Any Eminem Listeners here

How's this: I can't stand Eminem. Couldn't stand him before he made fun of MJ and could not stand him even more afterwards. He is crass, tasteless, ignorant, and self serving. Although of late he tends to be more serious about what he is doing.

I find it interesting in his songs he says not to judge him and walk a mile in his shoes to see what he has experienced in life. See the heartache he has experienced. I think, whatever. Should you not extend that same courtesy? but hey as long as he continues to grow, more power to him. He just won't have my support. But he doesn't need me. So, eh.

I do understand how a person can be a fan of him and MJ's. If you like a song, you like a song. No one should feel compelled to stop liking an artist becuas ethey disliked MJ or made fun of him, anymore than someone should feel compelled to like an artist just because they love MJ.

With the word "fan" I don't mean u only like the music of the person but also like the person itself.

With the word "fan" I don't mean u only like the music of the person but also like the person itself.

Which still applies to me as a fan of Michael, and has applied to me for the better part of 21 years, so once again you have NO room whatsoever to analyze and critique my fandom. If you still don't "get" how I can be a fan of Eminem after my simple explanation of "I like his music," then you're the one with the problem. And yes, I'm also a fan of Em as a person (though I wouldn't give a fuck about him if the music wasn't good) even though I don't know him, because I usually find him funny, and the way he comes off reminds me a lot of my own personality. He's entertaining, I can relate to a lot his issues, and therefore I'm a fan.

Is that good enough for you, O' wise and loyal Michael Jackson fanatic of one year?

Had you been an MJ fan most of your life, you would understand how absolutely ludicrous your position is sounding to me right now. I'm supposed to take your thoughts on whether or not I am being a "good" Michael Jackson fan seriously when you've been one for about 4 minutes inspired by the mania of his passing? Umm, no.

Hey, remember how cool it was watching Moonwalker for the first time when you were 3 years old?

Oh, wait.

Remember arguing with people for YEARS for dissing him?

Oh, wait.

I find it interesting in his songs he says not to judge him and walk a mile in his shoes to see what he has experienced in life. See the heartache he has experienced. I think, whatever. Should you not extend that same courtesy?

I'm pretty sure he differentiates between serious criticizing/judgment and a joke, no matter how crude and tasteless the joke is. You can take exception to his sense of humor, sure, but realize that not everyone who makes an MJ joke is actually "judging" him. Some people just find humor in saying immature and crass things. All of his serious comments about Michael in interviews suggest that he never actually had anything against MJ.

Last edited:
^ I just saw another post by the Eline poster in which she said she became a Michael fan after his death. Which is perfectly fine, but now I'm actually annoyed at her post in this thread whereas before I just found it amusing.

You're going to tell me, who has been a Michael Jackson fan since I was TWO YEARS OLD (and am now 21), idolized him for most of my childhood, defended him tirelessly when it WASN'T cool to do it, and immediately felt part of my childhood die when I learned of his death that you don't see how I can call myself an MJ fan because I'm also a fan of an artist who did some stupid ass parody music video that he does about everybody anyway?

Yeah, no. You're like the equivalent of a new-born Christian who's all gung ho about it and lectures people who have been religious their entire life because it's easy to be super over-zealous about something when you've been doing it for 2 seconds.

To answer your question, though it doesn't deserve one, I can be an Eminem fan becauuse I'm a fan of music and I like his music :).

ugh THANK YOU. What some don't seem to realise is that Michael Jackson is not the be all and end all of music. If you're a fan of MJ, you can't possibly be a fan of anyone else, right? And god forbid if he's not your all-time #1 artist, or there are several of his songs you dislike. I happen to think Moonwalker is a terrible movie and the only good thing to come out of it was the Smooth Criminal video. I'd probably get shot down if I said that in the general MJ discussion section though or be accused of trolling. :smilerolleyes: The fanaticism on this forum reaches ridiculous levels sometimes. Some constantly go on and on about how blinded the general public are by the media, but they seem just as blinded to everything else by their love of Michael. So much so that they seem to think it's perfectly rational to completely disregard everything a person stands for (namely certain politicians and other musicians) and the good they've done for the world (a hell of a lot more than anyone hiding behind their computer talking crap on MJJC) just because they're not on Michael's junk 24/7.

I like MJ as an artist, and person. I respect him, BUT I also respect other people's opinions, and fair enough if you don't like Eminem's MUSIC, but to disregard everything he's done simply because of a music video 6 YEARS AGO is just plain embarrassing. So once upon a time he wasn't Michael's #1 fan? Who cares, why are you still attacking his character? Rise above it already. I DO enjoy Eminem's music because I am a bigger person than just my MJ fandom, and the topic of 'Michael Jackson' will never dictate how I feel about or treat somebody. It's totally absurd to let someone you don't know rule your life and your decisions like that. Time to let it go, folks.

For the record, I like Eminem both as an artist and a person. Not many people would bring up 3 kids that aren't even their own because their own parents can't look after them properly, and their own daughter. He overcame a horrible drug addiction and came out a better person for it, and has the courage to talk about it when he's in the hip-hop profession and admitting you have a problem is seen as a massive weakness if you're a rapper. He came from a crappy town, with no money and no connections and rose to the top of his field just with his own talent and determination, and I admire that. No matter how much people try to put him down, he keeps on doing his own thing.

112fp6f.gif

Back on topic, I'm loving Recovery. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and have been listening lots. Glad to see so many of the tracks are charting on the U.S. Billboard 100 too. A really strong start to IMO Em's best album since The Eminem Show. Can't wait to see what songs are singles, I hear No Love has been pushed back to make Love The Way You Lie second single, but I'd also like to see Space Bound and Almost Famous get released. :) Honestly, this album is so cohesive there could easily be 10 high-charting singles. :bugeyed Eminem doesn't seem to like touring much, but I hope he does some shows in the UK soon. :)

Adore, message recieved. I like constructive criticism. I am not a fan of eminem. Agree 100% about MOONWALKER. It was suppose to be a theatrical release. Thank god cooler heads prevailed.

What Eminem did was low and uncalled for but he has also said some really nice things about Michael. You don't have to be a fan of the person but can be a fan of their music. I really like a lot of Eminem's songs, some of them I can't stand, but I like them. I despise what he did to Michael but people can still like their music.

Which still applies to me as a fan of Michael, and has applied to me for the better part of 21 years, so once again you have NO room whatsoever to analyze and critique my fandom. If you still don't "get" how I can be a fan of Eminem after my simple explanation of "I like his music," then you're the one with the problem. And yes, I'm also a fan of Em as a person (though I wouldn't give a fuck about him if the music wasn't good) even though I don't know him, because I usually find him funny, and the way he comes off reminds me a lot of my own personality. He's entertaining, I can relate to a lot his issues, and therefore I'm a fan.

Is that good enough for you, O' wise and loyal Michael Jackson fanatic of one year?

Had you been an MJ fan most of your life, you would understand how absolutely ludicrous your position is sounding to me right now. I'm supposed to take your thoughts on whether or not I am being a "good" Michael Jackson fan seriously when you've been one for about 4 minutes inspired by the mania of his passing? Umm, no.

Hey, remember how cool it was watching Moonwalker for the first time when you were 3 years old?

Oh, wait.

Remember arguing with people for YEARS for dissing him?

Oh, wait.

I'm pretty sure he differentiates between serious criticizing/judgment and a joke, no matter how crude and tasteless the joke is. You can take exception to his sense of humor, sure, but realize that not everyone who makes an MJ joke is actually "judging" him. Some people just find humor in saying immature and crass things. All of his serious comments about Michael in interviews suggest that he never actually had anything against MJ.

How can I be a Michael Jackson fan at the age of 3 when nobody in my family or in my environment likes him or his music? I didn't know him at all! I get the point now about you and Eminem, and maybe I posted that without thinking to much about it. But you have to get one thing; I love him as much as you do, no matter how long I am a fan of him. It's not because he's a hype right now or something. And I'm also angry at myself for not being a fan earlier. But he's in my heart now, and I cry over his loss and because of the things people did to him. In the coming years there will be more and more new MJ fans, you have to deal with that. It's cheap to say these things.

^ I didn't say there was anything wrong with you being a new fan. I'm saying you can't really sit there and say you don't see how I can be an MJ fan over being a fan of another artist who parodied him. It's annoying and you'd probably feel the same way having your fandom questioned by someone who just started getting into something you've been into your whole life.

^ I didn't say there was anything wrong with you being a new fan. I'm saying you can't really sit there and say you don't see how I can be an MJ fan over being a fan of another artist who parodied him. It's annoying and you'd probably feel the same way having your fandom questioned by someone who just started getting into something you've been into your whole life.

As I said, I didn't really think about it. It's done now ok? ;)

Distant Relatives >>>> How I Got Over >>>>>>>> Revolutions Per Minute
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Recovery

Average album. Don't know if his flow is quite there anymore.
Either way, other artists shit on him this year.

Last edited:
Recovery is way better than Relapse.

I kind of admire Eminem for what he's been through, and how he got himself together.
It is not easy to do that. He can be a little of example on that matter, to me.
And I do like some songs of his.

What has happened, is in the past. So are his actions about MJ.

i'm sure MJ would have forgiven him, so why not us?

I used to LOOOVVVE Em back in the day he used to be one on the very few Hip- Hop artist I listened to. Somewhere around Last The Eminem Show - Relapse I began to lose interest though. I haven't listened to Recovery yet but Ive been hearing mixed reviews about it.

I just recently heard Love the way you lie, it's good (though I really don't like Rihanna) but I still think Not Afraid is better :)

How's this: I can't stand Eminem. Couldn't stand him before he made fun of MJ and could not stand him even more afterwards. He is crass, tasteless, ignorant, and self serving. Although of late he tends to be more serious about what he is doing.

I find it interesting in his songs he says not to judge him and walk a mile in his shoes to see what he has experienced in life. See the heartache he has experienced. I think, whatever. Should you not extend that same courtesy? but hey as long as he continues to grow, more power to him. He just won't have my support. But he doesn't need me. So, eh.

I do understand how a person can be a fan of him and MJ's. If you like a song, you like a song. No one should feel compelled to stop liking an artist becuas ethey disliked MJ or made fun of him, anymore than someone should feel compelled to like an artist just because they love MJ.
You're so right !!

I was a big fan of M&M haha, but since he made a fool out of Michael witch he does with all artist... i start disliking him, now that it seems that he really liked Michael, thats when i gave it a rest.

I think he did that all because of the publicity and media attention, but his music is okay now.

I love his song.. Rock bottom

Never been into rap, per se. But like with other musical venues, I think Em holds a certain stature in his milieu.

He has an angst, a very troubled emotional history. When I listen to his music, while I don't enjoy it, I hear someone being able to communicate on a level I've never been on, but can recognize that other's can relate to.

Em is one of those people I can't knock, irregardless of his inappropriate reference to Michael. He comes across to me as a person with many issues in life, many of which are not of his making. I do not condone his reference to Michael in the one instance, but, I do believe he has a talent in his area that exceeds many others. jmo

Last edited:
Never been into rap, per se. But like with other musical venues, I think Em holds a certain stature in his milieu.

He has an angst, a very troubled emotional history. When I listen to his music, while I don't enjoy it, I hear someone being able to communicate on a level I've never been on, but can recognize that other's can relate to.

Em is one of those people I can't knock, irregardless of his inappropriate reference to Michael. He comes across to me as a person with many issues in life, many of which are not of his making. I do not condone his reference to Michael in the one instance, but, I do believe he has a talent in his area that exceeds many others. jmo

Very well put! :)

Perfectly worded! I agree.

i don't like Em because hes a racist

yeah yeah people wanna say he has black friends

massa slaves were black also and massa used them to his advantage the same way Em uses black people

he wrote lyrics talking about raping his own mother and killing the mother of his daughter...yet he has gotten a pass for it...and its my opinion and its not debatable he only gets a pass because he is white. Em is the lowest form of scum

but let any black artist do anything they are put on blast till the day they die

IMO Em is a sick bipolar racist psycho

this is strickly my opinion no one else has to agree with it

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uelHwf8o7_U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uelHwf8o7_U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think the new video is fantastic. It is truth. Rihanna, great.

Just because he is a poor white from Detroit does not make him a racist. That is ridiculous. I don't think Jay Z would be gigging with a racist.

Eminem is honest, he tells the truth as he sees it. Telling the truth does not mean you endorse your truth or recommend it to others. As to getting away with it because he is white, I tend to think it is because he is always talking about himself, his wife, his mother, his child, and not generalizing about, say, setting women on fire.

Anyway, he apologized to Michael, and I don't kick people when they're trying to mend their ways.

Back