Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all need to take a moment out of our busy schedules, and say the following prayer for the months to come:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]--Reinhold Niebuhr[/SIZE][/FONT]

If you have not yet seen this thread, please click the link and forward your info to Gaz. Something will be worked out ... nobody at AEG wants all of Michael Jackson's fans ticked off at them.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1903641&postcount=18

remember, you are all welcome to vent your frustration with this issue, within reason. However, please realize that if you take it too far, someone is going to either ...
-reply in kind and it is likely to turn into a heated exchange
-click the 'report post' button and voice their distaste
As a result, your comments could ultimately be edited or deleted. Any posts that quoted said comments will also be edited or deleted.

Please do your best to come together as a community. Support one another in this twisted time. Part of that support effort includes letting people say what they are feeling, not every post has to be replied to or argued back. Support involves serious listening. At the very least, an attempted understanding of one another's feelings. Even if you wholeheartedly disagree with what has been stated, exercise some compassion for another's life situation. This all applies to the entire membership.

We have been through the fire before, this time it is hitting right at home for many of us. If we can come together for Michael, through his trials and tribulations, we can do the same for each other :zformation:

Thank you ahead of time for your support and understanding of one another :flowers:

There are only 3 solutions that I can think of that might pan out better for the 10th, 12th, and 14th date being pushed SOOOO far back.

1) Move the 3 dates or all four dates (one big opening night) to a BIGGer VENUE and cram 60,000+ ppl in for opening...ie wembley. (Highly unlikey but possible)

2) Cancel maddona show and whoever else if need be! lol (again...Highly unlikey)

or 3) Find some open dates in july to reschedule them, by cancelling say.. neyo's shows, which is very possible.

I mean it's better to cancel maddonna or whoever elses show then to jack up 3 whole "This IS IT" shows. But that's just my view. I honestly don't see how they are ok with pushing those dates back so far to march 2010. That's completely WRONG IMO on AEG's part when THEY knew the schedule for the 02 way before michael even sign any contracts! I'm really annoyed at how AEG let the fact that they got michael to do the shows, screw up their thinking factor and not take the time to plan things correctly instead of rush rush rushing everything. This is JACKED UP anyway you look at it. There has GOT to be another way.

None of these options are possible, they won't happen. You can't cancel another artist's show so you can swoop in there, you just can't do that and you also can't do Wembley last minute, that wouldn't even make sense since they need to time to set up in the 02, so moving everything would render that pointless. I'm convinced these changes were the best they could do in regards to scheduling.

Yes there has to be another way. We can't use this thread to start bickering and arguing and complaining. We need to start using this thread for creative solutions. We have a problem - we need to solve it. And solving it will not happen by bickering and complaining.

Let's start brainstorming on solutions...solutions that will end up offering the best alternative for fans. Come on, we're a community here!! We are a fantastic community of fans - let's start showing the world just how great we really are here!
Yes. Brainstorming is key. But its so much that we can do. AEG need to re-evaluate the situation and come up with something better then march 2010. I said it before and i'll say it again that I thought it woulda been better to have a bigger venue as to not over tax michael with 50 shows (not that I don't believe in him). I wouldn't ASK the INCREDIBLE HULK to do 50 shows and I don't care if there are breaks inbetween. But that not the point right now. opening night just may well need to be changed into a combined opening NIGHT of all 4 for the first nights. Or cancel some B and C grade artist in a new york minute and reschedule michael for those nights in july at the o2.

Come on AEG, Yall can do better then this now! Randy need to consider this. Why anger so many fans??? It's a joke to ask ppl who paid to see michael on the second, third, and fourth night to NOW wait and be closing night. NAW! THat's wrong!

Ok guys lets not bring tabloid trash into this thread - leave the Sun's article about cancer out of here. The reasons have been stated officially so we won't spectulate on Michael's health.

Yes. Brainstorming is key. But its so much that we can do. AEG need to re-evaluate the situation and come up with something better then march 2010. I said it before and i'll say it again that I thought it woulda been better to have a bigger venue as to not over tax michael with 50 shows (not that I don't believe in him). I wouldn't ASK the INCREDIBLE HULK to do 50 shows and I don't care if there are breaks inbetween. But that not the point right now. opening night just may well need to be changed into a combined opening NIGHT of all 4 for the first nights. Or cancel some B and C grade artist in a new york minute and reschedule michael for those nights in july at the o2.

Come on AEG, Yall can do better then this now! Randy need to consider this. Why anger so many fans??? It's a joke to ask ppl who paid to see michael on the second, third, and fourth night to NOW wait and be closing night. NAW! THat's wrong!

in reality, if the concert had been planned ahead of time, it's possible that the dates wouldn't even start till 2010. or later. time is needed for the concert to be just right. there's just no getting around it.

Just a little something I want to say to cheer everyone up.

It is very underderstandable to be fustrated and upset that those of you who had these days set a side have been changed but look into the reason for it. That reason is because Michael is making it the best. To see Michael is a gift from God and to see that talent up there and those amazing things he has plans it will be all the better. I can tell you right now I am positive this man will make it the most memroable concert of your life. That is what it's all about it's about the preformance. That is the reason you are going there in the first place to be entertained and to rock your socks off. :punk:

None of these options are possible, they won't happen. You can't cancel another artist's show so you can swoop in there, you just can't do that and you also can't do Wembley last minute, that wouldn't even make sense since they need to time to set up in the 02, so moving everything would render that pointless. I'm convinced these changes were the best they could do in regards to scheduling.
actually why not. They could rehearse wembley way before for opening night and be ready for july 8th (assuming wembley isn't booked up to it's neck with events), then bust out with a BIG BANG come july 8th. Ok after the 8th head over to 02 set everything up, (from the 8th to the 16th is 8 days, which is more then the 5 days they are needing now) rehearse some more and be ready for the 16th. How is that so hard? :scratch:

I think that takes working with another promoter altogether.lol. AEG won't have it any other way than at the O2.

Yeah, i feel you..
I think i could do a better job planning a tour like this, seriously....

I dont care who made the final decision to change these dates to 2010 (!!!) but Michael wil be held accountable for it and he should have prevented this by either saying NO to the dude that decided to postpone or by simply being in charge of this whole tour from the beginning.

Other artist can do it, why cant he, he is in this business for a long time now :no:.

And yeah, i am still angry after a (short) night as well.

it's not true that other artists plans for shows have never beef f***** up before.

actually why not. They could rehearse wembley way before for opening night and be ready for july 8th (assuming wembley isn't booked up to it's neck with events), then bust out with a BIG BANG come july 8th. Ok after the 8th head over to 02 set everything up, (from the 8th to the 16th is 8 days, which is more then the 5 days they are needing now) rehearse some more and be ready for the 16th. How is that so hard? :scratch:

The dates below that MJ has scheduled have got some gaps for him to rest.
· 3RD AUGUST 2009
REST 6 days
· 10TH AUGUST 2009

· 19TH AUGUST 2009
REST 4 days
· 24TH AUGUST 2009

· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
REST 10 days
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009

These shows that have been rescheduled to January,
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

could instead be slotted into these spaces. One show fitted in between each gap.
If there are other artists booked, the time of the concert could be set to start early, since MJ's stage is unlikely to be dismantled during this time.
The concert could be set to start at 2:30pm or 3:00pm even on a weekday
People can begin arriving at midday before rushhour and can end seeing the concert, that day the public transport system will just have to cope somehow because in any case, people begin arriving for evening shows during rush hour.

I can see that O2 on its site has the following scheduled

5th to 9th August - Walking with Dinosaurs
18th August - Pearl Jam
10th to 21st - Ben Hur

Pearl Jam starts at 6:30pm
Ben Hur starts at 7:30pm
Walking with Dinosaurs is the only problematic show with 3pm shows

This means MJ could easily put on a 2pm to 4pm show, giving the Ben Hur show enough time to get set up if it happened on the same day, though I can foresee rows concerning settings of lights and sound, but as for preparing the auditorium, they could hire more staff for those days.
Alternatively, for these 3 shows, he could put on an 11am show, since the Dinosaurs show also starts at 11am, which means O2 can be operational this early. That way, teh Ben Hur team has enought time from 1pm to get ready for their 6:30pm show.
And MJ minimizes the fan's dissapointment to wait for almost a whole year after expecting to be the first.
As O2 is an arena, lighting is not affected by early morning compared to a stadium where night time evening shows help lighting and protect from the sun.

Which raises another issue, if a production like Ben Hur is going to be put up when MJ is having a rest, that means that apart from rehearsals, MJ's stage can be deployed quickly if it is to be removed during the breaks these people require. Therefore the overiding issue seems to be Ortega's schedule.

If MJ was to do shows on the
5th August
21st August
13th September

Then these shows could be rescheduled into those slots and any future cancellations would have the March date slots held as reservation to slot them into.

This would still give MJ enough time to rest.

Last edited:
i think she meant that other artist take charge of their own ish ... so could mike. Not that they have not had issues :)

Originally Posted by janena
Yeah, i feel you..
I think i could do a better job planning a tour like this, seriously....

I dont care who made the final decision to change these dates to 2010 (!!!) but Michael wil be held accountable for it and he should have prevented this by either saying NO to the dude that decided to postpone or by simply being in charge of this whole tour from the beginning.

Other artist can do it, why cant he, he is in this business for a long time now .

And yeah, i am still angry after a (short) night as well.
it's not true that other artists plans for shows have never beef f***** up before.

Is it just me or for the last 25 years has every single person except mez that has entered michaels professional life have ZERO understanding of PR and taking care of a fan base?

I'm so sick of the bloody excuses we make not just for michael but for the people who should know f*ckin better. They get VvERY good money for what they do & somebody needs to beaccountable.

These are die hard loyal fans. Michael better speak up cos I'm sick of reading this ohhh don't hate on michael rubbish. Don't you get it? The fans made these concertsa success, not the other way round.

Makes me sick. So f*ckin unprofessional.

please please please....

i am so understanding with your anger at Michael(though i may not share it). but the idea that people do an artist a favor by buying his or her stuff is so off base. that music has to be damn good for you to buy it.

Last edited:
I think that takes working with another promoter altogether.lol. AEG won't have it any other way than at the O2.
Oh ok I see....but AEG dropped the ball on this one, they gonna have to stop being selfish and make IT WORK! lol were are talking 60,000 upset screwed over fans. If they care make something happen.:doh: and not 2010 either.
· 3RD AUGUST 2009
REST 6 days
· 10TH AUGUST 2009

· 19TH AUGUST 2009
REST 4 days
· 24TH AUGUST 2009

· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
REST 10 days
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009

could instead be slotted into these spaces. One show fitted in between each gap.
If there are other artists booked, the time of the concert could be set to start early, since MJ's stage is unlikely to be dismantled during this time.
People can begin arriving at midday before rushhour and can end seeing the concert, that day the public transport system will just have to cope somehow because in any case, people begin arriving for evening shows during rush hour.

18th August - Pearl Jam
10th to 21st - Ben Hur

This means MJ could easily put on a 2pm to 4pm show, giving the Ben Hur show enough time to get set up if it happened on the same day, though I can foresee rows concerning settings of lights and sound, but as for preparing the auditorium, they could hire more staff for those days.

Which raises another issue, if a production like Ben Hur is going to be put up when MJ is having a rest, that means that apart from rehearsals, MJ's stage can be deployed quickly if it is to be removed during the breaks these people require. Therefore the overiding issue seems to be Ortega's schedule.

5th August
21st August
13th September

Then these shows could be rescheduled into those slots and any future cancellations would have the March date slots held as reservation to slot them into.

You make got point. I do feel like this has a lot to do with ortega being swamped. I think its wrong for 3 dates of fans to get screwed and not just a month screwed over but but 8 :bugeyed!!! How wrong is that. I hope they change this...and come up with a better solution. Hasn't kenny heard of multi-tasking?? sheesh. LOL I joke. But on the reall footlose need to go on the back burner. come on kenny where are your priorities MAN. ugh!
lol I kidd.

is this really true?is this official now?
I fell so sad for the fans,really a lot fans put a lot money in hotels,flights..etc..
it's expensive

i think she meant that other artist take charge of their own ish ... so could mike. Not that they have not had issues :)

well..you know what i think, Chi Chi?

i think there should be a rule. once an artist gets to be too big, he or she should not be allowed to do concerts anymore, no matter how much people might wanna see that artist, cus too many people will be involved. too many cooks will be in the stew. too many promoters will have fantasies about making biiiiig money and it will hastily affect their decisions. there will be too many fans. and there will be too many complications. and it will all end in a disaster. (i'm glad i'm not nostradamus, so i don't have to fear that i make predictions that come true, lol so i feel free in sayin all this.) it's no accident that these other artists don't get front page news like Michael.

i'd bet my life that if any of these artists were as big as Michael, and any of them were doing a this is it concert right now, we'd end up in the same boat as we are now, cus the same amount of big dream fantasy money would be involved.

god love madonna, ne yo and beyonce, but they are not as big as Michael. you heard Randy. lol...he calls Michael the biggest entertainer of our time.

Last edited:
rick, love, aeg is try ing to rectify this situation. gaz is communicating w /them as we speak and if fans could formulate their thoughts in an appropriate way, please email gaz so he can forward it to aeg....

n oone is happy about this, least of all the fans who will suffer b/c of this but the shows are NOT cancelled. just pushed back. u will NOT lose ur money, just spend a little more to re-structure and resched...im doing the same thing to the tu ne of $1050 so i feel y'all on it.

Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

We gotta be realistic here. Michael makes the final decision about his shows. He decided to reschedule them, ok? Ultimately his decision and unfortunate for me to say, his fault. I hope Michael, AEG and everyone involved thought about fans who are traveling from around the globe. That is the truth and it's a bitter pill to swallow. What is also a bitter pill to swallow is that Roger Friedman had this information for weeks and weeks now and Michael's camp didn't bother to speak to the fans about this weeks and weeks ago. I think that is unfair.

i'm sure that they were trying to fix it and they couldn't so the announcement was made so that the fans could cancel reservations.

anybody should know that making reservations (plane tickets, hotel) without the option of rescheduling is not the brightess thing to do.

it is easy to blame Michael- but people should not blinded make huge travel plans- unforeseen occurences befall us all.

Can anyone fill me in on any developments today please (rather than read back 30 pages)? I haven't rearrange my hotel yet just incase they have a change of heart!

· 3RD AUGUST 2009
REST 6 days
· 10TH AUGUST 2009

· 19TH AUGUST 2009
REST 4 days
· 24TH AUGUST 2009

· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
REST 10 days
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009

18th August - Pearl Jam
10th to 21st - Ben Hur

Alternatively, for these 3 shows, he could put on an 11am show, since the Dinosaurs show also starts at 11am, which means O2 can be operational this early. That way, teh Ben Hur team has enought time from 1pm to get ready for their 6:30pm show.
And MJ minimizes the fan's dissapointment to wait for almost a whole year after expecting to be the first.
As O2 is an arena, lighting is not affected by early morning compared to a stadium where night time evening shows help lighting and protect from the sun.

5th August
21st August
13th September

Maybe there are other events planned in the times that he's taking rests. Remember that it's not about the building up and tearing down of the set specifically that is the inital problem, but it's the fact that they need more INITIAL setup time and the time to run through stuff and program everything correctly in regard to the actual venue, ONCE that's done, breaking it down and setting it up again won't be much of an issue, it's the INITIAL setup that causing them to need more time.

Also in regards to Ortega's schedule conflict, I don't think that's about him having conflicts at the start of the show, I think what they were trying to say in the press release is that Ortega got on board later than desired because of him having to work around other schedules to be able to join MJ for this, as Ortega has said in statements. This all caused the production to start a bit later, coupled with the fact that it's become bigger in scale, this has resulted in Kenny needing more time to have everything properly set up in the 02, so they can be confident that they can start the shows top notch and SAFE.

They should've given themselves more time in the beginning though, but that's just my opinion.

I just need MJ on stage in a spotlight singing live into a mic. That's all I need. Anything else is extra. If I wanna go see aerial acrobatics and stuff I'll go see Cirque du Soleil. But that's just me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really think that fans wouldn't mind having a more simple and "intimate" kind of show on the first dates without all the spectacle Michael is planning.
That way fans could still see him live without losing money. Don't you agree?

hmm..naa..i want the MJ i grew up watching in the thriller vids..lol. spectacle and all...if i want intimacy, i'll see Mariah Carey. lol

what muppet gave this thread a 5-star rating
f_laugh.gif

lmaooooo

I wouldn't want him to stand there and sing live. any artist can do that. I believe MJ is going to pull of something really incredible and special. of course, i can't wait to see the dancing! can't wait for these shows to begin! :D

Can anyone fill me in on any developments today please (rather than read back 30 pages)? I haven't rearrange my hotel yet just incase they have a change of heart!
nothing new. But I'm hoping that this will be the case or something better then march of next year. which is ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back