Have you ever had problems with your family just for being a MJ fan?

My mother doesn't like him AT ALL. When i was 13 (2003) i was going to buy the reedition of the Thriller album so i went to the supermarket and i was really excited to buy my very first MJ album. Then i took it and put it in the cart when we came at the checkout my mother saw it and she purely forbad me to buy it and she told me i could chose any other singer but NOT MJ and i explained to her that it's the only i want in that moment i didn't understand why she was so reluctant ..but when we went into the car she told me that she didn't want me to buy a MJ's CD because he was a child molester i was crying, tolding her it was wrong but she said that it was true because all the media (once more) told it so i was very angry, furious.. Ultimately, my uncle heard about this little "quarrel" consequently he gifted it to me and until that day i avoid speaking or quoting a word about MJ when my mother is near me..it's sad sad story isn't it ?
P.S: Sorry for my english i hope i didn't made a lot of spelling errors...

Last edited:
^^ my mum doesnt like him either, but she lets me buy his albums and other things, she just says im crazy

im sorry that happened to you it makes me cry too when my mum says he did those things, i try not to mention him around her either

Last edited:
"Nobody even knows who he is." Keep in mind I was just observing, not saying a word. Then my mother goes "Oh yeah, he's nothing? Really? Oh yeah?" And my father goes "Oh yeah, N.O.T.H.I.N.G." - He actually spelled it out.

That would actually make me laugh my ass off, even if the parent saying it was irate. I'm a dick that way. He had to be frustrated beyond belief to utter the words "nobody even knows who he is."

How hilarious would it be if he spelled "nothing" wrong?

YES!! My mom wouldn't let me go the Dangerous tour cuz she said i was too young (i was 9) so I didn't speak to her for a week lol. Then when i was about 14 I decided to peel off the wallpaper in my bedroom and glue michael posters and pictures to the entire wall and ceiling surface!! She was not ammused.

........bovvered?!

My mother doesn't like him AT ALL. When i was 13 (2003) i was going to buy the reedition of the Thriller album so i went to the supermarket and i was really excited to buy my very first MJ album. Then i took it and put it in the cart when we came at the checkout my mother saw it and she purely forbad me to buy it and she told me i could chose any other singer but NOT MJ and i explained to her that it's the only i want in that moment i didn't understand why she was so reluctant ..but when we went into the car she told me that she didn't want me to buy a MJ's CD because he was a child molester i was crying, tolding her it was wrong but she said that it was true because all the media (once more) told it so i was very angry, furious.. Ultimately, my uncle heard about this little "quarrel" consequently he gifted it to me and until that day i avoid speaking or quoting a word about MJ when my mother is near me..it's sad sad story isn't it ?
P.S: Sorry for my english i hope i didn't made a lot of spelling errors...

Wow what a sad, at that aspect its hard to be an MJ fan cause last wednesday I went to the cinema and I also bought Thriller 25. I was too excited but on saturday my mother discovered that I bought the album and she started to yellin how stupid I was for buyin cr** and also for helpin that a**h** (Michael) to make him more rich. I felt so :angry: I am 22 years old and I cant to buy records with my own money :mad:

yeah in the past,but now they love his songs after heard them 20000000000000 times

well i have allways been picked for being mjfan, they say that he is a molester and a childraper but in a funny way youknow like when you are in school and some of the kids bully the other kids yeah just like that:D:d

his talent always been respected but the hate comes on the personal thing and I just tune it all out then and now.

:yes: i have promblem with my family and my sister and brother they say the mean things about MJ makes me :cry: alot and makes me upset

but my uncle who lives in new york he likes MJ and he support MJ alot he fight witrh my father last year about it
i :clap: cause my uncle was so sweet i that my uncle send me email to tell me that he is mail me MJ stuff :clap:

Last edited:
my family makes fun of me for being a mj fan all the time they make fun of his kids names and everything else you can imagin but i just brush it off because i dont care what they think they can go up a horses but for all i care lol

Well I am very upset and angry. Ok I am 23 years old. Maybe I am a little too old to be obsessed or have a huge fandom. Well it hurts when my mother tells me that when I return to my school to delete all my photos from my computer of MJ, as well as on my iphone. Now I know she doesn't hate MJ, because I have been a fan since I was 1 yrs old. But I think it's mainly the fact about my age, and she fears how people will perceive as weird MJ fanatic.

It just hurts, because it makes me very happy to be an MJ fan, and have photos of him on my computer. I mean she is ok with me having Shia Labeaof on it, but not MJ. You know because people perceive him as a "freak."

I guess in her eyes with me admiring MJ it's like I am still acting like a little kid, and I understand it. But I AM A KID AT HEART!!!

I just don't know what to do. I will be leaving on the 18th of August to return to school, so i won't have to deal with it, but the fact that she says this just hurts.

The best thing to do though is to ignore it when people give you a hard time for liking Michael or if that doesn't work, just tell them they need to respect your right to listen to whomever you'd like. Just remember not to overreact because that's what a lot of people who dislike Michael want you to do. They want to get a reaction out of you because they know you like him, so just try not to get overly defensive about him and shrug off their insults about Michael and eventually they'll stop.

That's exactly what I do in those circumstances. I've learnt that they want me to overreact but they won't get it. haha I don't care what they say. If I had been cared I wouldn't have been a fan of him since 1989.

I nearly got into a fight with my father defending him.
He's too brain washed, he read every media reports about the trial which is full of lies but never got to read the last one on his acquittal.
As for the rest of my family, they agreed that media is biased and give twisted stories most of the times.

They all like him, I think. Some more than others.

Last edited:
those are horrible things your mother is saying. i guess all u can do is ignore it. you like mj, and thats all that has to matter to you. i know its your mom, but at the same time someone who says such hurtful to you, you shouldnt respect her opinion at all in the situation. i would be so distraught if my mom said something like that to me, so im very sorry for your situation.

my family is worrying about me if i go and see MJ in concert cause they know me that i'm afarid if cerws (sorry about my spell) cause i have learning disablility too :yes: but they say that i'll go and see MJ in concert if he comes to toronto or waterloo ont i'm :pray: for hope he'll come

My Immediate or extended family never has given me problems,concerning michael...

my mom feel sorry for MJ the way he is going on his life

my mom love his song "ben" and "bad" :yes:

i'm going to ask my mom if i can try ask my mom if i can do anything for MJ b-day do some

No, I have never had any problems. I don't care what my family think. My parents are great, they have nothing against MJ, but they prefer different kind of music. My mum Queen, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix; my dad loves Joe Cocker, Carlos Santana. Lol :D but they said they like some Michael's songs.

I've never talked what they think about Michael as a person, but I think they like him.

My parents don't hate him so much as they like everyone else more....:blink:
I've actually convinced my mom to be an MJ fan for the most part and my dad just hates music all together so it's not really his "fault"

I get a lot of trouble from friends and people in my area though...Been beat up...seven times now I think it is...but it's okay...It's not worth changing over that.

Wow..they beat you up because you are an MJ fan??how pathedic is that, what a bunch of losers..How about they stop worrying about who you like musicly and worry about themselves..ughhhh

I got crap from my family for being a fan when I was growing up (so the 80's). No one hated him, just didn't understand my obsession. My parents would roll their eyes, tease me, make fun of videos, his voice, etc, go "ow!" and so on.

I had even more trouble, though, from peers at school, since most of them were into heavy metal or country. I was actually threatened several times when people "found out" I was an MJ fan, like that was some reason to kick someone's ass. I was shocked by racism for the first time then too, when I was called things I won't repeat here. If it weren't for knowledge of Metallica lyrics that got them off my case, who knows what all would've happened. (Man, Junior High is hell, huh?)

My mom was always convinced that MJ was some phase I was going through and I'd tell her, "No it's not! I LOVE him. I'll always love him. You just wait and see!"

Well, here I am 25 years later... lolol. She still can't understand ;)

Back