Twitter Speculation: MJ on Johnathan Ross in Sept??

I like Ross's show a lot...but really dont think MJ would be as good as Janet...Janet is very open and easy to chat to...remember when various people tried "chatting" to MJ...no offense but it wouldnt go down well...

Like back in the days when he went to this massive German Show Wetten dass ...amazing host, really good fellow that guy, manages to chat to anyone...like he got Madonna to call a random german phone number and sing in German, I recall he got JT to play football in the studio.. so he is really cool and easygoing..MJ went there, he made an announcement and was really happy with the bunch of flowers placed by his couch as a deco...he was lost in those flowers...poor fellow Thomas tried to "chat"..and it just didnt work...

I am negative or whatever but I cant see MJ talking to Ross in front of a live TV audience for 15mins...please MJ prove me wrong :agree:

I have that Wetten Dass interview on video. Michael's UK publicist does Jonathan Moorish (I think that was his name) did most of the talking, and Michael just said a few words.

I think Michael said in his ghost written autobiography that he doesn't feel comfortable on talking on chatshows. He did do some interviews on a few chat shows in the in the 1970's, but Michael was with his brothers. When he was on shows like American Bandstand and Soul Train when he was interviewed on his own, Michael looked very shy and uncomfortable. He was also far more relaxed being interviewed in front of an audience with his brothers.

Dont worry im not a shy person i will definatly ask him if i get chance to.

Actully thinking about it I dont think he has ever had Madonna on there has he? She is pretty big? x

I've watched a few interviews Jonathan Ross did, and I hope MJ won't go. I don't think he is a particulary great interviewer. His interviews are pretty random and don't seem to go anywhere and he doesn't really ask very intelligent and interesting questions. I'd rather see Michael Parkinson interview MJ. I think he's pretty good. he always let's his guests talk and doesn't interrupt them and asks good questions.

I really, really hope MJ goes on Jonathan Ross. I think he's hilarious and a great interviewer, always bringing out the funny and likeable character of his guests. I think it would be such a publicity boost and I'd just plain love to see it. And all anyone goes on his show to do is promote themselves. It's not Dr Phil. Celebs don't go on to talk personal issues. Although sometimes they come up. But Ross will always bring it back to funny if the interview starts going down the wrong track. So I don't think fans need to worry about MJ doing a show like Jonathan Ross. It's a very safe show in the sense that Bashir-style questions aren't likely to come up. Whereas if he did Parkinson or something like that, there's more rope to hang himself with.

I really, really hope MJ goes on Jonathan Ross. I think he's hilarious and a great interviewer, always bringing out the funny and likeable character of his guests. I think it would be such a publicity boost and I'd just plain love to see it. And all anyone goes on his show to do is promote themselves. It's not Dr Phil. Celebs don't go on to talk personal issues. Although sometimes they come up. But Ross will always bring it back to funny if the interview starts going down the wrong track. So I don't think fans need to worry about MJ doing a show like Jonathan Ross. It's a very safe show in the sense that Bashir-style questions aren't likely to come up. Whereas if he did Parkinson or something like that, there's more rope to hang himself with.

Couldnt of put it better myself!

I'd rather see Michael Parkinson interview MJ. I think he's pretty good. he always let's his guests talk and doesn't interrupt them and asks good questions.

In 2003 Michael Parkinson said Michael Jackson is one star he wouldn't have on his show. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance if he had the chance to interview Michael. Anyway Michael Parkinson's show was axed in 2008, and he was quite a bland interviewer on his return as a chatshow host in 1998. Jonathan Ross maybe a joker, but he's a very knowledgable and intelligent and does as some very good questions. Michael Parkinson's interviews from 1998 were psychopantic and purely PR driven and the questions/interview seemed very rehearsed.

Jonathan Ross was initally a televsion researcher who became a televsion personailty and interviewer, comedian because he couldn't find a person for a Channel 4 show called The Last Resort he was producing so he stepped in. Jonathan Ross is a fan of music and films, and has great knowledge in those areas. Michael Parkinson was a journalist who worked for tabloids than went in to televison. Parkinson's approch to interviews is on of a tabloid approch, where as Ross's approch is one of a fan of entertainment. I personally prefer Jonathan Ross's approch, and he pretty much has the same tastes as me in music and films etc which is why I avidly watch his chat show and listen to his radio show.

I think an interview with Jonathan Ross would go very well for Michael. I don't know how Michael would feel about being interviewed in front of an audience or Jonathan Ross's sense of humor. But my view is that Michael would feel a lot more comfortable with someone like Jonathan Ross than a tabloid hack like Parkinson who's well know for not getting his research right on those he's interviewed. Michael Parkinson has great prestigue because of he was the first UK interviewer to get Hollywood stars like Fred Astaire etc on his show in the 1980's. But he's not actually a great interviewer like Sir David Frost or Larry King.

Last edited:
ok, soooo I like the interview he did with Janet, but i don't know about an interview with MJ.......

ok, soooo I like the interview he did with Janet, but i don't know about an interview with MJ.......

I understand fans reservations about the prospect (even though it may never happen) of Michael appearing on Jonathan Ross's show.

To appear on JR you need to roll with the punches, it's nothing personal but he does like to poke fun sometimes, in a good way.

There isnt really anyone out there thats that BIG at the moment, a member of the royal family maybe?

I dont think Mj would suit that type of show, he is too big for it

I hope Michael doesn't go on that show... Jonathan Ross is an idiot, he's become so annyoing he needs taking off the air he's old news and boring.

would like to see michael do an interview in that sort of setting, live on Tv, infront of an audience :)

Jonathon ross replied on twitter saying it wasnt Michael
porkypig1716230.gif

Th-Th-That's All, Folks!!! :wine:

^
rofl :lol:

but why did he go, "Sorry, it is NOT Michael Jackson..."

-.- what is thattt supposed to mean?? *pissed off face*

You know...MJ should do a show with Larry King..

a phone in would be awesome as well...I think it would be really good...MJ is much more chatty on the phone then being put on the spotlight with cameras and stuff..and I have been waiting for a Larry interview with MJ for years...they talk to eachother, Larry is a good guy, a well established journalist....I cant figure out why MJ is not going on his show...just do a phone in...

Michael Jackson going onto Jonathan Ross show, is like him going on the Jay Leno show!

Ross is an uncouth, foul mouthed creep, who makes vile 'jokes' about Michael and plastic surgery, and worse his relationship with children, the last 'joke' was suggesting that Michael was a danger to kids.

I have never watched that trash since and don't think Michael would touch it with a barge pole.

Back