Got Pets??

il_430xN.167408632.jpg

Description

This listing is for a custom 8x10 inch vintage image of your pooch, kitty, birdie, ferret, mouse or any one pet with a face - jellyfish need not apply. Pet will appear in dashing Victorian attire and images will be created one at a time by obsessive artist with sense of humor.

You can see recently finished custom portraits on the right (these are not for sale - but you don't need them - you need one of your OWN).

This listing is for a 8x10 inch glossy archival print sent to you in the mail. I use the BEST paper and inks available because you deserve the best and because I am an art snob. If you send me a high resolution print (above 4MB) - I will make you an 8x10 print, but if you do not have a large image, we had better go with a 5x7 inch print so that the quality is nice. I can let you know if it's large enough. IPHONE IMAGES DO NOT WORK. Sorry! Too pixelated.

If you only want a DIGITAL IMAGE that will be emailed to you once you have approved your proof, I can do that instead of snail mailing you a proof and I'll refund the shipping charge of $2.50. Sometimes that is a good alternative when a very short turnaround time is needed and then you can take the file somewhere near home to have it printed. As a bonus, I will also send you a small .jpg image for disrupting your working friends via email.

HOW THIS WORKS:
Pick the prettiest, largest, bestest photo you've got of Fluffy and send it to me at the highest resolution possible. Send to wonderbarn [!at] bellsouth.net. If for any reason Fluffy wasn't looking their very best that day (stained moustache, sleep in their eyes, etc.) I can most likely make that go away. Tell me Fluffy's name (if you would like a nameplate on image) and a bit about their personality so that I can tailor the wardrobe and details for a perfect fit. Pun intended.

I want you and yours to be deliriously happy (actually I want you all to laugh yourselves silly), so if I receive an image I just know won't make a good portrait, I will let you know, and refund your money if we can't get something usable. Though my lower lip quivers at the very idea of you not having your own Hot Digital Dog portrait.

Would you like a double portrait? You can either have two separate individual prints or one print of both together. Just let me know. This will look the BEST if you take pictures of each of your pets in the same lighting situation. But if you can't or already have images you want to send, that's fine.

You can see recently finished custom portraits on the right (these are not for sale - but you don't need them - you want your OWN).

This listing is for one or two 8x10 inch glossy archival prints sent to you in the mail. I use the BEST paper and inks available because you deserve the best and because I am an art snob. If you send me a high resolution print (above 4MB) - I will make you an 8x10 print, but if you do not have a large image, we had better go with a 5x7 inch print so that the quality is nice. I can let you know if it's large enough. If you only want a DIGITAL IMAGE that will be emailed to you once you have approved your proof. You can print the image out on your computer as many times as you wish, all day, everyday. As a bonus, I will also send you a small .jpg image for disrupting your friends at work via email.

HOW THIS WORKS:
Pick the prettiest, largest, bestest photo you've got of The Fluffies and send it to me at the highest resolution possible. Send to wonderbarn [!at] bellsouth.net. If for any reason a Fluffy wasn't looking their very best that day (stained moustache, sleep in their eyes, etc.) I can most likely make that go away. Tell me The Fluffys' names (if you would like a nameplate on image) and a bit about their personality so that I can tailor the wardrobe and details for a perfect fit. Pun intended.

I want you and yours to be deliriously happy (actually I want you all to laugh yourselves silly), so if I receive an image I just know won't make a good portrait, I will let you know, and refund your money if we can't get something usable. Though my lower lip quivers at the very idea of you not having your own Hot Digital Dog portrait.

WHEN WILL I GET MY PROOF?
Usually in one week. I will let you know right away when exactly you can expect a proof. My policy is first come, first served. If you have an emergency gift situation and need it ASAP - let me know! Once approved, I will print, then mail two days later.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54215251/custom-vintage-image-of-your-pet

Very, very, very cool!!!! :wild: The site has more pictures. :wub:

I love dogs, cats, basically any animal :lol:

My dad just brought home a new rotweiller today, heres a few pics of him :D (his names Bruno)
62048_1626064776908_1395205732_31654742_1330915_n.jpg

62815_1626065576928_1395205732_31654746_236100_n.jpg

awww everyone has such lovely pets!!

Here's my little family:

First up is Betsy, she's a 14 year old Persian

Next is Ben (named after the song!) he's a Bengal and is just over a year old. The first picture is him when he was a kitten, just before we got him:

The second picture was taken on his birthday in July, and you can see how big he's getting - Bengals can grow to be quite large cats!

And last but no means least, my 2 year old hamster, Solomon (also named after a song, by folk singer Seth Lakeman)

Introducing Jack, aka the coolest dog ever. Got him from a shelter. He's scared of cats, and any shape he doesnt recognize... Very manly. Or maybe he needs glasses...
He's also scared of bigger dogs, b/c he's so peaceful that he's been biten a lot. And he doesnt know how to defend himself. :doh:
But he's always happy, loves veggies and stuffed animals. He's very well behaved, and is never agressive. Super smart, learns new words amazingly fast. Always listens when you talk to him, the kind of dog that turns his head from one side to the other like he's saying "really?" :D
He's very affectionate, and basically the best dog I could dream of. :wub:

I had a cat before, that I loved for 11 happy years, before he died of cancer, on my lap, one thursday morning.

Photo0044.jpg

^ aww so cute
all lovely pets :wub:

I have a female beagle currently. She's the princess in the house

I used to have pigeon and parrots,hamsters,turtle and small breed chickens :)

Ben971;3101340 said:
Introducing Jack, aka the coolest dog ever. Got him from a shelter. He's scared of cats, and any shape he doesnt recognize... Very manly. Or maybe he needs glasses...
He's also scared of bigger dogs, b/c he's so peaceful that he's been biten a lot. And he doesnt know how to defend himself. :doh:
But he's always happy, loves veggies and stuffed animals. He's very well behaved, and is never agressive. Super smart, learns new words amazingly fast. Always listens when you talk to him, the kind of dog that turns his head from one side to the other like he's saying "really?" :D
He's very affectionate, and basically the best dog I could dream of. :wub:

I had a cat before, that I loved for 11 happy years, before he died of cancer, on my lap, one thursday morning.

Photo0044.jpg
He looks lovely.It´s nice you took him from a shelter.

At the moment we have a ginger cat called Gingo (like Gin-Joe) and a turtle who we've had for ages, named Olympus.

Other pets in the past: Russian Blue cat (Tabitha), mouse (Spike), dog (Sheena) and a rabbit (Sooty). So it's been an interesting lot of animals. Yet to own a snake or lizard though - even though we get plenty of blue-tongue lizards around this way.

Presently, my only pet is my "lucky bamboo" plant, named Vincent.

vincent_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3c1vp6.jpg

I may as well mention that one ought not to be deceived by appearances. Vincent is not a common house plant, although his appearance would suggest otherwise. He is actually a refined and very cultured Victorian gentleman whose spirit just happens to be stuck in this form, and there is nothing wrong with that. This came about through no fault of his own. Although he is permanently stuck this way, he leads an active and rich interior life, just like the person he lodges with. Some of the pursuits he enjoys are reading, writing, and discussing all sorts of literature. Vincent and I can stay up whole nights discussing various topics! He's so much fun to have around. My life has definitely improved ever since he stepped into it.

Moreover, Vincent was there when the greatest misfortune of recent times befell upon me, and he has helped me pick up the pieces. He understands my perspective because something of a similar nature occurred to him. Some of the most encouraging words and thoughts have come from Vincent, and I thank him dearly for that. ?

Before he was a plant, Vincent was a writer, a poet, an artist, and a professor. Yes, he was quite the accomplished gentleman. His favourite things to wear were his monocle and his top hat, which he sorely misses. He enjoyed drinking teas of all sorts, and continues this tradition to this day, thanks to me and my extensive supply of delicious teas. :)

Now that he's a common house plant, though, he's had to adapt to his new life. His favourite thing to drink now is water, although I do permit him the occasional tea. He absolutely adores to sit by the window and observe the slow movements of the things outside--sometimes, I join him in doing this, and we observe the outside world rotate in the safety of our own little plane of existence. We especially love watching the sun rise in the mornings to the sound of the beautiful crows which seem to have a fondness for gathering outside our window. Sometimes, we hear the occasional raven--we are that removed from society! There is a forest right outside, where it is not uncommon to see deer and other such creatures walk by.

Vincent loves to hear me sing, although I am no good at it. I sing for the fun of it, and have never taken any formal classes, but my singing brings him great pleasure for some reason. On rainy days, we make popcorn and watch movies through Netflix, or pop one of my DVD's into the DVD player. He also loves it when I play some Beethoven, or Wagner. He likes the romantics, as do I. I've got a massive collection of Beethoven and Wagner music at home, along with stuff on YouTube. I personally prefer Baroque music by the likes of Bach and Handel, to which Vincent is open. If he had his way, however, we'd be listening to Beethoven indefinitely!

Tisk, tisk. He's definitely made my life a lot less lonely. I don't feel like such a Boo Radley anymore (i.e. a complete and total recluse, to those of you who didn't get the To Kill a Mockingbird reference.) I know most people prefer to have animals as pets, but Vincent has proven himself to be the best companion anyone could ask for, and he's more than a Victorian gentleman stuck as a plant to me. He's, as of right now, along with Michael, my life. ?

Reactions: Bee

I may as well mention that one ought not to be deceived by appearances. Vincent is not a common house plant, although his appearance would suggest otherwise. He is actually a refined and very cultured Victorian gentleman whose spirit just happens to be stuck in this form, and there is nothing wrong with that. This came about through no fault of his own. Although he is permanently stuck this way, he leads an active and rich interior life, just like the person he lodges with. Some of the pursuits he enjoys are reading, writing, and discussing all sorts of literature. Vincent and I can stay up whole nights discussing various topics! He's so much fun to have around. My life has definitely improved ever since he stepped into it.

Moreover, Vincent was there when the greatest misfortune of recent times befell upon me, and he has helped me pick up the pieces. He understands my perspective because something of a similar nature occurred to him. Some of the most encouraging words and thoughts have come from Vincent, and I thank him dearly for that. ?

Before he was a plant, Vincent was a writer, a poet, an artist, and a professor. Yes, he was quite the accomplished gentleman. His favourite things to wear were his monocle and his top hat, which he sorely misses. He enjoyed drinking teas of all sorts, and continues this tradition to this day, thanks to me and my extensive supply of delicious teas. :)

Now that he's a common house plant, though, he's had to adapt to his new life. His favourite thing to drink now is water, although I do permit him the occasional tea. He absolutely adores to sit by the window and observe the slow movements of the things outside--sometimes, I join him in doing this, and we observe the outside world rotate in the safety of our own little plane of existence. We especially love watching the sun rise in the mornings to the sound of the beautiful crows which seem to have a fondness for gathering outside our window. Sometimes, we hear the occasional raven--we are that removed from society! There is a forest right outside, where it is not uncommon to see deer and other such creatures walk by.

Vincent loves to hear me sing, although I am no good at it. I sing for the fun of it, and have never taken any formal classes, but my singing brings him great pleasure for some reason. On rainy days, we make popcorn and watch movies through Netflix, or pop one of my DVD's into the DVD player. He also loves it when I play some Beethoven, or Wagner. He likes the romantics, as do I. I've got a massive collection of Beethoven and Wagner music at home, along with stuff on YouTube. I personally prefer Baroque music by the likes of Bach and Handel, to which Vincent is open. If he had his way, however, we'd be listening to Beethoven indefinitely!

Tisk, tisk. He's definitely made my life a lot less lonely. I don't feel like such a Boo Radley anymore (i.e. a complete and total recluse, to those of you who didn't get the To Kill a Mockingbird reference.) I know most people prefer to have animals as pets, but Vincent has proven himself to be the best companion anyone could ask for, and he's more than a Victorian gentleman stuck as a plant to me. He's, as of right now, along with Michael, my life. ?

Aww.. Priceless. :)

We too have one at home, although bigger. ^

^They're wonderful companions, no doubt. Is yours just a plant, or is it truly a soul from another time and place simply stuck in another body?

I own one dog who's name is Goody, and I also owned 2 goldfish who died but lived a very long life (8 years) and also a bunny rabbit who died of pneumonia :(. My mother really took it to heart about her dying but I thought her time came.

To Mikage: Man... I feel shallow, but no. ..^^ It's just a lovely plant getting tall with growing leaves gracing our dining room. ^ Would love to purchase a bonsai in the near future.

As for pets, I used to breed chickens both at our apartment and country-side, we bought some goldfinches, (but unfortunately we'd always find them dead in their cage the next morn...), a couple of parrots, a tiny female fish and an even smaller male fish (they had their offspring, but shortly afterwards the mother ate all of them, including her partner...), and I had a rabbit too. ..I can't buy other animals right now or birds, because, although my parents are residing half a year at the country-side with their hens and dogs, me and my sister are mostly stuck in our apartment, and we're all a bit germ-freaks.. Unfortunately I had my fair share of bad times in the past, because I used to kiss my chickens and press them to my face, and for years I'd regurgitate daily while having them, and.. well, this sucks, because my love for animals and birds is so grand, yet I can't afford getting sick again...

My house is pretty much like my own private zoo, I won't bother posting pictures otherwise I would be here forever but my babies are:

4 Dogs, (ChiChi, Soukie, Sarayah, Seralda), 4 Birds (Max, Sierra, Midget, Dexter), 2 Cats (Kitty, Comet), 2 Guinea Pigs (Milly, Molly) 2 Mice (TJ, DJ), 2 Goldfish (Orange, Vodka) and last but not least my Discus Fish (Tiger). Oh and my Carpet Snake LG who I forgot to mention :lol:

I'm trying to talk my parents into another 2 birds as I want a Quarker Parrot & a Galah :D

Last edited:

:wild:

I loved your bamboo. He's beautiful!

Here is my four-year-old pekingese, Fergie..

29wmwau.jpg

..and my thirty-three year old parrot, Max.

14lhwkk.jpg

They are beautiful. :wub:

My house is pretty much like my own private zoo, I won't bother posting pictures otherwise I would be here forever but my babies are:

4 Dogs, (ChiChi, Soukie, Sarayah, Seralda), 4 Birds (Max, Sierra, Midget, Dexter), 2 Cats (Kitty, Comet), 2 Guinea Pigs (Milly, Molly) 2 Mice (TJ, DJ), 2 Goldfish (Orange, Vodka) and last but not least my Discus Fish (Tiger). Oh and my Carpet Snake LG who I forgot to mention :lol:

I'm trying to talk my parents into another 2 birds as I want a Quarker Parrot & a Galah :D

Oohh... Can you please lend them to me, except for the snake..? I don't know if I'll give them back, but you can still try... Pls?... Lol.

^^

Back