Was you fan of MJ before or after his death?

Was you fan of mj before or after his death?

• Before his death

Votes: 428 94.3%
  • After his death

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Way before. In November/December 1991 I was 12 years old I'm now 30. :D
18 years full on 24th December. That's the date when I got my first MJ cassette (Dangerous) from my mom.

before since 1995 I was 4 year old now i 18
never forgotten!!My first album I buy it dangerous in 1993 and video thriller

I was only a fan for 2 years and then he left us :'(

dont be sad :) You was lucky you knew and loved him when he was alive..
Thats great !!!!

I was a fan since ... :wtf: As long as i can remember... my family also hear his music back in 1995 and I just dancing to his music .. So I knew him since I was a baby... he was the first person I knew as a celebrity xD But im more fan for some years ago...

I have been a fan 25+ of my life. The first song l heard was Got to Be There. I was so dazzled by his voice ever since:)

Ok, I'm ready now to admit I became a fan after. I don't feel proud about this, however.

I've always liked his music though and kind of grew up with it. I even think Black or white might have been the first short film I ever saw. Hearing I'll be there and Heal the world make me cry somehow. I guess I have childhood memories with these songs, although I can't remember what they are. And on my bike I used to sing the chorus of Heal the world.

After, his videoclips were shown a lot and I wanted to see them all and I really liked them all. Some suprised me, like Dirty Diana, Who is it?, Another part of me and Leave me alone (the list could go on and on) and I fell in love. I wanted to know all about him. I watched interviews on youtube, bought his music, Moonwalker and Dancing the dream (Moonwalk, Michael Jackson Conspiracy and For the record are still on my list - Opus is underway). I wanted to see everything about MJ on TV. Somehow I stumbled across this forum and decided to join to stay up to date and learn more about the one we love!

I've been a huge fan for 16-17 years.

Saw him live on his birthday in 1997 in Copenhagen. So great.

I really hope no body finds this patronising but...

The minute I saw the thread titke I thought 'shoot....here comes the bickering' but I was full of pride to see there was none of it... it gives me a little hope that this place that I love so much is on the road to recovery. Love you all :D :D

(p.s....I was before... )

Last edited:
I first saw the Beat It video when I was 7 so that makes 9 years being an MJ fan and so proud of it. :D

Before... fan since 1994... heard black or white this year, and never stop hearing and loving Michael, since then!

Been listening to his music all my life. Became really obsessed around 2005 (surprisingly when everyone else seemed to be turning against him) when I was 12/13. Since then I've spent almost all my pocket money collecting all the CD's, DVD's and Videos I'd missed out on up till then!

I've been a fan for 25 years, since I was in my mothers tummy grooving to Thriller!

Tbh I think that all this talk of 'new fans' and who was a fan before or after his death may be making newer fans feel a little uncomfortable.

I would, I would feel like people were saying im less of a fan because I became a fan after his death.

Just saying.

Well let's see I'm a fan of his since I was a 2 years old. So after a while I stop listen to his music for a while, then in 2008 I just started listen to his music back agian. After he died I just listen to his music agian because I love listen to MJ!

since the late eighties, my first childhood memory is watching thriller and dirty diana, I was a fan from the age of 3. Been a fan for 22 years.

Was a bit of a fan as a kid, had a few tapes, an MJ doll, etc.... but it wasn't until I saw him on the AMA awards in 93 that I became a huge fan. I have so many fond memories of waiting for new releases.. like HIStory... and staying up to watch him on tv.... omg I about had a coronary waiting for the 30th anniversary thing to begin haha....

Also a lot of harsh memories of being teased, bullied and put down in school and beyond for being a fan of his... but those things just make you stronger anyhow ;)

I joined MJNO sometime in 2003 I think?...When ever it was that I got net connection on my own. That place opened my eyes to the fact I was NOT the only obsessed MJ fan. What a revelation that was for me! To have others to converse with about all aspects of Michael Jackson was so crazy cool after so many years of being shunned.

The trial was really tough....My coworkers really gave me a hard time for thinking he was innocent and made sure I heard exactly what they thought about him all the time... even some of my family was mean about it...although most were good about it, at least when I was in the room.

When MJNO closed, I was shocked and sad and felt a little cut off, but felt it was a sign to move on for a while from the whole MJ online thing....

Then life got crazy for a while and I ended up in Australia of all places... :D

Then I woke up one morning to my friend stopping me before seeing the tv, telling me... no I think more like preparing me... that MJ may had died... she didn't want me to freak out when I saw the tv.... she was so kind that way. She saw how hard the trial and the scandals and the balcony thing, etc had been on me... so she just knew to do that...

It was like having my heart and soul and happiness ripped out of me, thrown to the ground, and pounded on by the feet of every mean person on the planet... horrible. Just horrible. All the fun times, fun fan times together, fun everything MJ, stomped out, snuffed out. It was absolutely crushing to me. :(

And then I seeked out the only people that truly would understand was was going on in my head.... I found this place, MJJC... and you lot. :wub:

It was like coming home again. :D I ran into people I used to chat with, talk to on the phone, text, etc.. during the trial and everything. It's been great. And becoming Jr. Moderator has been not only a priviledge, but a positive way to feel like I am doing something, anything... like channeling my sadness and sorrow into something helpful here. It's given me something to do to push away my bit of depression MJ's passing has caused. I'm very thankful for this place because of that.

:yes:

sorry for rambling... i guess i just felt like sharing that right now.

And I think every fan, new and old, we are equal, and bring something to the table here. Older fans need to be respected for what they've done and how they've contributed and fought over the years, but also newer fans need to be welcomed and hugged and taught ALL the wonderful lessons we've learned of MJ over the years... so he is never EVER forgotten.

-Misty

And I think every fan, new and old, we are equal, and bring something to the table here. Older fans need to be respected for what they've done and how they've contributed and fought over the years, but also newer fans need to be welcomed and hugged and taught ALL the wonderful lessons we've learned of MJ over the years... so he is never EVER forgotten.

-Misty

You are so right. Fans are fans, we all share love for Michael :clapping:.

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. I remember being about 4 years old dancing around the house to Michael and crying endlessly when I was 6 yrs old and my mum was going to the BAD concert without me!!! She said I was too young and would get crushed. I remmeber finding her concert ticket afterwards and holding it for hours crying!! I used to sing MJ's songs with my friends and we bacme the MJ trio, everything we did revolved around MJ, making up plays with MJ as lead role, acting out wedding ceremonies pretending we were marrying Michael!! We were only about 8 yrs old and felt like we had been fans forever. Nothing has changed, I'm 27 yrs old and have loved Michael every day since I can remember, he is always in my thoughts..literally. Not a day goes by without me thinking of my Michael!

BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like all those "new kids" we have now...That have become fans after the tragic day...

I've been a fan for over 30 years...from the J5/Jacksons days to throughout Michael's solo career, through all his highs and lows...I was always a fan.

Not a 'come-lately' fan here.

:yes:

-Misty

AGREED 100 percent!! :angel:

Back