Speculation: timbaland to anounce to work with a mystery artist on the grammys

haha the funny thing is timberland has NOTHING to do with this song he simply heard a quality tune and saw it as a way to ride himself to #1 on someone elses back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm0T7_SGee4

that link is to the ORIGINAL song by onerepublic BEFORE timberland got his hands on it!

You can see it was uploaded in DECEMBER 2006!!!!

Timberland get back in your cage and make you own songs! Stop using other people!
huh? now i seriously think music fans don't listen to good songs but rather listen to songs with a famous name attach to it.
I'm sure if Timbaland's name is attached to a crap song, it'll still be a hit!
Now i hope Michael will work with him for just one song to venture into his fan base. no more than that, or else, it's going to be all the same pathetic sound.

huh? now i seriously think music fans don't listen to good songs but rather listen to songs with a famous name attach to it.
I'm sure if Timbaland's name is attached to a crap song, it'll still be a hit!
Now i hope Michael will work with him for just one song to venture into his fan base. no more than that, or else, it's going to be all the same pathetic sound.

yeah one song would be smart as long as timberland does not put ANY vocals going "yeahh yeahh" like he tends to.

Well I can't say 100% sure, but if it is indeed true that Timbaland worked on tracks for Invincible that didn't make the cut, I guess it's a big possibility.
hmmm.... but he isn't placed as one of the producers in the album is he?

He changed the sounds of the drums. He added more percussion. He added his vocals. He changes the instrumentation in places. I don't think he's claiming it's his song. He's not claiming to have wrote it or anything.

Who 100% think Michael will work with Timbaland?

I am not sure about this. I mean Timbaland was kinda dissin MJ after MJ refused his songs (which ended up on JT's album), and when Timbalake (lets say Justin coz I am getting confused with all the Timbas) Justin's album did well Timba was trying to over big-up Justin (as a snub also to MJ, like JT is the new KOP vibe). Anyway I never thought that MJ will work with Timba but knew that Timba 'needs' MJ coz basically most of Timba's great/hit songs are due to the fact that those collaborating with him/his record have good voices. So of course Timba knows that MJ's voice is da bomb (among other g8 voices) and working with him will really establish his 'status' so to speak, coz when you work with MJ you stand a pretty good chance of been around for ever etc.

Anyway after reading what has been posted from prince's forum I am not sure. If he said he the suprise guest was a 'she' then I would have said maybe whitney/mariah or Madonna (since he worked with her in her new album) but a 'he' and one who is sooo big that the name had to be bleeped! Not sure, will wait and see what happens.

Thanx for the info!

He changed the sounds of the drums. He added more percussion. He added his vocals. He changes the instrumentation in places. I don't think he's claiming it's his song. He's not claiming to have wrote it or anything.

nah he wont claim any of that, except the honor of having an official #1 under his name. :lol:

the bleeping of the name is what gets me. its known that MJs conditions are secrecy. no one talks when mj says dont talk. very very interesting that the name is not revealed. if it were anyone else, surely its no big secret. anyways, come grammy night we will know..

We can either wait it out for a week (when we'll find out if it is infact MJ he is going to collaborate with).. or.. we can try and think of all the big name artists that Timbaland might be referring to..

I for one can only think of Prince, but that really doesn't seem like a realistic or practical collab. in my honest opinion.

Anyone else think of any male artists that are SO big they cannot be talked about?

the bleeping of the name is what gets me. its known that MJs conditions are secrecy. no one talks when mj says dont talk. very very interesting that the name is not revealed. if it were anyone else, surely its no big secret. anyways, come grammy night we will know..
kinda yeah and the promotions are very secretly as well but mmmmm I dont know I am just ready for anything this to happen lol

Thinking about it seriously, anyone in the music industry would straight away think MJ, and so do I. But I could never be sure at this point.. having a bit of a mind blank atm

Sexyback is sexy? Yeah right. It's like this broken-epileptic-robot-puke-fest . I can't stand the song. I do like some of Timbaland's stuff, but he started being repetitive after Nelly Furtado (who I find amazing with or without him) and Justin Timberlake (whose new album has some very similar songs, cuz of Timbaland) . But still, enough is enough. I have had it up to here (points to the sky) with Timbaland. All you can hear / see on MTV is Timbaland,Timbaland,Timbaland. Gimme a break!

Wow, what is cool is that EVERYONE wants to work with Michael. HAHAHAHA! BIATCHEZZZZZZ!!!

Sexyback is sexy? Yeah right. It's like this broken-epileptic-robot-puke-fest . I can't stand the song. I do like some of Timbaland's stuff, but he started being repetitive after Nelly Furtado (who I find amazing with or without him) and Justin Timberlake (whose new album has some very similar songs, cuz of Timbaland) . But still, enough is enough. I have had it up to here (points to the sky) with Timbaland. All you can hear / see on MTV is Timbaland,Timbaland,Timbaland. Gimme a break!

Wow, what is cool is that EVERYONE wants to work with Michael. HAHAHAHA! BIATCHEZZZZZZ!!!

I hear you! Same here I think Timba's ego is big enough as it is! But if MJ wants to work with him so be it. It might not be MJ tho'. I wish I could hear the actual interview.

MJ is back baby (Timba no or not) :punk:

I think the mystery artist is Usher. Usher's not big enough to deserve such a build up and big announcement. But Timbo must think he is. Afterall, he is the "new king of pop". lol

I think the mystery artist is Usher. Usher's not big enough to deserve such a build up and big announcement. But Timbo must think he is. Afterall, he is the "new king of pop". lol

why would usher beep that out? his new work aint no secret. he openly admitted HE wants MJ on HIS album. usher dont do surprises. his stuff is fairly predicatable.

I don't know why. Maybe Timbo thinks it's a big deal that he's working with Usher. I know I haven't seen anything about Timbaland working with Usher. So to me it's a secret. lol

The most refreshing part of this entire thread is hearing the fans disagreeing with Michael's decisions. One thing that always bothered me is realistically stating your opinion only to get criticized by some fanatic that thinks everything Michael does turns to gold. Michael is a perfectionist, but he is far from perfect; he is human and capable of making bad decisions in his musical and private endeavors.

Anyway I am glad that their are fans here that understand this and take a realistic approach when talking about King of Pop. I am new here and got sick of past threads on other forums that discussed how the man can do no wrong and how he is the sexiest thing on the earth. I have nothing against those beliefs but I guess there will always be the two types of fans…

The most refreshing part of this entire thread is hearing the fans disagreeing with Michael's decisions. One thing that always bothered me is realistically stating your opinion only to get criticized by some fanatic that thinks everything Michael does turns to gold. Michael is a perfectionist, but he is far from perfect; he is human and capable of making bad decisions in his musical and private endeavors.

Anyway I am glad that their are fans here that understand this and take a realistic approach when talking about King of Pop. I am new here and got sick of past threads on other forums that discussed how the man can do no wrong and how he is the sexiest thing on the earth. I have nothing against those beliefs but I guess there will always be the two types of fans…

Hey... umm...

Can we be friends?

You know what I am now thinking that it maybe MJ. I mean on MJ's last video message (the french thingy), he said that there are many 'surprise' guests on T-25, at this time Kenya, Will, Fergie and Akon weren't surprises anymore coz pretty much most peeps knew about their involvement with T-25. So maybe Timba will do something with MJ for the Grammy's.

Just a thought!

Back