Women's Periods

I was lashing out, yes, but assuming someone needs professional help based on a few words on your computer screen was very demeaning to me, even if it was from a stranger. in my eyes assumptions of a persons character and mental state are best left alone if you dont know them personally. I can assure my mind is very sane, even if I was a victim of my upbringing for a while!

That aside, I appreciate your last post, even if it was a little passive aggressive in parts ;) (note teasing tone) and I apologise if i offended you at all, sir.

We're good. I totally understand where you're coming from. :flowers:

Also, I may stop discussing my sexual health the day men stop scratching their testicles and passing wind in public places.

..and talking about w------.

This is wildly off topic, but I find Sharlene's avatar (presumably of her) to be incredibly hot.

If you're currently on your period, though, then you can disregard me saying that because that's disgusting and I don't want to be within 20 feet of you.

:hysterical:

you're a funny guy

Somebody should start a thread just for when it's "that time of the month" and then us females can post in it when it's our time and just let it all out. :lol:

wow.

13 pages of Women's periods. :lol:

You know how to party. :lol:

This thread brings out the PMS in of all of us, guys included :lol:

... I was discussing the same subject of when is appropriate to discuss such matters, just putting a sexual health stamp on it, rather than just 'Yo girl, my period is so heavy, it looks like i slaughtered a bear in my pants'

:clapping::clapping::wild:

This is one of the most amusing threads ever. :D

This thread is hilarious!!!!!

First because I'm a woman and totally get what your saying about synchronized pms, emotions, pain and stuff. And secondly on the guys reactions to this topic. I had a boyfriend who treated me as a freaking alien when I had my period (dumped him pretty quick). What's up with that, women have their things, men have other issues. And we should all be able to talk about it. We're all adults and all know about it.

being embarrassed about it is kinda old fashioned. there's no point of talking about it with guys cause they never understand, just as we don't get their stuff.
But I'm surprised, who told you that is something you don't talk about? don't you live in Europe?

speaking of periods, mine is getting closer, I think it'll visit me in a week :)

Last edited:
The way I see it, there's nothing "taboo" about it. It's just generally not worth talking about. Every month or so, I bleed for about five days (and don't die despite my desperate wishes), have unbelievably painful cramps and bloat like the Hindenburg, all for a biological purpose I never intend to make use of.

Come on over sometime and we'll discuss it over tea and chocolate-chip cookies. -eye twitch-

Oh no why did I miss this thread! Never knew reading a discussion about period could be this fun!

Good thing is right! :lol:

I understand you though. I mean it is pretty weird to have blood streaming out of you for a number of days. LOL. (Disclaimer: Of course it's not always a consistent flow. Get you suitably nauseated?!!!)
We've just got used to it because we've had years' experience of meeting it on a monthly basis!
It's not disgusting though. In fact it's rather a privilege to have a period I think because it means your body is working healthily and is prepared in at least one way to make a baby in the future.
Yes, I always freak out if mine are late.

But I must say, the attitude we have for periods comes very much from how your family deals with it. I have never ever discussed it with my mother, or any other family member for that matter so it's very uncomfortable for me to talk about periods even with my good friends. Because I have friends who like to talk about that stuff.. I just don't usually take part in those conversations :bugeyed It was horrible for me to tell mum when they started years ago. But I don't mind, I don't feel any need to talk about my period to other people.

Unnecessary bump!
You are obviously fascinated by periods, even though you think it's disgusting.

You guys are totally hilarious.

Dutchie, i totally see the conversation going that way. I think that would have been priceless.

And periods are disgusting. I am a woman and I think they are vile and disgusting. It is a conspiracy of the highest magnitude.
OMG I always thought you're a guy :rofl:

Carry on..

Last edited:
But I must say, the attitude we have for periods comes very much from how your family deals with it. I have never ever discussed it with my mother, or any other family member for that matter so it's very uncomfortable for me to talk about periods even with my good friends. Because I have friends who like to talk about that stuff.. I just don't usually take part in those conversations :bugeyed It was horrible for me to tell mum when they started years ago. But I don't mind, I don't feel any need to talk about my period to other people.

It was quite a different story in my house. My mom made me announce it to my father and call my grandmother.

Hello everyone I`m new here this is my first post it`s weird that my first post here to this thread you guys took my attention I think it`s not taboo you are talking about it now but this is right as someone here said it`s a woman to a woman talk.

Girls (and guys) I need sympathy!! In lots of pain right now with this. :cry:

OUCHHH!

I've suffered since I was 11 years old with unbearable pain month after month. I'll never forget the first time, I thought I was gonna die! And back then (in the 70's) there was no Motrin/Ibuprofen. There was only Aspirin which did nothing for me. I suffered for many years until Motrin became available over the counter. It's a miracle drug. Without it I would have jumped off a bridge a long time ago.

I've suffered since I was 11 years old with unbearable pain month after month. I'll never forget the first time, I thought I was gonna die! And back then (in the 70's) there was no Motrin/Ibuprofen. There was only Aspirin which did nothing for me. I suffered for many years until Motrin became available over the counter. It's a miracle drug. Without it I would have jumped off a bridge a long time ago.

Suzy, my great-aunt used to get cramps so bad she would have to stay home from school and lay in bed. They were that bad. I used to get terrible cramps to the point where I couldn't stand up; that was when I was about 14 or 15...

Okay, why did this thread stop being humorous? Do I need to say something bigoted again?

Back