New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

I want a DVD of the Bad Tour, or at least the Victory tour in Dallas!
:( not a cd...

It is kind of lame, when you think about it.
not if they bring me something worthwhile while Mike is in the backroom. a few good covers deserve my money, and so would some previously unheard/unseen ish. otherwise, it's really not worth throwing a fit over it!

I'm not throwing a fit. I was just pointing out why some people are angry at Sony over this.

Personally, the only person I want to hear sing a Michael Jackson song is Michael Jackson. I'll skip on this if it's released.

i didn't imply you did - see underlined hyperlink lol

but yes, the point is to just... skip it if you don't like it LOL some folk are going on bout it as if Sony are luring them into buying it or something
f_doh.gif

as for making future releases/compilation less valuable, i don't really agree with that either.

Mike, just get your genius arse out soon.

Last edited:

If it's a tribute CD with other artists covering Michael's songs, I won't buy it as hate hearing people cover Michael's music because it's impossible for anybody no matter how great there vocals are to do a decent version of an original Michael Jackson song.

I want a DVD of the Bad Tour, or at least the Victory tour in Dallas!
:( not a cd...

I'd love the Bad Tour from 1988 on high quality DVD, or an official DVD release of the Victory Tour. Sony have no say in the release of those tours on DVD unless Michael wants to officially release them.

I'd also prefer a DVD release then CD, but I'd still be excited by a CD release if was something rare or unreleased.

Last edited:

it's impossible for anybody no matter how great there vocals are to do a decent version of an original Michael Jackson song.
that makes absolutely no logical sense unless you just don't like to hear anyone but Michael. melodies are a universal thing.

just psychological..

There's some songs some people can sing, but majority wise, Michael has such a distinct style and a unique style, you really can't copy it at all. Of course, any good vocalist wouldn't try, lol. It is pyscological. But it's like, you hear a cover of a Michael song and all you can think of is how lame their voice sounds compared to his, or just how unnatural it sounds on the track, lol. His songs are usually so suited to his voice and style. At least, that's always been my experience.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ten characters just to post a simple smiley, lol.
LOL

anyways it kinda sounds sucky unless they go all out and release the bad tour and stuff and other unreleased material that has not been leaked on the net and so on otherwise I dont give a poop about another greatest hits cd :no:

There's some songs some people can sing, but majority wise, Michael has such a distinct style and a unique style, you really can't copy it at all.
that's usually the point of a good cover
f_winkeye.gif

there'll always be that comparative bit in the brain when i listen to covers, but i just hear it for what it is - an artist taking on a song that somebody else wrote. no doubt some'll throw in a subtle nod to Mike here or there but i can never rule out outside artists not doing a good job of any song they feel like covering. especially if they're unique themselves, which is what should be the criteria of success. of course it isn't lol

I agree with that arXter. Michael doesn't mind it, unlike Prince, who gets mad any time someone covers one of his songs, lol. The other problem I have is, most of Michael's music is really personal, either figuratively or litterally, either highlighting his ideals or his experiences, so it's hard to except it actually being sung by someone other then him.

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm was a good cover and they didnt need the vocals to pull it off. Although they also gave a nod to MJ with some vocals.

Last edited:

Oh man, I hated that cover. That's one song I'm saying nobody should even consider touching.

Come to think of it, hell why not just start boycott these re-releases that sony makes us keep buying in the name of MJ. In the past I've been supporting MJ with all his greatest hits releases, same with T25. Knowing that his current re-release T25 actually means alot for Michael hans his future career i bought 8 copies of it. And the fact that he actually was involved in the making process i felt that I needed to support him.

He's deserved the succsess of the new re-release because of how he has been treated and portrayed by the media and public in the last few years, and I felt that I could HELP him gain some respect again by buying multiplie copies, so that his new studio album would be a huge success. I'm sure my fellow loyal fans here feel the same.

And now, what do we get, this crappy release? I know we don't offcially know wether it's true or not, but the very idea of it pisses me of.

I bet Mike didn't have anything to do with the previous re-releases except number ones.
So that makes me think of boycotting future greatest hits packages.

I think it's time to show Sony that we don't tolerate them robbing us anymore and stand up against them, I think it's time to unite, all the fan communities together and say NO.
hey, i bought 8 copies of thriller 25 too because of the reasons you stated and i absolutely agree with what you've said.

If it's a tribute CD with other artists covering Michael's songs, I won't buy it as hate hearing people cover Michael's music because it's impossible for anybody no matter how great there vocals are to do a decent version of an original Michael Jackson song.

I'd love the Bad Tour from 1988 on high quality DVD, or an official DVD release of the Victory Tour. Sony have no say in the release of those tours on DVD unless Michael wants to officially release them.

I'd also prefer a DVD release then CD, but I'd still be excited by a CD release if was something rare or unreleased.
Michael wants his songs to live. The only way it will live is if other artist sings them I get extreme pleasure watching the fans of other artist go crazy when they sing an MJ song. I don't care if it doesn't sound like MJ. I care that they think well enough of it to sing it. It is reall fun watching other artist stuggle to reach those high notes. It shows the audience just how great MJ os. I love every minute of it. I search the Utube for tribute artists all the while. They are showing respect to MJ. :D

its an unwritten law but no one should sing MJ songs if their gonna be poop :(

what i'd do to hear Stevie finally record I Can't Help It, though. never would happen on a Sony tribute CD however lol

Would you prefer of Sony ignores Michael's birthday and do nothing at all? Would that make you all happy? I can never understand why fans complain about rereleases. It is simply. DO NOT BUY IT if you dn't want it.
Let Sony honour MJ's birthday, he is their beest selling artist. If you don't want to join them in the celebration, don't throw cold water on it. Geese.

Personally I don't like this, but anyone who is willing to buy whatever it is I respect that, but the idea of proffitting off of his birthday is not a nice gesture I think. The worlds largets music company should treat the world best selling artist better than that. That's the best that they could pull off for his 50th birthday? He's made the company billions, yes with a capital B!

I agree with you that we don't HAVE to buy these compilations but as a longtime fan of Michael Jackson, and i think I speak for the rest too, when I say that you want the BEST for Michael and his career, this, and previous moves buy Sony certanly hasn't been the best ones if you ask me. By doing thinks likes this you cheapend the brand that is MICHAEL JACKSON.

what i'd do to hear Stevie finally record I Can't Help It, though. never would happen on a Sony tribute CD however lol

i think I have Stevie's version somewhere

yeah, live but not studio recorded.

i prefer live performances to studio recrdings

Well unfortunately for people who wanna bag out compilation, greatest hits and tribute albums, what more can sony do? MJ ain giving them a new album to release and his Bday IS comin.. its not like theyre not going to take the opportunity to release something. Would have been nice to release his own new studio album for his Bday and ride on the hype of him being 50 to sell and promote it, but he obviously isnt ready just yet.

since there is no official source or statement about any of this, I see absolutely no reason for this to even be an issue. Yall fussin' over nothin in my opinion.

Letting a rumor rile ya up :no:
Shame on all y'all :cute:

and the 'F' word should be filtered ... it could be that the 'F' word with an 's' at the end is not ??

Test: **** fucks

:giggle: I was right *goes to add 'fucks' to filter*

regardless of class or the filter, sometimes you just have to drop an 'F' bomb :lol:

Last edited:

I don't think this is true,but if it is....depending on the artists that will appear on the CD,the album might be cool,or not. :)

i prefer live performances to studio recrdings
i don't have a preference since they're both so different. i'm a keen collector of live albums but find more detail and perfection put into studio albums for obvious reasons. so i'd love to hear what Stevie would make of ICH on a record.

Is there a source link for this Story
the blogger didnt give his source ..

and no one else has reported this story
sheesh I could print anything in my blogg
about MJ and pass it along ..

Where did this come from ????? :scratch:

since there is no official source or statement about any of this, I see absolutely no reason for this to even be an issue. Yall fussin' over nothin in my opinion.

Letting a rumor rile ya up :no:
Shame on all y'all :cute:

and the 'F' word should be filtered ... it could be that the 'F' word with an 's' at the end is not ??

Test: **** *****

:giggle: I was right *goes to add '*****' to filter*

regardless of class or the filter, sometimes you just have to drop an 'F' bomb :lol:

LMAO. :lmao: Bits in bold are VERY important. :giggle:

Because they said there working closely with the fans! We should all ask for things we havent got before!

A concert we havent seen in dvd quality etc! A concert from each tour? Bad at Wembley?

Unreleased tracks from each era!

Or am i just hoping for to much??

Now THAT would be Kick'in~~~

Back