Would You Bid On Michael Jackson's Toilet?

Would You Bid On Michael Jackson's Toilet?

• Total voters

Agent M

Proud Member
Yes or no, would you bid on Michael Jackson's toilet if it went up for auction and you had sufficient discretionary income to comfortably pay for it? I ask this question in lieu of John Lennon's toilet recently selling for ten times the pre-auction estimate.

Lennon's toilet sells for $14,740 at UK auction

LONDON | Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51pm EDT

(Reuters Life!) - A toilet that belonged to late Beatle John Lennon fetched 9,500 pounds ($14,740) at auction on Saturday, around 10 times its estimate, the sale organizers said.

Lennon, who was murdered in New York in 1980, had the porcelain lavatory removed from Tittenhurst Park in Berkshire, southern England, where he lived from 1969 to 1971, and replaced with a new one.

The builders who took away the white and blue lavatory were told to "put some flowers in it or something," according to the auction catalog.

Builder John Hancock stored it in his shed for 40 years until he died recently and the lavatory was sent for sale, British media reports said.

The toilet was among Beatles memorabilia sold at auction as part of the Beatle week festival in Liverpool, the group's native city in northwest England. The pre-auction estimate was 750 to 1,000 pounds.

Anne-Marie Trace, who works at the Beatles Shop in Liverpool which organized the sale, said the high price paid had taken the organizers by surprise.

"I think it's the most unusual item we've ever had in our auction," she told Reuters.

The buyer was not identified but Trace said it was likely it was "going overseas."

(Reporting by Adrian Croft; Editing by Jon Hemming)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67R1IE20100828

I think I'd just stick with the glove. :D

That's a funny item to be auctioned :scratch:
No, I don't think I would bid for it. His tooth brush or his bath sponge...maybe :blush:

No, I wouldn't... lol! I can't understand why anyone would want someone else's toilet! Very strange thing to auction!

weirdo's...that what they are. As much as i love Michael.....NO I wouldn't want his toilet..:lmao:

:hysterical: If I say yes, is that bad? :ninja:

I'm totally kidding :lol:

let's put it this way. someone would. i'm sure when the question was asked of lennon, before someone bought it, his fans said no. i'm not that someone, but there is someone out there. people have done worse. there are people who think one thing is nasty, and another is great, to which another thinks is nasty. it's that kind of world.

and i know the press asked this question, in another attempt to embarrass Michael Jackson.

Buy Michael's toilet or that of any famous person crosses the line from fan to sick voyeur.

Buying Michael's clothes is something or handwritten lyrics, drawings etc, is some I'd be very interested in buying. But there are things I think a too person and should remain in the Jackson family. ie I would never consider buying furniture that was in Neverland or anywhere Michael lived. Most of all I would never consider buying a lock of Michael's hair etc. Sure it would be nice to have a bit of the actual Michael Jackson in my/your home, but think about it would most people like a total stranger (regardless of if there a well meaning fan) owning a piece of them. I know I would, so somethings like that are big a NO for me.

I remember hearing a few years back a wart Elvis hard removed (from his back or somewhere) sold in an auction (Locks of Elvis's hair have even been sold in auctions). I thought that was disgusting, and just overstepping the mark of fan memorabilia. Things that are from the bodies of deceased famous people, should be destroyed, given back to their families.

it depends how much time did he spend on it :D lol
No, seriously, I wouldn't.
I'm actually laughing, but it's kinda sad. How far can this go in selling items he ever touched? Sure it'd be nice to have some memorabilia, but toilet? For what? To worship it? :D

Buy Michael's toilet or that of any famous person crosses the line from fan to sick voyeur.

Buying Michael's clothes is something or handwritten lyrics, drawings etc, is some I'd be very interested in buying. But there are things I think a too person and should remain in the Jackson family. ie I would never consider buying furniture that was in Neverland or anywhere Michael lived. Most of all I would never consider buying a lock of Michael's hair etc. Sure it would be nice to have a bit of the actual Michael Jackson in my/your home, but think about it would most people like a total stranger (regardless of if there a well meaning fan) owning a piece of them. I know I would, so somethings like that are big a NO for me.

I remember hearing a few years back a wart Elvis hard removed (from his back or somewhere) sold in an auction (Locks of Elvis's hair have even been sold in auctions). I thought that was disgusting, and just overstepping the mark of fan memorabilia. Things that are from the bodies of deceased famous people, should be destroyed, given back to their families.

See, people always say, anyone buying this is a bit off kilter. Now, what about the auction house putting that stuff up for sale? How do you create demand for a toilet?? Is that any less crazy than buying it?

Yes if it came with the rest of Neverland / the Carolwood property / Las Vegas house or wherever...if I could afford it, but no, not on its own .....not even if it was signed. I've seen people put things like this in the garden and grow flowers in ( just the ordinary run of the mill sort) and they look AWFUL.

No unless I thought i could turn it around for more than i paid for it. Wouldn't do that with other mj stuff, just something like this.

Well, if someone bought it, I wouldn't be mad at them. Some people are just like that and I respect it.

No, I wouldn't bid on anyones toilet, not even Michaels and especially not for sum of money larger than all my worldly goods combined are worth

No, I wouldn't. but I knew one of Michael's underwear had been auctioned last year, not sure how much it sold.

I think I'd just stick with the glove. :D

So would I. Maybe his fedora or his jackets but... not his toilet. :no:

ooYa9-807a8b1d2bd2a23ff0f93d8784f25.gif

Back