Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Dangerous tour

Votes: 85 52.8%
  • HIStory tour

Votes: 28 17.4%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
I'm having trouble choosing between Dangerous tour and HIStory tour. So i'll vote later

lol no one liked the HIStory tour one then :p

Dangerous tour in Bucharest he did the best moonwalk there IMO

After thinking about this i think that Dangerous tour had the best Billie Jean performance. It had the best Moonwalk, the best dancing, the best ad libs and on top of that it was sung live.

Victory and Bad tour ones were good but IMO the outro dance was just way to short and HIStory tour was also very good but i thought the outro dance on that one dragged out a tad to much and it was also lip synced so that took away a little bit of the magic

So IMO Dangerous tour wins

MAN that's a hard choice..... I'd say Victory because it was the original, and all the other tours were just modifications of it.... plus he had so much attitude.

Victory !!!

the way he moved with that song at that time...his execution..look..stare..outfit ..everything.

as a Bad fan i still have to pick Victory

Too hard to say- he got better with each tour, but I have a "thing" for the Dangerous Tour BJ's. :lol:

Dangerous! I love the Bucharest performance. Maybe if we get a pro-shot version of Billie Jean from the second leg of the Bad Tour I'll change my vote to the Bad Tour instead, but until then I'm going with Dangerous. I just love that performance, the dancing is soooo great!

well, I'm a sucker for the Victory tour!!!!!

(as stated above: did u see that moonwalk?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Nobody had voted HIStory, so I did :p I luv Billie Jean from Dangerous Tour as well :yes:

I`ll leave Victory out of the comparison, simply because we still don`t have any full pro performance.

Well, let`s go on to the others. Just a personal analysis by me:

Vocal: BAD era
Energy: Dangerous
Dance: HIStory

During the BAD tour he was still looking for the best way to perform Billie Jean after the Victory performances (which he didn`t like, because the stage wasn`t according to his wishes). Anyway; the vocals were perfect; just listen to yokohama..his voice only fails during the 'stood right by me'-turn at the middle of the song, wich is natural.

He obviously peaked at the Dangerous era.. A LOT of power in the dancing and a ,somewhat, raw voice..

Then compromising during the HIStory tour for his voice by improving the dance at the end routine.. MJ is known to compromise during his performances; when something goes wrong, he puts more power in what comes next/after..

plus;
The 'MJ & friends performances', where he combines more of his Victory moves (old style circle slide, it isn`t the BAD era one like Yokohama..) but prerecorded voice..

I won`t count the 30th performances, since he was on the painkillers/backpains during that era.. but even in the amature footage you can see he is trying to more more during the end routine, because the overal performance wasn`t that great..

I`m still hoping for (at least) pro audio from the Victory Tour, since i like the more 'electric' instrumental sounds and bassline during that era.

Last edited:
I would say that the Dangerous Tour Billie Jean performances are the best. However I think the best ever moonwalk MJ did was at the second Madison Square Garden concert.

Voted Victory! i like them all but Victory because of the Dancing at the end with the circle moonwalk and also the normal Moonwalk was just sooooo smooooth, the way Michael moved!! and i love the Bad Tour as well, his voice sounded great !

I think they all were great. there's never been any Mj footage I thought was a bad billie jean performance. (the dance part at the beginning+end)
I do think it's better when he sings BJ live.

This question is very difficult to answer. LOL! But I love all the performances. But I like the performances of the Victory and History Tour. That does not mean I do not like the Bad and Dangerous Tour. Michael is amazing in all tours.​

mmm billie jean is always a highlight of any MJ performance ... there was something special about the bad tour though. Maybe because i saw that one performed the most :lol:

each version of Billie Jean has it's own flare. from motown 25 to Victory right on through to the 30th anniversary at MSG in 2001

well i think each tour has a great performance!

like :

Victory: Dallas 84'

dangerous: Bucharest 92' & Tokyo 92'

History: History Brunei 96' & Royal Brunei

Voted For (Dangerous)

Dangerous tour! Oh my.. the drums... the spotlight... the bass... the hat... the glove... the sparkly jacket... the crotch... the routine... the song performed live... the moonwalk... the swagger walk :wub:... the ending... "billie jean is not my loverrrr" -throws hat-

i've watched that Bucharest Billie Jean performance too much :) love it! :wub:

Back