UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute ~ Youtube video on pg.9

Re: Dancing With the Stars Celebrating Thriller 25 Tonight

Well they'd have to pay more money to actually play the original recording. They're just being cheap, lol.

Yeah but if they sing any song off of Thriller he wrote such as WBSS, Billie Jean or Beat It doesn't matter who is singing them as the song writer he is going to get paid very well :)

Dancing with the Stars mentions Thriller tribute should be tomorrow night - Tuesday 04/29/08
416x110b_mj.gif

Dancing with the Stars mentions Thriller tribute should be tomorrow night - Tuesday 04/29/08
416x110b_mj.gif

Did they actually say it was airing tomorrow? I thought the host just said Travis Payne was choreographing the Thriller tribute? I thought on tomorrow's show Dance Center with Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice was returning and Def Leppard was performing.

Is it tomorrow or May 13th? this is getting to be confusing.

I watched it last night an they stated that it will be tonight and they also said there will a special musical guest. Mike is too big for that show, so it can't be him. Well, we will see what happens.

Last edited:

so is this happening tonight in America or next week? *UK person confused lol *

Lol, can you imagine Michael on "Dancing With The Stars"? Michael would be showing the pros. how to move. He is a pro. though, basically, so I don't think he would qualify, actually. They probably wouldn't LET him on the show, lol.

Christian did a tango to Beat It, even though he was injured. He had a glitter glove on too.

lol...i notice the dancing with the stars banner on the bottom of this page. is abc tv looking on this site?

^^ Duran Duran, that was the "tribute to Michael Jackson's Thriller"?

Is that what you're saying or are you referring to another episode?

WHAT?? oh damn i missed it then??..i switched it on now and all i see is latin dancing

Last edited:

It was earlier in the show tonight.

it was just one dance that Christian did to Beat It. No one else performed to any of his songs.

maybe they're gonna do something special for the 100th episode tomorrow?

I thought the thriller tribute was gonna be on the 13th?!?!

Today just Christian and Cheryl danced to MJ's Beat It. It wasn't the tribute. After the dance was done, the host then promoted the upcoming Thriller tribute and said Omarion would be doing it.

Omarion? Blah. I thought the professionals would be doing it. Oh well. When's it airing?

i just saw the beat it samba...boy..everytime MJ is involved with something..it's tension filled, drama, exciting. the word boring is not in the vocabulary. the guy dancing is supposed to be having surgery..but he scored well. and as history would have it...people involving MJ in their competitions, win. as of now, he and his partner are not in the lead..but things can change. it was a cool dance. if i am not mistaking, the host said the tribute will be tomorrow, at nine pm in the east and west united states...

I doubt it's tomorrow because they're celebrating their 100th show and for weeks they've been promoting that so many of their past stars will be returning.

The description for tomorrow's show:

The seventh results show of the season---and 100th episode of the series---features Rascal Flatts singing "Life Is a Highway" and "Every Day." Also: performances by alumni, including Season 4 champion Apolo Anton Ohno, Melanie Brown, Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone, Jerry Rice, Jane Seymour and Mario Lopez.

So I think May 13th will be the day.

Last edited:

I doubt it's tomorrow because they're celebrating their 100th show and for weeks they've been promoting that so many of their past stars will be returning.

The description for tomorrow's show:

The seventh results show of the season---and 100th episode of the series---features Rascal Flatts singing "Life Is a Highway" and "Every Day." Also: performances by alumni, including Season 4 champion Apolo Anton Ohno, Melanie Brown, Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone, Jerry Rice, Jane Seymour and Mario Lopez.

So I think May 13th will be the day.

well then, it was another one of those i'll-announce-vaguely-using-MJ's name-and-slip-in-tomorrow-at-nine moments, then, because the announcer seemed to be combining the promo, and saying it all starts tomorrow. i guess it's one of many who use MJ to get u to watch an entire season of a program.

and it is during May sweeps, so it does make sense.

Last edited:

That was funny how he did the knee up and then hit it down at the end, lol.

Today just Christian and Cheryl danced to MJ's Beat It. It wasn't the tribute. After the dance was done, the host then promoted the upcoming Thriller tribute and said Omarion would be doing it.

Did anyone else notice the white gloves they were wearing during Beat It? Wasn't there anyone who could tell them the white glove was worn in Billie Jean?

The Thriller tribute is tonight. 8 PM on ABC.

I don't think they cared, they just wanted somethng MJ to wear. Many people do the moonwalk and other MJ stuff when they do MJ that wasn't done when MJ did the song they were doing.

lol that sucked

Props for doing an MJ tribute though! :D

I don't think that the tribute is scheduled until May 13th. Tonight they have a "Best of Dance" special and the 100th episode special with Rascal Flatts and past performers.

Back