New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Another Sony-MJ release // It's nice that they will honor MJ's 50th b/day
I guess we have to give Sony some more time to increase their revenues
Our bank accounts for buying cds will be depleted /
01-dollars-animation.gif

This will further delay any release of MJ's new cd //

sony should just release BAD TOUR on DVD!!
or just release those hundreds of unreleased songs!
who wants to hear some not up to MJ standard artists singing MJ's songs??

Last edited:

They should release several concers from both the Bad and Dangerous tours.

I don't think any of us are in a possition to say whether this will delay any new release from Michael. We don't know if he's signed to any lable, let alone Sony. And if he is or does sign with Sony, the release of a tribute CD shouldn't have any impact on a new release. It won't be able to compete.

Last edited:

Here we go again.....
let's see if we can get the fans to buy all the differrent versions from the 100+ countries.
Then make them buy another 100 with additional hidden tracks.

If you excuse me I'm just gonna go throw up :puke:

Hmmm...If fans buy these albums. Sony will get money,right. but MJ also got some. Isn't it?
I will buy it. Still. Not because i'm a stupid fans who buy albums w/ the same songs over and over again but i just love to collect it

what i love the most is i'll have different MJ picts (cover) coz here in my country,its not so much available so its always great to see MJ CDs on the record store. coz i never interested to any other artist's record

would be much smarter to use the publicity of MJ's 50th Bday to release his OWN NEW CD.. not another of these re-release or tribute cover song CDs. Sony will be Sony.

Which fans are they working with? Coz they ain't working with us. :lol:

And I don't see them putting it together in time for August. Just another rumour. :)

sexysearchjj3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Letter to Sony:

Hearing a rumor of an additional Michael Jackson re-release in time for his 50th birthday, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a Michael Jackson fan is expecting. A NEW MOTHER F'ing CD. You dumb fucks. We all have at least seven versions of Thriller. Two versions of all the other albums (off the wall - Bad) Then there are the vinyl versions, the cassette formats, the singles, CD singles, Cassette singles, we have the ringles. What could you possibly turn out and expect us to shell out a couple ten spots for? I know, let's re-visit the 8track. Release his entire catalogue on 8track tape you dumb greedy fucks!

You want to know what we want on the 'tribute *cough*suck the fans dry*cough* CD'? NEW TRACKS you ignorant b itches

Cheers thanks alot
signed,
a feeling a little used Michael Jackson Fan

Letter to Sony:

Hearing a rumor of an additional Michael Jackson re-release in time for his 50th birthday, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a Michael Jackson fan is expecting. A NEW MOTHER F'ing CD. You dumb fucks. We all have at least seven versions of Thriller. Two versions of all the other albums (off the wall - Bad) Then there are the vinyl versions, the cassette formats, the singles, CD singles, Cassette singles, we have the ringles. What could you possibly turn out and expect us to shell out a couple ten spots for? I know, let's re-visit the 8track. Release his entire catalogue on 8track tape you dumb greedy fucks!

You want to know what we want on the 'tribute *cough*suck the fans dry*cough* CD'? NEW TRACKS you ignorant b itches

Cheers thanks alot
signed,

Don't hold back. Now tell us how you really feel. lol.

Letter to Sony:

Cheers thanks alot
signed,

Man I couldn't stop laughing hahaha.

But seriously now I wonder who the tribute artists are going to be?

gotta love how on MJJC you can say the F word and it doesnt **** it out. Classy.

I dont agree with everything you said either. Alot of people are NEW fans and are yet to go back and buy his back catelogue. We arent BORN fans. Something has to trigger out love of MJ music. I know the 2001 re-releases at the same time as 30th Anniversary and Invincible definately helped me and developing my fandom for MJ.

But i do agree its fair enough that in the last few years ENOUGH greatest hits, sampling, remake, etc pieces of music for MJ have come out. Why not just promote his already existing back catelogue for his Bday... or even better, hit T25 up with some new promo to sell a few hundred thousand more copies! Afterall that is his "current" release (even if it is 25 years old)

MJ fan's #1 priority in regards to music is a NEW Michael Jackson album. They dont seem to realise that greatest hits dont excite us, but the opposite - cause hatred and arguements and anger within the fan communities.

What exactly will this thing include?

Repackaged MJ stuff... or... people singing MJ songs?

Last edited:

Why are people getting all heated when this hasn't even been confirmed by Sony? Again I ask: Which fans are they working with, coz it certainly ain't us. And does anyone really expect to have this recorded (or put together) and packaged and promoted in time for August?

PS. nothing against the blog writer, I just don't see this happening in time for August is all. I'll eat my words if it does though. ;)

Last edited:

I'm not sure if this CD would contain songs by other artist. What I'm aware of that the local Sony managements will do polls among the Fans about which songs they would have on the given country's release.

I'm not sure if this CD would contain songs by other artist. What I'm aware of that the local Sony managements will do polls among the Fans about which songs they would have on the given country's release.

Thanks for the additional information. :)

i find it hard to believe without a source link or evidence.

if they're working with us..its our time 2 demand and request some concerts and unreleased songs lol!..it better not be another re-release...ugh even if it is i know im still gonna buy it lol but still sheesh

Last edited:

let's bombard SONY with our demand on MICHAEL JACKSON LIVE 1988!!! Since they love to release old stuff, why not this treassure?

Together we are strong. We may be heard this time??

Thats stupider than a tribute album. Mean Sony are going to try and sell us the same stuff. I guess its safe to say that MJs new album wont be released this year as Sony wont have MJ compete with himself.

Does anyone really expect to have this recorded (or put together) and packaged and promoted in time for August?
If Sony have the packaging done already they could have it out by August. Remember Sony slaps this stuff together without much effort so...........

Regardless, it's not something that excites me at all. I'm not interested in hearing other artists sing Michael's songs especially when it's more than likely that their covers wont be as good as the original. Only thing I'm interested in is hearing new material from Michael and I think a lot of fans feel the same way. Enough w/Sony trying to capatilize on his past glory, it's time for something new.
Would you prefer of Sony ignores Michael's birthday and do nothing at all? Would that make you all happy? I can never understand why fans complain about rereleases. It is simply. DO NOT BUY IT if you dn't want it.
Let Sony honour MJ's birthday, he is their beest selling artist. If you don't want to join them in the celebration, don't throw cold water on it. Geese.

Wow some of ya'll are cut throat,lol, just shut down the tribute CD. We don't really KNOW what it will be do we??

Sure Sony has done Mike and the fans dirty....BUT i think we should remember this year is a year of celebration for MJ. Yes, Sony is making money. Yes, MJ is making money. IMO if there is anytime to let the past go no matter how greedy Sony has been, it is now, this year. So much positive has happened for MJ this year and I am not gonna let the past ruin my joy in all these wonderful tributes and honors going on.

I think some peeps need to take a step back, look around and enjoy the view...it's quite beautiful!!
Chile, you talk too much sense.:cheers::cheers:

Come to think of it, hell why not just start boycott these re-releases that sony makes us keep buying in the name of MJ. In the past I've been supporting MJ with all his greatest hits releases, same with T25. Knowing that his current re-release T25 actually means alot for Michael hans his future career i bought 8 copies of it. And the fact that he actually was involved in the making process i felt that I needed to support him.

He's deserved the succsess of the new re-release because of how he has been treated and portrayed by the media and public in the last few years, and I felt that I could HELP him gain some respect again by buying multiplie copies, so that his new studio album would be a huge success. I'm sure my fellow loyal fans here feel the same.

And now, what do we get, this crappy release? I know we don't offcially know wether it's true or not, but the very idea of it pisses me of.

I bet Mike didn't have anything to do with the previous re-releases except number ones.
So that makes me think of boycotting future greatest hits packages.

I think it's time to show Sony that we don't tolerate them robbing us anymore and stand up against them, I think it's time to unite, all the fan communities together and say NO.

Letter to Sony:

Cheers thanks alot
signed,

Michel Jackson is one of the few artists thq gets new fans all the time. There needs to be rereleases for those new fans. The dumb F's are the ones who go out and buy the album when they already have them.

I had to go get my collection cause I never had any. I will not buy any records unless I want to buy it, nobody forces me to buy. Why go and buy and then complain about it. MJ will put out his music when he is good and ready, and not before, Sony has nothing to do with that. I think it is a very nice gesture for sony to consider doing something for MJ's birthday.
Thank god, the majority of MJ fans do not frequent message boards.

Last edited:

Come to think of it, hell why not just start boycott these re-releases that sony makes us keep buying in the name of MJ. In the past I've been supporting MJ with all his greatest hits releases, same with T25. Knowing that his current re-release T25 actually means alot for Michael hans his future career i bought 8 copies of it. And the fact that he actually was involved in the making process i felt that I needed to support him.
f_laugh.gif
just.. why?

you know a few fans buying more than one copy of an album has an extremely negligible effect on its success. another thing, a 'fan boycott' will also have the same effect on sales - jack sh*t.

i can only feel pity for those who moan about this sort of thing.

also if this is in fact true, i feel the OP may have added in the 'Tribute CD' phrase themselves, so it seems like this may not be what most of us think/thought but just another compilation maybe. in which case i'm not buying, because no one can make me lol

though previously unheard material would nice. an actual tribute album would be great actually.

He's deserved the succsess of the new re-release because of how he has been treated and portrayed by the media and public in the last few years, and I felt that I could HELP him gain some respect again by buying multiplie copies, so that his new studio album would be a huge success. I'm sure my fellow loyal fans here feel the same.

And now, what do we get, this crappy release? I know we don't offcially know wether it's true or not, but the very idea of it pisses me of.

I bet Mike didn't have anything to do with the previous re-releases except number ones.
So that makes me think of boycotting future greatest hits packages.

I think it's time to show Sony that we don't tolerate them robbing us anymore and stand up against them, I think it's time to unite, all the fan communities together and say NO.
That would work if the majority of MJ fans were frequenting message boards. I doubt we on fan boards have much impact on MJ sales. How many of us are there? A few thousands?

I think this is a bad idea. No more re-releases. MJ must be the re-release king? I would rather wait until the all new material album comes out..

No not again, it's nice to see people are interested in michael and cover his songs, but I wanna see some new material.
New material will come from Michael. The tribute will come from other artists. The 2 are not the same. I am always surfing Utube to find artists singing MJ songs. I would love to have a tribute album. I remember buying one of Elvis, so I think it is a mark of respect that other artists want to sing MJ songs. I love it,.

People are angry because they think Sony is trying to bleed Michael's back catalog dry before he gets full ownership of his masters back, rendering any compilation packages he might want to release in the future less valuable.

It is kind of lame, when you think about it.

BTW Whats the source of this. Some fans blog??? Then this is just a rumour!

Back