What's the reason to not buy or buy Thriller 25?

I will be bying, because I have one Thriller CD, that has some scratches in it..........very annoying! And I want to hear the remixes and the song "For all time". I don`t have one favorite album, i like them all, but Thriller is special, because .....well; its Thriller!

I was at a christmas party yesterday, and this was with all of the people I study with. This is mostly younger people then me, but when they played Thriller and Billie Jean, the dance floor got completely crowded!:lol:
And all this young people, showing off their Thriller moves etc it was awsome!
I think all his music deserves attention and praise, but that album is in a special category. Some may find that annoying, but ask anyone who isn`t a fan and they will know most of the songs from that album.
Its brilliant what they do now, take the opportunity to make people remember what made him a legend in the first place, have the young hot artists introducing this to the younger generation, and then release new music. Its the best way to do it, and I think it will be very successful. This is not mainly aimed at the fans who has all other versions ( even if many will do as I and buy it, for different reasons). Its a celebration of a great album, that will forever stand in world history. And its a marketing tool.

I'm buying it because one, I support Michael all the way, two, it has an unreleased track, even though its been leaked, its only right to compensate the artist for their hard work and it will have better sound quality and three, because the booklet looks hot, lol.

Last edited:
I'm definitely buying it, I'm getting more & more excited!

To buy Thriller 25 is:

1. to support Michael

2. to increase sales

3. to hear new 2008 versions

4. to hear new releases

5. to encourage sales

6. to promote his new album

I can't think of any reason why a fan wouldn't want this album. That's my opinion.

I can't think of a reason not to. The reasons to buy it are to numerous to list but beyond the fact that it has something new on it, it seems to be a good idea to have extra Thriller albums because whenever I lend one out I can't seem to get it back.

ill buy it because i love these remixes!!! i believe is the best sound that michael has produce since history!! and dont someone tell me that the remixes of history (blood on the dance floor)were beter from these ones....although 6millions coppies make them the best selling remix album ever...these remixes(remakes) are very very good stuff,and deserve to have them!!!!there is another reason too....i have many years to go to the shop and buy michaels new stuff...and am really going to enjoy it...ill take my best friend bill and we will have the most crazy michael jackson shoping EVER!! BECAUSE OUR MAN IS BACK AND HIS DOING A WONDERFULL JOB...

Last edited:
To buy Thriller 25 is:

1. to support Michael

2. to increase sales

3. to hear new 2008 versions

4. to hear new releases

5. to encourage sales

6. to promote his new album

I can't think of any reason why a fan wouldn't want this album. That's my opinion.

perfect, I agree in all points! Every true Fan should do that!

to answer simple and briefly:

reason # 1: For All Time
reason # 2: Got The Hots

I'll but it cause I don't own a copy of Thriller and cause it's limited edition, has some videos and extra bits n bobs.

However, if i did own a copy, no I wouldn't buy it.

I had planned to order a copy today but now i'm not sure. I allready have 3 copies. An LP, CD and the remastered cd version which where released a few years ago. Do i really need 4? I keep asking myself today:lol: And i don't really like Akon. When i heard MJ doing something with him i was really like MJ what are you doing?! There are much better artists..:eek:

Ohh well it has some extra stuff on it so i decided to think it over one moe day.

I had planned to order a copy today but now i'm not sure. I allready have 3 copies. An LP, CD and the remastered cd version which where released a few years ago. Do i really need 4? I keep asking myself today:lol: And i don't really like Akon. When i heard MJ doing something with him i was really like MJ what are you doing?! There are much better artists..:eek:

Ohh well it has some extra stuff on it so i decided to think it over one moe day.

and that's how this works...

buy it or not ... Hmmmm ??

Anyone that knows me, knows that this is a query that will NOT trouble me for long.

I will have at least two hard copies of: the CD, each CD single that is released and will purchase each single that is released on iTunes.

Why ?? ... because i want it for my collection **snap** that is all the reason i need. Thriller and Michael Jackson are a piece of my HIStory.

Or as i told iTunes ...

The release of this anniversary edition of the quintessential 80's Classic 'THRILLER', is simply a warm-up. The star power that is represented in the Thriller '08, re-mixed versions of Michael Jackson's HIStory making singles, is there for one reason ... to get everyone's attention !! Considering that most already own at least 1 copy of Thriller, the contributions from current chart toppers is a nice addition to the track listing. Some of which, fall a little short of Mr. Jackson's original versions. Showing that, even against his contemporaries & with 'dated' material, the artistry that is Michael Jackson shines through. Regardless of this, or what critics might say about the tracks, these re-worked tributes to Michael Jackson's hits will undoubtedly push Thriller's record breaking sales even farther through the roof. Some may hail this a come back ... Fan's would not call this a come back. This anniversary edition of Thriller is more of a polite knock, before he breaks down the door. Either way, WELCOME BACK MICHAEL !!

Last edited:
wow that is cool, it came off itunes site? loving it!!!

Well I already pre ordered my copy. My copy of the special edition from 2001 is getting scratched up and it's time for a new copy...and with my favorite unreleased track "For All Time" on the latest copy of Thriller, it works out for me.

Reasons Not To Buy Thriller 25
* I already own Thriller on CD
* The remixes are bad
* Buying it would be supporting Michael's decision to work with untalented fools like Akon and Fergie

Reasons To Buy Thriller 25
* The packaging, cover art and booklet will be amazing
* The music videos on the DVD will hopefully be remastered
* It included a remastered version of "For All Time"
* If I get the imported version it'll have "Got the Hots" which I have never heard before

The pros outweigh the cons for me.

Last edited:
buy it or not ... Hmmmm ??

Anyone that knows me, knows that this is a query that will NOT trouble me for long.

I will have at least two hard copies of: the CD, each CD single that is released and will purchase each single that is released on iTunes.

Why ?? ... because i want it for my collection **snap** that is all the reason i need. Thriller and Michael Jackson are a piece of my HIStory.

Or as i told iTunes ...

The release of this anniversary edition of the quintessential 80's Classic 'THRILLER', is simply a warm-up. The star power that is represented in the Thriller '08, re-mixed versions of Michael Jackson's HIStory making singles, is there for one reason ... to get everyone's attention !! Considering that most already own at least 1 copy of Thriller, the contributions from current chart toppers is a nice addition to the track listing. Some of which, fall a little short of Mr. Jackson's original versions. Showing that, even against his contemporaries & with 'dated' material, the artistry that is Michael Jackson shines through. Regardless of this, or what critics might say about the tracks, these re-worked tributes to Michael Jackson's hits will undoubtedly push Thriller's record breaking sales even farther through the roof. Some may hail this a come back ... Fan's would not call this a come back. This anniversary edition of Thriller is more of a polite knock, before he breaks down the door. Either way, WELCOME BACK MICHAEL !!

I agree completely. :yes:

Reason to buy: because you want it.

Reason Not to buy: because you don't want it.

Simple as that. :D

Well, the reason why I'm gonna purchase Thriller 25 is cause I love the Thriller album. And, I only have one Thriller CD (Which I always play in my car) and now it's badly scratched up. I was actually thinking on buying another CD, but as soon as I heard Thriller 25 is coming out, I'm just gonna wait for it then. Plus it's also part of my huge music collection. :D
I don't like the remixes but, who cares? I'm still buying it, I need a new CD! :lol:

Sorry if it's been already posted.

Will you buy Thriller 25? What's your reason to buy or not to buy it?

I will not hide I am skeptic about it cause it's all old material with few remixes in nowdays sounds. At least that's how it looks like. I already have Thriller so why should I buy one more? Just cause it has new package or few old songs in new version? I wonder how much would it cost then?

Isn't there enough with old stuff and Greatest Hist already?

Your a true fan aren't you :rolleyes: :angry: :angry: of coarse I will buy it and .......I'm gonna buy the 4 different versions because TRUE fans will buy anything and everything to do with mj :yes: :yes: and the reason for Thriller being re-done is because it happens to be the most bought album of all time :rolleyes: :no: :no:

Another thing to mention is that this one of the ONLY re-releases (aside fromm 2001's special edition versions) that MICHAEL is supporting.. He actually WORKED on it. As the other best of's etc.. were simply a way for SONY to make as much money as possible off of MJ while they were thinking he was leaving..

I did not buy any other best-of albums.. Non at least that did not have something new.. Because Michael worked on it.. I will support it.

Last edited:
i'll definitely buy it since i don't have the Thriller album.

I'm gonna buy the 4 different versions because TRUE fans will buy anything and everything to do with mj :yes: :yes: and the reason for Thriller being re-done is because it happens to be the most bought album of all time :rolleyes: :no: :no:

Who are you to tell other fans what a true fan is? I don't want to pull a fight or anything but over the years i'm a fan i heard this so many times it's just annoying. Everyone is a fan in thier own way. Being MJ fan isn't like who has the most MJ stuff at all.

Sorry for the offtopicness..

You're not "not a true fan" if you decide not to buy something! I own a lot of stuff, but never saw the point in buying "The Essential" and some other compilations...

Like I said, buy if you wantit... and don't buy it if you don't. :lol:

I think i'm gonna buy it just cuz it's Mike but my parent's will think i'm crazy considering I already have the vinyl record, the tape and the cd lol

well....when MJ comes out with something..whatever it is...i get hungry. i gotta eat..so...i gotta get it. it's like food to me, for my ears. it really does fulfill a need in me. so, i'll buy it. if i don't it'll feel like i'm killin myself..and..i don't wanna do that. i actually felt that way, when i almost didn't get 'invincible'. i ain't takin that chance again. the same went for 'number 1's.'

Back