Ticket Talk ONLY!!

Last edited:
Re: Ticket Talk ONLY!

Thanks for clearing that up david g burns. One question; when will we be notified if our MJ pre-sale text or email has been successful?

I got my text around 10-15 minutes after I successfully registered. The text said "more details to follow".

If you're registration is successful, then you will get a password that will allow you to book UP TO four tickets.

I just registered and hopefully will get the email and the code for it soon.

Yeah, I mean is it truly going to cost $75 to see him? How so? At MSG the front rows were going for $2500 - $5000 and upper seats for $800.

How did we get down to $75? And with 18,000 seats, that's only 1.35 million for the O2. Aren't they paying Mike like $150 million? How can they afford to do that by charging us $75 for 18,000 seats?]

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

Watch this be a 5 minute concert ... for $75, I'm not expecting a very long performance. More like a "one song" show. I mean, you can't put mike on stage with folks paying only $75. Madonna is getting around 150 - 350GBP per ticket at the O2. How's Mike doin' it for $75???
as the above poster said MSG was only expensive because it was a special and because of all the other artists performing.
I think £75 is a great price, its not unbelievable its called having respect for your fans, which madonna doesnt which is why she rips them off at over £150 a ticket. Princes where £30

Yeah, I mean is it truly going to cost $75 to see him? How so? At MSG the front rows were going for $2500 - $5000 and upper seats for $800.

How did we get down to $75? And with 18,000 seats, that's only 1.35 million for the O2. Aren't they paying Mike like $150 million? How can they afford to do that by charging us $75 for 18,000 seats?]

Watch this be a 5 minute concert ... for $75, I'm not expecting a very long performance. More like a "one song" show. I mean, you can't put mike on stage with folks paying only $75. Madonna is getting around 150 - 350GBP per ticket at the O2. How's Mike doin' it for $75???

yeah and thats what I was saying when I first heard those numbers. can you say crackhead prices, and this is mike jax we are talking about.:doh:

I think the ticket prices are awesome, so kudos to Mike for that. :) He's really thinking of his fans. If you watch the video closely you can see he started to get a little choked up and emotional about it.

I registered earlier today...I had to try it several times before it would go through, then it wasn't until a few hours later that I got the successful email. My goodness that thing was bogged down! Anyway here's hoping my "application is successful for presale".

But even tho the concert ticket prices are awesome, the travel prices aren't so hot. Coming from US is ridiculously expensive - almost as expensive as going all the way to Eastern Europe and Asia (which I have done before so at least the world isn't so doggone big as it was when I was a kid).

only 4 tickets? is that per household or per person ?

as the above poster said MSG was only expensive because it was a special and because of all the other artists performing.
I think £75 is a great price, its not unbelievable its called having respect for your fans, which madonna doesnt which is why she rips them off at over £150 a ticket. Princes where £30

Ok, Prince & Madonna are NOT MJ.

My thing is, no matter how you do the math, if Mike's top ticket prices are $75/piece, then even with 20,000 seats, that's just 1.5 million a night (at best). Now, you factor in O2's fees, Mike's staff, the production crew, venue staff, etc. and you begin to wonder how much money Mike is actually getting from all of this. Not that I want him to gouge the fans, I'm just concerned about how he's planning to pull this off with a $75/ticket show.

I mean, I recently paid $80 to see a half baked performance on Valentine's day. I expect to pay more to see a bigger production.

These are just 10 dates (sure, there will be more), but how is Mike planning on pulling off a huge production with ticket prices so low?

Or is the invisible hand that made this happen setting Michael up to not make anything from this? Did Michael know his tickets would be sold for just $55/$65/$75 ??

yeah and thats what I was saying when I first heard those numbers. can you say crackhead prices, and this is mike jax we are talking about.:doh:

And let me just clarify: I'm not advocating high ticket prices.

I'm just concerned about somebody getting a raw deal. Either the promotor, the staff, MJ or the fans are getting a bad deal with those ticket prices (in my opinion of course). If Madonna is getting $150GBP to $350GBP, then something is up with MJ's ticket prices (provided those are in fact accurate).

Oh, and here's something else to ponder: If Mike's ticket prices stay this low, scalpers are going to make a killing by buying LOW and SELLING high (yet another reason why those tix prices don't make sense). Why let them get all the bang?

Last edited:

Oh, and here's something else to ponder: If Mike's ticket prices stay this low, scalpers are going to make a killing by buying LOW and SELLING high (yet another reason why those tix prices don't make sense). Why let them get all the bang?

I think that will happen no matter the original price, if the ticks are in high demand (and with the speculation about the 'last 10 shows ever' they will be for sure) there will be ppl trying to rip off others....:no:

I heard on the radio news this morning 16,000 people are trying to sign up on the mj website every MINUTE!

This is crap, I'm losing hope of getting tickets by the second.
Michael's loyal fans who have been around through thick and thin should be put first imo, although I understand that is really hard to do. It just seems unfair. I think it's gonna sell out really really fast. I'm on o2 but I don't really understand it. Plus, I dunno how many tickets will be put on priority for o2 customers. I doubt it's that many? ARGH this is so stressful! lol!

so we have tickets priced for 75,65,50£..does this mean that if we want to be in the front rows we just have to be lucky to get a 75£ ticket?
'cause ppl here said that if we actually purchase the tickets via ticketmaster,they choose the best seats available.but if it is to be standing, all 75£ tickets are the same.right?

I got my text around 10-15 minutes after I successfully registered. The text said "more details to follow".

If you're registration is successful, then you will get a password that will allow you to book UP TO four tickets.

I got that message too. I'm just wondering when we'll find out if we were successful or not.

well, they said it's GBP, so in USD its definitely going to be more like, $100. I pay in EUR wich will be like 90 even it's 75GBP. lool, so confusing, hope you understand what im trying to say.

Please can somebody tell me this:

When is pre-sale tickets starts(when can we buy tickets before it goes on for sale ->that everybody can buy it)?

According to promoter AEG Live, the July concerts in London will be two-hour “all-singing and all-dancing spectaculars” and that Michael Jackson will not perform elsewhere this year.

To answer further questions -

We have not been informed if Ticketmaster will be involved with the sellingof the tickets, so far all we know its tickets will be sold via michaeljacksonlive.com

I have no idea when people will be informed of their success or failure to recieve a passcode for the presale

The ticket prices are low, but these are Official as they have been annonced by the promoter, Ticket prices are £75 / £65 / £50 + booking fees, this is US dollars is $107.07/$92.79/ $71.38 + booking fees.

These prices are low, but I think people should take into consideration the current financial climate and also the fact there may well be subsequent shows.

With regards to the 02 registration, I am not entirely sure if you have to register with 02.co.uk to be able to register for the '02 Blueroom'. Follow the link i previously provided and see if you can just register for the '02 Blueroom'.

For pre-sale, you have to sign up at michaeljacksonlive.com unless you have an O2 phone where you can sign up for priority tickets (they offer 'priority' tickets to their customers which are effectively pre-sale tickets). For general sale, I would think you can use any of the major ticketing websites like ticketmaster although the press release said they'd be available through michaeljacksonlive.com

I think the prices are very decent.

Last year i went to see a concert for 35 euros (Mika,18.000 people visiting)

GBP 75 (90 euros) sounds decent to me...
the tickets for History in 1997 were around 45 euros.

Personally i think people like Madonna are ripping their fans off.

Hmmm...
I have a feeling those aren't the official prices.
There may be VIP packages and all, going for an incredible amount.
If Michael and AEG Live are expecting some big bucks on this comeback, the ticket prices will be expected to be higher.

I just say, don't believe in the ticket prices as yet, I reckon. They could go higher, you never knew. Keep some extra money in your pocket, I say.

They are the Official prices from the Official press release. If you see any higher than that they I would assume they are ticket touts!

i,m scvared that next wednesday i,m on the site ...got my tickets... have to pay and my banking pass or paypal or creditcard wont,t work....

are there many ways too pay?

Please beware of touts already trying to sell tickets on eBay (and theonlineticketshop.com). They're claiming to have tickets already and people are already bidding well over £300 for a pair of tickets even though they must be fake!

Back