May 20, 2008 (Big Star to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't dissappointed lastnight.Maybe we'll see Michael on an American show someday.
When ? I have no idea.
I loved the Gladys Knight And The New Pips skit . Jack Black was too wild for me though doing those crazy dance moves then losing his pants.Did you say he had a Wardrobe Malfunction ? Robert Downey Jr. was Cute with his Smooth dance moves and Ben Stiller was Ben Stiller.
David Cook Rocks.I wish him luck as the new American Idol.They need to make an album of all the winners and give the money to charity.

out my own fan superiority complex, i'm always relieved not to see him on American Idol/X-Factor/other karaoke reality show every year.

some words from Mr. Jackson
"The industry, it's at a crossroads. There's a transformation going on. People are confused, what's going to happen, how to distribute and sell music. -- Right now, all these Starbucks deals and Wal-Mart deals, direct to artist, I don't know if that's the answer. I think the answer is just phenomenal, great music."

"I don't think people are being experimental and innovative enough. -- I think there's too much cookie-cutter stuff."

AI = mother "cookie-cutter" and the two Simons = anti-music.

wouldn't be surprised if he shows up though, hence my annual relief LOL Mike can be corny sometimes
f_smiley.gif
but damn he needs to release that album then can appear on Hanna Montana for all i care - i wouldn't give a toss.

it's all good - still keeping faith, and it's not blind.

I'm with you. I hope he doesn't show up. It's just so lame, in my opinion (that's for all the people who have a heart attack if I don't tack that on). I don't think he will show up, in all honesty. I just don't. The show is losing steam and there's so many other things Michael could do. He could have his own special even.

I would dearly like the jacksons to bring on their own shows and introduce some of the young blood, just like Latoya, Janet and Rebbie were introduced on the Jackson's show.
Or they could do anothher award show olike they did on 94. They have enough talent in tha family to do their own and they would get a large udience for it.

I would dearly like the jacksons to bring on their own shows and introduce some of the young blood, just like Latoya, Janet and Rebbie were introduced on the Jackson's show.
Or they could do anothher award show olike they did on 94. They have enough talent in tha family to do their own and they would get a large udience for it.

Agree. that would be really nice to see :)

I wasn't dissappointed lastnight.Maybe we'll see Michael on an American show someday.
When ? I have no idea.
I loved the Gladys Knight And The New Pips skit . Jack Black was too wild for me though doing those crazy dance moves then losing his pants.Did you say he had a Wardrobe Malfunction ? Robert Downey Jr. was Cute with his Smooth dance moves and Ben Stiller was Ben Stiller.
David Cook Rocks.I wish him luck as the new American Idol.They need to make an album of all the winners and give the money to charity.

I agree with everything you stated. I enjoyed the finale last night.

I am always amused by people who argue about the right to their opnion and then attack other people for theirs.

This post was directly to me, marnifrances. I find it amusing that when someone states an opinion on why she feels that some fans take things to seriously, that person is accused of not "accepting" people's opinions. The same type of fans that defend sick lifestyles because they are idol worshippers of the Jacksons and can't stand it when people comment on what they believe is nasty. So, instead of attacking me directly, they attack me indirectly. Whatever. I find these types of posts funny.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Fans are always the same.
TV shows always claim they will have a MJ perfomance or whatever or they make people thing so, and of course it is a false claim all the time, but still fans want it to be true and then they start being disappointed or to defend MJ if he doesn't go to these shows.

George Michael had one of the most succesufull tour of the last 2 years after 15 years of doing more or less nothing, it was a sold out tour all over the places with very little pubblicity and had the best review all over the media with no exeption.
Now he is propoting a live cd coming out in the States, so good for him to have chosen AI to promote it.

Paula Simon and Randy never trashed mj, I have never heard them say anything bad about him. MJ has always been a goal for Idol since they claim they will have a MJ week or perfomance every year. It is clear that MJ doesn't want to show up in any case if he doesn't have anything to promote.
He didn't go to any show for T25, why should he show up for nothing?

Last edited:
I'm with you. I hope he doesn't show up. It's just so lame, in my opinion (that's for all the people who have a heart attack if I don't tack that on). I don't think he will show up, in all honesty. I just don't. The show is losing steam and there's so many other things Michael could do. He could have his own special even.

No one had a heart attack. :lol:

Is it really losing steam? I thought it was still massive in the US. In Australia the show is deffo losing steam, but that's due to crap "talent".

A Family show would be good. Like the Jacksons Variety Show or something.

But the Jackson Family Honors in 1994 was a disaster :huh:

This post was directly to me, marnifrances. I find it amusing that when someone states an opinion on why she feels that some fans take things to seriously, that person is accused of not "accepting" people's opinions. The same type of fans that defend sick lifestyles because they are idol worshippers of the Jacksons and can't stand it when people comment on what they believe is nasty. So, instead of attacking me directly, they attack me indirectly. Whatever. I find these types of posts funny.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. :cheeky:

but still fans want it to be true and then they start being disappointed or to defend MJ if he doesn't go to these shows.
LOL you'll find most,if not all, those ""defending"" Mike's no show were already opposed to it from the beginning.

it's very bitterly tempting to say "fans are always the same",,, it's alright, i feel you
f_hug.gif
but just hold back for 1min, think about it then let logic sink in.

I agree with everything you stated. I enjoyed the finale last night.

Peoples lifestyle are their personal affairs and if they are not breaking any laws they have a right to conduct it the way they chose. MJ has been persecuted for his own lifestyle because of bigotry and intolerance. We should all learn from it.
When my brother went to Africa for the first time to visit his intended mother-in-law, he was tramatised and he broke up from his african girl friend because he couldn't accept the mothers lifestyle.There was a conflict of culture.

He expected to see a british lifestyle in Africa. he was intolerant and his girlfriend broke up with him. It was his loss. We don't have to condemn or pass judgement on things because they don't measure up to our standards. But we can try to understand.

LOL you'll find most,if not all, those ""defending"" Mike's no show were already opposed to it from the beginning.

it's very bitterly tempting to say "fans are always the same",,, it's alright, i feel you
f_hug.gif
but just hold back for 1min, think about it then let logic sink in.

Yep, of course those who are defending mj is because they didn't want him to go to the show and viceversa those who are disappointed is because they wanted him to go to the show, but the fact is.... there is nothing to be upset or happy about, it is obvious MJ would have never showed up on AI...

but the fact is.... there is nothing to be upset or happy about, it is obvious MJ would have never showed up on AI...
not at all obvious - he could have had at least one new song up his sleeve, or just performed an oldie for the sake of T25.

of course, that's only generally speaking (as it would have been very unlikely from the wacky 'hints' Paula gave us this year and the record of AI's promotional lies). unless that's what you mean?

So he didn't show up...boo hoo, we all knew that he wasn't going to anyway.
Come on, it's Michael Jackson not Chris Brown...why the hell would MICHAEL F'ING JACKSON show up on AI?!

Last edited:
don't be fooled, the power of 30-odd million viewers per year (in US alone) has brought many legends on the show however much it lacks in class.

that's not to say it was obvious he would show up this year (or the year before it, and year before that etc.) - far from it - but i wouldn't completely rule it out for Mike.

happy so far though lol

don't be fooled, the power of 30-odd million viewers per year (in US alone) has brought many legends on the show however much it lacks in class.

that's not to say it was obvious he would show up this year (or the year before it, and year before that etc.) - far from it - but i wouldn't completely rule it out for Mike.

happy so far though lol

Very much agreed. :yes:

not at all obvious - he could have had at least one new song up his sleeve, or just performed an oldie for the sake of T25.

of course, that's only generally speaking (as it would have been very unlikely from the wacky 'hints' Paula gave us this year and the record of AI's promotional lies). unless that's what you mean?

Yep!
Actually it was obvious to me, I think I am used of people claiming an MJ performance just to get the attention of the pubblicum.
I know that if there is nothing new to promote we can easily stay calm, there won't be any MJ apperance on any show.

happy so far though lol

I hear what your saying, but when has Michael Jackson ever done what everybody else is doing. For that reason alone, I can see him never gracing the American Idol stage.

As to the 30-odd million viewers, I TRULY believe that Michael can pull that number all by himself, IF he ever decided to do a network special. I mean, IF he were to do a show in Vegas, one of the networks would love to broadcast that joint (live or recorded), because in my opinion, they would hit the ratings motherlode. LOL! And they all know it.

I hear what your saying, but when has Michael Jackson ever done what everybody else is doing.
very true, and that's where i keep a lot of faith. but you have to wonder just how tempting it must be.

but as wbss pointed out, the numbers are really going down now, so...

Yep!
Actually it was obvious to me, I think I am used of people claiming an MJ performance just to get the attention of the pubblicum.
I know that if there is nothing new to promote we can easily stay calm, there won't be any MJ apperance on any show.
oh right ok. i'm a bit more hesitant to predict his moves, and still riding on his mysterious and secretive complex so i'd still wouldn't be too sure on these things.

oh right ok. i'm a bit more hesitant to predict his moves, and still riding on his mysterious and secretive complex so i'd still wouldn't be too sure on these things.

Well, just think he deleted some performances in the past (at least I remeber so) only because it was leaked he was going on the show ... so, if he will come it will be a real surprise.

Yep, of course those who are defending mj is because they didn't want him to go to the show and viceversa those who are disappointed is because they wanted him to go to the show, but the fact is.... there is nothing to be upset or happy about, it is obvious MJ would have never showed up on AI...

Exactly.....

Amazon Movers & Shakers - Past 24 Hours (Updated Hourly)

May 22, 9:00PST

#1 - George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1 (2,234% Increase In Sales)
#2 - George Michael - Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best of George Michael (2,179% Increase In Sales)
#3 - George Michael - TwentyFive (1,375% Increase In Sales)
#4 - George Michael - Faith (881% Increase In Sales)
#6 - George Michael - TwentyFive (876% Increase In Sales)

No matter what people think of American Idol or the performers who appear on it, the series remains one of the most powerful promotional mediums on television. :yes: Last night, some 31.7 million viewers tuned in.

Last edited:

happy so far though lol

That's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back