'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

i ordered mine in october and was guarunteed delivery by xmas. still dont have it

i blame them all to be honest, i blame opus fedex and ticketmaster because it should have been sent 7th december !!!

argh !!!!

After missing them yesterday when they came, It came today. It's amazing, I love it. :wub: To scared to touch it though. :mello: Have a had a little look through but now it's stands tall and proud on a side board in my front room. :)

im so gutted :( i think its more than likely because of weather, im in scotland and the snow has hit travel etc real bad... oh well just need to wait a lil longer

I have mine so I have one more sleep til the Official Opening Ceremony which will take place at stupid-o-clock Christmas morning under appropriate armed guard complete with stage lighting, fanfare, champagne reception. :xmas1:

Dress code - PJ's and a white glove! Woohoo! :smoothcriminal:

I'll come if there is a "After Opening Party"!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered mine in october and was guarunteed delivery by xmas. still dont have it

i blame them all to be honest, i blame opus fedex and ticketmaster because it should have been sent 7th december !!!

argh !!!!

As far as I know TM has nothing to do with the shipments. They just collected the orders and their job was done.

Momma Shannon has been in direct contact with the Opus people and when she emailed them about the concerns fans have been having they explained some of the problems. Here's mainly about the shipping and why some of the books didn't make it to the Christmas, like mine for example, but I am not blaming them. I am sure they have done their best. Sometimes things just doesn't go as planned.

Jeff Wald, The President of Opus
- The shipping problems are simple and beyond anything we or any other manufacturer could control. Some shipments were held up by customs before they even left China. The shipments that landed in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver and the UK were held up by customs in each of those locations for various amounts of time ranging from four to nine days. This is the post 9/11 world and if customs wants to they can burn the shipments at will. Each location they chose to x ray the contents and charged us for the cost of those x rays.

- We are partnered in the process with FedEx the best delivery company in the world. They have relationships with customs in all those locations and the process was speeded up with their help, even though a nine day delay may not seem "speeded up". Remember that this is the Christmas season and we are one of thousands of packages trying to get through customs.

- Once we cleared customs the process went smoothly on the West Coast but ran into blizzard and other weather related problems in other parts of the country.

- The biggest delay took place in the UK where weather delayed the arrival of the ship from China, Customs delayed it some more and then weather contributed to a further delay.

As far as I know TM has nothing to do with the shipments. They just collected the orders and their job was done.

Momma Shannon has been in direct contact with the Opus people and when she emailed them about the concerns fans have been having they explained some of the problems. Here's mainly about the shipping and why some of the books didn't make it to the Christmas, like mine for example, but I am not blaming them. I am sure they have done their best. Sometimes things just doesn't go as planned.

Jeff Wald, The President of Opus

thank you for the update reeta, much appreciated :), its just dissapointing when you are told by email it is guarunteed for christmas delivery... no code or nothing :(

i do understand about the weather and it still gives me something to look forward to next week :)

did anyone else in the uk have problems ?

I love it!, its so heavy. The artwork with all the children is so amazing. Love the one with the little girl and all the children. Just wish there were more recent pics of Michael in it but other than that its perfect.

Sorry to learn that you haven't received your Opus or any information. When do you return to work? I admire you attitude as it's true some fans won't even get to see it. It would be nice if it were available at libraries.

Oh, friends, biggest congratulations and hugs to all of you who already have your Opus. I do hope you will enjoy every inch of it... and this has many inches, so you'll have great fun :D

Me? No single information from Opus. Absolutely nothing and it is not going to arrive to me any soon. I asked them to send the package to my office and today the office is close... So I just didn't get it. Simple as that.

I am dissapointed about this, but.... I still understand I just have to wait and that the book should eventually come. Many fans don't even have the chance to buy it, so I must try hard to be possitive. I must try.

I just wish they will give me at least some feedback... anything. Some of you have already been informed you will receive it later... but South America? No single information. It's always the same, they just don't care about us. They can't deny it now.

Anyway. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR OPUS!!!!

Got mine yesterday, I was so excited when the doorbell rang cause I knew it was the Fedex guy and I was hee heeing all the way to the front door I knew the Opus was big but not THIS big its massive and soo heavy! After opening the many boxes it took me about 15 minutes to actually lift the book out of the box (I was having a weak day! )
The book is beautiful there are some amazing photos that i have never seen in there!
I managed to keep it together until I read Spike Lee's tribute and then I fell apart. There are great tributes from fellow artists, friends and of course fans.
The book was definately worth the wait!!

I’m still waiting … No information nothing my package hasn’t been picked up by FedEx yet. :( I bought the book in September this is just too much they could at least send an email so we know we are not going to receive it before Christmas. I can’t stay at home every single day for this. :no: I have called them many times they always say we are going to call you back but they never do. :doh:

My FedEx tracking page still didn't change. I hope that I will receive the book early next week... Some fans from Germany see some progress on the tracking page, I do not....

My FedEx tracking page still didn´t change too.
:no:

I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying I'll get mine sometime mid-late January! Yay! :clapping: I don't mind waiting as long as I know I will GET one! :lol: CAN'T WAIT though! :woohoo:

Thanks Giving Tree. HUG!

Okay, after some tears I decided I'm not ready to open my Opus yet. It's now been wrapped for Christmas....altho I'm not sure I'll have the will to open it on Christmas day...maybe the day after so it's less emotional considering the 25th will be 6months since MJ's death. :( For the most part I'm just relieved that it's finally here.

Wrapped to go under the Christmas Tree:

imag0057a.jpg

Okay, it's Christmas and I wasn't going to open the Opus today but my Mother was desperate to see it so I relented. We had Christmas music playing and an upbeat song was on so it was okay at first. Then I decided to jump forward to the art stuff cuz fans had been raving about it. We were both being strong looking at the pix and then a sad Christmas song came on ("Grown up Christmas List" by Natalie Cole) at the time we were finishing the art and ventured beyond towards the end of the book...which, of course, starts the many tributes about his death. I should have stopped there but didn't. My Mom saw the pic of just the hat and glove on a stool and that was it. She fell apart. I tried to stay strong and started randomly browsing back towards the front of the book to the happier stuff but each picture just made me feel worse to where I was about to fall apart, too...but I didn't want to get any tears on the book so I had to literally step away from it and dry my eyes. After that, I decided to pack the book back up. Couldn't look at it anymore. :cry:

Anyway, what I did see was phenomenal. Didn't read anything, but there was some rare art in there I loved. The Archangel picture was amazing (can't believe we never saw that one before) but I think that's where we both really started feeling the loss. From there on it went downhill towards the end of the book.

Next time I look at the book, methinks I'll need to do it alone. It's hard to be strong when the ppl around you are losing it. And there definitely won't be any sad music playing.

Edit: I'm glad to see a lot of you finally received your books. :)

Just a stupid question from me.... Is it a book with only pictures or what... I have no idea, I am google-ing now for more info. I knew about this opus, but it was too expensive when I ready for the first time about it. Now I am getting excited about it.

I got mine yesterday! I'm glad to have it, but tbh can't face looking through it right now. I miss him so much. :cry:

Just a stupid question from me.... Is it a book with only pictures or what... I have no idea, I am google-ing now for more info. I knew about this opus, but it was too expensive when I ready for the first time about it. Now I am getting excited about it.

It's mostly pictures, but there are quite a few write ups by ppl who knew him.

Next time I look at the book, methinks I'll need to do it alone. It's hard to be strong when the ppl around you are losing it. And there definitely won't be any sad music playing.

I haven't received my book yet, but when I do next week I am definitely going to take some time and go through it alone. First I'll browse it through, you know photos and stuff that captures your eyesight and then later everything else.

It's a beautiful book-but I have only flicked through it. I need to be alone to read it properly with tissues at the ready!

Has anyone from Australia recieved theirs yet? I'm really confused and annoyed. I paid for it months and months ago and was promised it would be delivered before Christmas. Christmas day has come and gone and I had NOTHING waiting for me under the tree. If they couldn't deliver it AT LEAST NOTIFY us to inform us. How unprofessional are these people? I'm wondering if it's even coming at all anymore... :(

Has anyone from Australia recieved theirs yet? I'm really confused and annoyed. I paid for it months and months ago and was promised it would be delivered before Christmas. Christmas day has come and gone and I had NOTHING waiting for me under the tree. If they couldn't deliver it AT LEAST NOTIFY us to inform us. How unprofessional are these people? I'm wondering if it's even coming at all anymore... :(

Aussie here :) I got an email a few weeks ago saying that it wont be delivered until the 8th of January. I dont know if that means possibly after that date though...no way they can get it to everyone on that one date! haha

You didn't get the email saying we'd receive it around January 8th?
The same email Luci is talking about.

I think the Opus people were way too ambitious in trying to deliver the all the books by Christmas.

And then they forgot all about the customs that delayed the Opuses when they left China and then when they arrived to the country of destination.

The fact that delayed telling us about the One Glove + No Reality card meant that they had to deal with angry customers when they already had their hands full with delivering the book. I wouldn't of hurt to tell us about those details when the books were ready for shipment.

However, this has been a learning experience for a relative new company that has never dealt with so many customers and such a tight schedule. There is no doubt that doing this book has given them publicity that money can't buy and I won't be surprised if every celebrity, sports person, sports team or such parties will be calling up Opus for a book of their own!

Overall, I more then happy with the book I received as it is the Ultimate Michael Jackson book (overtaking Moonwalk but only very slightly) and the best book I will ever buy.

Well done Michael (for choosing Opus) and well done Kraken Opus (for such a lovely book)!!!

Finally opened it today. OMG I can't get over how massive it is. I had to actually get some assistance to open it. :lol: This thing practically takes up my whole room. I have to sit on the floor to actually look at it. But wow, it's so beautiful. :)

Hope everyone else gets their Opus soon. :huggy:

i haven't received mine yet, not even a tracking number :( I ordered mine last August. i'm from the Philippines.

Last edited:
Back