UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute ~ Youtube video on pg.9

Re: Dancing With the Stars Celebrating Thriller 25 tomorrow

what day is this on? lol Cause on April 23, there's no listings for dancing with the stars.

Thanks for the info.
*edit* Dag! Did I miss it?!:eek:

Since the performers danced last night in competition, it is most likely a one dance/song routine.

That's what I thought.
I didnt see anything last night (4-21-08) even tho I was
channel surfing. Lol!

So tonight (4-22-08) is the eliminations, right?

Was there a dance or not?
Im confizzled.:mello:

Are we sure it's this episode that they are going to have the "Thriller 25" theme? Because I have checked on rockontv.com and they have Ashley Simpson singing on tonight's episode. I guess we will see when it comes out.

Here is the information that I saw:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=&motvId=&days=&startdoc=123

Show:Dancing with the Stars 6

Episode:(#606A) - 2008/04/22

Network:(ABC) ABC Television

Date:Tuesday - April 22, 2008

Time:9/8c PM

Duration:1:02
episode_descr_tab.gif

about: Dancing with the Stars 6: (#606A) - 2008/04/22
After tallying the judges' scores and viewers' votes, the sixth couple to be eliminated from the competition is revealed on the "Dancing with the Stars" results show. Musical guest Ashlee Simpson steps onto the dance floor performing "Boys" from her latest album, "Bittersweet World," in stores Tuesday, April 22. She'll be accompanied by ballroom dancing experts Artem Chigvintsev, Genya Mazo, Lilit Avagyan and Anna Tovbin.
"Macy's Stars of Dance" will feature a troupe from the renowned Irish dance show "Riverdance." The popular stage show, featuring the best in Irish dancing and music, has been a success since its debut in 1995. "Macy's Stars of Dance" features some of the best choreographers and performers from different styles of dance, offering viewers performances that represent the peak of achievement in their genres.
For the third week in a row, kids will shake and shimmy their way into America's hearts in a live ballroom dancing competition. Judges Bruno Tonioli, Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba will select their favorite team of the night. That team will then return later in the season for another performance. This week two teams, thirteen years-old and under, will compete. By evening's end, the celebrity with the lowest-composite score will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges' scores and viewers' votes.

Last edited:

I heard them mention it last night, but didn't catch the day that they were going to do it, but a few fans said it was tonight.

the original message of the thread was posted yesterday. I edited the title to say tonight.

Re: Dancing With the Stars Celebrating Thriller 25 Tonight

I have it on now, and so far, nothing MJ-related. Maybe it's next week's show. :unsure: But I'll keep it on, just in case I start hearing "THRILLAAAAA, Thrilla niiight" coming from the tv! lol

Thanks to all for the tv alert. :flowers:

LOL...Please keep us updated guys, and if anyone can record it and upload it to youtube please let us non-US based know.

The show is going off now and there was no Thriller. I guess we keep our eyes peeled for next week, then. Night all. :flowers:

This is disappointing! :/

It was definitely mentioned last night that they were going to show it. I relied on other fans to verify when it was going to show....I guess it'll be next week, but we'll get a verification on it.

Sorry guys! :(

Last edited:

^ :( I just hope this isn't another Grammy/BET thing.

MJ wasn't mentioned as appearing. It's a tribute to Thriller 25.

hmmM! I hope there will be something maybe next week..

Maybe last night they said.. Next week..

I mean why would they dedicate ELIMINATION NIGHT to Thriller???

wouldn't it be the performance night?

I mean why would they dedicate ELIMINATION NIGHT to Thriller???

wouldn't it be the performance night?

Well they wouldn't do it on the day the celebs do their dances. Elimination night is when the pros usually dance to things.

This is awsome Michael love going mad just now :D even people in my College are talking about him

This is awsome Michael love going mad just now :D even people in my College are talking about him

True! In my college I heard my neighbor play Billie Jean. Also on my way to my foundation and Design class, I passed by the Printmaking classroom they were playing the Thriller 25 album.
I always play MJ in my Foundation and Design Class, or speak about him lol. None of my class mates hate.

^ yeah! We were playing games in my friends dorm room...about 6 of us. And one of theme started blasting Number Ones...the whole album haha. it was cool.

i thought it was made clear that the Thriller tribute was not going on, On the actual show ??

Did I mis-read that fact ??

Unless someone that attended the tribute actually taped it, we are not likely to see it.

the singer sounds as if dying.

I don't understand. Is there going to be a DWTS Thriller 25 tribute in the future?

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing others singing Michaels songs. I want so badly to hear him sing and perform, I can hardly wait. :mello:
Anywho, thanks for the news.

soo did this happen?? they have cheesy music on that show. they never play the actual singers song. but an ugly karokee version. why o why

Thanks LMR!

Dancing With Stars will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson during this seasons semi-finals. No date has been set so far for Janet’s performance yet but if this is all tied in to one big show this would probably be the most viewed episode in Dancing With The Stars history. The Michael Jackson tribute will air Tuesday May 13th!

I will keep you guys updated as more details com in.

http://www.realityshowaddict.com/

Thanks LMR!

Dancing With Stars will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson during this seasons semi-finals. No date has been set so far for Janet’s performance yet but if this is all tied in to one big show this would probably be the most viewed episode in Dancing With The Stars history. The Michael Jackson tribute will air Tuesday May 13th!

Excellent news AngieJ thank you :flowers: This timing makes perfect sense for May sweeps when viewership is in much larger numbers.

Thanks LMR!

I was just about to post this.....so it looks like May 13th will be the date Thrillermania reighns on DWTS!:punk:

I don't like that they have ppl singing the songs on that show..

most of the time they destroy the song.. And of course that will result in VOTES for that person..

Well they'd have to pay more money to actually play the original recording. They're just being cheap, lol.

Back