VERY POSITIVE: Gest on Mike: Sets some rumours straight :)

I bet there is way more done then 3. Will.i.am said over a year ago that 3 songs were done...so assuming we all believe Michael has recorded in the last year then I can guarantee there is probably much more done. Akon and Michael have done several songs plus the stuff from Ne-Yo, Mikes own songs, and the couple songs submitted by Teddy Riley. If I was to guess I would say Mike has already finished over a dozen songs and just showed Gest the top 3, maybe the first 3 global singles or something to get an opinion.

That makes sense. I just meant that there's 3 done that we know of for sure. 4 counting Hold My Hand.

It is great to hear but since 2005 we have been hearing that a so called new album Michael is working on is soon to be released lol I've totally given up on that theory now but who knows maybe he'll suprise us at 90 or something lol
I've been hearing about a reunion album from the Jacksons since 1994, so they're even more slow than Axl Rose. :p

David Gest did an interview for Sky News which was VERY positive!

He said that the whole Poetry album is rubbish saying he had said in an interview that YEARS ago Michael put the poetry to music for a show Gest was working on.

Gest said he spoke to Michael 2 days ago and said your going to be reading that your doing an album of poems, to which Michael apparantly laughed and joked about it.

Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller (That i doubt but still great for him to say)

He also said Mike is getting himself into shape and dancing and working lots. and that he is in very good health (unlike articlles released yesterday saying he could no longer dance)

He also said the Vegas and O2 rumours are just that, he said Mike is focused on just getting his record done and getting it out there for everyone to hear

You can watch the interview if you press the red button on SkyNews and then go to the Showbiz Section

i don't doubt that the album will be bigger than thriller.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting read. I am glad that he cleared up some things. :)

"Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller"

That's an excellent and objective quote from Gest. The good thing is he isn't working on the album, as opposed to when the producers on Invincible said the same thing Gest did, however they had a real reason to say this.

Very good to hear. I'd give anything to hear these new songs, they sound like they're amazing, and i bet my bottom dollar they are :)

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about David actually...he was being interviewed on T4 (UK) this morning and he was joking with the interviewer saying Michael's not anything like you think he is..."he can outdrink you" meaning the interviewer. He said he can down 20 pints, which can't actually be true if you think about it lol..

the interviewer laughed and said "No way..he'd keel over...his little body couldn't take it!"

So I mean how do we know when David's telling the truth or not?

Whether Michael can drink or not has no bearing on whether Gest is telling the truth or not.

Exactly what benefit does David Gest get from saying he has heard 3 tracks of Michael's new album and they are "amazing"? lol..

I'm a bit confused about David actually...he was being interviewed on T4 (UK) this morning and he was joking with the interviewer saying Michael's not anything like you think he is..."he can outdrink you" meaning the interviewer. He said he can down 20 pints, which can't actually be true if you think about it lol..

the interviewer laughed and said "No way..he'd keel over...his little body couldn't take it!"

it's a joke!

I've always liked David Gest. He seems to be one of Mike's more loyal and honest friends. He will defend him in public but he'll also tell him in private when he's acting like a nut. So therefore I'm glad Mike has a friend like David Gest.

I've always liked David Gest. He seems to be one of Mike's more loyal and honest friends. He will defend him in public but he'll also tell him in private when he's acting like a nut. So therefore I'm glad Mike has a friend like David Gest.
That could be because David is family. They grew up together. I have always argued that MJ needs family around. The ones that know him as Michael or Mike, and can tell him when there is food in his teeth. These were people that were seemingly lacking in MJ's surround and that was very unfortunate when you thing of the hangers on that he was surrounded with.

But, there's no guarantee that Mr. Gest knows what a good track sounds like :p

Hopefully Mike will actually show us something very soon. Personally, my patience is is starting to vanish. These rumors have been circulating the last 3 years or so.

^^^^Well, he has been working in the music business since he was really young :yes: but who knows?!

True^^^ I agree :yes:

David Gest did an interview for Sky News which was VERY positive!

He said that the whole Poetry album is rubbish saying he had said in an interview that YEARS ago Michael put the poetry to music for a show Gest was working on.

Gest said he spoke to Michael 2 days ago and said your going to be reading that your doing an album of poems, to which Michael apparantly laughed and joked about it.

Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller (That i doubt but still great for him to say)

He also said Mike is getting himself into shape and dancing and working lots. and that he is in very good health (unlike articlles released yesterday saying he could no longer dance)

He also said the Vegas and O2 rumours are just that, he said Mike is focused on just getting his record done and getting it out there for everyone to hear

You can watch the interview if you press the red button on SkyNews and then go to the Showbiz Section

lmao...i can soo imagine Michael's face when he told him that.

*clapping* I adore David. He is funny and really loyal to Michael and the rest of the family.

I have no idea how that relates to his credibility. We all know that MJ likes to drink here and there. He was probably joking with the interviewer.

That could be because David is family. They grew up together. I have always argued that MJ needs family around. The ones that know him as Michael or Mike, and can tell him when there is food in his teeth. These were people that were seemingly lacking in MJ's surround and that was very unfortunate when you thing of the hangers on that he was surrounded with

On point. David literally said that he was so close to Tito, Michael and the brothers that he wanted to be just like them. He even said that Michael is literally like a brother to him. Now, that is deep.

David Gest is a friend, he is a coool dude...
he is a showman so you have to take some of the stuff he says with a bit of salt but still he has been a great friend in the last so....35 or 40years? Tell me one more name who is still around and accessable after 35 or 40years! so if Gest says it is more or less true.. :) Read his book it is really good!

i'm disappointed, of course not because of the case he heard 3 tracks, that's great. But that Michael composed music for poetry, I was so excited and pleased to hear that, I have to confess I'm waiting since a long time that Michael would do something like that Michael and the poetry that is something which fits together very well. We know Michael LOVES poetry, me too. And "Dancing the Dream" was a wonderful beginning, but then, he tried never again. And imagine, how amazing it could be if he puts it in tunes.

I quite like David Gest, and behind that fun loving zany persona lies a very sharp mind. It's good that David Gest speaks about Michael in the media, as our fickle UK media really like David Gest. He does so that Michael is human like everyone else when he talks about him.

Great to hear people talking nicely, respectfully and lovingly about Michael! I'm sure very soon the whole of international media too will start to truly respect, appreciate and admire Michael Jackson, his brilliant career, his outstanding, mind-blowing amazing talent, genuine compassion and humanitarian work and the fact that he is the eternal King of Pop with the largest, most diverse and loyal fan base in the world:clap:!!!!! Get ready to see and hear positive MJ news in the media from now on folks! Wishing Michael the very BEST for all his new ventures!!!!!Good times are here again :flowers::jump:!!!
Amen :)

Back