Who you find overrated and corny?

Michael doesn't love them. He's just saying that cause he's working with them to stay current. Michael knows better then anyone that these "artists" are flash in the pan jokers who are just there to give him a modern surface. Besides, when have you EVER known Michael to insult or demean another "artist"? Like, never, lol. He's just being nice, as usual.

Preach it! :lol:

The only artist I don't think are overrated today is Corrinne Bailey Rae she's got an awesome voice and I think the music is innovative the rest can kiss MJ's fine ass!

Spice Girls
Chris Brown
Britney Spears
Akon
Robbie Williams
Eminem
Justin Timberlake

Elvis- cheesy and corny to see bikini clad girls prancing around him
aimlessly like useless props looking silly
It didn't help when he nicked off Lil' Richard and Chuck Berry's music either.

Justin TimberFAKE - no better than Elvis in the nicking department.
Rips off Michael Jackson in "Justified" and if that wasn't enough, he ripped off Janet's bra in Superbowl, ran off, made no apologies for it.
Tacky if you ask me.
And just when you thought he's pretty much had enuff of ripping, he copied yet another 80’s artist – Prince, in Future sex/love sounds.
Annoying and irritating me to no end with his nasally vocals and squeaking like a chicken in the slaughter house.
Can't dance to save his life.
There's nothing attractive about his looks,
Looking like a towel being squeezed out its water
Everything about him is jacking off someone.

U2's Bono. What's the big deal about him and his humanitarian effort?
Last time I checked, Michael Jackson is the single greatest artist to have contributed to charity and humanitarian causes. It's even listed in the Guinness book of records. And "He makes it a point to visit hospitals on his tour for every country he's performing " says Tom Mesereau.

Music wise, Bono's only so so.
Image wise, he needs to stop stealing Michael's signature aviators

Last edited:
Celine Dion gives me goosebumps.And that must be human instinct telling me she can sing, if not i dont know what can be a better indicator. Especially in that If you ask me to song.

U2' s unforgettable fire was an amazing album.

Madonna is like MJ...

(dont stone me yet)

but the female version
without the vocal ability
or dancing ability
or as much talent
what i mean to say is that shes big like him. ya know she is regarded as the queen of pop and i personally like her alot,
she had no formal voice training nor is she a celine, mariah or whitney but i like her alto voice. My favourite is Erotica, i love her free'ness, acually i think she is a pretty good singer.and its fun to sing along to song slike express yourself, take a bow and secret because of how her voice mildly fluctuates.

And i hate elvis.
Give me Johnny Cash and June Carter anytime over him.

OMG I agree with most of you guys...

Britney Spears (tabloid based fame. no talent.)
The Beatles (Paul McCartney is so irritating!!!)
Timbaland (WTF? Every song he has made recently is THE SAME!)
Justin Timberlake (OK he IS talented, but I hate how all the tributes suddenly go to him and not Mike)
Chris Brown (such an irritating voice... good dancer. but nothing THAT spectacular.there are better
Usher (WHO was he before Yeah? nothing special. plus he is so fugly i can't stand him.)
50 Cent and Eminem (they are not rappers, they only swear)
Soulja Boy (no comment on this one...this one is SINFULLY overrated)
Rihanna (she is OK , but she became a star when she became more slutty...something like Britney. but can sing better I guess.)
U2 (Bono is such a dull self-centered idiot, plus his voice is NOTHING SPECIAL - in the VH1 top 100 vocals list he was ABOVE MICHAEL! COME ON!!!)

and I can't believe no one has mentioned

KANYE WEST!

he is a ''great producer'' and ''great rapper'' and all of his songs contain samples. same as Timbaland. check out his greatest hits - Stronger, Good life, Jesus walks, Diamonds from Sierra Leone... all of them are sampled. Plus he didn't do anything EXTRAORDINARY on the new Billie Jean remix. i could have done it better.

Basically, 90% of music is overrated today. And real artists are underrated. But that's the mark of success nowadays I guess...

Michael is one of the rare artists who came and delivered. He is bigger than life. End of story.

Last edited:
Celine Dion gives me goosebumps.And that must be human instinct telling me she can sing, if not i dont know what can be a better indicator. Especially in that If you ask me to song.

U2' s unforgettable fire was an amazing album.

Madonna is like MJ...

(dont stone me yet)

but the female version
without the vocal ability
or dancing ability
or as much talent
what i mean to say is that shes big like him. ya know she is regarded as the queen of pop and i personally like her alot,
she had no formal voice training nor is she a celine, mariah or whitney but i like her alto voice. My favourite is Erotica, i love her free'ness, acually i think she is a pretty good singer.and its fun to sing along to song slike express yourself, take a bow and secret because of how her voice mildly fluctuates.

And i hate elvis.
Give me Johnny Cash and June Carter anytime over him.

Celine Dion is amazing. She's a freak, lol. And I mean that in a good way.

I hate U2 though. God.

Mick Jagger is one of the best performing artist's I've ever seen too.

Prince is great, but I would say slightly overrated.

Artist's today are so bad, you can't even call them overrated, you just have to say "Why are you even famous?"

Celine Dion is amazing. She's a freak, lol. And I mean that in a good way.

I hate U2 though. God.

Mick Jagger is one of the best performing artist's I've ever seen too.

Prince is great, but I would say slightly overrated.

Artist's today are so bad, you can't even call them overrated, you just have to say "Why are you even famous?"

And I just have to ask "Why are you so intolerant?" Let other people have their opinion. If you like Celine Dion that much, you can open a new thread. Whoever says that they don't like anyone in here has the right to do so. Stop bashing the thread with fighting over if Celine Dion is overrated.

So yeah back on topic.....didnt really feel like another one but im gonna just to change the shift of this thread - lol.

Jessica Simpson :yes:

who's overrated? justin timberlake, fergie, rihanna, but most of all, that RUDE, ARROGANT @SSHOLE called eminem..... seriously, if eminem dropped dead would anyone except his junkie fans notice? and they wouldn't even realize it, because they'd be stoned.

Last edited:
who's overrated? justin timberlake, fergie, rihanna, but most of all, that RUDE, ARROGANT @SSHOLE called eminem..... seriously, if eminem dropped dead would anyone except his junkie fans notice? and they wouldn't even realize it, because they'd be stoned.

Fergie Ferg is alright ( in comparison to the rest of present day mainstream artists )
I'll give her this, she adds some nice vocals to Black Eyed Peas songs ( who are fantastic in my opinion) but what i find wierd is she used to be a pop trio called wild orchid back in the early 90s singing love ballads with 2 other white chicks, and its fine by me if someone wants to broaden their musical perspective, i just find it a lil weird that shes tryin to rap and shes jumped on the "diamonds and thangs blang blang" band wagon thang.see im saying it too now.I just think its alil funny thats all.and her songs have good beats but we can all thank her producer for that.

and eminem fell off a while ago LOL!

The other day my co worker was telling me about how talented JT was and i thought he was talented i turned around with the most messed up expression and replied,"are you serious?"

hahahahahahaha lol
eminem is nothing but a LOSER. tryin' to diss The King of Pop - how LAME can you be?
God, he is so LAME!

OMG I agree with most of you guys...

Britney Spears (tabloid based fame. no talent.)
The Beatles (Paul McCartney is so irritating!!!)
Timbaland (WTF? Every song he has made recently is THE SAME!)
Justin Timberlake (OK he IS talented, but I hate how all the tributes suddenly go to him and not Mike)
Chris Brown (such an irritating voice... good dancer. but nothing THAT spectacular.there are better
Usher (WHO was he before Yeah? nothing special. plus he is so fugly i can't stand him.)
50 Cent and Eminem (they are not rappers, they only swear)
Soulja Boy (no comment on this one...this one is SINFULLY overrated)
Rihanna (she is OK , but she became a star when she became more slutty...something like Britney. but can sing better I guess.)
U2 (Bono is such a dull self-centered idiot, plus his voice is NOTHING SPECIAL - in the VH1 top 100 vocals list he was ABOVE MICHAEL! COME ON!!!)

and I can't believe no one has mentioned

KANYE WEST!

he is a ''great producer'' and ''great rapper'' and all of his songs contain samples. same as Timbaland. check out his greatest hits - Stronger, Good life, Jesus walks, Diamonds from Sierra Leone... all of them are sampled. Plus he didn't do anything EXTRAORDINARY on the new Billie Jean remix. i could have done it better.

Basically, 90% of music is overrated today. And real artists are underrated. But that's the mark of success nowadays I guess...

Michael is one of the rare artists who came and delivered. He is bigger than life. End of story.

I can't believe you're naming a band like U2 in the same list with all these other wannabe-stars. You are so wrong about Bono here, really very wrong. It saddens me to see that MJ-fans can be so offensive and intolerant towards other artists. If you don't like anyone because of their music, image, whatever, it's totally okay, but insulting and name-calling is NOT.

I can't believe you're naming a band like U2 in the same list with all these other wannabe-stars. You are so wrong about Bono here, really very wrong. It saddens me to see that MJ-fans can be so offensive and intolerant towards other artists. If you don't like anyone because of their music, image, whatever, it's totally okay, but insulting and name-calling is NOT.

yeah ok sorry if i exaggerated for calling him an idiot, but i really can't stand the guy. he is so full of himself. he is not among the wannabes, but he is really less than he thinks of himself.

Slipknot (just trying to listen to their 'music' gives me a headache :lol: )
Julia Roberts (she plays the same role in every movie)
Robbie Williams (talentless, absolutely talentless. The only reason he became famous was because of Guy Chambers.)
Chris Brown (in what delusional world do people think this guy can sing? lmao)

I also disagree about Robbie Williams, though I'm not his biggest fan. Personally, I don't like him much. Why, I cannot say, I believe it's mainly because he never seems to be getting out of this "role" his playing. But musically, he's someone I really like, though I was disappointed with his last album. He's a great vocalist, great entertainer, really smart guy, and he has that sense of irony, most of all about himself, that many people just don't get. I thought Take That was/is overrated, but not Robbie as a solo artist. More the opposite ... I think it's strange he never broke in the US.

I also disagree about Robbie Williams, though I'm not his biggest fan. Personally, I don't like him much. Why, I cannot say, I believe it's mainly because he never seems to be getting out of this "role" his playing. But musically, he's someone I really like, though I was disappointed with his last album. He's a great vocalist, great entertainer, really smart guy, and he has that sense of irony, most of all about himself, that many people just don't get. I thought Take That was/is overrated, but not Robbie as a solo artist. More the opposite ... I think it's strange he never broke in the US.

... it's just opinions ...

come on guys relax

Back