New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Hold My Hand has been held back so long it will now compete with Coldplay's Xmas song and music video "Christmas Lights"

And when did Michael ever have to stand back for anybody else ... and his fans too for that matter.

If any other artist can do it ... then so can Michael ... that's why he has the title of -
"The King of Pop"

Positivity at all times ... because we can do it if we just want to.

It's up to us .... they must just bring out the HMH video ASAP!

Oh & with a little help from Oprah on this occassion ... let's make it work for Michael!!

Last edited:
hold my hand wont be no1 in the uk, to much people read the sun paper which hates michael jackson, and it wont get much airplay as its not electric music, x factor will have a role in whos number 1 and coldplay is loved alot in the uk.. and im sure kylie manough has a song out next week...
But you never know the public might love it without reading or listening to the negativity from media...

48 40 MICHAEL JACKSON Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon) 819 393 426 3.166

Still gaining on POP radio, this may turn out to be a top 40 hit for MJ we just gotta keep requesting the song on the radio.

i asked in hmv last week ,the man said 29th nov,so it,s been pushed back in the u.k till the 6th dec,is that right?thanks.

Yes, it will be released on 5th December (digital) and 6th December (physical CD).

US AIRPLAY UPDATED

MICHAEL JACKSON - Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon): 12.349 (+ 0.460)

Another steady improvement. Another few days of this and it'll be back to where it was a few days ago.

I have read there will be a 12'' also !!!!!! With mixes...... does any of you know more about it, please reply and PM, because I am not online all the time.....

Hold My Hand is now available and promoted on SPOTIFY as well. Hopefully ppl will click on the song, like it and buy it on I-tunes :) Ps, look at the cool background of the album 'Michael'! Yay, hopefully we will see more and more promotion.

spotifymj.png

Last edited:
HMH has dropped to #42 on Canada i-tunes from a peak of #26 early last week.

MJ's Number Ones is #153 (still holding strong), while MICHAEL has dropped to #131 from a peak of #72 last week

I agree with Roosje. IMO, HMH is a better song than TGIM, Cry, OMC and BOTDF. It is classic MJ in that it is simple but hummable.

Give it some time. I remember the hatred for Scream in early 95. There was even a website devoted to it being MJ's worst song. Now that is an MJ classic (I consider it one of his 10 best).

Just wish MJ had laid down an additional verse but the song length is welcomed considering some of the overly long songs on Invincible.

Yeah but Scream was backed up with a video that was the most expensive ever made....HMH hasn't even got a video period! Well yet..

i still have NOT heard it on one single station here in the bay area, california!!!

ugh!

-Dal

Some good nes on 'HMH'

Still on BBC Radio2 playlist ('A' list!) and BBC Radio1 playlist ('C' list), so it will get some good, prime-time, major airplay all this week. It should keep the 'profile' nice and high for when it is released next week.

If we all 'do our bit' and support this single, we should get a 'top 5' single for MJ.

Some good nes on 'HMH'

Still on BBC Radio2 playlist ('A' list!) and BBC Radio1 playlist ('C' list), so it will get some good, prime-time, major airplay all this week. It should keep the 'profile' nice and high for when it is released next week.

If we all 'do our bit' and support this single, we should get a 'top 5' single for MJ.

Lets hope so as last week on Radio 2 despite it being on the A list I heard it only 4 times from Monday - Friday and we listen all day at work from 7am-5pm, it was not played at all on the Tuesday and Thursday during the daytime hours we listen.

As for radio1 it was played twice on the monday that it was released to stations and i never heard it at all the rest of the week and again we listen all day, with a 3 week rota.

This week its Heart Fm week and they are not playing it at all

Lets hope so as last week on Radio 2 despite it being on the A list I heard it only 4 times from Monday - Friday and we listen all day at work from 7am-5pm, it was not played at all on the Tuesday and Thursday during the daytime hours we listen.

As for radio1 it was played twice on the monday that it was released to stations and i never heard it at all the rest of the week and again we listen all day, with a 3 week rota.

This week its Heart Fm week and they are not playing it at all

According to the official Radio2 playlists for last week (they tell you what has been played on each show), you should have have heard it at least 6 times (during 7am-5pm Monday-Friday), so you must have been in the toilet for a couple (LOL). Although you would have heard it 10 times if you had listened slightly earlier (early breakfast show) and slightly later (5.05pm-7pm Simon Mayo 'Drivetime').

Including the 10 times it was played 'prime time' Monday-Friday, it was also played earlier in the morning and later at night, and a few times at the weekend. All this is confirmed by the Radio2 website.

For last week and this week, on BBC Radio2, there should be about 35-40 plays combined. That's excellent for 1 station, and for a song that has not yet been released.

Hold my Hand is at #16 this week in Sweden in the official chart.. (thats good because it was at #34 last week)

Ok, we need one last big push in e-mailing around uk radio stations-we've done really well so far but now is when it really matters, now is the time we can actually get it to the top of the charts. In the uk the download and physical single release come out 5/6th december. E-mail, text, phone, tweet UK Dj's. If you are not in the UK you can help out too online in the same ways. All the details of UK radio shows are on the first page in the sticky "actively promoting-media contacts".

If you're sat there thinking I would like to do that but its going to take me agggeeees, you can always send out group e-mails, rather than sending individual e-mails to each radio show. Make use of the BCC line.

Everyone, keep posting with your progress

haha just got a mention on smooth radio, they played Hold My Hand, keep going people

Back