Was you fan of MJ before or after his death?

Was you fan of mj before or after his death?

• Before his death

Votes: 428 94.3%
  • After his death

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't be angry with yourself. No one should be upset that they became a fan later on. All that matters is that you're genuine and that you appreciate Michael and his music. I'm sure Michael would be thankful for all his fans. It doesn't matter when you became a fan, as long as you appreciate MJ and his music, that's what matters. It's never too late to become a fan.

Since I was 4 in 87! I saw MoonWalker and was hooked, then my brother told me he used to be part of a group with his brothers called the J5, after I ask him "is that him singing when he was little?" I was even more excited because their was even more music to enjoy from him as a child too!

I had his posters on the wall and I recorded almost every single program on VHS that was about him when I was around 10. I still have them somewhere in the basement =)

Ooohhh!! Yes, yes!! I know I have some tapes also at my closet. I am thinking of getting those into a DVD to see them again hahahahaha!!

My biggest thrill was Dangerous tour. Two months begging mama to allow to go, 11,5 hours waiting for the show, under the hottest Spring sun, alone, with almost no food, no watter and smashed among other 70,000+ fans, first row, 2+ hours of a dream came true, a kiss blowing in the wind from stage to me... then lots of bruises and some 2 week without voice :)

What a day.... 23 October, 1993. Sixteen years +.... amazing. My heart still jumps just to the memory of that night.

I was 6 when Thriller came out so ever since then I have been a fan.

I've loved Mike for 16 years, am 21 now so you do the math:D...

The first time i found out about him is when i was 4-5 years old(92-93) when i was in Ethiopia. I saw BAD music video!!!

But 8 ago was that i've become a die hard fan. ( i dont wanna say a die hard fan) but thats what i'm now. And if i were given 2nd chance to live and was asked to choose what century, I'd pick This one, and maybe i'd try to keep him alive.

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:
Before, since i was 10, now i have 23 btw

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Am I the only one who became a fan after?

I really don't know how to explain it. I always liked his music but I've never been one to go look for the artist when I like one of their songs. I believe it was the day of that I was just sitting doing some work when I'll Be There came on and someone mentioned it was Michael Jackson when he was younger and I was amazed. That same day I believe it was, the news came out and when I got home I started to do searches about him and started to watch his music videos on youtube and fell in love.
I'm not very proud of myself for not noticing him sooner but it's better late than never right?
No you are not the only one.
Look at how many thousands of people joined forums after June 25th. I think his passing made people realize how much they liked him, or made them want to know more about him. Becoming bigger fans than before when they may have just been a general fan who liked him but wasn't as into him as before. Rediscovering their childhoods or other memories. Don't feel bad.

Before. Unfortunately, only since 2007. I'm 18 now and "discovered" Michael (lol) when I was a junior in high school. Before I became a fan, I only had heard about him because of the trial and the LWMJ interview; I didn't know any of his music or at least hadn't attributed the songs I did know to him. Now it seems so strange to me that I wasn't familiar with his music-how could I possibly not have been? Anyway it feels like I've been a fan forever, Michael has been such a big part of my life for so long now.

Before. Unfortunately, only since 2007. I'm 18 now and "discovered" Michael (lol) when I was a junior in high school. Before I became a fan, I only had heard about him because of the trial and the LWMJ interview; I didn't know any of his music or at least hadn't attributed the songs I did know to him. Now it seems so strange to me that I wasn't familiar with his music-how could I possibly not have been? Anyway it feels like I've been a fan forever, Michael has been such a big part of my life for so long now.

you've been a fan since 2007 and feel like MJ was a big part of your life...imagine what its like for us thats been fans for 20+ years :( Glad you came around to the good life tho :)

Before, I have been a MJ fan since I was 4 years old and I am 30 now (26 years). I always will be a MJ Fan.

I have been a fan since i was 12 i am now 41 and i will .still be a fan till the day i die

I was fan before. :) but I'm glad many people got into MJ even after his death!
once I wore MJ t-shirt and some guys told to me something like "of course, now when Jackosn is dead everyone loves him", damn! have I do a t-shirt like "I'm MJ fan not because of his death"?! It's so annoying!

Since I was 6.. 16 years now =) ..and will be forever :wub:

Way before. Since 1982. Every second of my life...every breath I take.
And I will love him forever. Even after I die.

Been a fan since I was 8.

Saw him on the HIStory Tour, then at the WMAs in 2006 and then went to the March announcement.

I really don't know how to explain it. I always liked his music but I've never been one to go look for the artist when I like one of their songs. I believe it was the day of that I was just sitting doing some work when I'll Be There came on and someone mentioned it was Michael Jackson when he was younger and I was amazed. That same day I believe it was, the news came out and when I got home I started to do searches about him and started to watch his music videos on youtube and fell in love.
I'm not very proud of myself for not noticing him sooner but it's better late than never right?

Me, too! :)

I am 47, I have been a great admirer of Mr.Jackson, Jackson 5, Jacksons since I was 7 years old.

We basically grew up together...so I guess you could say that they are like a second family to me...:punk:

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

After, sadly...

This is something I have wanted to beat myself up for mainly because I just feel such loss when I could have known. I wish I'd known how amazing he was. I was never from memory exposed to his music and only knew his name from the media. I would hear the judgements and not really pay any attention and I am glad to say I never let the media drag me to a place of judging him because I am not that kind of person.
I didn't know what made him who he was. And musically, I knew some of his songs but didn't know they were his, so I really was sheltered from him my whole life. When he passed, I started to learn more about him and very very quickly I started to feel a close emotional bond with him. To be honest the strength of that makes me feel like I have been a fan for a long long time. I can only wish it was the case. I feel like I've been given a gift to have him in my life now. I just wish he wasn't gone from this world at the same time. And musically? Omg...He's incredible. I love the music and can only dream I was 10 or so years older so maybe I could have heard and gone to see him live... wow what an experience. Anyway that is my story and I am now here to support Michael's legacy in this world but still learning too and still grieving for what we have lost. I really do love him, he is in my heart :wub: .. and I guess I hope he maybe loves me too.. *yup just a little doubting of myself not of Michael*

Since December the 29th 2008.

But you've gotta' give me credit for being a fan at all, what with being 16 years old. :D
'And giirl: you even know the date excatly ;D

Been a fan since 94

woohoo my birth year ;d

Awww... dont be sa..we all love to see some new fan here!!;D

I have been a fan since WAYYY before Michael passed...since 1977.....I was 10 years old...I remember my Dad had a vinyl Rocking Robin....and the rest is history.....I have always loved Michael and I always will..

Thats really long time.. did you ever meet him? :)

well i've been a fan of his music since i was 7... I'm 19 now.
but i've only been a fan of the man himself since Feb of THIS year... :'(

i wish i had longer time to have the person (more than just his music) in my life.
i would have had more of a beautiful and joyous wonders in my life, if only i took the chance to knew him sooner. I'm very angry. Angry with myself.

thats ok.. dont be sad and angry :)

40 years, since 1969

HOLY S-H-I-T !! Did you ever meet him? and what year was it?

After, sadly...

This is something I have wanted to beat myself up for mainly because I just feel such loss when I could have known. I wish I'd known how amazing he was. I was never from memory exposed to his music and only knew his name from the media. I would hear the judgements and not really pay any attention and I am glad to say I never let the media drag me to a place of judging him because I am not that kind of person.
I didn't know what made him who he was. And musically, I knew some of his songs but didn't know they were his, so I really was sheltered from him my whole life. When he passed, I started to learn more about him and very very quickly I started to feel a close emotional bond with him. To be honest the strength of that makes me feel like I have been a fan for a long long time. I can only wish it was the case. I feel like I've been given a gift to have him in my life now. I just wish he wasn't gone from this world at the same time. And musically? Omg...He's incredible. I love the music and can only dream I was 10 or so years older so maybe I could have heard and gone to see him live... wow what an experience. Anyway that is my story and I am now here to support Michael's legacy in this world but still learning too and still grieving for what we have lost. I really do love him, he is in my heart :wub: .. and I guess I hope he maybe loves me too.. *yup just a little doubting of myself not of Michael*

Back