My religion teacher sexually abused two girls...

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
in my class...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/03/14/religion-teacher-facing-jail-after-using-web-to-seduce-pupil-86908-22110144/

Religion teacher facing jail after using web to seduce pupil

Mar 14 2010 Exclusive by Lynn Mcpherson, Sunday Mail
A RELIGIOUS education teacher at a Catholic secondary school is facing jail after he admitted having sex with a female pupil and sexual misconduct with another.

Kieran Binns groomed one of his two victims through social networking site Bebo before seducing her at his flat when she was just 15.
Yesterday, the girl's mother told of her horror at discovering 22-year-old Binns had "stolen her innocence" after inviting her to watch DVDs in his home.

The mum, who can't be identified for legal reasons, said: "She was a virgin when she met Binns. He started staring at her in class and sending messages.

"It was all on Bebo and the police took the memory stick with the messages he sent on it.

"When he asked to meet her, she thought they were going to watch DVDs at his flat. She said she felt stupid and that's why she went along with it.
"At one point, he asked her if she would run away with him."

But after the pair slept together, he turned on the girl.

The mum said: "My daughter told me that after they had sex, he started calling her names and was very insulting. She felt it was all her fault."

Police were called when the second girl's mother intercepted texts from Binns to her daughter's phone and she revealed all when questioned.

The student also mentioned the teacher's involvement with the first pupil.
The mum added: "I got a phone call from the school and they told me my daughter had been involved in an alleged sex act with a male. I was told not to speak to her as the police wanted to hear her story.

"But I asked her gently if there was anything she wanted to tell me. I was stunned when she told me 'I've had sex with a teacher'.

"The police came to talk to her.

Her clothes were taken away in a bag for forensic analysis and she had to undergo a humiliating physical exam.

"She didn't want me there as she was so embarrassed and I had to wait in the next room. I couldn't even comfort her - it was awful.

"My daughter hasn't been the same since. She is very withdrawn and has sleepless nights.

"I am still so angry - not with the school, as there's no way they could have known.

"But he completely abused his position of responsibility. I hope it hasn't caused problems that will follow her for the rest of her life. She had great exam results before this but they have gone downhill."

Binns, of Edinburgh, who was on a work placement at the school while doing a teacher-training course at Glasgow University, has been placed on the sex offenders' register and will not work in education again.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court earlier this month, he pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl and lewd and libidinous practices towards another of the same age. He will be sentenced on March 26.
Binns met the two girls in November 2008 while they were fourth-year pupils at the school.

The sex offences he pleaded guilty to were committed in January and February last year.

The mum of the second girl abused by Binns said: "I was horrified when I found out what was happening. He had access to children and completely abused his position.

"I also discovered he had taken my daughter to a pub.

"When I discovered the texts he had sent my daughter, I sent one back saying I was her mum and he was in big trouble.

"He texted me back and said, 'If you do anything, you'll ruin my life'.

"Then I got a text to the effect that he said his family were loaded and they could afford the best lawyers."

Binns has been on bail since his arrest last year and is living in Edinburgh with his mother. He declined to comment yesterday.

His pleas of not guilty to two other charges were accepted by the court. One was a further charge of unlawful sex with a girl aged between 13 and 16. The other was a charge of abusing a position of trust by a person over 18 having sex with a person under 18.

As a teaching student at Glasgow University, Binns would have been fully vetted before his school placement.

He was in the third year of his course so would have been left with pupils unsupervised, as is normal for trainee teachers at that stage.
A spokeswoman for Glasgow City Council said: "This individual was a Glasgow University student. The school co-operated fully with the police during the investigation."

Glasgow University confirmed that Binns had been a student until 2009.

why do I feel like I have read/heard this story like a hundred times!? :no: poor girls :(

The world we live in is so sick sometimes.. I wish strength to the girls and their families, this is just horrible.

When I hear stories like this I just feel like giving the girls a hug. :no:

:no: So sad, poor girls.

Binns, of Edinburgh, who was on a work placement at the school while doing a teacher-training course at Glasgow University, has been placed on the sex offenders' register and will not work in education again.

-----

As a teaching student at Glasgow University, Binns would have been fully vetted before his school placement.

He was in the third year of his course so would have been left with pupils unsupervised, as is normal for trainee teachers at that stage.
A spokeswoman for Glasgow City Council said: "This individual was a Glasgow University student. The school co-operated fully with the police during the investigation."

What an idiot.

Obviously looking at criminal background isn't enough.

Last edited:
I feel sick when i hear things like this! :( I hope to god the poor girls and there families are ok and can make it through this, lives still intact! :heart:

It made me cry. One of them is my friend (not a close one).

I remember once he YELLED ; "Don't have sex before 16!!" And now that I think back; he was looking at one of the girls when he yelled it.

I remember I thought he was attractive too...

He left our school in 2009, I think.

Last edited:

I remember once he YELLED ; "Don't have sex before 16!!" And now that I think back; he was looking at one of the girls when he yelled it.

Im sorry you have to go through this and sorry everyone hurt by this has to. How can one person hurt and damage so many lives! :(

Im sorry you have to go through this and sorry everyone hurt by this has to. How can one person hurt and damage so many lives! :(

Sigh.

Eww. I'm soo angry now. :angry: I can't believe that man taught me, talked to me, touched my hand, my shoulder and even once yelled at me! :doh:

Well...

If I knew what he was doing at the time, I would have PUNCHED HIM FLAT OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CLASS. :bugeyed

*calm*

horrible. it's good the girls have come forward and he won't be able to harm anyone again.

*hugs to you*

See I thought a teacher at my school was attractive, he wasn't a student on placement, he was an actual teacher.. he taught Physical Ed. He was young too.. in late 20's/early 30's . A lot of the girls thought he was good looking, and he knew it, he even kind of flirted back with some girls who flirted with him. He was head of our year group too, a girl I knew used to write I :heart: (his name) on her hand and one day he saw it and started flirting with her...there were rumours going around about them as she used to see him in his office quite a bit (she used to go to him with her problems/get into trouble purposely) but she wouldn't speak about it to me she'd just smile if we asked. He ended up having an affair with one of the female teachers (they were both married and he had kids).. and she left the school.

My point is it doesn't matter if anyone thought he was attractive, enjoyed the attention from him, or even agreed to go watch DVDs at his home... he shouldn't have abused his position of authority. He should know right from wrong. I know he'd just come out of Uni but he still should have realised how he was taking advantage of his trusted position.

My cousin had a knock on the door from police recently that brought her world crashing down and ended her marriage. That was the first time she found out that her husband had been sleeping with one of his pupils since the girl was 13, she is 19 now and he has moved in with her since the news came out. My cousin had been married to him for 4 years, and they have a baby and a 3 yr old.. so it had been going on throughout all that. There has been no news on what is happening to him. My cousin is destroyed and I feel like punching him and I'm not even a violent person.

This sort of thing happened to me once when I was about 18- no way as bad but the teacher in question showed inappropriate behaviour towards me. I put in a complaint against but withdrew it due to pressure from my family. He didn't touch me but made me feel extremely uncomfortable by the way he acted towards me. all too common a story it sadly seems.

I'm really sorry for you and your friend. Just awful- but hopefully with right help and support these two girls will be able to go on to live full, happy lives again.

Oh wow, that's horrible. I'm sorry for those girls and for you. Hope everything will be ok and nobody is permanently damaged by this. :hug:

See I thought a teacher at my school was attractive, he wasn't a student on placement, he was an actual teacher.. he taught Physical Ed. He was young too.. in late 20's/early 30's . A lot of the girls thought he was good looking, and he knew it, he even kind of flirted back with some girls who flirted with him. He was head of our year group too, a girl I knew used to write I :heart: (his name) on her hand and one day he saw it and started flirting with her...there were rumours going around about them as she used to see him in his office quite a bit (she used to go to him with her problems/get into trouble purposely) but she wouldn't speak about it to me she'd just smile if we asked. He ended up having an affair with one of the female teachers (they were both married and he had kids).. and she left the school.

My point is it doesn't matter if anyone thought he was attractive, enjoyed the attention from him, or even agreed to go watch DVDs at his home... he shouldn't have abused his position of authority. He should know right from wrong. I know he'd just come out of Uni but he still should have realised how he was taking advantage of his trusted position.

My cousin had a knock on the door from police recently that brought her world crashing down and ended her marriage. That was the first time she found out that her husband had been sleeping with one of his pupils since the girl was 13, she is 19 now and he has moved in with her since the news came out. My cousin had been married to him for 4 years, and they have a baby and a 3 yr old.. so it had been going on throughout all that. There has been no news on what is happening to him. My cousin is destroyed and I feel like punching him and I'm not even a violent person.

I'm so sorry to hear that about your cousin. :no:

I'm sorry for you and you're classmates to have to experience such a thing :better:

Rockin - I'm also very sad for you and ecspecially for you're cusin! Noone needs to be treated that way!

Remember: It's important that you talk about it. That helps you deal with the experience :yes:

I just don't understand why someone would do this. A criminal record, ruined career, loss of friends and trust from those around you...plus, it ruins so many lives. Why are some people so selfish? That's what it boils down to really...he's a h***y young man who lusts over younger girls and takes it that step further. It's really sad!

I don't understand why teachers would sleep with pupils-it destroys your career. Something similar happened at my school as a French teacher slept with a 17 year old student a few years ago. He put an end to the relationship and she told her parents what had happened; her father just happened to be the chief inspector for Dorset Police. He went to jail for six months, can never teach again, and was placed on the sex offenders register.

Eugh sick.

Reminds me of this PE teacher we had. Once we got to sixth form he slept with 3 girls from my year that I know of. I mean, wtf. That's just dodgy.

Eugh sick.

Reminds me of this PE teacher we had. Once we got to sixth form he slept with 3 girls from my year that I know of. I mean, wtf. That's just dodgy.

OMG same my P.E Teacher Mr Sampson used to always walk into the Girls locker room and he even had a relationship with one of the Girls :no: I'm just glad there Isn't any Catholic Priests teaching R.E in Schools :D @the OP such a shame what happened to your friend though, i hope shes ok :)

It scares the hell outta me.

It makes me look around at the rest of our males teachers and wonder... "who else could be?..."

Back