Which Late Star Should Be on the Next U.S. Stamp? *vote for MICHAEL*

Voted. Keep going.

Who should be featured on the next commemorative stamp?
  • Michael Jackson

43%
  • Paul Newman

35%
  • Patrick Swayze

22%

MJ FANS ARE REALLY BEST FANS THAT THIS WORLD HAS!

Its just amazing to see how we always support him ....
For example when that discussing lie about MJ being gay came out ...that guy who claim that got death threats....I mean ....NO MESS WITH MJ =)

MJ FANS ARE REALLY BEST FANS THAT THIS WORLD HAS!

Its just amazing to see how we always support him ....
For example when that discussing lie about MJ being gay came out ...that guy who claim that got death threats....I mean ....NO MESS WITH MJ =)

I agree with the first part, but I do not with the second. Death threats aren't really in the spirit of Michael, don't think we should be proud of that.

I just voted :)

Voted again but I just realized that it's people magazine and they really don't have any say in who the U.S. Postal service choose for a stamp.

I think people.com will get traffic to their website and MJ will be voted the highest, but I think if we want a stamp to honor Michael, it might be more fruitful if we write letters to the U.S. Postal service instead.

Dont you have to be dead 10 years to be on a stamp?

http://www.stamps.org/Kids/kid_QA.htm

Why does the United States of America put only dead people on stamps when other countries picture people who are still living?

Each of the world's stamp-issuing nations has its own set of rules governing selection of subjects for stamps. The United States does not consider putting an individual on a stamp sooner than 10 years following his or her death. The exception is former Presidents of the United States, each of whom is honored with a memorial stamp on the first birthday following their death. The United States believes the impact of a person's life cannot be assessed until it has ended and that at least 10 years after death are required to make a fair evaluation. Most historians would agree that this is a sound policy.

Voted for Michael.

Here is the results after my vote:

Who should be featured on the next commemorative stamp?

Michael Jackson 37%
Paul Newman 23%
Patrick Swayze 40%

Back