Outcome of the trial: All news stories and discussion about guilty/not guilty and possible jail time

What's Conrad's future ?

• convicted to murder, he'll spend his life in jail

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • more than 36 years in jail

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 21 to 35 years in jail

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 11 to 20 years in jail

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 1 to 10 years in jail

Votes: 72 65.5%
  • he'll be fully cleared

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: POLL : how do you see conrad's future ?

Samantha De Gosson
The trial will start soon and should last between 4 to 5 weeks and possibly much less according to the Judge. Fans are ready to follow it on TV or online since it will be broadcast globally. Question is, what will you do once it's over and Murray is found guilty or not? Whether he walks free or gets a jail sentence it will not be Justice served. How do you feel about that?
http://www.facebook.com/samantha.degosson/posts/10150311368498961

:(

It's all so sad :( .... Michael should be here yet. :cry:

If I'm not mistaken involuntary manslaughter is not that serious but for all the things he did and stopped doing in that critical day it shouldn't had been that charge imo.
If he gets 11 years would be a lot due to the involutary manslaughther but I really wish he would get more years becuase he took us away the man we love and like the prosecutor said: "it wasn't his time to go." :cry:

Well, either way, he won't last long. His career is already dead, as far as anyone can see--the shadow of Michael's death hovering over his professional record will be enough to deter anyone from seeking his services (that is, unless they have a death wish). In other words, no one in their right mind would hire him. So, professionally, he's pretty much kicked the bucket.

In his personal life, I see it one of two ways. Either he gets convicted and sent to jail, where he will most likely (or rather, most hopefully) be shanked to death by his cellmate Bubba in a violent dispute over a slice of moldy bread, or else he will be cleared and sent on his way, only to be shanked to death by some really bold/heroic Michael Jackson fan (not that I'm recommending this...), and left to die on top of a sewage drain, a fate he clearly deserves.

Failing that, he'll eventually build a new and prosperous career in the food service industry, after none of his books sell and public interest in him subsides.

I picked 1 to 10 years...Although we don't know what the outcome will be. Even if Murray comes out in 4 years he still will be unsafe cuz MJ Fans will still be after him. Nothing will bring MJ back but still we know Murray did wrong.

It will be difficult but certainly possible. I mentioned two hurdles on another page, i.e. Mesereau says juries are less likely to convict physicians, and the media's ability to portray Mike as drug addicted though the years and therefore contributed to his early demise. Plus the defense has recently hired a PR firm that is said to have a high success rate.

That PR firm you referred to with a" high succes rate" has been fired. Since this thread was started a while back, April)? the defence has taken a beating and murrary has no defence. They are NOT allowing anything from MJ's past history regarding the use of medication which is what the defence was hoping for.
The Judge has said, "Pasto,r will only allow the events of what happened that day, June 25th" which is good. The other defense tactic of MJ drinking propofol is ludicriss and still puts murrary in the killer zone. "Standard of Care" went out the window when murrary was with MJ on that fateful day and that is what will nail his ass.
I voted 1 to 10 knowing max allowed is 4 yrs. but if he is found guilty, he can kiss his license and a so called "doctor" goodbye.

Dr. Conrad Murray Could Serve No Time In Jail If Convicted, Says Famed Lawyer[/B]

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 @ 01:00AM

conradmurray_0_0.jpg

By Jen Heger
Radar Legal Editor
With the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray set to begin in just a few days, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that even if the cardiologist is convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of superstar Michael Jackson, he may not spend any time in jail at all.

And perhaps even more shocking, with the overcrowding problem in the Los Angeles area prison facilities, if he does go to jail, Murray could serve only one year in a county jail, rather than in a state prison.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, of acute Propofol intoxication. Dr. Murray has admitted to giving the King of Pop the powerful anesthetic, but he denies giving him the fatal dose that ended his life.

Famed Hollywood attorney Mark Geragos tells RadarOnline.com that if Dr. Murray is convicted of the involuntary manslaughter charge, "he could absolutely avoid state prison, and Judge Michael Pastor could sentence him to either straight probation, meaning he will serve no time at all, or to serve his sentence in a Los Angeles County jail. Judge Pastor has the sole discretion of how to sentence Dr. Murray if he is convicted."

Geragos, who was a part of the criminal defense team that represented Michael Jackson in his 2005 molestation case, of which the King of Pop was acquitted, says that since there was no weapon such as a gun, or a knife involved in the cause of death, "Judge Pastor would be able to send Dr. Murray to a county jail. The District Attorney could oppose a sentence that didn't include state prison, but that is all they can do. Dr. Murray is facing four years maximum if he is convicted."

Los Angeles County jails are notoriously overcrowded, and most inmates only serve about 25% of their actual sentence, which would mean that Dr. Murray could be looking at just one year in a county jail if sentenced to the maximum under the law.

"The Sheriff would have the final determination about what percentage of time Dr. Murray would serve if he was sentenced to county jail. The judge has absolutely no control over the jails," Geragos reveals. "Dr. Murray will be acquitted or convicted with jury selection.”

Jury selection begins next week. Stay tuned to RadarOnline.com for developments throughout the trial.

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray Could Serve No Time In Jail If Convicted, Says Famed Lawyer

This man, IS criminal, is bad man...........

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray Could Serve No Time In Jail If Convicted, Says Famed Lawyer

That ^^^^^^just doesn't bare thinking about. But I guess for him the greatest punishment would be to lose his licence, and am I right in thinking that if he is found guilty then that would happen automatically?

BTW it's only been the last 24hrs that I have contemplated that 'if'.

Whys geragos stating the obvious. we know the punishments he could get. is mark that desperate for airtime.all that matters to me is getting a conviction.he could serve life and it wouldnt be enough or bring mike back

Last edited:

Yes he is

That ^^^^^^just doesn't bare thinking about. But I guess for him the greatest punishment would be to lose his licence, and am I right in thinking that if he is found guilty then that would happen automatically?

BTW it's only been the last 24hrs that I have contemplated that 'if'.

As far as I'm concerned, his career is already over--losing his licence would just make it official, I guess. In the harsh court of public opinion, he's done for. Would you want to go to a doctor who was tried for killing his patient, even if he wasn't convicted or didn't lose his licence? Chances are, most probably not, if any other options are readily available. Nobody wants the "what if?" trailing behind them, so this entire scenario has already proven itself disastrous for his career. The fact that his own personal life is a complete mess as well should raise some red flags.

So in USA, when a fake doctor who killed someone for money and told to the police that HE DID INJECT the medecine who was the cause of the death can be free and a man , TROY DAVIS, who is innocent of a crime can be send to the death row ?

I will never understand this country.

unfortunately Murray has already gotten away with killing Mike, regardless of the outcome of this trial: Michael is dead while this man has been living his life to the fullest; as if nothing happened, as if he was not responsible in taking another human's life. You really gotta have no conscience, none whatsoever, and alot of arrogance, to live like nothing happened. This man is solely responsible for killing a human being, even if he hadn't killed Mike but some John Doe, it wouldn't make him less 'responsible/guilty' or the homicide less 'important'. The fact that this man killed another person, thru mere incompetence, arrogance, and stupidity, yet he is able to go on vacation, visit Disneyland, practice medicine (outside of California), continue to live his life like nothing happened, just proves that he's already gotten away with it.

Having said that, Garagos has always been an attention seeker.

Last edited:

Where is the justice in this?

If he doesn't go to jail, then there's no justice. People will still go to see him as a doctor. He already told the investigators what he did and he still has patients. And if he loses his license, he can write a book or talk in the tv and he'll make money. He has to go to jail.

Michael being inocent was handcuffed and treated as a criminal, even the booking picture was floating all over the world, why this doctor is not treated worst? This is completly unjust.

I just heard on tv that Judge Pastor is asking fans not to stare or look Murray unkindly, something on that line. I hope his lawyer don't use that as an excuse for Murray not to spend time in jail. I just hope that if he doesn't go to jail, he lives a long, very long and painful life. What he did was cruel and he did it for money. He has to pay.

unfortunately Murray has already gotten away with killing Mike, regardless of the outcome of this trial: Michael is dead while this man has been living his life to the fullest; as if nothing happened, as if he was not responsible in taking another human's life. You really gotta have no conscience, none whatsoever, and alot of arrogance, to live like nothing happened. This man is solely responsible for killing a human being, even if he hadn't killed Mike but some John Doe, it wouldn't make him less 'responsible/guilty' or the homicide less 'important'. The fact that this man killed another person, thru mere incompetence, arrogance, and stupidity, yet he is able to go on vacation, visit Disneyland, practice medicine (outside of California), continue to live his life like nothing happened, just proves that he's already gotten away with it.

Agree with you. And this is what Dr. Friedberg said about Murray: "Murray is the 'poster child' for Sociopaths of America'. "He is not an ignorant fool but a person who does not think the norms of behavior apply to him." "When he disclaims responsibility for the death of Michael Jackson, it is the sociopath speaking who is convinced of his own words and clearly believes he will convince a jury as well."
http://www.prerogativechambers.com/...-v-conrad-murray-md-the-michael-jackson-saga/

for this man to get off scott free as they say is wrong. Guilt will follow this man and he will see Michael's fans on the street and know every day what he did. I still say one crazed fan will take this man out. if you sit back and take a look at whats going on you will see that the justice we all want is happening, maybe not in the way we want it but its taking a course. As long as Michael has fans he has a voice. No one will forget Michael but this man Murray... hes easily forgotten. this man is nothing, he reeks of evil and is a loathsome less then human being. This man will have to live with Killing the worlds biggest superstar and everytime he sees an MJ fan he will know and they will tell him and everyone around him that he is an awful doctor....

but if you look at it another way... This man is a doctor, judges hate to convict doctors. if we did this to someone you can bet your ass's we would be in prison for the rest of our natural born days. This man wont get away with anything Karma is going to bit his ass HARD.

Murray better be going to Jail he deserves to be there he took away a life!

Just found out that Erin from Justice4Michael was the one who was staring at Murray and was asked by the Judge to leave the court room together with other fans. The good news is that Erin was on HLN and was invited back. A Michael Fan invited to HLN, I think this is good.

Just found out that Erin from Justice4Michael was the one who was staring at Murray and was asked by the Judge to leave the court room together with other fans. The good news is that Erin was on HLN and was invited back. A Michael Fan invited to HLN, I think this is good.

She was asked to leave for staring at the man? I wonder if that's going to be a trend to boot MJ fans.

I'm not sure I'd be able to sit in a room with him.

This whole thing is beyond sad, 'cause whatever happens, jail or no jail, it ain't bringing Michael back and thats the damn worst thing to have to come to grips with everyday for the past two years.

Agree with you. And this is what Dr. Friedberg said about Murray: "Murray is the 'poster child' for Sociopaths of America'. "He is not an ignorant fool but a person who does not think the norms of behavior apply to him." "When he disclaims responsibility for the death of Michael Jackson, it is the sociopath speaking who is convinced of his own words and clearly believes he will convince a jury as well."
http://www.prerogativechambers.com/...-v-conrad-murray-md-the-michael-jackson-saga/

Glad to see finally another doctor seeing what we see bout murray. For him to complain bout mj fans staring at him only shows what a real wimp he is. If this was someone else they wouldnt give a hoot who was staring at them

Whys geragos stating the obvious. we know the punishments he could get. is mark that desperate for airtime.all that matters to me is getting a conviction.he could serve life and it wouldnt be enough or bring mike back

Right^^. This is nothing new; we discussed these possibilities here last year. Radar should ask us, we could be famed fans rather than famed lawyer. I love when they use these titles to make it seem they have news from the mouth of the Greatest Man On Earth!!!!

Is it possible Murray to lose his license just for a period of time set by the judge?

So in USA, when a fake doctor who killed someone for money and told to the police that HE DID INJECT the medecine who was the cause of the death can be free and a man , TROY DAVIS, who is innocent of a crime can be send to the death row ?

I will never understand this country.

You need to get your facts straight. Mr. Murray is a cardiologist, that isn't a "fake doctor". What he isn't is an Anesthesiologist, a doctor trained in the field of putting people under (using such drugs as Propofol, etc.) CORRECTLY. Troy Davis wasn't proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, which is why the fight to stay his execution was so heated, because you can't give someone their life back on an oops. Mr. Davis wasn't proven not guilty, either. Michael's homicide happened in California. Troy's crime (killing an off duty police officer) was committed in Georgia, two different states with different laws in place. Comparing the cases are like apples and oranges.

You don't have to "understand" this nation or our laws, but you need to show some respect for it, regardless. I don't understand everything about the policies of other nations, but I RESPECT their rights to govern as their citizens and elected officials choose for them to do.

You need to get your facts straight. Mr. Murray is a cardiologist, that isn't a "fake doctor". What he isn't is an Anesthesiologist, a doctor trained in the field of putting people under (using such drugs as Propofol, etc.) CORRECTLY. Troy Davis wasn't proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, which is why the fight to stay his execution was so heated, because you can't give someone their life back on an oops. Mr. Davis wasn't proven not guilty, either. Michael's homicide happened in California. Troy's crime (killing an off duty police officer) was committed in Georgia, two different states with different laws in place. Comparing the cases are like apples and oranges.

You don't have to "understand" this nation or our laws, but you need to show some respect for it, regardless. I don't understand everything about the policies of other nations, but I RESPECT their rights to govern as their citizens and elected officials choose for them to do.

FYI, Murray is not actually certified as a cardiologist!

Whoa! Democracy in the United States always has been and will continue to be a work-in-progress. That is the nature of our government. The Troy Davis execution has been condemned by nearly EVERY other nation, and the Pope also spoke, seeking mercy for Davis. Human-rights should transcend governments. U.S. citizens have the RIGHT to peaceful demonstration! That is how positive change HAPPENS! Mixed-race marriages used to be ILLEGAL in the U.S., and African-Americans couldn't ride in the FRONT of the bus! That doesn't mean all citizens should RESPECT what clearly have been civil and human-rights violations. Peaceful demonstration, as happened in the Troy Davis case, is how CHANGE happens. And. . .it should.

This is the link to Amnesty International. At that site, you will find the affidavits of the seven out of nine "witnesses" who recanted their testimonies, saying they had been "pressured" by police.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/cases/usa-troy-davis

As far as Diplomate's post is concerned? I think it IS fair to say Murray was "fake." He was performing a "treatment" that he was not actually qualified to do. Which I'm sure will be a major part of the prosecution's arguments.

could Murray get more than four yrs prison time?

Hi
I'm wondering if any of our legal eagles could tell me if it is possible if dr. death if convicted could be sentenced to more than four yrs? Does the judge have any flexibility in this regard?
thanksx

Back