American Idol - Season 9

I can't wait to see Ellen on the show tonight!! :) I'm glad the auditions are over, and the competition is on it's way!

There were only 2 people that got my attention, first one is Andrew Garcia, boy can he sing! I am in love with his voice. Very smooth and kind of raspy in a way. He kinds of remind me of Adam Levine but way better imo. I love his rendition of Paula Abdul's "Straight Up." The arrangement and the way he sang it was amazing!! I was really impressed. He's very unique and he stands out amongst the others. I really hope that he'll be one of the finalists. The other one is the waitress gal, forgot her name but she was very good as well.

Yeah me too, I'm glad the auditions are over and the real performing begins (and the wackadoos are out, lol).

There are a few people I like but it's still a little early in the competition for me. I don't even know their names yet (takes me a while). I usually begin to form favorites when they are tested with singing different song styles (I love that portion of the competition).

Oh, I am going to miss snarky Simon so much if this show returns for another season. Who could possibly take his place?

I agree with you, suzy, that it's too early to pick a favorite yet. Although, I have had my eye on John Park. But they did not show him perform last night, but I seen that he made it through. Maybe they'll show him tonight during the group performances.

I also agree with you about missing Simon. It will not be the same without him. I think I'll give up American Idol next year, and focus on his American version of The X Factor. :) At least he's not going away completely. :D

Um if American Idol hires Howard Stern, this is the LAST SEASON I'll ever watch.

Howard Stern is on my hate list. I swear, I'll never watch Idol again.

Don't know if this was mentioned. If there is another MJ night on idol (why not, there were three straight seasons of BEATLES music.) How about KENNY ORTEGA and TRAVIS PAYNE to prep the contestants.??

I think Howard is the perfect choice to replace Simon and I think he's the only chance Idol has of surviving after Simon leaves. When Simon leaves the ratings on that show are going to tank unless they can get someone who can bring the ratings back up, and Howard Stern can do that. Howard knows ratings, he knows how to get ratings, he knows what people want and that also makes him a good judge. I can't stand this Kara DioGuardi, whoever the hell she is, saying Howard shouldn't be a judge because he has no music credentials, yet sees fine with Ellen. Howard pisses all over Ellen. He's got far more credentials than she has. He's been on radio for over 20 years and he's developed a keen sense of what the public wants both in entertainment and music. He's helped launched the careers of many artists through his radio program. He's even produced hit albums and written songs. What the hell has Ellen done? She should stick to adopting dogs and then giving them away when she gets sick of them. Howard would be great for that show and if the other judges like Ellen say they'll leave if he's on there, then let them. People are already not liking her performance on Idol anyway judging by some polls I've seen.

I think Howard is the perfect choice to replace Simon and I think he's the only chance Idol has of surviving after Simon leaves. When Simon leaves the ratings on that show are going to tank unless they can get someone who can bring the ratings back up, and Howard Stern can do that. Howard knows ratings, he knows how to get ratings, he knows what people want and that also makes him a good judge. I can't stand this Kara DioGuardi, whoever the hell she is, saying Howard shouldn't be a judge because he has no music credentials, yet sees fine with Ellen. Howard pisses all over Ellen. He's got far more credentials than she has. He's been on radio for over 20 years and he's developed a keen sense of what the public wants both in entertainment and music. He's helped launched the careers of many artists through his radio program. He's even produced hit albums and written songs. What the hell has Ellen done? She should stick to adopting dogs and then giving them away when she gets sick of them. Howard would be great for that show and if the other judges like Ellen say they'll leave if he's on there, then let them. People are already not liking her performance on Idol anyway judging by some polls I've seen.

And you are just about ready to enter that pig into sainthood.
That hideous man is not fit for prime time or any time.!!! How come you love that clown so much, knowing he goes out of his way to crucify MJ.???

I do not listen to him. But cannot make him disappear either. whenever he says something controversial he is all over the freaking news here in NY.

How come you love that clown so much, knowing he goes out of his way to crucify MJ.???
Part of what I love about Howard is that he says whatever he wants, he says what is truly on his mind, he doesn't hold back and he doesn't care what people think. Howard has been hideous towards MJ over the years. He's told that story a million times about when he met with Michael back around the time of HIStory to discuss Howard promoting him through the show and referring to him as the "King of Pop" every time he was mentioned on the show. A story I'm not even sure is 100% truthful. But if I'm going to sit back and enjoy him ripping apart other celebrities like that, then I can't whinge when he rips apart someone I like.

Part of what I love about Howard is that he says whatever he wants, he says what is truly on his mind, he doesn't hold back and he doesn't care what people think. Howard has been hideous towards MJ over the years. He's told that story a million times about when he met with Michael back around the time of HIStory to discuss Howard promoting him through the show and referring to him as the "King of Pop" every time he was mentioned on the show. A story I'm not even sure is 100% truthful. But if I'm going to sit back and enjoy him ripping apart other celebrities like that, then I can't whinge when he rips apart someone I like.

We will agree to disagree then.!!! It takes a certain sensibility to listen to HOWARD i guess.
Do you really enjoy him ripping apart anyone.? What about the vulgarity, the cruelty.???
To be frank, i find it some what baffling that you are a fan of both MJ and HOWARD STERN.
The two do not go together you know.

We will agree to disagree then.!!! It takes a certain sensibility to listen to HOWARD i guess.
Do you really enjoy him ripping apart anyone.? What about the vulgarity, the cruelty.???
To be frank, i find it some what baffling that you are a fan of both MJ and HOWARD STERN.
The two do not go together you know.
I'm a fan on entertainment and both Michael and Howard entertain me in different ways.

Are you kidding? The vulgarity and the cruelty is what I love about Howard. He doesn't hold back. I love that. And I think that kind of relentlessness is what American Idol needs. Howard will be dead honest with people. If someone comes in who can sing but doesn't have the look he'll tell them to go away, lose some weight, get a nose job and come back next year.

Last edited:
I hope that LaToya gets to be at least a guest judge if not the replacement.

&p.s. not to be rude because I dont mean to be - but ppl really outta stop taking things so personally when you listen to him and ppl like Howard. If you dont like him, then do not listen, & move on.

Last edited:
I'm a fan on entertainment and both Michael and Howard entertain me in different ways.

Are you kidding? The vulgarity and the cruelty is what I love about Howard. He doesn't hold back. I love that. And I think that kind of relentlessness is what American Idol needs. Howard will be dead honest with people. If someone comes in who can sing but doesn't have the look he'll tell them to go away, lose some weight, get a nose job and come back next year.

By far the most intriguing poster i have encountered on this board. Started out practically screaming at you. Now i grudgingly admit that i admire your brutal honesty. You are proudly unapologetic, won't backdown, not a hypocrite at all.

Will never go over to the dark side. Still think HOWARD is a pig. He will never be a judge on idol. Every poll is decidedly not in his favor, and easily influenced MADISON AVENUE is watching.

WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE UP TO BE HOWARD STERN'S SIDE KICK.?????????

Last edited:
I was wondering if we'd see anyone taking on an MJ song.
There were. Two, actually.
Thaddeus and Sellers bother gave it a go and did very well I might add. :)

Song of choice, Man in the Mirror.

I was wondering if we'd see anyone taking on an MJ song.
There were. Two, actually.
Thaddeus and Sellers bother gave it a go and did very well I might add. :)

Song of choice, Man in the Mirror.

I saw!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

My favs so far are Todrick and Casey

Man in the Mirror seemed to be the song of the night. Nice!

And last week one of the female singers was shown doing a bit of "stop the love you save" while wearing one glove.

YAY!! To "Man in the Mirror" being sung.....and more than once! :D :clap:

OMG!!! Are they ever going to show John Park singing again? I'm going crazy here!! :lol: The guy keeps getting through, but he's only been shown once, and that was his audition! I liked John in his audition, but it's hard to judge just from that.

Aww, thanks!! Gotta love Apolo!! :wub:

Can't wait to see him and J.R. Celski race Wednesday night! I'm even going to skip out on American Idol to watch! :D

^^

awww I love your Apolo siggy! so cute! :)

OMG same here!!

Sorry but I just needed to get that out.

Go Man In The Mirror!!
I havent been watching this season, plz tell me that version was better than Kris Allen's:bugeyed

Go Man In The Mirror!!
I havent been watching this season, plz tell me that version was better than Kris Allen's:bugeyed

They were alright. The only one that I really liked who sang MITM last night was Thaddeus Johnson. I thought he did really good. Jermaine Sellers, to me, didn't do that well with it though. Thaddeus, I thought, was good though. He seemed to put his heart in it a bit.

I was so excited that they were singing Man In The Mirror. Kara (ugh) was dancing and singing along in her chair. lol. It's nice that they are singing a Michael song. :)

I really like that 16 year old kid's voice. Who would've thought he had that in him.

However, we all know he's gonna be another David Archuleta, LOL.

Go Man In The Mirror!!

Aww! I loved Kris Allen's version. He made it his own and didn't mimic anyone (and didn't yell and screech or do vocal gymnastics). Yes, it was a little "white bread" sounding but I love white bread, lol

On the subject of Howard Stern replacing Simon. I can't see that happening. The big difference between Simon and Howard is that Simon is likable. Grumpy, snarky, funny and likable. The person you love to hate. Howard is not likable at all in that way. And his own show is disgusting. He's kind of okay when he guests on Letterman (because it's network TV and he has to behave and he and Dave have good chemistry) but how low he treats women on his show (and how women allow them to treat him) is always in the back of my mind.

No Howard!

He's kind of okay when he guests on Letterman (because it's network TV and he has to behave and he and Dave have good chemistry)

American Idol in on network television. Stern knows how to behave. He does it when he goes on Letterman, he did it when he was on terrestrial radio. But what's great about him is that he knows how to be risque without breaching network regulations. If he can't curse, if he can't use crude humour, he'll find subtle ways of doing it. Like the classic "match game" scene from Private Parts.

I really adore Ben Honeycutt. He was on this season but got eliminated. Here is his version of Man in the Mirror

[youtube]dL6Cs0MbSIY[/youtube]

American Idol in on network television. Stern knows how to behave. He does it when he goes on Letterman, he did it when he was on terrestrial radio. But what's great about him is that he knows how to be risque without breaching network regulations. If he can't curse, if he can't use crude humour, he'll find subtle ways of doing it. Like the classic "match game" scene from Private Parts.

Howard has a lot of baggage. Like I said in my previous post, how he treats women on his other show and how they allow him to treat them is always in the back of my mind. I don't want someone capable of THAT on this show.

Back