World cup 2010 discussion. [merged]

Re: World cup 2010 discussion.

The match hasn't even started and there where just some people walking to the street with thier vuvuzela's, loud music and they sounded very drunk already:no: I'm not gonna watch today.. don't really like football.
I don't care who wins today my own country or Japan.

My dad is for our country so I once told him..ok then i cheer for Japan :lol:
Last match Japan played my dad was for the other team aswell and I was like yay Japan won!!!:dancin: And then the moments he yells at the TV.. then I'm like "go there and play yourself" and then he gets all annoyed which is funny :lol:

:lol: your comment made me laugh...
I sat with my family to watch the game (had no other choice really), they didn't mute the TV I cant stand the noise of the vuvuzelas! :bugeyed and you can hear it from all the TV's around...people never heard of 'mute'..come on
My grandpa & my brother like the dutch but the game is really boring or its just me? and everyone thinks they're football commentators.. ahhhhhh pffff

My dad was watching a match yesterday too and he fell assleep so I asked "Is that match so boring?" NO!!! He said. One time he fell assleep aswell so I switched to some other program.. 45min later my dad wakes up and demands to switch back. So I said "You where sleeping!" No I wasn't! I was following the match :lol:

Last week I was forced to watch a match.. visited my bro and he and some friends watched it and my dad aswell. It was hard to keep my eyes open so boring...:no:

I don't mind the vuvuzela's. It's better then swearing/yelling or whistle all the time I think. The only annoying thing about it is that it sounds like bees.

My dad was watching a match yesterday too and he fell assleep so I asked "Is that match so boring?" NO!!! He said. One time he fell assleep aswell so I switched to some other program.. 45min later my dad wakes up and demands to switch back. So I said "You where sleeping!" No I wasn't! I was following the match :lol:

Last week I was forced to watch a match.. visited my bro and he and some friends watched it and my dad aswell. It was hard to keep my eyes open so boring...:no:

I don't mind the vuvuzela's. It's better then swearing/yelling or whistle all the time I think. The only annoying thing about it is that it sounds like bees.

hahaha I can relate to everything you wrote.
I hate being forced to watch games too.. and people insist on keeping the volume up so you have to scream cuz you cant hear yourself :lol:
My dad says the matches are boring lol but he keeps watching everytime.. I can hear the vuvuzelas through the phone haha and with my grandpa you cant talk at all when there is a match :lol:

How did the match end between Ghana and Australia?

I'm glad that Holland won even though they can play better (I didn't see the whole game though). For a moment I thought Japan would manage to keep it at tie.

That was complete rubbish! I'm glad the crowd booed the England team at the end :hysterical:
yeah they deserved it. over rated over paid and over there. i worked at a big screaning of the game and the highlight was a group of guys getting into a fight an head butting each other. gotta love english football fans!

Yeah, I just have to say that England was pathetic yesterday. I really expected so much more from them. Well, good job to Algeria for holding their ground. Looks like I've been underestimating them for awhile. USA vs. Algeria match will be fun to watch. ;)

Also, yay for the Netherlands! :D

What a pile of poo! Played like a bunch of muppets especially Rooney.. FFS

Embarrassing :bugeyed

I'm so embarrassed.

Gosh, England-Algeria 0-0? What happened? I didn't see the match. Was it that bad?

Nothing happened. At all.

England played like they weren't even interested. They couldn't keep possession of the ball - not because Algeria tackled & won it off them - but because they kept kicking the ball to the Algerians!.. it was so ridiculous. It was more that England were complete poo, rather than that Algeria were great.

Sorry but England deserved to get booed by the fans. They get payed ridiculous amounts of money, fans have spent loads to go to South Africa to support them and they played with absolutely no effort, they didn't do anything, they didn't even look like they cared. Boring and appalling. Even Rooney who is supposed to be our 'wonder kid' & one of the best in the world.. was acting so strange. Worst match I've EVER seen. Even Accrington Stanley play better than England did last night!

Yeah, odd to see how spiritless the English team is. It is as if they are convinced, even before the tournament began, they can't win the World Cup. I can never understand why they are spiritless. Isn't it an honor to put on your country's shirt? I would play nonstop for my country's flag. Too bad Rooney is spiritless too. Even though, with Man U he's a fighter and an intimidating force. I though with Cappello they can't go wrong.

They still have a great chance to advance. They need to play with all their hearts and put their differences aside. Also, Cappello needs to stop playing people like Hesky.

They still have a great chance to advance. They need to play with all their hearts and put their differences aside. Also, Cappello needs to stop playing people like Hesky.

Yep bring on Joe Cole I say!! and take off lampard as he and gerrard in my personal opinion dont work well together!
Cant believe how much the players get paid, cause in my opinion they dont deserve their salaries if I was as bad as them at work then I would be sacked!

Seems like this will be an exciting and close tournament. Holland and Argentina are the only teams that have won their both matches, and Brasil will probably join them. Well let's see how tonight's match goes first, you never know what will happen :swoon:

Brazil - Côte d'Ivoire soon. This is gonna be a good game, can't wait!

I cannot believe that Kaka got sent off!! The referee wasn't even LOOKING at what happened but he gave him the red card anyway based simply on the IC's players reactions. Unbelievable!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Brazil fan, but that was completely unjust.

Also, Brazil should only have won 2-1 (HAND BALL!).

I cannot believe that Kaka got sent off!! The referee wasn't even LOOKING at what happened but he gave him the red card anyway based simply on the IC's players reactions. Unbelievable!

Hand of God.

I agree that the last yellow card was WRONG. But his first yellow should've been red. Did you see what he did? He pushed the guy while trying to flip his leg so that he would fall. That's a red card for sure.

The French referee shamelessly stole!!!

He's a very BAD referee.

What he did with Kaka is simply RIDICULOUS!!

The players of Côte d'Ivoire were very VIOLENTS during the MOST part of game.

the referee stole for Brazil and for Ivory Coast
I'm not liking of Brazil in this WC but I'm still supporting it
The best thing of the match was Drogba's goal! He's my idol and deserve score the hornor goal
What Kaka made in the match was like a child does! Ridiculus. But he was playing nothing

Yep bring on Joe Cole I say!! and take off lampard as he and gerrard in my personal opinion dont work well together!
Cant believe how much the players get paid, cause in my opinion they dont deserve their salaries if I was as bad as them at work then I would be sacked!

I just found out today that Joe Cole is with the squad. I thought he wasn't called up because he didn't play regularly with Chelsea for quite a while. I can't believe Cappello chose those other players over him, Lennon and the other one!!!!!!!!!! Joe Cole is one of the few players in England that have good dribbling skills. In other words, he can bring in a new dimension to the team. The other guys playing his role are more like sprinters not footballers. You are right, Joe Cole in and play either Gerrard or Lampard as they don't work well together much like Ronaldinho and Kaka. If one of them doesn't perform, play the other. However, they can't expect Joe Cole to save the day because he was away from match pressure for a while. If he does do something good, then great. If he doesn't, he's not to blame.

On another front, great job by Portugal. They shouldn't let this win get to their heads, however. N.K. is the 105th team in World Rankings. Look at Germany. Plus, they have Brazil up next. Brazil wouldn't want to advance in second place.

All I want to say here is... if England don't win tomorrow... I will forever see myself as Scottish :) :p

All I want to say here is... if England don't win tomorrow... I will forever see myself as Scottish :) :p

Might have to join ya. :eek:

:fear:

Actually wait... They suck more at footie. :lol:

And Friday is Brazil x Portugal. It will be a great game. :wild:
Even if Brazil looses they are in the next round to my knowledge since they won 2 games already.

Friday will not be spent in from of the TV by me it's the 25th

Back