Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
Re: Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo

I want to get mj tatoo some day.

Elusive, are you still going to get one done?

you read my mind matty. yeah im always thinking about getting one done and what i should have. but havnt decided or im not brave enough to go for it. probably both. im the most picky indecisive person u could ever meet so if it wasnt perfect id hate it and be upset and a tattoo isnt something you can just get rid of it. i really want one though as although it might sound daft having one makes me feel that he will always be with me then. no matter where i am i can just look at it and hes there.

You've just gotta bite the bullet and say "to hell with it, I'm gonna do it."

I remember I was very unsure about it for a long time, but I ended up thinking "Michael's been a huge part of my life for two decades, he's not just a passing fad, or someone who I won't be bothered about in ten years from now." People get tattoos of all sorts of random pointless stuff and how much of it really means anything to the person? I know for sure that Michael will always mean something to me, which is why I felt confident enough to get it done.

yeah i defo not worried about it not meaning something in the years to come. like you say pp get such pointless rubbish. never understood why you would get something that doesnt really mean anything like a random drawing. just worried about it not looking good and deciding what to go for.

Just make sure you look at the artists work first. There are some amazing artists out there but also some awful ones who make you wonder how they have the nerve to charge for what they do.

Most decent tattooists will have a website with a gallery of their work. The guy who did mine had done some amazing portraits of peoples faces, so I felt pretty confident that he would do a good job on mine (and I think he did, I love it).

Let us know if you decide to get one done.

yeah theres a tattooist a few mins walk from my house that has some decent stuff on their site. i drive past it pretty much every day. its getting the courage to go in

I agree with you... you have to be really sure its what you want and be picky in your choice of tattooist. I love mine and Elusive, i do have great comfort to know he is with me every day, all day. I even talk to him on my arm lol... helps me.
I had some more work done today on my latest tat (non MJ) and my tattooist showed me some art work by a fellow tattoo friend of his...i was struck dumb by the artistry and quality of her work.
I will share them with you as they are the best i have seen anywhere.
13938_301755825219_869040219_9406728_1129590_n.jpg

IMG]http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/claire64/TATS/11238_345316440219_869040219_10024497_4892507_n.jpg[/IMG]
11238_345316325219_869040219_10024495_1329687_n.jpg

11238_345316440219_869040219_10024497_4892507_n.jpg

wow. the B or W one is awesome. i love the black and grey designs.

I agree with you... you have to be really sure its what you want and be picky in your choice of tattooist. I love mine and Elusive, i do have great comfort to know he is with me every day, all day. I even talk to him on my arm lol... helps me.
I had some more work done today on my latest tat (non MJ) and my tattooist showed me some art work by a fellow tattoo friend of his...i was struck dumb by the artistry and quality of her work.

IMG]http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/claire64/TATS/11238_345316440219_869040219_10024497_4892507_n.jpg[/IMG]

wow amazing tattoos! I love them.

You've just gotta bite the bullet and say "to hell with it, I'm gonna do it."

I remember I was very unsure about it for a long time, but I ended up thinking "Michael's been a huge part of my life for two decades, he's not just a passing fad, or someone who I won't be bothered about in ten years from now." People get tattoos of all sorts of random pointless stuff and how much of it really means anything to the person? I know for sure that Michael will always mean something to me, which is why I felt confident enough to get it done.

My exact words! No chance of me getting over Michael in the future - thus no chance of me ever regretting my tattoo. But do think about the motive!

also when you think about getting the tattoo also think about the design. I LOVE My tattoo and i wouldn't go back and change my mind. Most the time when you get a tattoo involving a celeb or a trend make sure it is something you will love, has a special meaning to you. Michael held a special place in my heart for years. For those who haven't seen this one is mine.
Tattoo002-1.jpg

I am very proud of my tattoo. It needs work done on it but i wouldn't change it for the world.

If you would like help with designing your tattoo i am more then happy to help map something out for you :) :yes:

She's the one who did my MJ portrait tattoo too! She's the best in Europe. The guy with the B&W tattoo actually lives in my town.

She's the one who did my MJ portrait tattoo too! She's the best in Europe. The guy with the B&W tattoo actually lives in my town.

can you post a pic of your tat? whats the details, name of this tattoist i take they are in norway?

wow..those are beautiful...especially the black and white one...I too have been thinking about getting a tattoo...I know I would never regret it. Now if I could get the person who did these..to do mine...it would all be worth it..it looks like their work is superb. Thank you for sharing..:)

Love yours too Emzi and yes she is amazing, i have looked at alot of her stuff on her F/B page ...totally awesome

can't believe my thread is still going! fab pics btw! x

i am aiming to get my tattoo touched up the day before his birthday... Sadly the tattoo parlor i used aint open on Sunday and of course that's when Michael's birthday is... Man always has to be difficult.

MJ LOGO for tattoo! Help me out!

Hello fans! I need some good resolution pictures of the MJ symbol. You know the one. :D I'm getting a neat tattoo and I'm designing something nice and unique. If any of you have or know where I can find a good quality logo please reply to this thread or PM me. I would be most grateful.:) Some of the ones I have found are a bit weird. Some are too fat and not the proper shape or size. It's going between my shoulder blades on my back if that helps. I'm a tattoo virgin and been waiting for this for years! Help a MJer out guys!:cheeky: Love you all!

Keep Michaeling!

Re: MJ LOGO for tattoo! Help me out!

Hello fans! I need some good resolution pictures of the MJ symbol. You know the one. :D I'm getting a neat tattoo and I'm designing something nice and unique. If any of you have or know where I can find a good quality logo please reply to this thread or PM me. I would be most grateful.:) Some of the ones I have found are a bit weird. Some are too fat and not the proper shape or size. It's going between my shoulder blades on my back if that helps. I'm a tattoo virgin and been waiting for this for years! Help a MJer out guys!:cheeky: Love you all!

Keep Michaeling!

which logo are you looking for?

This one?
thuntitled-1.jpg

Or this one?
0amjcrown333.jpg

or the Tii one?

I have also made these. If you like them u are more then welcome to use them..

TINKTAT.jpg

tato1.jpg

Tattoo2.jpg

Tattoo.jpg

if anyone is looking for a design i will be happy to help you.

Some of the tattoos may have the wrong dates but i wasn't thinking clearly when i made them.

GinnyJackson - Yes the first one is what I'm lookin for! Love your logo art! Very cool! You're more clever than I am at using the comp to make images.:D I'm creating a tat for myself. I'll post pics when I get it done. It'll be in about two months or so. You guys are always so helpful! :)

GinnyJackson - Yes the first one is what I'm lookin for! Love your logo art! Very cool! You're more clever than I am at using the comp to make images.:D I'm creating a tat for myself. I'll post pics when I get it done. It'll be in about two months or so. You guys are always so helpful! :)
thank you :)

all these tattoos are great but I personally don't like to get a portrait of someone's face tattoo'd on me because half the ones of people I've seen, like Marilyn Monroe tattoo face- looks nothing like Marilyn Monroe. And one its done, you can't just say to erase it and start over. I love Ginny's tattoo ideas she has!

I really like the one with Tinkerbell and the legs crossed like it could be also a breast cancer awareness symbol too. imo. lol

2 weeks to i'm getting my next tattoo!
can't wait!
i have a picture with my mj logo.. and then i have doing a little photoshop on it.
i'm going to have writin quench my desire.
i think its gonna look cool.
2s8l54g.jpg

I absolutley love this!! I might have to take this tattoo someday lol - but this 'M' design is what I want on my forearm / wrist.

all these tattoos are great but I personally don't like to get a portrait of someone's face tattoo'd on me because half the ones of people I've seen, like Marilyn Monroe tattoo face- looks nothing like Marilyn Monroe. And one its done, you can't just say to erase it and start over. I love Ginny's tattoo ideas she has!

I really like the one with Tinkerbell and the legs crossed like it could be also a breast cancer awareness symbol too. imo. lol

Yeah, I'd only let Kat Von D do a portrait for me :D

Back