Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Group-All threads merged

Sabra Johnson, the winner of last season's SYTYCD had only been dancing for 4 years and not in a professional capacity. Danny Tidwell, the runner up had been dancing for more than half his 22 years as a contemporary ballet type dancer. He was phenomenal but Sabra beat him out with the most popular vote, not the best dancer vote.

For the most part they are not professionals. SYTYCD look for dancers who can incorporate choreography different from what they are accustomed to doing in their everyday life. You don't have to be professional to do that. You have to just be able to audition well. Some dancers can't seem to step (dance) outside the box.

Well I don't watch the show regularly and have only caught it a few times. But the majority of the dancers on the show appeared to me to have some form of training. Not all, but most, as I said. Of course, the challange is their ability to conform to other forms outside of their genre. That boils down to natural ability, not training. Natural talent wins versus practice always. But most of them, from what I've seen, appeared to be trained, which is the same as professional, if they had talent to go along with it. The dancers on this particular show aren't on the level of professionals. If they were exceptioanlly talented, maybe, but they're not.

Last edited:
well he was.. let's be honest Michael hasn't done anything performance or entertainment wise in recent memory to still prove he's currently a showman. For all we know, he can't dance or sing anymore. I haven't heard him sing "live" in a long time and I haven't seen him dance since 2003's James Brown tribute.

You're so right michael can't sing or dance anymore...
rolleyes.gif

Anyway--the point is that HE IS NOT DEAD so there is no need to speak of him in "past tense".

wow it doesnt matter HOW positive something is, some one---

OMG my roommate is playing Earth Song :lol: Right now. She's like 18 LOL Thats so awesome.

--- but as i was saying, no matter how positive, someone has to come out with their pessimistic woe is me comments. Its becoming routine now, but it still shocks me. lol

OMG my roommate is playing Earth Song :lol: Right now. She's like 18 LOL Thats so awesome.

--- but as i was saying, no matter how positive, someone has to come out with their pessimistic woe is me comments. Its becoming routine now, but it still shocks me. lol

your on point there J5master.......I don't know what it is with some so-called 'fans'......jaydom for one......why don't all you disgruntled 'fans' just move on with your lives and quit with the negativity as it relates to Michael Jackson. I seriously don't know why people even bother coming to the boards just to be all doomy and gloomy!:rolleyes:

$100,000 and the opportunity to brag that they ARE America's Best Dance Crew ;)

Somebody need to go Youtube Michael's BET performance with James Brown. If you think Michael can't still move his ass, you are crazy!

In fact, Imma go look at it right now myself so that this negativity and doubt won't grab hold of me!

:lol::lol::lol:Oh, lawd, I just watched it! Mike aint nothing to play with!

Just look at how fast his feet are moving? James Brown is just looking at him. And India.Aire is just loosing it on the front row!

Hell yeah, Michael can still dance!:punk:

well he was.. let's be honest Michael hasn't done anything performance or entertainment wise in recent memory to still prove he's currently a showman. For all we know, he can't dance or sing anymore. I haven't heard him sing "live" in a long time and I haven't seen him dance since 2003's James Brown tribute.

Oh Brother....:rolleyes: The KOP board has a reserved spot for you and for so-called "fans" who consistently state nothing but the unnecessary negative comments of Michael. Try looking at the bright side of things for once, I'm not making Mike out to be a "saint" he has his flaws like all of us, it's when you start doubting and downing his abilities at what he has mastered in. As you get older your body goes through changes and at some point there will be some disabilities, some things you were good at you won't be good at anymore for most people at any given time. For you to sit here and state that Michael can't sing or dance anymore? is merely your illogical assumption, I mean how do you know for sure that he can't sing or dance? did you get a call from one of close sources confirming the info.? just because Michael doesn't Jump when we want him to doesn't mean that he's lacking in certain areas, he can't keep up with us, he has a life and a family that he has to keep up with aswell, but at the same time he doesn't fail to let us know that he cares and that's what really matters. For 30 or 40 years Michael has given us great music, exciting performances and much more. He Thrilled us with his unique status, we were/are memorized and we knew/know that there is something special about him that we see in no one else, he's been very blessed, that's why he's untouchable and that's why he's the KING of it all. The re-release of Thriller is amazing, who 25yrs from now can re-release an album and it becomes the Top album all over the world? that's top-notch and with all that excitement it has been said that Michael is also working on new material, seriously how much more do you want from him? you never know what Michael has planned, so my advice would be to be patient and not get greedy.

toddles..

Last edited:

Who are you talking about? If you're speaking of me, I can say whatever I want--if you don't like my opinion too bad. I was making a point (in mike's defense) that you clearly disagree with.

And if you want nothing to do with this supposed "negativity", why not just stear clear of it? That's what any logical person would do.

If you're not speaking of me, carry on then.

:D

Last edited:
Michael can still obviously sing, again, I've said this time and time again, but its true, he is in his vocal prime. You know he takes care of his voice, he always has, so why the doubt? I just don't get it. As far as dancing, you don't lose the ability when you're on Michael's level. It's second nature to him, it's in his blood. It isn't something he thinks about. I can tell just from the few, short clips we've seen of Michael doing even the most subtle of moves that he can still dance better then anyone. I don't get how people can doubt him just because he hasn't actually been on a stage for a few years.

ppl who think michael jackson cant sing or/and dance anymore need to go to a shrink.

i've heard all kinds of bullsh!t in my life so nothings really shocking to me anymore.... not even that

And another thing, Wanna. Michael is one of those people who practices his craft in private. Remember, he used to fast and dance til he passed out every Sunday.

I think Mike does this to keep himself in shape and on top of his game. He knows that if he doesn't move it he will lose it just like any human being. I betcha he dances at his house all the time.

One of the thing that used to always amaze me about Michael how he would incorporate the latest street dances into his videos. I can go back to every single video that Michael has done and I see him doing some of the same dances that we were doing in our homes at that time. He always kept up with the latest moves.

Who are you talking about? If you're speaking of me, I can say whatever I want--if you don't like my opinion too bad. I was making a point (in mike's defense) that you clearly disagree with.

And if you want nothing to do with this supposed "negativity", why not just stear clear of it? That's what any logical person would do.

If you're not speaking of me, carry on then.

:D

waaaahhhttt?

Did u say anything negative or pessimistic? No, I dont think so. lol

I was talking about jaydom.

And its kinda hard to stear clear of it when ur in a positive thread and someone always does their darnest to make it doomy and gloomy. Believe me, if i could, I would.

the most subtle of moves that he can still dance better then anyone.
Like that EBONY supermodel posing he was doing! that one little half pop n' lockin he did sealed the deal for me :lol: He looked so cool doing it I still watch it. Maybe I'm just too hungry to see MJ get down again :p

can go back to every single video that Michael has done and I see him doing some of the same dances that we were doing in our homes at that time. He always kept up with the latest moves.
Now that he knows about soulja boy, I GOTTA see him do it, AND the Super snap (dunno the proper name for it but...u know, the snap snap SNAP? LOL) :lol: Or maybe walk it out? 2 Step??? :lol: :lol: No, the Cupid Shuffle :p

I still can't get over MJ doing the running man in that LaGear commercial :lol:

He even made the Macarena look cool...when it soooo doesn't look cool LOLOLOL

Last edited:
And another thing, Wanna. Michael is one of those people who practices his craft in private. Remember, he used to fast and dance til he passed out every Sunday.

I think Mike does this to keep himself in shape and on top of his game. He knows that if he doesn't move it he will lose it just like any human being. I betcha he dances at his house all the time.

One of the thing that used to always amaze me about Michael how he would incorporate the latest street dances into his videos. I can go back to every single video that Michael has done and I see him doing some of the same dances that we were doing in our homes at that time. He always kept up with the latest moves.

That's true. Michael works like a dog. In that interview he gave to the Globe a few years back, when he had that spider bite, he said the hardest part for him was that he couldn't dance because he loves it so much. He's always dancing, like I said, its a part of his blood.

Now that he knows about soulja boy, I GOTTA see him do it, AND the Super snap (dunno the proper name for it but...u know, the snap snap SNAP? LOL) :lol: Or maybe walk it out? 2 Step??? :lol: :lol: No, the Cupid Shuffle :p

OMG! I can only imagine the hollering from the audience if Michael decided to crank that soulja boy! :lol: As crazy as that dance looks.....no....as simplistic as that dance looks, Michael....the master of dance transformation....will make that thing look like the most difficult dance routine on the planet! Can you see it?

And I am glad that Big Boi told him about it because I betcha any money he don figured it out by now. Dude should just do it on the next Grammy show and drive people crazy! Especially since all these chaps are paying tribute to him on YouTube. I mean have you see all the Crank Dat Michael Jackson videos on YouTube? There are tons of em.

yeah I hope Big Boi directed him to them :p That would be soooo hot. That dance is RIDICULOUS but ur right, MJ can make it look so raw :yes: Like i said, if he can do that for the Macarena, he can do that for anything lol

I also would give anything to see MJ's reaction when Big Boi did that sloppy dance for him. I bet he was like "ohh. :huh: Okay...." (and thinking: is this REALLY whats popular in clubs?) LOL

Last edited:
lol, Michael could make that stupid ass dance look hot as hell. Michael can make anything look good, like Shane said, it's not the steps, its the intensity Michael put's in to them, how he moves is what makes it special.

Yeah, Shane says he makes the simplest moves look so difficult. Michael will make the soulja boy look like his own dance. No doubt.

OK I have to admit--the only part I didn't like about this show was when N-sync has-been-washed-up-pop-star 'JC' was talking about Michael as if he is dead ("he WAS a showman") lol!

I hated that!

But yeah my favorite performances were WBSS and Beat It!

some people are use to using past-tense when speaking about someone who is still present, meaning they speak as if they don't exist. On the other hand some are smart***** lol and prefer to claim someone as a "useto be" especially someone like mike.

does that make sense?

lol

I missed this! :eek: Thanks to all for the youtube links! That was fun to watch. The skating group and the ones with the masks were my faves, too. Pretty kewl T25 tribute! Go Michael! ^_^

Oh Brother....:rolleyes: The KOP board has a reserved spot for you and for so-called "fans" who consistently state nothing but the unnecessary negative comments of Michael. Try looking at the bright side of things for once, I'm not making Mike out to be a "saint" he has his flaws like all of us, it's when you start doubting and downing his abilities at what he has mastered in. As you get older your body goes through changes and at some point there will be some disabilities, some things you were good at you won't be good at anymore for most people at any given time. For you to sit here and state that Michael can't sing or dance anymore? is merely your illogical assumption, I mean how do you know for sure that he can't sing or dance? did you get a call from one of close sources confirming the info.? just because Michael doesn't Jump when we want him to doesn't mean that he's lacking in certain areas, he can't keep up with us, he has a life and a family that he has to keep up with aswell, but at the same time he doesn't fail to let us know that he cares and that's what really matters. For 30 or 40 years Michael has given us great music, exciting performances and much more. He Thrilled us with his unique status, we were/are memorized and we knew/know that there is something special about him that we see in no one else, he's been very blessed, that's why he's untouchable and that's why he's the KING of it all. The re-release of Thriller is amazing, who 25yrs from now can re-release an album and it becomes the Top album all over the world? that's top-notch and with all that excitement it has been said that Michael is also working on new material, seriously how much more do you want from him? you never know what Michael has planned, so my advice would be to be patient and not get greedy.

toddles..

:flowers:

I was so excited to hear that they're doing a tribute to Thriller25~! :D
My fave performances from that episode are P.Y.T by JabbaWockeeZ and Beat It by Breaksk8.

I can see Michael doing the soulja boy, but adding his own little moves to it to make it even cooler. Like adding his one leg kick, or his moonwalk. That would be hella cool! Just to see India. Arie loosing it on the front row would be enough for me! :lol:

MTV showed that Thriller themed episode ALL weekend. On Sunday, they showed it on MTV AND MTV2. LOL!

I don't know how often they usually repeat the show, I'm not sure if that is normal, but it certainly was shown more times than I thought it would be.

I think it's just COOL how Michael Jackson is the only ONE dancer they have dedicated to on the show... it's really cool.. they've only done themes etc.. not a person...

Well in todays age it seems that Michael Jackson IS a genre lol
Yes he is indeed. I will never forget how a group of 8 year olds gleefully told me how they sang Michael jackson in class. When I asked them what they sang, they couldn't remember, all they remember was that they sang Michael jackson. I thought it was very cute.:D

I haven't seen the soulja boy dance and when I heard dudes voice on the radio i turn with the quickness. lol bad acts like that just drives me crazy. but I bet whatever it is michael can crank' it. lol

Its so unbelieveablely easy to have a hit or be hot nowadays. Zero talent required.

Back