Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
Personally, I think that honour falls to Monster, by a country mile.

I did think so at one point. . .

But the vocals just sound really out of tune on Keep Your Head Up to me.....

It reminds me of this guy who was on my course in college, he was completely tone deaf and allways sang completely out of tune.......Everyone told him he couldnt sing, even his own Grandmother..but he just carried on saying he was going to achieve his dream of being a singer.

Anyway, the first part of the song reminds me of that.

I actually like Monster and Breaking News. But I like Monster in the same way that I would like some sort of remix. I remember a remix of Billie Jean and a song by DMX which I used to love. I love Monster in that way.

It reminds me of this guy who was on my course in college, he was completely tone deaf and allways sang completely out of tune.......Everyone told him he couldnt sing, even his own Grandmother..but he just carried on saying he was going to achieve his dream of being a singer.

You do realise that if your opinion on these tracks turns out to be false you have just majorly insulted Michael?

I did think so at one point. . .

I actually like Monster and Breaking News. But I like Monster in the same way that I would like some sort of remix. I remember a remix of Billie Jean and a song by DMX which I used to love. I love Monster in that way.

I quite like Monster and KYHU too and would be chuffed if they were MJ songs. I can listen to KYHU as it is a very MJ-esque song and, to me, is much closer vocally than the other two!

You do realise that if your opinion on these tracks turns out to be false you have just majorly insulted Michael?

Not really, because they have played round with the pitch of the vocals among other things. What Michael would have originally sung wouldnt be out of tune, but because they have played round with it so much to match the music....it does sound slightly out of tune. Please dont be so dramatic.

l want to believe it's him
l'd love to be wrong ,l want to convince it's Michael
"Let me let go" of Jason Malachi wake me up from my dream
Only thing l can feel in Keep your head up it's awe from Earth song

that's really sad :(

l want to believe it's him
l'd love to be wrong ,l want to convince it's Michael
"Let me let go" of Jason Malachi wake me up from my dream
Only thing l can feel in Keep your head up it's awe from Earth song

that's really sad :(

well no one is saying they didnt use samples for background
that Michael didnt yet record _We all know they didnt have
complete finished songs. they had to add background vocals
samples and music to complete them. but I believe the main
vocals are Michael _ Casios did a bad job mixing and TR had
to work his magic for Michael_ Non the less in my eyes it is
Michael

I'm trying to convince myself that Casio had such a terrible microphone that the voice sounds different, and that the recording booth was so cold that Michael was shivering which led to the odd vibratos.

l am not fan of Akon but l love wanna be starting something 2008 from thriller 25th anniversary.

At least l can hear Michael without any doubt and his voice it's hot ,imagine Akon solo in this version ,it would be sucks as hell.

(MJ)
You love to pretend that you're good
When you're always up to no good
You really can't make him hate her
So your tongue became a razor
Someone's always tryin' to start my baby crying
Talkin', squealin', lyin you got my baby crying

My real opinion about the Cascio tracks has not changed since the first time I heard BN. However, my opinion is not in the options stated for the poll. Mine would be:

NO, I still believe he is not 100% in those tracks

I don't think this songs are 100% fake, but I do think they used simply too much of other voices and Michael can be hardly ever listen to in those. The use of his voice is on those ehhh uhhhh and that is so ovbiously a matter of "Cut & paste" that it's even a little funny.

I wish I could hear more of MJ in those tracks, but I just can't. As soon as I hear his voice my heart jumps. When I heart the Cascio tracks, nothing. I would have no problems being proved wrong, for that would really make things way, way easier and less painful.

If the demos of this tracks were so weak/unfinished/badly-recorded, etc., they would have done better by including them as they were in some "deluxe version" or the like, stating those were raw unfinished material. Simple as that. I have already paid for MJ's demos and sure I want all his works, little as those might be.

In fact, I wish they wouldn't have changed anything at all.

Here's the way I look at it. This is not for argumentative purposes, just to tell my side of the story.

Michael Jackson was living at the Cascio's house for 4 months. He obviously played a huge role in the writing of these songs (MJ's writing style is so easy to tell). I don't think anyone debates that Michael mostly wrote these songs. So if Cascio and him wrote these songs together...then it is logical to assume that some/all of the songs were recorded to some degree. It's non-logical to think "MJ spent 4 months in a house with a music producer and a recording studio around a time when he was known to be making new music, and did not sing one note into the microphone. It's simply ridiculous to think that they hired Jason Malachi or some other impersonator to come and sing 12 songs. That goes against all logic.

On the other hand... it makes much more sense to think that Michael recorded these songs to a limited degree and failed to finish them. Different parts of the songs were not complete and needed major tweaking. Teddy Riley has said he had to change the vibrato of MJ's voice to match up with some of the new compositions. The studio was in a basement with conditions that were not normal for regular studios that we are used to hearing MJ record in. And finally, Cascio is not a regular producer and would likely be considered B class opposed to the A style producers MJ has always worked with.

Logic would tell anyone that MJ is singing in these songs. Until substantial evidence is presented to the contrary, it will remain my belief that Keep Your Head Up, Monster, and Breaking News are Michael Jackson singing...Just in very different circumstances then we are used to. If I'm proved wrong in the future then so be it. But until then, this is my opinion.

makes sense man, I think we should all think like you.

And God, I wish people would stop attacking each other here, it's not like it's gonna change anything... Posts like "DOUBTERS STFU" are really insulting... I think there are different ways to keep your opinion and point out to it...

The results of this poll are alarming..

It probably went like this, "Sony+Estate: These vocals don't sound like Michael, but lets just put them on anyways." :doh:

We buy Michael Jackson albums because we want to hear MICHAEL's voice, if you alter it in any way, then what's the F'ing point? I'd rather listen to a demo that sounds like Michael rather than a song that's been so processed that his voice is beyond recognition. All my personal opinion of course. I still bought the album ;)

Last edited:
Why is it that there is never more than 5 votes difference between the poll results? :S

Why is it that there is never more than 5 votes difference between the poll results? :S

probably because there's a 50-50 split

and it would mean that we would never come to an agreement one way or another.

probably because there's a 50-50 split

and it would mean that we would never come to an agreement one way or another.

Yeah but surely sometimes there would be a massive gap between them and then the other result would catch up. They allways seem to be so close together. It was like that in the previous poll as well for a long time.

Logic would tell anyone that MJ is singing in these songs. Until substantial evidence is presented to the contrary, it will remain my belief that Keep Your Head Up, Monster, and Breaking News are Michael Jackson singing...Just in very different circumstances then we are used to. If I'm proved wrong in the future then so be it. But until then, this is my opinion.

I respect your points, Smooth, but I can't be that sure at all. Especially after hearing the intro of I like the way you love me... clearly, without any single doubt, Michael Jackson singing. And there is no studio, no big producer, no hig tech equipment, nothing at all but the man. So? What does that mean?

:scratch:

My real opinion about the Cascio tracks has not changed since the first time I heard BN. However, my opinion is not in the options stated for the poll. Mine would be:

NO, I still believe he is not 100% in those tracks

I don't think this songs are 100% fake, but I do think they used simply too much of other voices and Michael can be hardly ever listen to in those. The use of his voice is on those ehhh uhhhh and that is so ovbiously a matter of "Cut & paste" that it's even a little funny.

I wish I could hear more of MJ in those tracks, but I just can't. As soon as I hear his voice my heart jumps. When I heart the Cascio tracks, nothing. I would have no problems being proved wrong, for that would really make things way, way easier and less painful.

If the demos of this tracks were so weak/unfinished/badly-recorded, etc., they would have done better by including them as they were in some "deluxe version" or the like, stating those were raw unfinished material. Simple as that. I have already paid for MJ's demos and sure I want all his works, little as those might be.

In fact, I wish they wouldn't have changed anything at all.

l agreee with you ,l prefer demo like "Beautiful girl" than finish his works.

smooth_criminal05;3139006 said:
Here's the way I look at it. This is not for argumentative purposes, just to tell my side of the story.

Michael Jackson was living at the Cascio's house for 4 months. He obviously played a huge role in the writing of these songs (MJ's writing style is so easy to tell). I don't think anyone debates that Michael mostly wrote these songs. So if Cascio and him wrote these songs together...then it is logical to assume that some/all of the songs were recorded to some degree. It's non-logical to think "MJ spent 4 months in a house with a music producer and a recording studio around a time when he was known to be making new music, and did not sing one note into the microphone. It's simply ridiculous to think that they hired Jason Malachi or some other impersonator to come and sing 12 songs. That goes against all logic.

On the other hand... it makes much more sense to think that Michael recorded these songs to a limited degree and failed to finish them. Different parts of the songs were not complete and needed major tweaking. Teddy Riley has said he had to change the vibrato of MJ's voice to match up with some of the new compositions. The studio was in a basement with conditions that were not normal for regular studios that we are used to hearing MJ record in. And finally, Cascio is not a regular producer and would likely be considered B class opposed to the A style producers MJ has always worked with.

Sorry but not.

Michael expent those months working on Thriller 25.

He recorded background vocals (WBSS 2008) with them (Cascio´s) in their studio and it sounds like the real Michael:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd2qGORs8io

Hope all this shi.. ends soon.

No more lies from Sony & Cascio´s & Teddy.

After everything with Breaking News I was put off the Album slightly, but hearing the other Cascio tracks I've grown to like the Album, glad I went out and bought it

l agreee with you ,l prefer demo like "Beautiful girl" than finish his works.

They should not have been trying to finish his works in the first place. They should have just released finish works...

To be frankly honest, the album is okay. The tracks that are Michael singing showcases Michaels lovely voice but on sometracks like Hollywood Tonight tend to be way overproduced. I really like Much to Soon though.

Last edited:
Kapital77;3140610 said:
Sorry but not.

Michael expent those months working on Thriller 25.

He recorded background vocals (WBSS 2008) with them (Cascio´s) in their studio and it sounds like the real Michael:

what's the source for this that says that Thriller 25 vocals were recorded in the Cascio's studio? (and please do not come up with Roger Friedman as a legitimate or credible source)

See Anthony Jackson - Michael's cousin- says those vocals were recorded at Will.i.am's studio. It might be recorded at the same time as the Cascio songs but not necessarily in the same studio.

On Tuesday 30th November 2010, @ATONCLASSIC said:

I went to the recording session @iamwill studio when Michael recorded the Thriller 25th Anniversary PYT remix. Michael's voice was amazing! Will and I were looking at each other like O.M.G! :) The music and movies we would be making right now! We all miss you! Thank you for the memories. Love always! A*

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/78632c

what's the source for this that says that Thriller 25 vocals were recorded in the Cascio's studio? (and please do not come up with Roger Friedman as a legitimate or credible source)

See Anthony Jackson - Michael's cousin- says those vocals were recorded at Will.i.am's studio. It might be recorded at the same time as the Cascio songs but not necessarily in the same studio.

On Tuesday 30th November 2010, @ATONCLASSIC said:

I went to the recording session @iamwill studio when Michael recorded the Thriller 25th Anniversary PYT remix. Michael's voice was amazing! Will and I were looking at each other like O.M.G! :) The music and movies we would be making right now! We all miss you! Thank you for the memories. Love always! A*

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/78632c

Yeah, you are talking about PYT, not WBSS 2008:

Original song written by Michael Jackson
Original song published by Mijac Music (BMI)
Original redording produced by Quincy Jones/Co produced by Michael Jackson
Remix recorded 11/07
Remix written by Aliaune Thiam, Giorgio Tuinfort, Michael Jackson
Remix publishing Byefall Music/Famous Music Publishing/Piano Music (ASCAP)/Mijac Music (BMI)
Remix Instrumentation and additional programming : Akon and Giorgio Tuinfort
Remix recorded by Mark "Exit" Goodchild for Milk Money Consulting, Konkast Studios, Canada & Paris, France
Remix mixed by Mark "Exit" Goodchild for Milk Money Consulting, Wisseloord
Studios, Amsterdam & Maze Studios, Atlanta
GA; and Dylan "3-D" Dresdow at Paper V.U.
Studios & Ethanet Studios
Remix produced by Aliaune "Akon" Thiam for Upfront/Konvict & Michael Jackson
Remix co-produced by Giorgio Tuinfort for Piano Music/Konvict
Background vocals recorded by Angelikson Productions

This is not ROGER FRIEDMAN. :punk:

I didn't know where else to put this, but I am about to blow a gasket. I went to the MJ party in NY and listened to BN and Monster. I bought the album and listened to BN and Monster. I came to the same conclusion: THEY DO NOT SOUND LIKE MJ (except for some notes here and there). I have fought over this for so long. I have gone back and forth. I have listened to many arguments and both sides. I have come to the same conclusion.

Against what I feel to be logical, and against what would seem to be most probable, I have decided that somebody is playing us. I want to believe the Cascios and Teddy. I want to believe Sony and the Estate. But it is hard for me to reconcile what I hear with what is being said. At the end of the day, the consumer has to be the guage for what they feel is acceptable.
It upsets me to even type this. You all know I don't typically agree with the Jacksons. I am one of their biggest doubters (and will continue with the way they have acted) but something has to be terribly wrong for the songs to sound the way they do. And what is sad is that the songs are great songs, they just would be better if we heard MJ more distinctively.

Then when I come here and see people want to regulate this opinion to a sub forum, or the conspiracy section as if I don't know what I hear, it upsets me. I know we are all unique and will hear things a different way, but to say your opinion has more validity than mine is a slap in my face. I want to support MJ and his fans. That is why I spend so much time here, but I am so torn over this. I don't know what to do. It is a terrible feeling.

Here are some things I want to clear up:

I was not influenced by Taj. My first inclination was to discredit them.
I am not a hater.
I do not find pleasure in feeling this way.
I was not influenced by other people. I waited until I had the album and heard the vocals for myself before I posted this.
It does not sound like MJ to me.
Logically I would think it is him just because I would wonder why the powers that be would do this. But I just can't reconcile what I hear to MJ's voice. And the songs being surrounded by other songs that are MJ only make them stick out like a sore thumb.
I want MJ to succeed.
I am not Anti_Sony. Nor do I think MJ was at the end of his life.
I'm not deaf, dumb, stupid, etc.
I am lost. Could they really have tried this?
I feel sick. I don't understand why this is happening.

I am going to call my friend who is a lawyer. SOmething has to be done. I am so upset over this. They have to be made to show us rather than have us taking their word for it. I will let you guys know what she says.

For WBSS 08, it says "Backgroung vocals recorded by Angelikson Productions".

It doesn't say where though, and the studio isn't mentioned in the list of studios in the credits.

I didn't know where else to put this, but I am about to blow a gasket. I went to the MJ party in NY and listened to BN and Monster. I bought the album and listened to BN and Monster. I came to the same conclusion: THEY DO NOT SOUND LIKE MJ (except for some notes here and there). I have fought over this for so long. I have gone back and forth. I have listened to many arguments and both sides. I have come to the same conclusion.

Against what I feel to be logical, and against what would seem to be most probable, I have decided that somebody is playing us. I want to believe the Cascios and Teddy. I want to believe Sony and the Estate. But it is hard for me to reconcile what I hear with what is being said. At the end of the day, the consumer has to be the guage for what they feel is acceptable.
It upsets me to even type this. You all know I don't typically agree with the Jacksons. I am one of their biggest doubters (and will continue with the way they have acted) but something has to be terribly wrong for the songs to sound the way they do. And what is sad is that the songs are great songs, they just would be better if we heard MJ more distinctively.

Then when I come here and see people want to regulate this opinion to a sub forum, or the conspiracy section as if I don't know what I hear, it upsets me. I know we are all unique and will hear things a different way, but to say your opinion has more validity than mine is a slap in my face. I want to support MJ and his fans. That is why I spend so much time here, but I am so torn over this. I don't know what to do. It is a terrible feeling.

I am not a hater.
I was not influenced by other people. I waited until I had the album and heard the vocals for myself before I posted this.
Logically I would think it is him just because I would wonder why the powers that be would do this. But I just can't reconcile what I hear to MJ's voice. And the songs being surrounded by other songs that are MJ only make them stick out like a sore thumb.
I want MJ to succeed.

I am going to call my friend who is a lawyer. SOmething has to be done. I am so upset over this. They have to be made to show us rather than have us taking their word for it. I will let you guys know what she says.

awww...sweetie, i understand and i feel the same way :huggy: we'll get through this....Everything you just posted I can completely relate to..

Against what I feel to be logical, and against what would seem to be most probable, I have decided that somebody is playing us. I want to beleiev the Cascios and Teddy. I want to beleieve Sony and the Estate. But it is hard for me to reconcole what I hear with what is being said. At the end of the day, the consumer has to be the guage for what they feel is acceptable. It upsets me to even type this. You all know I don't typically agree with the Jacksons. I am one of their biggest doubters (and will continue with the way they have acted) but something has to be terribly wrong for the songs to sound the way they do. And what is sad is that the songs are great songs, they just would be better if we heard MJ more distinctively.

Then when I come here and see people want to regulate this opnion to a sub forum, or the conspiracy section as if I don't know what I hear, it upsets me. i know we are all unique and will hear things a different way, but to say your opinion has more validity than mine is a slap in my face. I want to support MJ and his fans. That is why I spend so much time here, but I am so torn over this. I don't know what to do. it is a terrible feeling.

I am not a hater.
I want MJ to succeed.

I'm with you 100% Ginvid... these Cascio songs do not sound like Michael at all to me either. I bought my album maybe thinking the higher quality would make it sound like Michael, but it still doesn't...The way I see it, is either they processed Michael's voice beyond recognition in every Cascio song (Which seems very odd to do for a ballad like KYHU) or it's not him singing..I think we are forced into believing it's Michael because "Sony/Estate would never do this" rather than actually believing it's him genuinely. All IMO.

I'm with you 100% Ginvid... these Cascio songs do not sound like Michael at all to me either. I bought my album maybe thinking the higher quality would make it sound like Michael, but it still doesn't...The way I see it, is either they processed Michael's voice beyond recognition in every Cascio song (Which seems very odd to do for a ballad like KYHU) or it's not him singing..I think we are forced into believing it's Michael because "Sony/Estate would never do this" rather than actually believing it's him genuinely. All IMO.

That may explain why a overwhelming majority believed the song Breaking News is not genuine when the song was first streamed at mj.com. Their instinct was telling them something was not right. Then, people let logic and reasoning get along the way and recondition to accept what is being told.

Absolutely love and agree with all you say ginvid. Please god let the truth come out. I am so upset that it seems they are getting away with it.... Good luck talking with the lawyer.

Back