Why do fans run down Michael's family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its horrible when I read threads that criticise Michaels family, how would he feel reading them? I'm sure he would be very upset. How would you feel if someone you didn't know was saying derogatory stuff about your family openly on the internet? Michael said don't judge people until you have actually met them. I don't even hate his dad, Michael loved him and although I don't agree with how he beat Michael I admire how hard he worked and like it or not, without Joe Jackson, we would have no Michael so I have a lot of respect for him.

I Agree with you so much
Michae love his family so much.. without family you have nothing like he says...
It get me mad when fans trying to run his family down... Like Latoya.. :S
I Love his family, and him too!...I wish I could be part of his family.. they are so great

I mean... If you Love Michael.. How do you know if he reading all the things his fans talking about his family? He will be really sad about it...Poor michael :(

Why hate Joe? Joe MADE michael... if there was no Joe. there will be no Michael..
But Of course I only hate the way Joe treat Michael when he was little.. But I think the family will be nothing without Joe.. He was the boss of the family.. :)
I love michaels family very much.. they are so sweet.. especially marlon and janet :)

People are turning on Katherine and bashing her now.. what the funk?! Michael would NOT be pleased.

WHAT? Katherine? OMG WHY?...She is a very good mother :( she loved his son (MJ)... it what she said on a TV... sad someone runing her now

Their actions speak loud and clear if they wouldn't behave the way they do they wouldn't be criticized.
And people NEVEr bash ALL of them, have you heard a single person bashing Jackie? Rebbie? 3t? Those who sell stories and act suspicious are the ones being criticized.
Randy is after the estate like a money hungry dog same goes for his father, Jermaine is making a living out of Michaels death. Marlon and Tito, Latoya sold stories to the rotten tabloids just days after Michaels death, some of them with the exception of Tito even going as far as questioning the children's parentage.
Of course for some of u this means nothing since in ur eyes the kids are not even his to begin with, so the family is allowed to hurt little children in this way.
People like Marlon who himself got two CAUCASIAN BLONDE and light eyed grandchildren has the audacity to say ''I dont know since I was not there.. but it doesnt matter where they came from''
If it doesn't matter DO NOT MENTION! In Marlons perception his daughter who is just as black as his brother is since his wife is black too, is fully capable of having 2 pale, blonde children but his brother isn't. Although Prince has got vitiligo and Blanket seems to be a lighter version of Michael himself. So what to do with grown middle aged people who use and abuse Michael and sell him and his kids out to get their mug out and their career rolling? Praise them for that? Certainly NOT

Last edited:
MJ fanboards seems to have become a hate fest. It is very cringing to see. This does not convey Mj's message of love.

I think your Baldwin quote says it all:

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."
James A. Baldwin

there is a lot of hypocrisy on this board. i'm in on it, too.
most of everybody who fiercely protects MJ's family, fiercely scrutinizes MJ, himself. most of the people on this board, puposely put up threads so fans can bash each other, and fight among themselves, and get threads closed, just for the hell of it. most of the people on this board, fiercely defend every member of the Jackson family, except one or two.

most of the people on this board..etc etc. u get my drift?

the only people who can be cited as exceptions, are the people that hardly comment on this board, at all.

I think we all have suffered a terrible loss, and when people are in mourning they behave in extraordinary way sometimes. We need healing and we need to come back to centre.

Something I've noticed for years & I have to ask the question.

Why do some fans feel so free to run down Michael's family members the way they do?

It's a little sickening how these fans think they know better than Michael's actual family on how to deal with situations. It's almost like these fans want to wall off Michael to themselves as an island from his relatives.

What gets me is the lack of respect. Where's the respect? Michael didn't just come poof out of the sky. His family is a big part of who shaped him into the person he was flaws, virtues, & all. They were there at his trial. All 9 siblings together. Mother & father.

We ARE a "family" to Michael but we come AFTER Michael's blood family. And if we want to REALLY be a "family" to Michael we would show some sort of decorum to his primary support system, his blood family.

We don't have to agree on everything they do but the attacks are really over the line as far as I see it.

I'm tired of seeing fans run down Jermaine & Joe & any other family member they feel in their over-opinionated minds isn't acting the way they think they should act.

Questioning why Jermaine would try to continue doing Michael's work in honor of him? Asking if he's trying to use this to promote himself & never thinking that this maybe his way of trying to get a grip on his grief by continuing in Michael's humanitarian legacy.

This has bothered me for years & I just had to ask the question. Why?
John Lucas

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I read the thread, yes all 11 pages lol, and most of the responses have been posted. Some fans like to only see the negative that the family has done to Mike. But the positive they've done all gets pushed aside. Some fans like to think Mike can do no wrong, and can never accept that fact that Mike messes up at times. When he did mess up, who was there to help him recover? Fans like to think everyone is out to get Michael, but wont accept the fact that sometimes Mike is the reason behind some of his own unfortunate consequences.

We don't know what everyone on Michael's family is like. Obviously I love Michael's three 3 children Prince, Paris and Blanket, and Michael's mother Katherine. I like Michael's brothers with my favorites being Jackie and Tito, and I really like Marlon he seems very gentle like Michael. I like Jermaine, but his hunger fame and appearing on too many chat shows, award shows and reality television can be off putting. My opinion of LaToya is the same as Jermaine, I like her but her need for fame, and doing too many interviews about Michael can sometimes be off putting. I have nothing negative to say about Janet, she seems like the perfect sister. Rebbie, I have no opinion of her as I've only seen one interview of hers, she seemed ok but she tends to stay out of the media. I don't have an opinion on Randy, he also rarely gives interviews, but I think he was very close to Michael, so he has my respect. Michael's father Joesph, I actually have always liked him but I don't like the way he talks about Michael as a "superstar" and not as a person ie son.

I have no opinion of most of the Jackson siblings children, Tito's sons have always been cool in my book and I like Jackie's children Siggy and Brandi. Jermaine's son Jafar also seems like a cool and well mannered kid, and all of Jermaine's children look well mannered.

I guess somes fans are jealous of Michael's family especially his nieces and nephews. I remember reading Tarryls tribute to Michael in the memorial program which went something like this "To the world Michael Jackson is an Icon, to me he's Uncle Michael which is even better". When I read it, I thought "I wish I could have been his nephew or even cousin and written that". I really liked what Tarrly wrote, and that was my favorite tribute to Michael from in the memorial program.

The only thing I don't like are Marlon and Janet more a less saying that fans saw Michael only as an Icon. I understand and respect the loss of Michael is far more heartbreaking than any of us fans, because they knew Michael as a person that we never knew. But I think some members of the Jackson family may not relise that many fans saw Michael not just as an Icon but also a person who had feelings (even though we didn't know him on a personal level), and I think Michael knew this, which is why he attended fan events like Killer Thriller etc that other music Icons would never have appeared at.

We don't know what everyone on Michael's family is like. Obviously I love Michael's three 3 children Prince, Paris and Blanket, and Michael's mother Katherine. I like Michael's brothers with my favorites being Jackie and Tito, and I really like Marlon he seems very gentle like Michael. I like Jermaine, but his hunger fame and appearing on too many chat shows, award shows and reality television can be off putting. My opinion of LaToya is the same as Jermaine, I like her but her need for fame, and doing too many interviews about Michael can sometimes be off putting. I have nothing negative to say about Janet, she seems like the perfect sister. Rebbie, I have no opinion of her as I've only seen one interview of hers, she seemed ok but she tends to stay out of the media. I don't have an opinion on Randy, he also rarely gives interviews, but I think he was very close to Michael, so he has my respect. Michael's father Joesph, I actually have always liked him but I don't like the way he talks about Michael as a "superstar" and not as a person ie son.

I have no opinion of most of the Jackson siblings children, Tito's sons have always been cool in my book and I like Jackie's children Siggy and Brandi. Jermaine's son Jafar also seems like a cool and well mannered kid, and all of Jermaine's children look well mannered.

I guess somes fans are jealous of Michael's family especially his nieces and nephews. I remember reading Tarryls tribute to Michael in the memorial program which went something like this "To the world Michael Jackson is an Icon, to me he's Uncle Michael which is even better". When I read it, I thought "I wish I could have been his nephew or even cousin and written that". I really liked what Tarrly wrote, and that was my favorite tribute to Michael from in the memorial program.

The only thing I don't like are Marlon and Janet more a less saying that fans saw Michael only as an Icon. I understand and respect the loss of Michael is far more heartbreaking than any of us fans, because they knew Michael as a person that we never knew. But I think some members of the Jackson family may not relise that many fans saw Michael not just as an Icon but also a person who had feelings (even though we didn't know him on a personal level), and I think Michael knew this, which is why he attended fan events like Killer Thriller etc that other music Icons would never have appeared at.

Great Post. Agree.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I read the thread, yes all 11 pages lol, and most of the responses have been posted. Some fans like to only see the negative that the family has done to Mike. But the positive they've done all gets pushed aside. Some fans like to think Mike can do no wrong, and can never accept that fact that Mike messes up at times. When he did mess up, who was there to help him recover? Fans like to think everyone is out to get Michael, but wont accept the fact that sometimes Mike is the reason behind some of his own unfortunate consequences.

u really need to check urself. u don't have anything solid to back that up. u certainly have no backup to what u say about Michael. and this is not the time for it.

u really need to check urself. u don't have anything solid to back that up. u certainly have no backup to what u say about Michael. and this is not the time for it.

Thank you for proving my point.

Now tell me, what prompted you to hit that quote button? The fact that I said fans don't like to accept the fact that Mike is the reason behind some of his own consequences? I'm almost certain that's what it is. Tell me what it is sweetheart. I'm listening....

dq6vqf.gif

This poor family is going through grief. It would be really nice if people would lay off the bashing.

Thank you for proving my point.

Now tell me, what prompted you to hit that quote button? The fact that I said fans don't like to accept the fact that Mike is the reason behind some of his own consequences? I'm almost certain that's what it is. Tell me what it is sweetheart. I'm listening....

dq6vqf.gif

ur ALMOST certain? are you REALLY listening?

u didn't prove any point.

perhaps you really are here, just to be Mr. Difficult.

I agree. People who treat Mike like he was perfect put an unreasonable expectation on him. He had his faults just like anyone else, but people really need to look at what both sides (Mike and his brothers) have said: they have their problems, but they work through them.

When you're put under a microscope though, the family riffs and the faults of each person are magnified. People love to dissect that stuff for some reason.

ur ALMOST certain? are you REALLY listening?

u didn't prove any point.

perhaps you really are here, just to be Mr. Difficult.

So tell me what about my post upset you?

Is it because I said Mike just may have the reason behind some of his own misfortunes? Are you one of those ppl I'm talking about that thinks Mike can do no wrong in your eyes? Tell me what it is sir. :wub:

I agree. People who treat Mike like he was perfect put an unreasonable expectation on him. He had his faults just like anyone else, but people really need to look at what both sides (Mike and his brothers) have said: they have their problems, but they work through them.

When you're put under a microscope though, the family riffs and the faults of each person are magnified. People love to dissect that stuff for some reason.

Exactly. :clapping: Ppl like to pick and chose what they want to see and acknowledge. Fans like to only see the negative side of what the other members have done. I'm pretty sure the main ones complaining about how the family has "used" Michael can't even name 3 "good" things they've done for Mike. But I'm almost sure they can name several "bad" things the family has done. :rolleyes2:

the question nobody is asking is why didn't Michael leave his kids in the care of any of his siblings, in case Katherine passed away? I want to hear an explanation and don't start with "he was on drugs" or anything like that

Exactly, and they seem unable to realise that ALL families have problems. when i compare my own family with the Jacksons I see every bit of issues and more in my own family, so why should I judge the Jacksons just because their lives are being played out in public, when my own family and my friends are no better/

So tell me what about my post upset you?

Is it because I said Mike just may have the reason behind some of his own misfortunes? Are you one of those ppl I'm talking about that thinks Mike can do no wrong in your eyes? Tell me what it is sir. :wub:

do you not have the guts to list what misfortunes you assume MJ is responsible for, without proof, sir?

Last edited:
do you not have the guts to list what misfortunes you assume MJ is responsible for, without proof, sir?

Do you really think Mike is not the reason behind some of his own misfortunes? :hysterical: The frivolous spending for which he was notorious? A billionaire's mindset with a millionaire's bank account. The bankruptcy speculations. The auctions. Selling property. Fans choosing the track listing for a greatest hits a few years back. All of that was to put money back into Mike's hands. Spending $70 million on a ranch? He knew he couldn't afford some of that stuff. Mike had accountants and financial planners that all advised against his spending because that's what they do. Who's fault is that? His own.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own actions. As fans, you can't keep pointing the finger because everything is not always everyone else's fault. And that's no hate, that's the truth. That goes for anyone in the world. Constantly pointing the finger at others will get you nowhere in life. It's about taking responsibility and owning up to your mishaps. That's life. It's human nature.

Please stop running michaels family down.. How do you think Michael will feel if he knew his fans hate his family? He will be pretty sad...
Of course its not good the way Joe treated him.. But Joe made Michael to this world and Katherine to!...We will have no Michael without Joe and katherine.. Be grateful they made him to the world :angel:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, that's what makes discussions interesting, but blaming, attacking and bashing the Jackson family members or other MJJC members is not allowed just because you don't agree with them.

For the first 30 years of his life, Michael lived @ home with his mother, father, sisters and brothers....they were never really separated..

As they got older, they went their separate ways, renuniting for dinners, crises and whatnot.

All being said, blood is thicker than water. Anyday.

I agree. The fact that MJ was forgiving and loving of LaToya after her explosive comments during the first allegations speaks to their unbreakable bond. Michael loved all his family greatly.

However, we as fans of course don't have that connection and are critical as we would be of a friend who is in a bad relationship and keeps going back to their significant other.
No matter what the S.O. does, the friend hangs in because they love the person. We don't, so we condemn.

The difference is with a friend, their abuser or whatever does NOT genuinely love our friend. I believe every single person in Michael's family profoundly loved him. They were human and had their own issues, but they loved Michael. Thank god he had them during his many tribulations. I don't think he would have survived without them. But as outsiders looking in, we respond to the negatives. We are not emotionally attached to them, but we do feel an emotional attachment to MJ, so we're protective and critical and to some extent unforgiving.

For instance, my vision of LaToya will always be tainted. But that's my problem, and who the hell am I? Just a fan on the outside looking in on a family dynamic that despite its ups and downs, brought Michael solace. He ALWAYS expressed his love for his family, including Joe, even in his final concert.

So yeah, we should give the family more of a break, but we're a reactive bunch. We don't love them. Michael did.

we're not allowed to bash the Jacksons but don't bash Michael either saying he was a crazy lunatic who had no idea what the hell he was doing with his life that's tabloid trash mentality is that were you take your information from? some of you are more janet or jacksons fans and have that "michael did it to himself" mentality. don't you think the crap we get daily from the media and basically the outside world is more than enough?

we're not allowed to bash the Jacksons but don't bash Michael either saying he was a crazy lunatic who had no idea what the hell he was doing with his life that's tabloid trash mentality is that were you take your information from? some of you are more janet or jacksons fans and have that "michael did it to himself" mentality. don't you think the crap we get daily from the media and basically the outside world is more than enough?
I really do not see the point of bashing a family who have been bereaved unless you have a perfect family yourself who have gone through what they have and come out smelling of roses. what is the purpose of picking these people apart and verbally abusing them? how can we be angry with people who do that to Michael when we use the same strategy for attacking his family?how is that fair to say it is wrong to attack Michael but it is ok to attack his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back