Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
Re: Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo

I would never get one but if I did I'd definitely get the MJ logo somewhere on my wrist or back:
images

^BAD era tattoo!! :wild::wild: Love it! A lot of portrait tattoos of Michael haven't been done too well IMO... yours is great!

TINKTAT.jpg

tato1.jpg

you can leave the dates out but here are some if you wanna use them.

2 weeks to i'm getting my next tattoo!
can't wait!
i have a picture with my mj logo.. and then i have doing a little photoshop on it.
i'm going to have writin quench my desire.
i think its gonna look cool.
2s8l54g.jpg

You know how Megan Fox has a Marilyn Monroe tattoo on her arm? Well, I want one like that too, except with Michael instead. I would probably get the "Bad" cover Michael, since his outfit looks super-cool and badass in that cover. :D

all these tattoos are amazing and beautiful :)
I didnt get a tattoo myself but I saw someone in my class has MJ tattoed on his arm. It was beautiful eventhough its just wording. I'm so happy that tattoo is not a taboo anymore

Could someone be a darling and tip someone us who will be in London for MJ one years anniversary when we could have the tattoos ?

Could someone be a darling and tip someone us who will be in London for MJ one years anniversary when we could have the tattoos ?

There is a really good one in Soho that a few of my friends have been to. I keep meaning to get mine done in there.

can't wait!
i have a picture with my mj logo.. and then i have doing a little photoshop on it.
2s8l54g.jpg

I love it... Very naughty BUT tasteful... :) Go 4 it :):clapping:

Metal Morphosis is a good place, a friend of mine had one done there. Clean, professional, with talented tattoo artists. They have a studio in Selfridges on Bond Street and one somewhere else in London. You can check them out on their website if you're interested.

Hello,

I'm not much of a poster on this forum, but I do visit regularly and read it on a daily basis.

Anyway, this is my tattoo, I've had it done on the day before the 6-months anniversary. I wanted to chose at least a little bit of a symbolic date, but I wasn't ready yet on His birthday and I just couldn't wait until 25/6/2010.

The tattoo took about 4 hours to make + some huge correspondence with my tattoo artist before the actual tattooing, because I wanted to chose a motive that would symbolize everything what I felt on June 25th 2009 and ever since. I wanted my tattoo to express the perfection that is Michael Jackson, hence the very excellent and iconic SC pose, which surely is one of his most recognizable ones.
I wanted my tattoo to express the incredible sadness that I felt and still feel, hence the dates.
I wanted to express my gratitude for having been able to be a part of his time on earth and of having discovered him and the gratitude for the huge part he's had and still has in my life, hence I also included the year when I became his fan, a year that had such an input on my life, as his birth and ultimately his passing (I don't know if input is the good way to put it, I wanted to say that after his passing I haven't really been the same).
I wanted to express that no matter what has happened, my fandom has not ended in 2009 and I can't imagine it ever will, hence the forever part.

And finally I wanted to express how helpless I felt last summer at the thought of Michael's life endind so suddenly and unexpectedly. To express this feeling I was choosing between this part of Gone to soon, which quite perfectly describes my state of mind and heart, and a part from another The Jackson's song (Even though you're gone). It went something like this:
Got to find a way somehow,
nothing's gonna stop me now,
got to find a way somehow,
even though you're gone.

Or the following verses from the same song:
Things don't look as bad
as they did yesterday.
Every minute I get stronger,
somehow some way.

But I ended choosing Gone to soon.

As I said the tatooing itself took about 4 hours mainly because of some details in his pose and then the writing which takes quite a lot of time. The pain wasn't as bad as I thought. It was more like "When is this annoying feeling gonna stop?!" and not "Oh god, it hurts so bad!" The writing does hurt a little bit more than doing the larger parts, simply because with the writing and other small details he used a 3-needles-tattoo head (sorry, don't really know how to put it) and with the larger parts (for example his Michael's jacket) he used a 7-needles-tattoo head.

Since than I've had it retouched because tha black didn't quite stay as bark black as it was supposed to. But the guy was very fair in not charging me the extra work, only the extra needle.

I must say I'm very proud of my tattoo and don't regrett it at all.

Plus one more thing, that I have to say: I was never, never really a fan of tattoos and I never thought about getting one myself. 25/6 changed everything!

picture-028.jpg

nice. what does the word under forever say.

can't wait!
2s8l54g.jpg

Nice.

I got a tattoo last week its of a sunflower and the initails MJ on it. It took 40 mins and omg it hurt really bad especially the outer line and the lettering but the colours werent so bad. It cost me € 80 and well worth it. Its healing nicely since :)

35323_453978892246_661857246_6582154_8311734_n.jpg

I got a tattoo last week its of a sunflower and the initails MJ on it. It took 40 mins and omg it hurt really bad especially the outer line and the lettering but the colours werent so bad. It cost me € 80 and well worth it. Its healing nicely since :)

35323_453978892246_661857246_6582154_8311734_n.jpg

That's very nice! :yes:

I hope it makes you smile every time you look at it :flowers:

oh it does Januska and I often think of Michael when I look at it. A lot of family and friends have said how lovely it is as well :)

All your tattoo's are amazing.
I'm planning on getting an MJ one when I'm a bit older, so I have a while to think of an awesome design :)

All your tattoo's are amazing.
I'm planning on getting an MJ one when I'm a bit older, so I have a while to think of an awesome design :)
its worth having a long thing about it because this is something that will be on your skin forever :)

oh it does Januska and I often think of Michael when I look at it. A lot of family and friends have said how lovely it is as well :)
It is lovely! Love the flower.

I have a big smile on my face every time I happen to look at my arm and I look a lot. :D
Never thought a tattoo could induce so many happy smiles!

hey everyone i have 2 MJ tattoos and as soon i as figure out how to post them i will. i just cant seem to find the attachment button. its nowhere to be found. do you have to be approved to post pictures? some help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

mike

Last edited:

its the yellow square with the mountain type design in it

Back