Which Late Star Should Be on the Next U.S. Stamp? *vote for MICHAEL*

DancingToTheEternity

Proud Member
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20368805,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

It's an honor bestowed on America's best-loved entertainers who've passed away – a commemorative U.S. postage stamp.

Elvis has one – the most popular U.S. stamp of all time, in fact. So do Marilyn Monroe and James Dean. As of Wednesday, Katharine Hepburn, who died in 2003, has one too.

The full 2010 lineup is already set. But what happens when the U.S. Postal Service has to ready more celeb-studded stamps? Here are a few ideas to consider for the future:

RELATED: The Simpsons Go Postal

• Michael Jackson: One of the most successful musical artists of all time, the King of Pop won 15 Grammy awards, had 13 No. 1 singles in the U.S. and has sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide. He died at age 50 in June 2009.

• Paul Newman: The actor, racecar driver and philanthropist was nominated for nine Academy Awards, winning one for The Color of Money. His Newman's Own food company has raised millions for charity. He died in September 2008 at age 83.

• Patrick Swayze: The fan-favorite actor made his name in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, and was named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive in 1991. After a battle with cancer, he died at age 57 in September 2009.

I voted twice.

I hope this happens. This would be a huge deal. To be twice victimized by the government, to then later be featured on an official US stamp, that would shut up a lot of nay-sayers who still believe this man was a criminal.

I thought a person has to be dead 10 years before getting put on a stamp, unless they changed the policy.

Maybe so since Katherine has been dead shy of 10 years. But I thought that as well. Hmmm...

Voted:

Who should be featured on the next commemorative stamp?
* Michael Jackson
37%
* Paul Newman
38%
* Patrick Swayze
25%

Voted. Michael is winning with 39% at the moment. Too bad we can't officially choose for real through this poll. As long as it's not rigged, you know MJ fans would pull it off :D

Michael Jackson

41%
Paul Newman

36%
Patrick Swayze

23%

Yeyyyyyyyyyy.

Voted. Michael is winning with 39% at the moment. Too bad we can't officially choose for real through this poll. As long as it's not rigged, you know MJ fans would pull it off :D

Oh! :(

I voted Michael is at 43%, Its odd that this is a topic of conversation because the other day I spoke to a person at my local post office about stamps and they informed me that a person had to be dead for 5 years before they would make a stamp of that person. So I dont know..I just wanted to share that..:)

Back