Was you fan of MJ before or after his death?

Was you fan of mj before or after his death?

• Before his death

Votes: 428 94.3%
  • After his death

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really doesn't matter to me when someone became a fan. They're a fan and that's all that matters. No way does it make me think any less of them. :wub:

im a fan since 1992!! so obviously its before his death, and i thank god for having the opportunity to live during the time michael was alive and to have been able to see great moments of Michael!!!

From the very beginning with J5. Kind of makes the wrinkles worth it now, wouldn't have missed it for the world. :yes:

I have loved Michael's voice since the 1970's. Off the wall came out when I had just started secondary school at the age of 12yrs!
Remember Thriller being shown on MTV for the first time and just amazed at it!! :)
There had never been anything like this before, ground breaking stuff! :)
MJ paved the way........rose the bar.......he is amazing.
He performed his Motown ''Billie Jean'' when I was 16yrs........... can mark key events in my life with the release of his albums..........
When he passed I found myself moving into a deep longing to really try to get to know the man behind the genius...........and move from appreciating his works to getting to love him as a man....... it became important to me..and found myself identifying with him on lots of levels.
He is irreplaceable....and undeniably the most talented man that I am so proud to have lived in the era of................
Does that help explain?
xxx

I'm a fan of Mike since 1982 to follow his career 27 years ago I had the privilege of seeing your show Dangerous in 1993 in Sao Paulo Brazil, it's just magic it's all beautiful

Mike i love u so much

Before. Since I was a small child.

I'm happy there's new fans out there, who have so much love for him. :clapping: It keeps MJ's legacy alive. And if the love you feel is pure, it can never be lesser than another. Regardless of time.

I feel sorry for those who are too blinded by ignorance or hatred to discover MJ at all. They have no clue the beauty they're missing out on.

I was yet to be born when "Thriller" was released. I knew songs from "Bad," but I've been fully aware since "Dangerous." I remember always dancing to "Black or White" whenever I heard it on the radio. I was sad to not be able to go and see him during his HIStory Tour. I must admit that I haven't been as active as other fans in here but I knew I always had it in me. A few years ago I had to get the video for "Remember the Time" on my very first large-screen cell phone so I can watch it anywhere over and over again! :)

you've been a fan since 2007 and feel like MJ was a big part of your life...imagine what its like for us thats been fans for 20+ years :( Glad you came around to the good life tho :)

Just because someone became a fan later doesn't mean that they don't feel the same or worse than people who have been fans longer, over the loss of Michael. Like me for example, I have been a fan of his music since I was 10, I am now 17. I became a fan of Michael, the man, February of this year, still before his napping though. Me and MicHil are friends and got into Michael again at the same time. One day I started talking about the Jackson 5 for what reason I don't know but anyways, we started to love the man, Michael from there on. Since we have not really been there for him through his hardships in the past, we thought we could make up the time and be there for him more years to come. We were planning on going to see him because we heard the rumor he might be touring in the U.S. we were going to do anything to go. Our dream was to meet/see him. But... that right was taken away from us. He brought us happieness, joy and Love that we have never felt in our lives before and that was taken away from us too.

Before, way before. Not long after I was born. I was probably a fan before I could speak. :D
I think it's interesting how a lot of people say they became fans when they were super tiny.... it's something about Michael, a kind of charisma and warmth that you recognize immediately. That's why he appeals to children so much. I know my mother tells me how I was GLUED to the screen when Black or White came on TV. I fell in love right then and there!

Before.
I can't say excatly when, because I don't remember if I saw an advertisement for "Captain EO" or "Moonwalker" first. I was too small then ;) I even found an old cassette (end of 80's) where I recorded myself "singing" and I said in between "Michael Jack" LOL And I was crazy about the song "bad" :) (*sigh*, memories). I had a little "break" in between, mid-90's - It was boygroup time for me LOL but 1997 when I was 12 "it got me again" and it never ended since then and it never will :)

I've been his fan for 6 years.

I'm only 21 and I've been a fan of his as long as I remember.

I don't understand the new after death MJ fans.......I mean how many times do you need to listen to Billie Jean or Beat it or see the Moonwalk and not think he is a genius?

The only exception to this, of course, are the children of today who missed out on the times...........

..................when Michael was selling out Arenas and Stadiums, selling 20million+ albums or getting numerous number ones and breathtaking videos to go with it...........

..........and all this happening simultaneously in virtually every country around the world!

I miss those good old days!!!!!!

prior to his death of course, jumping on bandwagons? nah.. thats never been my thing

I remember being young and constantly trying to do the moonwalk on the kitchen floor. :lol: All it was though, was me walking backwards. :blush: Ah, the good old days. :wub:

:( Am I the only one who became a fan after?

I really don't know how to explain it. I always liked his music but I've never been one to go look for the artist when I like one of their songs. I believe it was the day of that I was just sitting doing some work when I'll Be There came on and someone mentioned it was Michael Jackson when he was younger and I was amazed. That same day I believe it was, the news came out and when I got home I started to do searches about him and started to watch his music videos on youtube and fell in love.
I'm not very proud of myself for not noticing him sooner but it's better late than never right?

:hug:
of course, don't feel bad - but I know what you mean.

I was a huge fan growing up in the 70s - followed J5,then the Jacksons, and then was full on MIKE MAD from 79 - 95ish - I belonged to the fan clubs before the Internet and owned all the music... but then I got married and was spending more time doing the things they tell you that you are suppose to do when you grow up...(BLAH) I still loved his music and would watch his short films and would never miss a TV appearance - as well followed all the news good and bad - but it was just in the background... until March of this year - when he announced This Is It... - even though I wasn't going - I was curious and excited for him... but I didn't realize how much he was ingrained in my life until he passed away...

sometimes you don't know what you got until it's gone... what matters is you love him now

For thirty years I have been a fan of Michael and supported him everyday and I will continue to support and love him for the rest of my life.

Julia

Back