Who do you think is the most OVERRATED female artist today?

Who do You think is the Most OVERRATED female artist today?

• Total voters
Taylor Swift.

Where is the hype about Britney? I've heard nothing from her for ages.. guess it depends what country you're from.

It was claimed that was true of Michael on some songs - changing a couple of words and getting writing credit. :whisperinginear: :unsure:
I have NEVER heard that before, please tell me more...Who said this and when?

I have NEVER heard that before, please tell me more...Who said this and when?

It was in the magic and the madness book, some he worked with claimed it. :scratch:a couple of songs were mentioned I'll have to dig the book out.

It was in the magic and the madness book, some he worked with claimed it. :scratch:a couple of songs were mentioned I'll have to dig the book out.
oh lol figuered...in other words...a big pile of BS! I was wondering why I never heard that before.

oh lol figuered...in other words...a big pile of BS! I was wondering why I never heard that before.

Actually I wouldn't be so quick to judge as the songwriters were mentioned. This is about a couple of songs not every song he has ever done obviously, we know Michael Jackson can write songs!

Yet you immediately believe some second hand information given with no source about an artist you dislike. Bias.

Actually I wouldn't be so quick to judge as the songwriters were mentioned. This is about a couple of songs not every song he has ever done obviously, we know Michael Jackson can write songs!

Yet you immediately believe some second hand information given with no source about an artist you dislike. Bias.
what???

Girl, it ain't no second hand information. Remember Irreplaceable. They said Bey wrote it until Ne-yo (the writer) claimed it was his work.

MJ has a lot more consistency in his writing. and..he was taken to court(unfortunately)and displayed his writing process, and proved, truthfully, that he wrote or cowrote all the songs with his name on the writing credits.

Last edited:
in my opinion, certainly Taylor Swift... I can't believe she won the Album of The Year Grammy :rolleyes: ...

Beyonce and Taylor def
and the only artist from now that I really love is GaGa .
I think that she is very talented, creative and different..

Overall, in general, Britney Spears, I love her music, it's fun to dance to. But you put her in a singing competition against Christina Aguliera (sp?) hands down Christina is going to win. She has a HUGE voice. She never got enough credit for her voice. But Taylor Swift, she's cute, her music is cute, but she's over rated. On that note, I do think she is a WONDERFUL role models for young girls. At least she's not running around in barely nothing. She writes and plays her own music. So, it's hard to REALLY say. I hope that made sense lol

Beyonce & Taylor Swift
I find them boring and not original.
I love Lady Gaga though :)

I would have said Beyonce, but when I heard Taylor Swift live @ the Grammies, I came to the conclusion that it was definitely her. While I feel that Beyonce's work is not that amazing, it is some of the better stuff out there right now, unfortunately.

With Taylor though, the girl CAN NOT sing. At all. Some even have the nerve to call her a better 'studio artist.' All that means is that she can't sing. She should thank her lucky stars that auto tune exists for people like her. At one point I felt sorry for her because of what Kanye did, but now I see that he was right and I take it he was trying to warn us of her.

Now I feel bad that I ever doubted Kanye. =(

I would have said Beyonce, but when I heard Taylor Swift live @ the Grammies, I came to the conclusion that it was definitely her. While I feel that Beyonce's work is not that amazing, it is some of the better stuff out there right now, unfortunately.

With Taylor though, the girl CAN NOT sing. At all. Some even have the nerve to call her a better 'studio artist.' All that means is that she can't sing. She should thank her lucky stars that auto tune exists for people like her. At one point I felt sorry for her because of what Kanye did, but now I see that he was right and I take it he was trying to warn us of her.

Now I feel bad that I ever doubted Kanye. =(

I too think that Taylor Swift is overrated but she is definitely better than Miley Cyrus or Heidi Montag or whoever else that tries to sing. She writes her songs and even though they are mostly teeny boppy for my taste, I think that she can carry a tune. I don't think that she deserves winning all those Grammys though. What Kanye did was very distasteful. He basically ripped the rug underneath that poor girl that night. Did you see her face? Holy crap! Nobody deserves to have been treated that way....except for maybe Kanye himself :smilerolleyes: He could have just taken Beyonce aside and told her what he feels but disrespecting another artist the way he did just makes him look like a fool imo.

I voted Lady Gaga ONLY cause i dont consider Taylor Swift an artist....

Beyonce is overrated, but she does sing very well, she is a performer, she is not original (that we all know) but who is original these days, Lady Gaga??? i dont think so..., Beyonce has a much better voice than Gaga, anyway they are both overrated, today industry overrates just about anything, and i mean ANYTHING :bugeyed, BUT I DO THINK each one individually can beat madonna in one snap finger, sorry if there is a madonna fan here, and i do respect her years in this business, but she's common and commercial, of course thats what keeps her on the business though :)

I would have to go with Taylor Swift. I would have said Beyonce but after the grammy dibacle it's most deffinitly Taylor Swift. She is the MOST overrated female "singer" since Beyonce (even though she's still very much around). This girl CAN NOT sing, her lyrics are wiggity(3x's) WACK, and her guitar playing skills are not that impressive. Yes she's bettter then the Miley Cyruses and Selena Gomezes of the world, but thats NOT saying much. I still can't believe she won ALBUM of THE YEAR. That just solidified the grammy's irrelevance for me. I just hope that after 26 million people saw her ridiculously bad performance (and there is NO EXCUSE for that ish no matter what her fans try and say), she begins to decline... then (hopefully) go away altogether.

Taylor Swift
eek3.png

I'm going to say Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. Britney Spears isn't that great but you haven't heard too much hype over her like these three. Rihanna really has never been that hyped up at all, at least I don't think. I don't mind her, but I don't listen to her music.

Beyonce- I just don't find anything "unique" about her. She's not really original and I don't think her music is as great as it's made out to be. She has a voice but that's about it. She doesn't write her own music (and when she does she has a team of 5 writers to help her) and in my opinion that does not make her a true music artist. There is only one song that I like by her and that would be If I Were A Boy. I don't think it is a fantastic song but I think it is average catchy song that I wouldn't turn off if it came on. Her major Grammy win this year was unnessecary. Her music is not that extraordinary.

Taylor Swift - The girl cannot sing. Her voice is...horrible. There I said it. Her music doesn't appeal to me. I always know when it's her song because it sounds exactly the same as her other one. The music is the same and the songs are all about the same stuff. Boys she likes or her ex-boyfriends. How original. Love Story wasn't so bad when it first came out, but it got overplayed and her voice really got under my skin. Album of the year? Give me a break.

Lady Gaga - She has an interesting sense of style, yes. I actually like her as a person but her music does nothing for me. It actually gives me a headache. However, I think she has potential, she needs to work on her lyrics. Just Dance is the only song I can tolerate by her.

I actually think Lady Gaga is going to end up becoming her own worst enemy because of the sheer "over the topness" of everthing she does. She's gonna have a hard tme keeping that up in two years if she's planning on being around for a long time.

I'm going to say Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. Britney Spears isn't that great but you haven't heard too much hype over her like these three. Rihanna really has never been that hyped up at all, at least I don't think. I don't mind her, but I don't listen to her music.

Beyonce- I just don't find anything "unique" about her. She's not really original and I don't think her music is as great as it's made out to be. She has a voice but that's about it. She doesn't write her own music (and when she does she has a team of 5 writers to help her) and in my opinion that does not make her a true music artist. There is only one song that I like by her and that would be If I Were A Boy. I don't think it is a fantastic song but I think it is average catchy song that I wouldn't turn off if it came on. Her major Grammy win this year was unnessecary. Her music is not that extraordinary.

Taylor Swift - The girl cannot sing. Her voice is...horrible. There I said it. Her music doesn't appeal to me. I always know when it's her song because it sounds exactly the same as her other one. The music is the same and the songs are all about the same stuff. Boys she likes or her ex-boyfriends. How original. Love Story wasn't so bad when it first came out, but it got overplayed and her voice really got under my skin. Album of the year? Give me a break.

Lady Gaga - She has an interesting sense of style, yes. I actually like her as a person but her music does nothing for me. It actually gives me a headache. However, I think she has potential, she needs to work on her lyrics. Just Dance is the only song I can tolerate by her.

I agree, nuff said.

MJ has a lot more consistency in his writing. and..he was taken to court(unfortunately)and displayed his writing process, and proved, truthfully, that he wrote or cowrote all the songs with his name on the writing credits.

Oh no I'm not talking about that court BS.

The book was talking about some songs on the Invincible album. I can't remember everything it said about all of the songs on the album but I do remember this part because it shocked me.

It said 'You Are My Life' was written by these 2 songwriters for Michael (it named them, I can't remember now but I can find it if anyone cares). It said Michael liked the song a lot but it was originally called 'You Are My World', he thought 'Life' was better so changed that and a couple parts of the lyrics that said 'World'.

I only remember this because it shocked me, because that song sounds like it comes straight from Michael's heart about his children. IDK..

I actually think Lady Gaga is going to end up becoming her own worst enemy because of the sheer "over the topness" of everthing she does. She's gonna have a hard tme keeping that up in two years if she's planning on being around for a long time.

Yeh. To be honest the whole 'look at me I'm weird' thing is getting old.

I know...

It's hard to keep that persona up all the time.

I hope that she is surrounded by good people...

Taylor Swift.
If i want to listen to any country songs, I would prefer Carrie Underwood rather than her.
I honestly don't think there's anything special in her songs and her singing voice.

Oh no I'm not talking about that court BS.

The book was talking about some songs on the Invincible album. I can't remember everything it said about all of the songs on the album but I do remember this part because it shocked me.

It said 'You Are My Life' was written by these 2 songwriters for Michael (it named them, I can't remember now but I can find it if anyone cares). It said Michael liked the song a lot but it was originally called 'You Are My World', he thought 'Life' was better so changed that and a couple parts of the lyrics that said 'World'.

I only remember this because it shocked me, because that song sounds like it comes straight from Michael's heart about his children. IDK..

a lot of people are gunna make those claims against a great songwriting success story such as Mike. they have no proof. and it's suspect that these 'writers' aim only at MIchael, and not at Babyface, for example. to always seek the biggest success is suspect. it just seems they are jumping on an envy train, of people who would like to take Michael down, even though they got credit on the song, and were riding on the gravy train...(MJ can't keep going to court for all the claims against him, that started, interestingly enough AFTER he reached the zenith of his success) and like i said..MJ never denied if someone co wrote with him. the greater trend was for people to wrongly deny that MJ co wrote with THEM. anyway, most fans shot that in the ass, by simply declaring that they prefer the songs that MJ wrote by himself, and prefer that he would continue writing by himself.

in retrospect, consdering the writing genius of MJ, and his intense humility, i can appreciate those fans, because they may have been trying to save him from those 'writing' sharks. and besides..if all MJ was ever left with, was his own solo compositions, things would've been great, anyway. MJ's 'problem' was...he was TOO generous. and he didn't want to argue with the bogarts who desperately wanted to write with him, so they could abuse him in the end. better justice would be that if any of those 'writers' wanted to write with any other celebrity, they would have been flat out rejected, due to their true colors. i know that's a little off topic..but...when you consider in comparison, BEyonce's ME ME ME attitude....MJ's was shockingly refreshing. and, in the end, MJ' fans uplift him for his selflessness, and are turned off by Beyonce's ME ME ME-ness. so, the full circle does a good recovery job. and the wannabes in MJ's life, are left out in outer darkness.

MJ has the respect of his world record fanbase, and, as you just indicated...you don't even know the name of one of those wannabes.

Last edited:
Gaga will be having a Britney Spears like break down in the near future.

I shudder when I hear people say Beyonce is the new Michael Jackson. Never heard bigger crap in my LIFE

Back