Two new interviews with Akon and Will.I.Am about Michael's album

I seem to remember either reading or watching a short interview in which Mike said he was taking his music in a new direction, somewhere his fans wouldn't expect him to go. It seems to me that with reports of Kanye, Akon, and T-Pain doing collaborations with him, maybe he's going for a more hip-hop/rap sound.. I could see Mike doing a little rap... Just listen to Shout from the single release of Cry, he's got some flow skills. Whatever he chooses to do with his music, I'll just be glad to see him release it. I miss that voice!

There was a quote by Will.I.Am in the past saying that the songs he and Michael worked on were "upbeat and dancefloor ready". Most of Will.I.Am's work is more upbeat, although he has produced some slower songs. This doesn't go with what was said in this article. Was this article even translated properly? I wouldn't believe anything yet at all. Just my opinion.
The article in Spanish says:

"Los ritmos no son muy "alocados". Pero definitivamente las vocales son simplemente increíbles. Algunas canciones podrían quedar para la posteridad."

We don't have the original English he used, but "alocado" means "wild" or "crazy". So he's just saying the beats aren't too crazy, not that it isn't dance music.

All I care about right now are his VOCALS! Everything will fall into place, but knowing that his voice is still incredible is all I care about right now. GO MJ!

My thoughts exactly!

It really makes no odds to me who he works with and what they say about his new music, Im not second guessing anything or judging the new music purely on the people hes worked with ...it will be Michaels work at the end of the day, Im really looking forward to it. Dont spoil it for yourselves by judging it before you even hear it.

The new album isn't gonna be another Invincible. I can't see MJ wanted to make a clone of Invincible, he's allready made that album and all of MJ's albums sound different from one another anyway

Bigno. When has any of Michael's albums sounded even remotley similar to one another? Answere: Never. I find it hystarical how some of you are so quick to label and judge what the album is going to sound like based off a few rumors and small tidbits from some of the people Michael's worked with. The album hasn't even come out yet and half of you are already dissing it. Gotta love Michael's fans. Loyal ans supportive to the end. :rolleyes2:

Are their pix of when Akon, MJ, and Prince went to the public movie theatre? :p

Oh and I WANT THIS ALBUM NOW!!!!!

I have heard some of those songs and I have to say it proves how much great singing can make as a result. In overall those songs are quite a simple but singing is from another planet. I have never heard anything like that. And it's all good.

err, you're saying you've heard the new songs? what?
can you just clarify what songs you're talking about

mee too!!@TOPFLUX??? your saying you have heard the start of the new project??***

Clarify please!!

The new projects are at last becoming unveiled, michael said he was working on lots, and so it begins!!

March / April you mark my words!! hehe

At last the true time is here!!

Sorry guys im just very excited

Oh and dont worry as i have said time and time again! Vince was not what we was supposed to get! This will be!!

Akon did say a very true thing, this time its last chance for Michael, if it dont go off with this one then ya know it not going to happen again!

Thats why mICHAEL so choosy, and also do you really think Michael Joseph Jackson **KING OF POP!!** dont know what is a good tune!! He said himself!! these words in the ebony interview!!

I WANT TO MAKE MUSIC THAT EVERYONE FROM THE CLEANER TO THE MUSICIAN CAN WHISTLE HUM, AND SING!! A SOUND FOR EVERYONE !!

My god and some of you really still doubt this guy!!

Prepare to be shocked !!

Terry

The best thing any of us can do right not is NOT to project our wants and desires too much on Michael and this project. This man is gonna create something that he first an foremost love, the reaction from the fan base and others come after. None of us can truly say by these little tidbits we've been getting that we are gonna love this album or not.

We have been waiting awhile, so just hang on a bit longer and see what transpires.

mee too!!@TOPFLUX??? your saying you have heard the start of the new project??***

Clarify please!!

The new projects are at last becoming unveiled, michael said he was working on lots, and so it begins!!

March / April you mark my words!! hehe

At last the true time is here!!

Sorry guys im just very excited

Oh and dont worry as i have said time and time again! Vince was not what we was supposed to get! This will be!!

Akon did say a very true thing, this time its last chance for Michael, if it dont go off with this one then ya know it not going to happen again!

Thats why mICHAEL so choosy, and also do you really think Michael Joseph Jackson **KING OF POP!!** dont know what is a good tune!! He said himself!! these words in the ebony interview!!

I WANT TO MAKE MUSIC THAT EVERYONE FROM THE CLEANER TO THE MUSICIAN CAN WHISTLE HUM, AND SING!! A SOUND FOR EVERYONE !!

My god and some of you really still doubt this guy!!

Prepare to be shocked !!

Terry

Thats just being stupidly optimistic.
No fan can say when somethin will happen and be as sure as you are. LoL
Im surprised that you dont believe people can doubt Michael. We have seen nothin (yet?).

I really cant wait 4 this album to come out...really miss him

Yeezy, to be perfectly honest dont care what you think or say , my interest and excitement for these new projects will not dampen but get positively more and more!

I know when Michael is about to strike, if you have been a fan as long as i have you would do!!

Im not saying we will have anything as early as April may, but in order to have new material out for summer or even fall release he has to have some master copies to put to cutting room mastering for then.

I fully believe that 1. He has new spokesperson, so there is more coming out of his once very quiet *camp* again.
2. new projects getting announced.
3. More and more info comin out about newalbum/ singles project that may happen at time scale i said.

IMO!!

I think Michael ready to make the big bang again.

I also think that these quotes will i am saying, was about new music being soulful and melodic, not just any kind of weird sounds thought up, maybe using real instruments again , a sound that i fully believe is missing in a lot of todays releases!!
This is how the real classics stay timeless.

Terry

Honestly, Michael has a better sense of musicality then anyone here, so our trust in his judgement should be secure. It's obvious, I think, that Michael is gearing up to release something soon. When it happens, I think it will be totally by suprise and unexpected, without forwarning. It's gonna be huge, I'm sure of it.

I trust his musical judgment and will be happy to hear any of his creations and collaborations. He brings out the best in people. Things they didn't even know were there. I'm excited to hear anything he has to offer, and can't wait till the album is out.

wannabe when did darryl from run dmc say that about mike. Very cool!!

also I just checked out "stop playin" on youtube & the song is hot. You can just tell mike would have blazed it up on that song. However the music sounds kinda like they bit off of michael previous work :mello:eek:r like michael may have recorded this kinda music already, but (they) added alittle hip hop favor. Anyway, the point is the song had MAD PO-PO as in POtential. sooooo... yall "stop playin" :rofl: yall know this album is gonna be HOT HOT HOOOT to deff (even if mike did call tpain lol). I can just FEEL it.:yes:

I just wish Michael would release something. If it's taking him a long time to finish this album, he should release an EP or a single or two, just so people know that he's actually working.

As a fan, I get frustrated when he keeps on promising new music and never delivers. Michael, just release something...anything!

First off, Teddy Riley...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Some of my favorite work ever (Dangerous album, Whatever Happens) from MJ comes from the direction of Mr. Riley. If he can even get 2 songs on the album from Teddy I'll be ecstatic.

I'm also very excited to hear that the beats are simple. Some people here are calling in the wahmbulance without even recognizing that most of MJ's best work is minimalistic. Songs like "Billie Jean," "Beat it," "Rock with you,"Man in the Mirror," "Dirty Diana," "Smooth Criminal," "Remember the Time," "Whatever Happens," etc. are all minimalist songs. Yeah, he's had some great songs with complex beats like "Don't Stop...," "Jam," maybe "Earth Song," but imo MJ's best work has always been songs focused around simple beats and his amazing vocals. His harmonies have always been his best musical asset imo. The more a new album focuses on simple beats and MJ vocals, the better.

We'll just have to wait and see!

yes knowing that Teddy is a possibility is good. :)

im too worn out from waiting to get excited anymore honestly :rolleyes2: itll happen when it happens. i wont be surprised if its 2..3 years from now...

seems like its soon tho.

Hey Mikejoefan, the quote is from Killer Queen's August 1987 article from Sky magazine.

Anyway, one thing people also should remember is that along with Michael's backing and main vocals, his percussion sections are often what really stand out in his music, along with the melody. I wouldn't worry in the least about who he's working with. It's Michael Jackson we're talking about here. You know it's going to be as good as it gets.

who said lady gaga was workin wit mike??

Bobmoo79 said it a few posts back. Not saying its a fact or anything, just one more rumour to add to the list. I can't really see that happening anyway.

I think a lot of pressure is on Mike to put out a GREAT album, otherwise you will have people saying he is washed up or whatever. No matter what he does it will be difficult to repeat a "Off the Wall" or "Thriller". There will always be someone trying to compare the new album with Thriller and Invincible for that matter.
I would be satisfied with anything that is as good as Invincible. I like the idea of having a few "great" songs, than a whole bunch of "filler" songs. But its his album, and he can do whatever he likes.

I have heard some of those songs and I have to say it proves how much great singing can make as a result. In overall those songs are quite a simple but singing is from another planet. I have never heard anything like that. And it's all good.
For real?

noooo... Topflux mate stop winding people up and get back to remixing.

and cheers Nic for forwarding this, Alma come back.

Hey Mikejoefan, the quote is from Killer Queen's August 1987 article from Sky magazine.

Anyway, one thing people also should remember is that along with Michael's backing and main vocals, his percussion sections are often what really stand out in his music, along with the melody. I wouldn't worry in the least about who he's working with. It's Michael Jackson we're talking about here. You know it's going to be as good as it gets.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D9cQOcAC_K8

nuff said:bugeyed

know when Michael is about to strike, if you have been a fan as long as i have you would do!!
to be fair you have been saying that for the last 3 years. theres one thing being excited hopeful and then theres another.

Back