George Michael

I agree, it's one performance that always makes me well up whenever I hear or see it. George's voice is sublime on this and the audience reaction is just magical.
Absolutely right. His voice is, by faaaaarrr, one of the best voices ever. This performance is just amazing and he is the perfect one to sing with Queen. This little cd of MJ and Queen is a treasure. I love it.

In regards to focus on his personal problems he should stop taking drugs and then trying to drive, he's lucky he hasn't killed anybody/himself.
yes, so true.
I was really sorry to read about his problems with drugs and cars again lately... as if he couldn't afford a driver :ermm:
Hope he gets out of that once and for all. He is such a great, great artists and it's sad to see him involved in this kind of things :no:

George's new website is out!!!
And the forums are back!!! :wild:
Great! I hope this will be the first of many good things to come from GM.
His message to fans was very honest, in my opinion, so I hope he will really swallow his pride and get the medical help he needs. For his sake... and for the sake of those poor guys who happen to be on the street while he is driving :mello:

GM is one of the best concerts I have ever being in to! his voice is just angelical and he is so talented and brilliant and I also love he is so political with such strong ideas!
I love you Gorgie!!!
245n711.jpg

George Michael Jailed For 8 Weeks

September 14, 2010
Associated Press

A British judge has sentenced George Michael to eight weeks in jail for driving while under the influence of drugs after the singer crashed his car into a London photo shop.

The singer pleaded guilty last month to driving under the influence and possession of cannabis following a July 4 collision between his Range Rover and a Snappy Snaps store.

Michael was sentenced Tuesday (Sept. 14) at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court, which also fined him £1,250 ($1,930). He is likely to serve half the time before being considered for parole.

Police said Michael appeared "spaced out" when they found him sitting in the car, whose engine was still running. He acknowledged smoking marijuana and taking a prescription sedative, prosecutors said.

It was the latest in a string of automotive and drug-related mishaps for the 47-year-old star, who has often spoken of his fondness for marijuana.

In February 2006, he was found slumped at the wheel of his car at London's busy Hyde Park Corner. That April, he hit three parked cars while trying to maneuver out of a parking space, and admitted being "a terrible driver."

In October 2006, he was found slumped over the wheel of his car as it blocked an intersection. He pleaded guilty to driving while unfit through drugs and was sentenced to community service.

Last year, he was involved in a late-night crash with a truck outside London. Michael released a statement stressing he was "stone cold sober" at the time.

Michael gained mega-stardom in his early twenties as half of Wham! and went on to have a successful solo career. His first solo album, 1987's "Faith," sold 20 million copies.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3ia02b5fdf7bb7dfc1072633285a7b0e98

I hate to say it but good, I hope it knocks some sense into him before he kills someone/self.

I hate to say it but good, I hope it knocks some sense into him before he kills someone/self.

I hate to say it too, but you are totally right.
George Michael, the singer, is above most other artists by far.
But Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou, the man, is not above any laws.
I just hope this will make him open his eyes and take care of himself... and if he doesn't want to take care of himself, he still needs to take care of others :no:

I love his music and I have liked him for soooo long.... it's really sad see him going down this way.

:(

It was George Michael Day on VH1 yesterday (nothing like a spell in jail to remind the music channels of someone!). His MTV Unplugged was on. To my mind it's still the best live performance of any artist I've ever seen.

It's vocally sublime.

[youtube]-qYIFIZEtZM[/youtube]

It was George Michael Day on VH1 yesterday (nothing like a spell in jail to remind the music channels of someone!). His MTV Unplugged was on. To my mind it's still the best live performance of any artist I've ever seen.

It's vocally sublime.

bittersweet

This is one of his best and one of THE best live performances ever.
His voice.
Amazing.

and on the dark side, "Sony Music and George Michael's management have decided to postpone the release of the re-mastered "Faith" album."

I don't like the re-release of old material at all, but it's sad things are going this way :(

It's vocally sublime.

It is indeed one of the best live performances ever.
Can't top that evening, it was brilliant. Pure magic happening there.

I wish MJ did an unplugged set too, just once. It would've been so amazing.

One of the 80's best pop albums has recieved the deluxe treatment. 1987's (same year as MJ's Bad) Faith and one of George Michael's greatest albums is out Monday. It's out here in Ireland as of last Thursday. I came across it in a music shop lastnight. Looking forward to getting this one.

imagesgoeorge.jpg

FAITH: SPECIAL EDITION by GEORGE MICHAEL (2 CD + DVD)
(Epic/Legacy 88697 75320 2)

CD One (remastered album)

CD Two (re-mastered 7-inch and 12-inch versions / B-sides

DVD (running 100 minutes) featuring a BBC interview from 1987 with UK journalist Jonathan Ross; an EPK (electronic press kit) produced in 1988 by Epic Records; and all seven promotional videos (re-synched with the new remastered audio): “I Want Your Sex,” “I Want Your Sex (uncensored),” “Faith,” “Father Figure,” “One More Try,” “Monkey,” and “Kissing A Fool.”

Stunning 60-page hard-bound book including exclusive interview with George Michael, rare photos and memorabilia, includes an exclusive interview with George by BBC Radio personality Mark Goodier, and an essay by Robbie Elson of Genesis Publications. The book also includes rare photos and memorabilia.

*A separate memorabilia envelope will contain five art prints, reproduction poster, tickets, and tour pass from the Faith tour.*- (I'm not sure if the envelope is included in the CD-edition.)

gerge.jpg

In addition to the Grammy for Album Of The Year, Faith won three American Music Awards: Favorite Album (Soul/R&B), Favorite Male Vocalist (Soul/R&B) and Favorite Male Vocalist (Pop/Rock). “Father Figure” took home an MTV Award for Best Direction

*Edit* I've just read through the thread and realise this info has already been posted. I'm just after getting the cd-edition and am saving opening it until later tonight. Can't wait! Awesome.

Last edited:
George is AWESOME, his voice is perfect and crystal clear...
His deffinitely one of the best singers in history..., and so underrated only because he is gay...

George is AWESOME, his voice is perfect and crystal clear...
His deffinitely one of the best singers in history..., and so underrated only because he is gay...

Why do people say artists like George or MJ are under-rated and apply it to being in a minority group?

George has had a career spanning 25 years and has sold tens of millions, so where is he under-rated.

Apart from that, you're right. I think he may have the best voice of all my favourite artists.

Anyone like 'Decemember Song? One of the best songs he's produced in years, and the most beautiful video to accompany it. What an incredible voice he has.It's got that classic George Michael melancholy, yearning sound on it and one of the most beautiful melodies I've heard in a long time.

I have to say I got really angry the other day when I saw this post of George on his FB page :angry:

“I absolutely wanted to be in the same stratosphere as [Prince and Michael Jackson]. I’d gone from a couple of years before, with being perfectly happy with being on Top Of The Pops to thinking, ‘I can do what Michael Jackson can do’. I mean he’d just done Thriller!” George Michael in conversation, Faith 2011

"Just" Thriller??
LOL!!!! One could also say he has only done Faith.

PCR;3255441 said:
I have to say I got really angry the other day when I saw this post of George on his FB page :angry:

“I absolutely wanted to be in the same stratosphere as [Prince and Michael Jackson]. I’d gone from a couple of years before, with being perfectly happy with being on Top Of The Pops to thinking, ‘I can do what Michael Jackson can do’. I mean he’d just done Thriller!” George Michael in conversation, Faith 2011

"Just" Thriller??
LOL!!!! One could also say he has only done Faith.

He meant just as in recently, not just as in only.

It might be, but still Thriller was not just Thriller, was it? :mello:

You don't get it. He'd 'just' made Thriller as in I've 'just' had breakfast.

Not meaning that I've only ever eaten breakfast as in that's the most recent thing I've done.

George is back.

New single for Comic Relief (Cover of New Order's True Faith), new album, new tour (with a twist, whatever that means)

He was interviewed by Chris Evans for BBC Radio 2 and the first part of their conversation along with the single has been premiered this morning. Tomorrow we're in for some exciting announcements - tune in at around 8.30 am UK time

He's also on twitter now - www.twitter.com/georgemichael

I heard the snippet of his new song today... I just don't understand WHY he had to hide his amazing voice behind autotune.

Such a strange thing.... :mello:

ANyway, the snippet can be heard here: http://www.georgemichael.com/

Hope he's comming back, hope he is comming back, hope he is comming back ... AND REALLY TAKING CARE OF HIMSELF!!!

Don't tell me one of the best vocalists of all time is using autotune?

Don't tell me one of the best vocalists of all time is using autotune?

Puzzling, I know :mello:

But I heard his interview in BBC 2 and it was so good to hear him again, so clear, so focused... please, George, please!!! Do your best and take care of you!!! please!!!! :pray:

GM's new video :)

Please work hard, and make it right, George!!!! Don't mess it up!! please!!
(why the autotune stuff? :unsure:)

[youtube]riLArIZN6xo[/youtube]

why the autotune stuff? :unsure:

That's what I was asking myself while I was watching Red Nose Day 2011 on TV.................

He's got one of the best voices in the business...............why ruin it????

That's what I was asking myself while I was watching Red Nose Day 2011 on TV.................

He's got one of the best voices in the business...............why ruin it????
I guess that's totally puzzling. And to be honest, so useless! :no:

Back