Cascio Tracks Debate Thread

Have just heard these videos. Nice and concise. They are absolutely damning. The vocalist is CLEARLY Jason Malachi. It's a bit ridiculous for some fans to keep saying 'until you've got some proof...'.

THIS is proof. Some people just don't want to see it for what it is. It's absolutely damning proof that the vocalist on all of these clips are the same man... ie, NOT Michael Jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4iafqCIqk

lol you are comparing Jason malachi with Jason porte, dude
jason porte did the "too bad" and the chorus on Monster...

lol you are comparing Jason malachi with Jason porte, dude
jason porte did the "too bad" and the chorus on Monster...

Have you ever heard James Porte? He sounds absolutely nothing like the vocalist on this video.

What James Porte songs have you heard lately???

Srsly.....is that necessary? Hearing KYHU and then listening to MTS or BOJ, or SMILE, or any of Mike's ballads confirm to me that SOMETHING is up with these Cascio songs....The difference between me and you is that I don't go around insulting people who truly believe it's Michael on those songs....Instead, I've been trying to understand and respect....I don't know why you think insulting people who do not hear his voice in that song is OK....I can same the same about you then....

:clapping:

May I remind everyone quit the rudeness here. It's not nice and not on. Agree to disagree but to call people insane is not on.

^^^ ok

Have you ever heard James Porte? He sounds absolutely nothing like the vocalist on this video.

What James Porte songs have you heard lately???

nope I didnt listen any of his song, but Porte is credited to all cascios track, Cascios & Porte were partners ( according to Angelikson profile)
Porte isnt the vocalist in the cascios tracks, hes just backing vocal or guide vocal, MJ is the vocalist.
dont put Jason Malachi on MJ, he aint worth life to sound like MJ

^^^ ok

nope I didnt listen any of his song, but Porte is credited to all cascios track, Cascios & Porte were partners ( according to Angelikson profile)
Porte isnt the vocalist in the cascios tracks, hes just backing vocal or guide vocal, MJ is the vocalist.
dont put Jason Malachi on MJ, he aint worth life to sound like MJ

Unbelievable. So you've told me that the lead vocalist on the Cascio tracks are either Michael Jackson or James Porte and you've never ever heard James Porte's voice? Absolutely unbelievable.

For those that care here is James Porte/Bobby Ewing's voice. You'll notice it sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the lead vocalist on the Cascio tracks. Incredible that you've taken Sony's claims at face value!

http://www.indie-music.com/bands/ra...d=1330&row_template=song.tpl&tpl_dir=jrMobile

Did you even bother to listen to the videos I posted?

Unbelievable. So you've told me that the lead vocalist on the Cascio tracks are either Michael Jackson or James Porte and you've never ever heard James Porte's voice? Absolutely unbelievable.

For those that care here is James Porte/Bobby Ewing's voice. You'll notice it sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the lead vocalist on the Cascio tracks. Incredible that you've taken Sony's claims at face value!

http://www.indie-music.com/bands/ra...d=1330&row_template=song.tpl&tpl_dir=jrMobile

Did you even bother to listen to the videos I posted?

no, i mean james porte is in the chorus and backing vocal only, MJ is the LEAD vocalist
i think James sounds just like in Breaking News and Monster(first version)

he sounds different on cascios tracks cuz Teddy Riley edited Porte's voice, dude

So, what's the general consensus on Keep Your Head Up?

Sorry for being so late on this, I avoided any threads containing spoilers before I got the album, so I missed out on a large chunk of the discussions going on around here. I've looked through the 14 pages of threads in this section, and there isn't a thread that provides a *clear* answer to this question. I realize this has been discussed to death around here, but I'd just like your guys's opinions on Keep Your Head Up. I'm unaware of what other fans think of this song. Do you believe the lead vocals on Keep Your Head Up are sung by MJ, or not?

I'm not too sure to be honest. My heart & mind wants to believe it's him, but my ears aren't doing a good job cooperating. (Again, I apologize for asking this, I'm just looking for a clear/blunt answer to this)

Mods, I hope you'll let this one stay up because the other threads on this song are just a compilation of confusing and perplexing discussion.
I'd really, really appreciate it if everyone could just share their thoughts without arguing like in other threads.

Thanks!

(By the way, where did the poll option go? That would have been a lot easier to read and get an idea off of)

Re: So, what's the general consensus on Keep Your Head Up?

Great song, but the supposed weird vocal effects they had to tinker around with make that it doesn't even sound like Michael at all in my opinion..Fake or Not, What's the purpose in putting songs on an MJ album that don't fully sound like him? The melody of the song is quite nice though (All in my opinion of course)

This will seemingly be an unending debate until there are some analysis/facts either way. That said, to me the debate exemplifies how disrespectful releasing these songs as "MJ's last songs" really is. They were in "rough shape" and presumably just vocals. These are NOT Michael Jackson songs. They are someone else's interpretation of what MJ would do using a simple vocal track if we are to believe the Estate, Cascios and Riley. That is NOT a song that Michael intended the world to hear.

We all seem to be acknowledging that the vocals sound "different". Another problem is that accused singer Jason Malachi has successfully fooled MJ fans in this very forum in the past. You look at the lack of facts and that too many people the vocals resemble someone else other than MJ and the debate will rage on unending.

And videos like this really help the “fake” argument. Please listen and tell me that the 3 songs that sound “different” don’t sound incredibly “similar” to another artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtAQPC6A_ts&feature=player_embedded

MJReality;3143763 said:
This will seemingly be an unending debate until there are some analysis/facts either way. That said, to me the debate exemplifies how disrespectful releasing these songs as "MJ's last songs" really is. They were in "rough shape" and presumably just vocals. These are NOT Michael Jackson songs. They are someone else's interpretation of what MJ would do using a simple vocal track if we are to believe the Estate, Cascios and Riley. That is NOT a song that Michael intended the world to hear.

We all seem to be acknowledging that the vocals sound "different". Another problem is that accused singer Jason Malachi has successfully fooled MJ fans in this very forum in the past. You look at the lack of facts and that too many people the vocals resemble someone else other than MJ and the debate will rage on unending.

And videos like this really help the “fake” argument. Please listen and tell me that the 3 songs that sound “different” don’t sound incredibly “similar” to another artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtAQPC6A_ts&feature=player_embedded
:bugeyedDamn Straight!

Great song, but the supposed weird vocal effects they had to tinker around with make that it doesn't even sound like Michael at all in my opinion..Fake or Not, What's the purpose in putting songs on an MJ album that don't fully sound like him? The melody of the song is quite nice though (All in my opinion of course)

I agree.
For me, there are bits of MJ real voice in it (as in the other Cascio tracks), but it is an awful work of "cut & paste", far from what I can hear in other songs in the album, such as Best of Joy or Much too soon.

Michael would have done a wonderful song with this one, but the voice simply is not Michael for me. No matter how I try, I just can't hear it 100% Michael.

Pity this is happenning :(

I'd like you all to know that certain video's are being edited to fit this "It's not Michael" argument. All I need was edited in 2000 Watts, and claimed to be the "original version", until someone was pointed out on it and later changed the title to "lower pitched version". The Tony Kurtis Breaking News video was edited, the orginal acapella doesn't have that deep of a voice, I'll post it if the doubters don't believe me.

You don't know how hard I tried to convince myself that MJ is actually singing on those 3 tracks. Beause I didn't believe that anyone could have been cabable of doing this to this man's legacy. Or to his fans.

But my ears don't fool me. You can call me arrogant if you want but yea, I know I'm right. 24 years of listening to MJ's voice can't be compared with a "confirmation" letter from Sony and a "well, MJ fans can be sure it's him, because I was there with him in the studio" statement from Cascio on Oprah.

And GOD, I hope I'm wrong. I hope they can provide enough evidence that MJ is actually singing on those tracks. And then I will apoligize to everyone.

You aren't the only person on this forum who has been listening to Michael for most of their lives. The fact is, a lot of us have been listening to Michael since childhood, a lot of us still feel it's Michael on these recordings. If you can't comprehend that, and rather spit on someone else's belief by stating "It's not Michael. I know I'm right", then you should probably take a break from this forum. This isn't directed solely at you, by the way, but if you've already made up your mind about these tracks, and are just coming in here saying "It's not Michael on the songs. How could you think that", then you have no business in this thread, because that isn't a debate. That's forcing your opinion onto others, as if they don't know what they're talking about. A lot of us feel differently regarding these tracks, the opening post clearly implies that this thread is only for those who are open to second opinions and explanations as to why things sound this way.

People who may have never entered a recording booth, or said their "ABC's" on a home studio set, are saying that not under any circumstance should Michael's voice sound like this, that's asinine. How would they know? People are posting edited video's to benefit their argument, like, really? There's no proof on either side, no matter how many times samhabib would like to force onto everyone the "proof", YT videos are not proof, you all need to realize you're comparing complete songs, to unfinished material. How is that fair?

Last edited:
In other words annieruok89 the 'all i need track' may have been pitched up by the Cascios to sound more like MJ and when pitched back down it sounds like who it really is....Malachi. Some people reversed it so that it becomes more obvious what has been done. Or are you saying that Michael Jackson's authentic vocals when pitched down sound exactly like Jason Malachi? Wow that would be uncanny don't you think?

In other words annieruok89 the 'all i need track' was pitched up by the Cascios to sound more like MJ and when we pitch it back down it sounds like who it really is....Malachi. Some people reversed it so that it becomes more obvious what has been done. Or are you saying that Michael Jackson's authentic vocals when pitched down sound exactly like Jason Malachi? Wow that would be uncanny don't you think?

That's the thing, you weren't there when they recorded this song, so you don't have the slightest clue of what they did to it. I doubt the original had it's pitch changed, because the words match up with the beat. That's one of the things that possibly got spotted out in the version in 2000 Watts, the words are slower.

The fact is, it was claimed to be the "original version", only later was it changed, after the fact that someone noticed inconsistencies with the "original version" and that which leaked.

Secondly, why would Tony Kurtis, who some of you seemed to have put all your faith in, why would he also lower the pitch of Breaking News? Again, he also claimed it as the original recording, but in his interview he did, he said he only recorded with Jason for the beginning of his career, around 2004. And Jason brought back all his masters, and Tony only has duplicates, now here's the thing, Breaking News was either recorded in 07, or 09, either way, if he stopped working with Jason in 05 or so, how would he have the original recording of Breaking News? He doesn't, he took the acapella version and lowered the pitch to benefit his argument. Why would he do this? Who know's but the fact is, the pitch was altered and once again claimed as an "original recording".

And that proves what exactly? Funny thing is, that's the same exact vocal that was used in that other comparison video in the "Breaking News" thread. Now think about this, again, how is that a fair comparison? You're comparing someone singing in a hallway to an actual studio recording where a mic was used, a more fair comparison would be two acapella's of two studio recordings. You can't send that video and an acapella of a studio recording to a vocal analyst and expect the results to be accurate, both have to be similar in regards to the circumstances at the time. And I don't mean Jason should be recording in a basement either, but when both studio recordings are compared, the differences can be heard, to me anyway.

My thoughts exactly....Again, fake or not, I can't relate to a song that just doesn't sound like Mike, using so much processing, editing, cut and pasting....Sorry, that's not how I'm used to listening to him...To me, it's an insult to his vocal calibre and his artistry....

I didn't say you were wrong or stupid Annie. You accuse me of not debating but you have made no comment on the video either. You are the one throwing insults asking me if i can read. I think in that video the vocals sound exactly like the vocals in Breaking news. that is my opinion and that is why i posted the video.I don't have much else to say because simply for the reason that i think the video speaks for itself. I am just honestly surprised that some people don't hear that it is the same vocal....that's all. with all due respect also i never said i was there when it was recorded and neither were you so that is irrelevant.

I didn't say you were wrong or stupid Annie. You accuse me of not debating but you have made no comment on the video either. You are the one throwing insults asking me if i can read. I think in that video the vocals sound exactly like the vocals in Breaking news. that is my opinion and that is why i posted the video.I don't have much else to say because simply for the reason that i think the video speaks for itself. I am just honestly surprised that some people don't hear that it is the same vocal....that's all. with all due respect also i never said i was there when it was recorded and neither were you so that is irrelevant.

And that proves what exactly? Funny thing is, that's the same exact vocal that was used in that other comparison video in the "Breaking News" thread. Now think about this, again, how is that a fair comparison? You're comparing someone singing in a hallway to an actual studio recording where a mic was used, a more fair comparison would be two acapella's of two studio recordings. You can't send that video and an acapella of a studio recording to a vocal analyst and expect the results to be accurate, both have to be similar in regards to the circumstances at the time. And I don't mean Jason should be recording in a basement either, but when both studio recordings are compared, the differences can be heard, to me anyway.

I commented on the video.

Awful track and vibrato, fake or not.

I don't think processing his vocals is an insult to his artistry. He's gone, it's something that had to be done, they need songs that are marketable in 2010 in order to sell the album. Which is why certain tracks were included, as of now, it wouldn't be very profitable to release an album full of complete songs from the late 80's through early-late 90's.

I like the song, I think it's a more modern version of Keep The Faith, I like Keep The Faith better though.

I don't think processing his vocals is an insult to his artistry. He's gone, it's something that had to be done, they need songs that are marketable in 2010 in order to sell the album. Which is why certain tracks were included, as of now, it wouldn't be very profitable to release an album full of complete songs from the late 80's through early-late 90's.

I can understand what you're saying...but the bolded part...well if it HAD to be done...it shouldn't have been done in the first place...to that extent...just leave the song be then..use something else....

The song itself is not that bad but the vocals are not good and don't sound like MJ. I personally can't listen to this song anymore, knowing its on Michael Jackson album but sounds nothing like him..more like Michael Jackson wannabe

I can understand what you're saying...but the bolded part...well if it HAD to be done...it shouldn't have been done in the first place...to that extent...just leave the song be then..use something else....

I agree, but it all depends on what's actually in his vaults, and how recent they sound.

Back