Has Anyone Seen the movie "Man in the Mirror"?

Michelle MC

Proud Member
It's called "The Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story". I'm seeing it for the first time today and now they're going through the 1993 allegations. EEKE!

the one they been playing on the tv guide channel? i had a glimpse of it but, the actor they picked turned me off from watching it. didnt like it.

I think that movie is just beyond horrible. I remember taping that movie when it was first shown on VH1. Let me tell you I only seen parts of that movie. And parts I have seen is just plain horrible. I could have made a way better MJ movie than that.

Oh gosh, that movie is horrible.
I don't reccommend it...

i honestly haven't heard of it before.i would wanna watch how horrible it is though,just to not be left out,hehe.

No, It's a really bad movie. Flex is just kinda, creepy in it. I know he's just acting but it's just not right. I wasn't too impressed when he had white make-up on either, I know again it's a movie and they're trying to make it realistic but...you know.

I've seen it on youtube... The casting (and acting) was horrible.. :mellow:

Yes i've seen that horrendous movie. So many things were wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin. Even MJ released a statement saying he dissaproved of it. That sad excuse for a biopic was truly awful. It was so bad, at some points it was actually funny. The casting was off totally. Flex was too tall to play Michael and didn't have his mannerisms or voice down if you ask me. It was like an exaggerrated version of the real MJ. The movie portrayed him as a boy trapped in a man's body. Seriously, they made it seem like MJ had the mental capacity of like a 2 year old. It was embarrassing. One of the worse movies i've ever seen in my life!

Yes i've seen that horrendous movie. So many things were wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin. Even MJ released a statement saying he dissaproved of it. That sad excuse for a biopic was truly awful. It was so bad, at some points it was actually funny. The casting was off totally. Flex was too tall to play Michael and didn't have his mannerisms or voice down if you ask me. It was like an exaggerrated version of the real MJ. The movie portrayed him as a boy trapped in a man's body. Seriously, they made it seem like MJ had the mental capacity of like a 2 year old. It was embarrassing. One of the worse movies i've ever seen in my life!

I know! And he had no charm whatsoever, it annoyed me to no end. :(

True! But no one has or had the kind of charm, aura or charisma that MJ did, so that would have been hard to find with any actor. Surely they still could have found someone more endearing than Flex Alexander to play MJ though! The whole thing was a joke.

Just look at a screen cap from the movie:

70xi5z.jpg

Says it all about this crap movie! Since when is MJ gray or whatever color this is? So stupid and unrealistic.

True! But no one has or had the kind of charm, aura or charisma that MJ did, so that would have been hard to find with any actor. Surely they still could have found someone more endearing than Flex Alexander to play MJ though! The whole thing was a joke.

70xi5z.jpg

Says it all about this crap movie! Since when is MJ gray or whatever color this is? So stupid and unrealistic.

Ugh! even the MadTv guys could have done it better. Not that I'd like them to... And the line "he's not my type", I was like WTF?? :throwingstones

i have heard it but never watched it...
is it really horrible?????????

The awful acting is the worst part, and then there's the script, I don't know if they're trying to portray him as sweet, innocent and genuine or a little retarded, which is what he comes across as... :mellow: You'll find it on youtube if you want to see for yourself.

I wasnt planning on seeing it anyway but last week I went to look for MJ stuff in this store, and they had loads of everthing and this dvd too. only 2 left or somthin like that, can't believe why people buy it!

70xi5z.jpg

if you ask me,johnny depp had a better and more MJ-like voice tone.he could've done better than this flex freak! :S

This "movie" was straight-up G-A-R-B-A-G-E. If you can't even get the rights to use Michael Jackson's music for your "film project", don't even bother. One of the many monumental L's that VH1 has taken in recent years. I'm upset at myself for even bumping this thread up with my thoughts on this piece of $#!+ lol.

Ugh! even the MadTv guys could have done it better. Not that I'd like them to... And the line "he's not my type", I was like WTF?? :throwingstones

hahaha, Exactly, this actor really did look more like a mock mad tv, saturday night live ''making fun of michael type face'' when first watched it, it was like waiting for him to make a michael joke. he was soo off.
He does not look like a serious actor. lmao

When did Johnny Depp play MJ? Or impersonate him? I'd love to see it if its available.

And I've never seen this movie or heard of it..but you guys responses made me laugh.

I saw it a few months ago on YouTube...It was horrid...They totally did not portray Michael well at all....I was pretty disgusted actually....

i watched about 10 seconds before HAVING to turn it off... i think the intentions were good for making the movie but WOW it did not work :(

:doh: Yes I have seen it and it is GAWD AWEFUL!!!! They made MJ sound like a scatter-brained nutcase! Seriously...embarrassing!!! Horrid! Oh man..:mello:

:bugeyedHORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MOVIE!!!!!!! :bugeyed

I reccomend it to....nobody in the whole entire world.
And I hope the world loses all copies of the tape and it is never shown again.

70xi5z.jpg

Seriously! How insulting! MJ's skin was just white...why do they feel the need to bring attention to the fact that it wasn't originally white by making it look so creepy and discolored?! Why not just use someone with...pale skin?... Idiots. Also - When will (casting) people begin to see that Michael was more than just white skin, black hair and a thin nose?! Those three things do not make an MJ! And why do they always make his face look so grossly manly? He had very delicate, gorgeous features. (He wouldn't have been able to pull off makeup if he'd been overly masculine.) He has always been a pretty guy. Doe eyes, long lashes, soft looking lips, and that freakin' GORGEOUS 2000 Watt smile....*sighs* Okay, I'm done.

"His" hair looks nice there...

Last edited:
This movie is nothing but a peace of S*IT!Did Michael have blue skin color?The actor is awful.I can look more like Michael than him!

if you ask me,johnny depp had a better and more MJ-like voice tone.he could've done better than this flex freak! :S

I've always thought that if [God forbid] they try to do another biopic, they would HAVE to use Johnny Depp, no question. I think he really gets MJ and would try to interpret him rather than portray or copy him (because that always ends in disaster.) I think he'd bring the much needed normalcy to MJ's image. The sexuality, charm, grace, charisma, wit, and silliness wouldn't get lost as it usually does with other actors.

deepjackson.jpg

Darken his hair and grow it out, shave his face, lighten his skin tone, give him a little eyeliner and I could definitely see it.

Last edited:
Back