MJ Nomination - 2010 BRIT Awards! [Live tonight.. Feb 16th ]

This Is It

Proud Member
MJ has a nomination for the UK's BRIT Awards, celebrating their 30th anniversary.

The launch show is on TV in a bit but the nominations are already online.

Anyway, it's for BRITs Performance of 30th Years (Earth Song, 1996, the one where Jarvis Cocker stormed the stage):

Bee Gees - Stayin’ Alive/How Deep is Your Love (1997), Bros - I Owe You Nothing (1989), Coldplay - Clocks (2003), Eurythmics & Stevie Wonder - Angel (1999), Girls Aloud - The Promise (2009), Kanye West - Gold Digger (2006), Kylie Minogue - Can’t Get You Out of My Head (2002), Michael Jackson - Earth Song (1996), Paul McCartney - Live & Let Die (2008), Pet Shop Boys - Go West (1994), Robbie Williams & Tom Jones - The Full Monty Medley (1998), Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama (2005), Spice Girls - Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are (1997), Take That - Beatles Medley I Wanna Hold Your Hand/Hard Day’s Night/She Loves Me (1994), The Who - Who Are You (1988)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...achine-Lady-Gaga-head-head.html#ixzz0czWrncGY

Re: MJ Nomination - 2010 BRIT Awards!

oh dear. lets hope this is one thing he doesnt win. considering how they the whitewashed him when he was here u can bet he will win now

The nominations for the rest of the awards are on at 8pm on ITV2. Hopefully he'll score a best international male nomination.

They are all doing it so I am sure they will get one in.

The nominations for the rest of the awards are on at 8pm on ITV2. Hopefully he'll score a best international male nomination.

He hasn't - if you read the link you'll see the rest of the nominees -

British Male Solo Artist; Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal, Mika Island, Paolo Nutini, Robbie Williams

British Female Solo Artist; Bat for Lashes, Florence And The Machine, Leona Lewis, Lily Allen, Pixie Lott

British Breakthrough Act; Florence And The Machine, Friendly Fires, JLS, La Roux, Pixie Lott

British Group; Doves, Friendly Fires, JLS, Kasabian, Muse

MasterCard British Album; Dizzee Rascal - Tongue 'n’ Cheek, Florence And The Machine - Lungs, Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum, Lily Allen - It’s Not Me, It’s You, Paolo Nutini - Sunny Side Up

British Single; Alesha Dixon - Breathe, Alexandra Burke Ft Flo Rida - Bad Boys, Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love, Joe McElderry - The Climb, JLS - Beat Again, La Roux - In For The Kill, Lily Allen - The Fear, Pixie Lott - Mama Do, Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart, Tinchy Stryder Ft N-Dubz - Number 1

International Male Solo Artist; Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jay-Z, Michael Bublé, Seasick Steve

International Female Solo Artist; Lady Gaga, Ladyhawke, Norah Jones, Rihanna, Shakira

International Breakthrough Act; Animal Collective, Daniel Merriweather, Empire of the Sun, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift

International Album; Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion, Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D., Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream, Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3, Lady Gaga - The Fame

Another Brits nom for Gobby Robbie - gobsmacked!!

They took the p*ss for years now they're falling over themselves handing out made up gongs that don't mean jack**it..GETT OFF!

Another Brits nom for Gobby Robbie - gobsmacked!!

They took the p*ss for years now they're falling over themselves handing out made up gongs that don't mean jack**it..GETT OFF!

Well the Brits are the Robbie awards after all!!!!! The best performance one is voted by the public from the 23rd of Feb on www.itv.com/brits so as soon as this date hits VOTE FOR MICHAEL!!!!!!

^^
Thanks - haven't seen it in a while.

I know a certain Mr. Cocker won't be voting for Michael!

Ack, if he wins this it's gonna sound like they made up they award just to give something to him.

Anyway, I think it would be great if Michael won..., controversy or not... its about and for Michael.

I hope Michael wins too! I can't wait for the voting to begin :))

It's a lose lose situation. If he doesn't win it all the fans will be up in arms and if he doesn't win everyone else will be saying it was given to him :(

I hope he wins, it kicks all the other nominee's arses.

International Male Solo Artist; Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jay-Z, Michael Bublé, Seasick Steve
Umm, how is Michael not nominated for this category...and who the hell is "Seasick Steve?!"

Seasick steve???? who is that?

Lol. Seasick steve is this homeless dude with a recording contract, i think. His music is pretty... interesting.
And does mj really need another award that people are pretty much going to dismiss as being given to him because he's died?
It's good he's been nominated for best performance. Earthsong too.

I registered and logged in on the brits site but I was unable to find Michael.....

Can you help me to locate him, please? :help:

Umm, how is Michael not nominated for this category...and who the hell is "Seasick Steve?!"

Last night, the nominees for the 30th anniversary BRIT Awards 2010 were announced to celebrate and showcase the diversity of British and International music talent from the past year's big releases.

Coming out on top with her hugely successful second album 'It's Not Me, It's You' Lily Allen takes three nominations for British Female Solo Artist, MasterCard British Album and British Single of the Year for 'The Fear'. It was also confirmed that Lily will perform live on the night.

"It's a huge honour for me to have my music recognised in this way by the Brits," said Lily on hearing the news. "I already have some really strong ideas for my performance and I'm so excited to appear at the awards".

Leading the international categories Empire of the Sun receive two nods for International Breakthrough Act and International Album.

As previously announced, the culmination of The BRIT Awards 2010 ceremony will see Robbie Williams presented with the highly coveted Outstanding Contribution to Music Award as well as receiving a nomination for Best Male Solo Artist, the award he's already won four times in the past. Robbie will close the 2010 show with what promises to be a stunning live performance.

The big night out in the British music calendar will take place at London's Earls Court Arena hosted by Peter Kay on Tuesday, 16 February and televised live in the UK on ITV1.

Have you seen the advert with Mel B?.. isn't there a program on Saturday showing the best BRIT performances? She mentions Michael at the beginning.

On Saturday 23rd January, ITV1 will broadcast ‘The BRITs Hits 30’. This anniversary programme is unique in that it celebrates The BRIT Awards reaching its 30th year by viewing some memorable performances that the public can then vote on through ITV.com/brits and GM.TV.

The UK’s recorded music industry association, the BPI, announces today that Spice Girl ‘Mel B’ will be hosting this ITV show that will turn back the clock with stunning performances from the likes of: Kylie, Scissor Sisters, The Bee Gees, Eurythmics, The Spice Girls, Bros, The Who, Coldplay, Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Take That, Robbie Williams dueting with Tom Jones, The Pet Shop Boys, Girls Aloud and of course Michael Jackson.

The TV audience will then be asked to vote for their favourite performance by going to itv.com/brits or gm.tv up until February 5th when the voting window will close. The winner will then be invited to the BRITs on Tuesday 16th February at Earls Court, London to accept their award. "MOST MEMORABLE BRITs PERFORMANCE of 30 years"

Ged Doherty, Chairman of the BRITs said:

“Reaching 30 years is a phenomenal achievement for The BRITs. By improving the experience for the Voting Academy, revamping the website and having a primetime 30th anniversary televised show on the 9th Jan to kick off the celebrations, we really are in shape to make this year a truly memorable occasion.”

http://www.brits.co.uk/news/2010/‘the-brits-hits-30’-special-saturday-23rd-january-itv1

I'm fairly sure you need to have released an album within the last year in order to qualify for nomination.

the ending of this performance is magic, he deserves to win.

the ending of this performance is magic, he deserves to win.

The winner will then be invited to the BRITs on Tuesday 16th February at Earls Court, London to accept their award. "MOST MEMORABLE BRITs PERFORMANCE of 30 years"

Agreed
If only he could be there to collect it......

Back