Two new interviews with Akon and Will.I.Am about Michael's album

Ok, so who is going to rush off and create an 'MJ Comeback 2009 teaser' for youtube!?!?

Joking apart, i wish we could just have some kind of confirmation from MJ himself that he is indeed working on a new studio album and when he expects it to be ready.

I just hope he leaves the robotic sounds (Heartbreaker, Morphine, Threatend) behind and get's back to live intruments! :)

I have faith Michael will bring out the best in whomever he works with ad Mike himself will bring his A-game.

ahhhh, give it two or three more years. you know, to really fine tune it ;)

noooo... Topflux mate stop winding people up and get back to remixing..

Sorry, I typed wrong. I meant to type "I have heard OF some of those songs"... I don't want to talk about Michael's new album, it's not my business. I think we will soon hear more about it.

And I've been remixing from time to time... I'm just waiting this new material to come out...

Yeah I love that quote it's nice and funny at the same time.
yeah, It's was lovely to read

Hey Mikejoefan, the quote is from Killer Queen's August 1987 article from Sky magazine.

Anyway, one thing people also should remember is that along with Michael's backing and main vocals, his percussion sections are often what really stand out in his music, along with the melody. I wouldn't worry in the least about who he's working with. It's Michael Jackson we're talking about here. You know it's going to be as good as it gets.
Oh okay, thanks.

Bobmoo79 said it a few posts back. Not saying its a fact or anything, just one more rumour to add to the list. I can't really see that happening anyway.

I think a lot of pressure is on Mike to put out a GREAT album, otherwise you will have people saying he is washed up or whatever. No matter what he does it will be difficult to repeat a "Off the Wall" or "Thriller". There will always be someone trying to compare the new album with Thriller and Invincible for that matter.
I would be satisfied with anything that is as good as Invincible. I like the idea of having a few "great" songs, than a whole bunch of "filler" songs. But its his album, and he can do whatever he likes.
I completely and totaly AGREE with you on this. It is so much pressure on michael and I think poor michael knows it, which is why he is working so hard on it. It really annoys me when his own fans keep pressuring him to release something or keep regurgitating that same corny 2020 joke.

ahhn ahhhhhn. no you didn't post that up here.:hysterical: That vid, always makes me laugh. Michael did sound amazing, especially on "always in the seeeeEEeeasss" lol (I think that's what he said or was it.. "trees") lol I don't know. On a side note eddie needs to back up out of michael's face. lol

I like what Will said about the record. No intricate beats is a good thing. In hip-hop, an intricate beat is a shitty beat. It sounds like this will be a vocal record focusing on great vocal performances which is awesome. I can't wait for 2020 when the album finally drops.

I like what Will said about the record. No intricate beats is a good thing. In hip-hop, an intricate beat is a shitty beat. It sounds like this will be a vocal record focusing on great vocal performances which is awesome. I can't wait for 2020 when the album finally drops.

HA!
Good one Bob. I'm still holding my breath, hoping the album gets released sometime between now and 2075.

Hollaback.

Another album I'm looking forward to that has been in production since 2005 is Raekwon's Only Built for Cuban Linx 2.. I wonder who will release an album first?

:)

^^ What? Raekwon ain't released that album yet!?! :blink:

Now that you mention it, Dr. Dre has been planning "Detox" for ten summers...

Quality work takes a long-time to process, but god damnit Mike, release some SHIT! XD

Anyway some more "MJ Studio" news. Thats a good sign...

yeah, It's was lovely to read

Oh okay, thanks.

I completely and totaly AGREE with you on this. It is so much pressure on michael and I think poor michael knows it, which is why he is working so hard on it. It really annoys me when his own fans keep pressuring him to release something or keep regurgitating that same corny 2020 joke.

The fact that Mike hasn't released an album in 7 years is one of the biggest reasons for people to say he is washed up or a has been. Waiting to release and album is only making it worse.
If he released albums more regularly, say every 2 years it wouldn't matter so much if one didn't hit the mark because he's be back soon after.

The last point of reference which people have is Vince, which was widely panned and hounded for being a flop album. No matter how well it actually sold, people think it wasn't good and flopped, so it's no wonder they think Mike is over. If he had released other more successful albums since Vince, it would be long forgotten by now.

well mj has never released albums every few years cause hes spent a couple of years promoting them. there suposedly where plans for a new release b4 the crap hit the fan. wheteher thats true i dont really know. but the last 5 years cant be helpled.most of the gen public dont even remember vince due to what we all know. but yes the longer it is left the harder it is. which is why to some extent i wish mj had got back on his bike straight away so to speak like in 93

You couldn't really expect him to jump straight back in though, considering what the trial did to him both physically and emotionally.

If he released albums more regularly, say every 2 years it wouldn't matter so much if one didn't hit the mark because he's be back soon after.
Funny you say that cus janet has been doing that since 2004's 'Damita Jo' and each album after the next just kept selling even less than the last.

Maybe everybody can go back pre-1970 when the average act released 2 or 3 albums a year and recorded a whole album in a couple of days. With a 4 track machine at that. :p

the release date is obviously very close now...

though i'm not liking the sound of the collaborations. I know times have moved on. But it's like i still prefer stevie wonder over akon type thing. hhmmm....I'd rather a close sound to OTW then Invicible. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

But nontheless...Bless you michael for giving us more of your music...YESSSS

All of Michael's albums sound different from one another, so I'm really not understanding this mentality of thinking the album is going to sound like either "Off The Wall" or "Invincible". The bottom line is, no one here has a clue as to what the album will sound like, and we also have to accept that this is how Michael works and he ain't gonna release anything until he's ready.

I read about the Will.i.am "interview" in "Mojo" magazine and it was not a whole page of it. It was like on the side of the page. I should have bought the magazine because they talked about Motown but I never did that.

Back