Was you fan of MJ before or after his death?

Was you fan of mj before or after his death?

• Before his death

Votes: 428 94.3%
  • After his death

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before. I´ve been a fan for 16 years, since 1993 when I happened to see the Live in Bucharest Dangerous concert on TV. And I began to love him more and more the more I learned about him, his music and humanitarian work. :heart:

I was a fan since before birth! :laugh: My mom when to see the Victor tour when she was 8 months pregnant with me!

Well I was a fan before he died ..since the age of 11 years old and I am now 38 years old ..so that is 27 years fan and I will be a fan till the day I die.....
Ah, you're like me. I was 12 and now I'm coming up on 38. Have loved Michael with every heartbeat in between and always will :heart:

I can't remember a time when I was not a fan. I feel blessed to have been in the world and to have witnessed his phenominal sucess. The world seems a much quieter place without him.

I can't remember a time when I was not a fan. I feel blessed to have been in the world and to have witnessed his phenominal sucess. The world seems a much quieter place without him.

I totaly agree with your post.....I have said so 1000 times....the world does seem like a quieter place without Michael...:sad:

Before. Since I was a small child.

I'm happy there's new fans out there, who have so much love for him. :clapping: It keeps MJ's legacy alive. And if the love you feel is pure, it can never be lesser than another. Regardless of time.

I feel sorry for those who are too blinded by ignorance or hatred to discover MJ at all. They have no clue the beauty they're missing out on.

:clapping::clapping:.....agree!!

before his death for me. The First concert I ever went to was when he toured australia on the HIStory tour. amazing

lol since i was born...my big cousins used to tease me when i was kid (im 22 now lol) and my grammy used to kick their but for it :D i was spoiled ... always loved mike even to this day my mom or grammy will get me anything michael if its not michael forget it lol

fav video Smooth Criminal
fav song Lady in My Life
fav performance Heartbreak Hotel '87 Yokohama

Before his death. My first memories of him are Moonwalker/Bad. My dad is a big fan of his so it was apart of me at an early age. Michael is around the same age as my parents also.

Last edited:
Before. My dad's Bad album was the first album I ever danced too and when I was 5 and Dangerous first came out I used to spend hours just staring at the cover whilst I had the tape on full blast in the living room. Finally when HIStory came out my dad got so fed up of me stealing his CD he bought me my own copy. Michael has been the soundtrack of my life and I am so thankful for that.

I've been a fan since I was 11.for over 15 years now
but I wonder mjjcommunity got so many members after June 25!!
so guess so many ppl maybe were fans but didnt care to come here and join

I was a fan before. First I started out being a casual fan, liking Michael's music and his looks. Then in the early 200s I got to know him a bit better as a person so I became more of a fan.
Anyway, I have thought about joining a Michael board. But in the 80s my favorite artist was Boy George, so later on when I learned the internet, I joined his forums. Well the bickering got too much for me. My favorite forum closed and the other one I was on wasn't AOL user friendly, so I stopped posting on there. I didn't look for other forums because of the bickering. I thought about registering on a Michael board, before he passed, but bickering was the reason I didn't do it. I was afraid the same thing would go on here or whereever I would have joined. I didn't even lurk as a guest. Had I, I probably would have joined, I'm sure. Now I wish I had.

Before, my first memories of Michael was the song thriller on my halloween cd and watching Ghosts on halloween, I did not really become a fan until I saw other clips of Michael when he first got arrested. I was in 4th/5th grade. My mom and dad were sitting there ripping him to peices and they had Beat It video playing, I really liked it, and the rest was HIStory. I pretty much ignored the trail until I was old enough to understand and look into the facts.

Since I saw him singing and dancing in Blame it on the boogie !!! That is over 30 years ago....

i may have joined after his death but i was fan since 2001. MJ is just full of win

I just wanted to say...I have been a fan since 1967...when I was 9 years old.

I posted this on another thread, but just wanted to say...I think that it's too bad that some consider themselves "old" fans, while others are "new". If there is one very significant thing that Mr. Jackson did in his lifetime on this special planet we call Earth, it was his ability to bring several generations together in love and friendship. It is all about the L.O.V.E. here. I for one am very happy to see both old and "new" fans showing just how spectacular Mr. Jackson truly was!

I became a fan in 2004. September 2004 to be exact.

been a fan since birth...i think the majority of us have lol

yeah i think so too hehehe I've been a fan since i was one year old (I'm 24 now) only just came across this forum though thanks to a fellow MJ/Mika fan on the Mika forum she said she got the macros she'd posted from the Mjjc so i asked what on earth is the Mjjc & she explained & so I joined straight away & i'm so glad I did!!

I may be new here but i'm loving it so far!!!

I've been a fan for many many years. I still find it a bit wierd that some people became a fan after his death somehow. I mean why so late?! But then again better late then never...

yeah me too but I get it if they're pretty young though! ahh well as long as they love MJ & support him better late than never I guess it's better to have a late comer than a hater right ;)

I've been a fan since I was 11.for over 15 years now
but I wonder mjjcommunity got so many members after June 25!!
so guess so many ppl maybe were fans but didnt care to come here and join

ohh I'd have cared to join before had I known of it's existence :D I didn't till someone on the Mika forum who's also a big MJ fan & a member here told me about the place

I had joined another MJ forum back in about march but it was quiet & rather confusing so i've hardly ever posted there

i'm rather glad I found this place it's far better!

Back