for charity...but correct me if I am wrong, I have never seen the kids' involved in such a thing. Even for charity. So you can draw your own conclusion I guess.
It's all for the jackson family museume, it's for michael jackson, jackson 5, the jacksons janet jackson etc. if the kids wanted to be a part of it thats fine, katherine jackson and joe jackson signed there autograph to.

I think they put the kids name on the belt because it would sell at auction and this guy wants the money for charity.

The money is NOT for charity. As per the article, the money is to fund the Jackson FAMILY Museum.

It's all for the jackson family museume, it's for michael jackson, jackson 5, the jacksons janet jackson etc. if the kids wanted to be a part of it thats fine, katherine jackson and joe jackson signed there autograph to.

Where's Jermajesty and Jaafar's signed belt. Their father is famous also. LOL! (Makes you want to buy a stun gun and ZAP somebody!)

Where's Tito and 3-T's belt?

If its a FAMILY museum, they everybody should be involved. Dontchathink?

I do think there are better ways to get the money, Im sure they could have sold some of there other stuff instead of this, I wonder if Janet even knows about this, Im sure she has that kind of money, I think that would have been the best way around it :)

As for those who are saying the children aren't celebraties, like it or not, they are, paps are always trying to get hold of pictures of them, after MJ's death too, like the web-cam videos... they don't do that to any normal people...do they ??

For those taking cheap shots at the family; we don't know the whole story so who are we to judge? Some of you make me sick. The children were asked to sign their names to raise money for a museum with -most likely- stuff about their dad and they did it. Maybe because they wanted to (they love their dad, maybe they WANT to see all that stuff), maybe someone in the family told them it was okay and a good thing to sign it. Either way, I doubt someone put a gun to their heads. So, chill. Seriously, some of you make a drama out of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g the kids are involved in.

I agree with you on this one.

I have to say I find it kinda irritating when fans are pointing fingers at people, cursing them and like you said taking cheap shots at the family when they don't even know the whole story! All the anger and accusations are just based on what's written in the news, which doesn't even tell if the children actually wanted to be a part of this.

It sounds like this is something they wanted to do...but I can't help but think that these people just want to exploit them and make money off of them. That's my conscience though. I'm speaking through my own ignorance.

As long as they didn't feel pressured. I mean, these three beautiful darlings feel like they are doing the right thing and they mean well. The belt is said to be made as a tribute to Michael, so maybe for them to sign it, it felt right and they feel this is a way they are honoring their dad. I'm 50/50 on this because I'm not sure what the intentions are here of other people. It's also for the family museum so maybe they want to be apart of it?

I have to say I find it kinda irritating when fans are pointing fingers at people, cursing them and like you said taking cheap shots at the family when they don't even know the whole story! All the anger and accusations are just based on what's written in the news, which doesn't even tell if the children actually wanted to be a part of this.

Exactly, if the children WANTED to do this, then I think it would make this perfectly fine.

As long as they didn't feel pressured. I mean, these three beautiful darlings feel like they are doing the right thing and they mean well. The belt is said to be made as a tribute to Michael, so maybe for them to sign it, it felt right and they feel this is a way they are honoring their dad. I'm 50/50 on this because I'm not sure what the intentions are here of other people. It's also for the family museum so maybe they want to be apart of it?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't KNOW what the children think of this. We don't know all the things that have been said about this. Maybe with all the bad things that are being said about this, we are hurting the children because they might believe they are doing a good thing.

Good post! :yes:

Since Joseph wants this to be a venture which would included the Jackson Family name, why doesn't he have a belt signed by Jermaine and his children, Marlon and his children, Jackie and his children, Tito and his children, Randy and his children. You know, on the "Jackson Five" tip.

I also wonder how the OTHER grandchildren feel about this whole thing, and them being left out of any of the "signings."

The family does contradict itself, when some members of the family try to make it seem like all of the grandchildren are the same, then you have other members of the family singling out Michael's children in order to secure something that SHOULD include the entire family.

And once again I have to ask, who the HECK wants to buy a $1,500.00 belt? LOL! It's not like Michael wore any of these belts.

Where's Jermajesty and Jaafar's signed belt. Their father is famous also. LOL! (Makes you want to buy a stun gun and ZAP somebody!)

I agree with you. They could have easily gotten Jackie, Marlon, Jermaine, Tito and Randy to sign a belt. They could have gotten Janet to sign a belt. Then they could have gotten 3-T to sign one too. Paris, Prince and Blanket have been asked to sign because they are Michael's children. Period. Nobody wants Jaffar or Jermajesty's signature. I'm sure some people didn't even know who they were until the stun gun incident.

The merchandising deal for the crystal-encrusted belt is also a first -- the trustees of the Michael Jackson estate authorizing the Jackson family to produce and sell memorabilia in the pop star's name.

Katherine Jackson dropped her challenge for control of her son's estate last October, but her husband still has a legal objection pending in probate court.
This is very interesting. Let's see if Joe drops his legal objection to the Estate.

It sounds like this is something they wanted to do...but I can't help but think that these people just want to exploit them and make money off of them. That's my conscience though. I'm speaking through my own ignorance.

thats my fear. The children being told and beleiving its all for a really good cause, the museum, but it really being to fund joe's doomed projects, which Im scared the museum will become.

The designer belt produced as a tribute to their late father and to raise money for the jackson famly museum, per the article, I guess the kids wanted to sign the belt cause it is a tribute to michael not a tribute to jermaine.

The designer belt produced as a tribute to their late father and to raise money for the jackson famly museum, per the article, I guess the kids wanted to sign the belt cause it is a tribute to michael not a tribute to jermaine.

Yes the belt is a tribute for thier father _ the cousins wouldnt be siging that
I think its sweet That PPB want tto help in creating "The Jackson Family Museum
for thier father and thier family _ Its not that big of deal to create such DRAMA
over this .. Maybe they just want to be a part of it _ I think its cool They are doing
something positive with their name. they do have celebrity status in the world in the
media and have millions of fans mostly children _ whatever they do will be scrutenised _

Every positive thing these children do publically shouldnt be concieved as exploitation.

They are famous like it or not ...
I hope Paris prince & Blanket dont feel bad about doing this sweet gesture
based on some fans reaction to it ... think about that

Last edited:

He used to pimp that thing everywhere. There is a recording somewhere on youtube of Michael J. Jackson critisizing his own father about his lack of business sense...and toward the end of the recording, MJ made a reference to Jo Cola, to show Joe's limited business acumen. Priceless.

OH MYYYYYYYYY!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

May I quote this to my friends??? Sorry, but I used to think the whole Joe Cola was but a joke and see!!! Everytime you think Mr. Joe Jackson has hit the nail, he manages to hit it again and even harder!!!!!

Please excuse me and don't take this like any hate against the man, but... let's agree this is more than funny!!! :toofunny:

Cheers!! With Joe Cola :cheers:

:lol:

I think they put the kids name on the belt because it would sell at auction and this guy wants the money for charity. I dont think its exploitation but if I am wrong then I will be disgusted at Joe for doing this.

Honest question: where's the charity part of this? This is not for charity, this is an auction to create a "museum", which we all know it's not simply that, but really an amusement facility with hotels, golf court, restaurant and the like.

Would that be... for free... for "unpriviledged children"? :scratch:

Sorry. Charity and this project simply don't fit.
That will be for profit, friends. That place will certainly have items of Michael and some will be willing to pay to see those (me? you? who knows?). Being so, it's really hard for me to understand they will use the kids in this way. I don't mean the kids were "forced" to do it, maybe they did want to do it (how could we know?), but in my very personal opinion this is but a way to use them for what they mean: Michael.

Michael never used his kids for any of this. In fact, when he "presented" Prince, he gave the money to charity. Real charity, as far as I know.

:doh:

i hope paris prince & blanket dont feel bad about doing this sweet gesture
based on some fans reaction to it ... Think about that

this.

I hope Paris prince & Blanket dont feel bad about doing this sweet gesture
based on some fans reaction to it ... think about that

Agreed.
They shouldn't feel bad or ashamed. They are paying a tribute to their dad, Michael Jackson, because they love him. They did it out of L.O.V.E. and Michael certainly would greatly appreciate that from them.

I think some people need to consider the kids' reasoning for doing this as well...

Bless them. :angel:

By no means do I want Prince Paris and Blanket to feel bad about what it is they have done..they probably even thought it was a great idea.....they are children...smart yes....however....they are to young to see when they are being used for something. Michael would not like this..we all know it..so lets get real. He taught his children about charities..yes...I am sure we all remember when they bought that little hurt dog with no back legs the little walker thingy...THAT is charity...that they should be proud of. This new thing..with the belt..I think they have been misinformed......ok yes I will say it..they were used. Why didn't any of the other Jackson children make a belt and sign it....they are Jacksons too..aren't THEIR signatures worth just as much money as Michael's children's signatures?? ...These kids are being exploited....they have plenty of time later on in life to decide if they want to be famous or not...for now they should just let them deal with grieving for their father.

By no means do I want Prince Paris and Blanket to feel bad about what it is they have done..they probably even thought it was a great idea.....they are children...smart yes....however....they are to young to see when they are being used for something. Michael would not like this..we all know it..so lets get real. He taught his children about charities..yes...I am sure we all remember when they bought that little hurt dog with no back legs the little walker thingy...THAT is charity...that they should be proud of. This new thing..with the belt..I think they have been misinformed......ok yes I will say it..they were used. Why didn't any of the other Jackson children make a belt and sign it....they are Jacksons too..aren't THEIR signatures worth just as much money as Michael's children's signatures?? ...These kids are being exploited....they have plenty of time later on in life to decide if they want to be famous or not...for now they should just let them deal with grieving for their father.

Of course they are being used. I have no doubt about that.

This 'celebrity' tag some people are putting on an 8, 12, and 13 year old I don't think is very good at all. They are children and do not ask to be celebrities. They're certainly famous but I do not think they are or should be called celebrities at their age. It's a lot of pressure for three young children. Is Suri Cruise a celebrity? She's a famous child like PPB but she's not a celebrity IMO. They need their time to be children.
Anyway, that's a bit off topic.

I'm sure the children feel they are representing their Dad by signing the belt. Bless them.

I think your summary of this situation is correct. I agree with you.:yes:

i am 50/50 to the belt. these kids are innocent and they just wanna do something for dad and the Jacksons.

They just used these kids.

They do what Mike didn't want! What a wonderful family.

Very respectful.

Money. M.O.N.E.Y

belts-feature.jpg

buckle-feature.jpg

crown-feature.jpg

ornaments-features.jpg

crystal-feature.jpg

you also get a free gift with purchase (a MJ chain)

mj-necklace.jpg

This is down right exploitation because auction money is not going for any charity ,it's going in for joe and other family members business.they are just using Michaels name in it as usual.kids are going to listen to their grandparents because they are caretaker.it's Katherines duty not to allow joe or other family member to exploit these kids.i am really scared for these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back