Remembering Frank Dileo on 1 year anniversary of death / Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away

Re: Update *Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away Post 377*

Noooo, so sad.:sigh: R. I. P. Mr. Dileo. My thought are with his family and friends.:(

This is sad. I thought he was getting better. He is with Michael now.

OMG! This is so sad. :no:
RIP, Mr DiLeo. You will be missed. Thank you for being a friend.

So sad news. RIP Frank :(

Sad news..............Send Michael our Love Mr. Dileo.

what should i say?
it's sad, cause it seems everyone around michael is dying.
i feel there is more coming in the near future. :mello:

R.I.P Mr. Frank Dileo

Frank is up there in Heavens Neverland, joking around with Michael, here he will be missed....

So sad... R.I.P. Mr. Dileo

So sad.... I really hoped he would get better... RIP Frank..

I agree. I hoped he would get better also. Thank you Frank for your support of Michael. Rest In Peace.

This is truly heartbreaking... Frank was one of the few good guys, and we, MJs fans, could really have needed him around for a long time to come.

It seems that a lot of people have passed away these last few years...

At least we know that Mike is in good company...

...there was reports some time ago that Frank was writing a book. I hope he finished it or at least parts of it, and it will be published.

Frank Dileo will not be forgotten
closedeyes.gif

:( Oh my goodness. I can just imagine Michael and Frank goofin' around with each other now up there in Heaven. My prayers to the DiLeo family.

THE ESTATE OF MICHAEL JACKSON REMEMBERS FRANK DILEO
As many of you know, Michael’s longtime friend and manager Frank Dileo had been dealing with serious health issues for the past several months. It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that Frank lost his long struggle this morning and passed away at the age of 63.

Frank had an amazing amount of creative energy, a huge heart, an infectious spirit and a larger than life persona that captured the attention of any room he entered. He also cared deeply about Michael, his children and his fans.

FDiLeo-MJ.jpg

Frank and Michael became friends when Frank was vice president for promotion at Epic Records during the release of "Thriller." In his best-selling book "Moonwalk," Michael wrote: "Frank really worked hard and proved to be my right hand during the years ahead. His brilliant understanding of the recording industry proved invaluable."

Frank went on to manage the incredibly successful Bad World Tour. Even after they stopped working together professionally, the bond between Michael and Frank remained and the family friendship continued. In early 2009, Frank was reunited with Michael once again as his manager as preparations began for the "This Is It" concerts.

After Michael’s passing, Frank proved invaluable to the Executors of his Estate, sharing unique insights that nobody else could possibly have.

Branca-MJ-Dileo-web_1.jpg

Said John Branca, Co-Executor of the Michael Jackson Estate: "I had the privilege of knowing Frank Dileo for more than two decades. He was not only one of the great veterans of the music business, he was a beloved friend to me and all who were lucky enough to have had him in their lives. He was one of a kind. He was a character. He was an original. We loved him, and we will miss him. Our hearts are with his family."

Our thoughts and prayers are with Frank’s wife, Linda, his son Dominic, his daughter, Belinda, his grandchildren and all of his extended family and loved ones.

R.I.P Mr Dileo.

This is a sad thing to hear I swear it feels like little by little we are losing all of Mike's close friends inour world. but God's will has been done. He's with MJ now laughing up a storm.

:sad2: Bless his soul

I hope Michael got to flip Frank's tie again :)

I'm so sorry that he died... I wouldn't expect he would die, he was still young!

Gosh I just heard the sad news.. May he rest in peace.

Rest in peace

So sad,the only manager who was loyal to Michael. May he rest in peace. Thank you Frank for all you did for Michael.

Oh no. I was really hoping he was getting better.

Rest in peace Frank.

Former Michael Jackson manager Frank Dileo dies
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent &#8211; 48 minutes ago <iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" hspace="0" id="I1_1314225610902" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="I1_1314225610902" scrolling="no" src="https://plusone.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fhostednews%2Fap%2Farticle%2FALeqM5igui1OdkMGczZZDvSwcC112H3OwA%3FdocId%3D8ee7845f815847b1819f89c855068608&size=small&count=true&db=1&hl=en&jsh=r%3Bgc%2F22954852-97da52d8#id=I1_1314225610902&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&rpctoken=871653869&_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe" tabindex="-1" vspace="0" width="100%" style="margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 0px; width: 70px; height: 15px; position: static; left: 0px; top: 0px; visibility: visible; "></iframe>
LOS ANGELES (AP) &#8212; Music industry executive Frank Dileo, who managed Michael Jackson's career in the 1980s and returned as his manager in the superstar's final days, has died. He was 64.
Publicist Karen Sundell says Dileo died Wednesday morning. The cause of death was not immediately available, but he had recently experienced complications following heart surgery.
The short, portly Dileo was a colorful figure in the entertainment industry and had movie roles as an actor, notably portraying a gangster in Martin Scorsese's "Goodfellas."
A native of Pittsburgh, Dileo began his career in the music industry working as a promoter for CBS subsidiary Epic Records. He signed so many stars that he was credited with catapulting the small company to the No. 2 label in the country. Jackson was at CBS Records at the time and together they worked on the phenomenally successful "Thriller" album.
In his book "Moonwalk," Jackson credited Dileo as one of the people "responsible for turning my dream for 'Thriller' into a reality."
Jackson wrote that Dileo's "brilliant understanding of the recording industry proved invaluable" and described how Dileo decided to release "Beat It" as a single while "Billie Jean" was still the No. 1 song in the country.
"CBS screamed 'You're crazy. This will kill Billie Jean,'" Jackson recalled. "But Frank told them not to worry, that both songs would be No. 1 and both would be in the Top 10 at the same time. They were."
In 1984, with "Thriller" soaring, Jackson recruited Dileo to leave Epic and manage his career. Dileo accepted and presided over one of the most productive periods for Jackson.
He executive produced the full length Jackson movie, "Moonwalker." He also wrote, produced and negotiated a series of lucrative Pepsi commercials for Jackson.
And he managed two of Jackson's concert tours &#8212; the Victory Tour with other members of the Jackson family and the Bad World Tour, Jackson's first solo excursion which became the largest grossing concert tour of all time.
After five years together, Dileo and Jackson abruptly ended their business relationship without explanation.
Dileo went on to manage the careers of other musicians, including Taylor Dayne, Jodeci, Laura Branigan and Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora. He also worked with Prince on several projects.
He founded Dileo Entertainment Group in Nashville, Tenn., a company focused on launching the careers of young artists.
In 2005, when Jackson stood trial on child molestation charges, Dileo returned to his side. He would tell later of their emotional reunion. After Jackson's acquittal, they remained in touch and in the summer of 2009, as Jackson prepared to launch his "This is It" tour, the singer asked Dileo to manage him again. They were working together when Jackson died on June 25, 2009.
Dileo is survived by his wife, Linda, two children, Belinda and Dominic, and a grandson, Frank.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...2H3OwA?docId=8ee7845f815847b1819f89c855068608

Does anyone know where I can read Frank talking about seeing Michael at his trial? I am glad he was there for him.

Back