You know you're obsessed with MJ when...

When in 2005 at the karaoke bar at the student union you and a friend get a milion stares by singing D.S and changing the lyrics to 'Tom Sneddon.'

You know you are obsessed with Michael when:

My husband and I were on the road and he was driving my suv and we've been listening to MJ's Dangerous cd so my husband asked me "Babe, I know you love Michael, but can we please listen to something else?" so I said "ok" then I popped in the Off The Wall cd! Ahaha the look on my husband's face! :hysterical:

When you hug someone but you still have your IPhone in your hand scrolling down to read MJJC posts haha!

When you get your family to asks you if you're "Michaeling"

When you get your family to buy you MJ related gifts :)

When you're up until 3 am reading up about Michael or watching his vids when you gotta wake up at 4:30 to get ready for work.

During your lunch break, you go back to your car so you can listen to your MJ cds.

When you see fedora hats, all you can think of is MJ and how he rocked wearing em!

When you hear the word "GOLD" you think of you know what ladies! haha

Ladies, you think of surgical masks as sexy cuz we know why!

When you dream of Michael, you wake up smiling, but when someone wakes you up while you're dreaming about Michael, you punch that person in the face (no not really but you get really maaaaaaaad!)

OMG, it amazes me how much Michael fans are so much alike.....

:punk: @ your switching from Dangerous to OTW...hahaha...My bf is the same way about it....He tries to get me to change the music, and i'm like, "but Dave, it's MICHAEL..." and he's like, "I know it's Michael, but i'm getting sick of him now..." and I basically just give him this look....:bugeyed

OMG, it amazes me how much Michael fans are so much alike.....

:punk: @ your switching from Dangerous to OTW...hahaha...My bf is the same way about it....He tries to get me to change the music, and i'm like, "but Dave, it's MICHAEL..." and he's like, "I know it's Michael, but i'm getting sick of him now..." and I basically just give him this look....:bugeyed

LOL, I know! I wish there were more MJ fans around me. I miss the good 'ol days when my friends and I would just drive around and sing along with Michael's music. Now we're all grown and have our own families. I give this same look to my hubby :bugeyed and he knows not to mess with me! hehe.

When you accidently crease your poster of Michael... have a fit & say "Ohh sorry Michael, honey"...to the poster!! hahaa.
When you meet someone for the first time and say very proudly "Oh one thing you should know about me is, im a huge Michael Jackson fan!"

When you're in class and the teacher talks about genres, he mentions 'thriller' and you can't help but first think of another Thriller. :ermm:

(I seriously have knocked out the normal meaning of thriller for Thriller in my head. LOL.)

When you realise you can write the word "BAD" on a scientific calculator. :lol:

When you accidently crease your poster of Michael... have a fit & say "Ohh sorry Michael, honey"...to the poster!! hahaa.

Sounds like me with that one. My prized Who Is It poster got a little bent up on the lower right corner of it. And I am really not very happy about that. I must have unknowingly did that with my pillows. Or when I was making my bed. Since that poster is right above my bed. And here are some more that is definitely me:

You know you are obsessed with Michael when you call your bedroom your Michael Jackson or MJ room. And your bed your Michael Jackson or MJ bed.

If you saw my room and my bed you will know what I mean. :yes: :D

You know you are obsessed with Michael Jackson when you wear Michael Jackson t-shirts and necklaces 24/7.

You know you are obsessed with Michael Jackson when you have your laptop totally full of Michael Jackson related stuff. Your desktop is always a picture of Michael. And if you have fire fox as your web browser your skin persona is always MJ related.

-When heard a store playing MJ's song you went in even though you are not planning to buy anything from there.
Whenever I see or hear him, I have to stop. No mater how many times I've seen it, heard it, or passed it before, I HAVE to.

- You display a picture of yourself and Michael side by side in a picture frame.
Well...just Michael. =P

- Your computer is full of Pictures of MJ and you wallpaper is also a picture of him. And gifs and videos and music. and my phone has all of that too.

- You find CDs or DVDs of MJ in the music store and display it at the front where everyone can see. YES!!:D EVERYWHERE I go. LoL.

- You sleep with a picture of MJ. Well, I sleep with my phone because of his picture and I kiss it every night before I close my eyes. :blushing:

I have sung or hummed a line or so of an mj song whilst out shopping, just quietly but on purpose so that strangers standing next to me can hear my love for MJ. - crazy behaviour !? :ph34r: Haha, I'm too shy, so, no, but I play my music really loud and open my wallet wide and hold my phone in view for the same reasons. :blushing:

Also, If I'm in a shop and there is something Michael related eg. The 2010 calendar/posters/books/dvd. I go over there and pick them up and look at them, even though I've seen them already, just so that people see the intrest in Michael and it brings the product to their attention! Mhhmm.:yes:

I smile to myself and feel proud when a MJ product is displayed in a shop window/behind a counter where everyone can see it. Mmhmm. :yes:

-You always check MJ's albums in stores even when you already have them... (I do this ALL THE TIME... I'm such a dork) :blushing:

-You draw all over your notes when you're bored and write down MJ related stuff [lyrics to a song, drawing his iconic poses or just writing his name/nicknames over and over again...] :D Mmhmm. And I give myself fake tattoos when I'm bored.

-In a way, you have some sort of a MJ antenna that senses anything Michael related... Yep.

I always call Michael Jackson simply, Michael.
Yep. :wub:

...you've googled someone whose artistic work Michael admired very much, and you probably became a fan of theirs And looked up certain songs and albums and books and movies and phrases and...LoL... :yes:

...you think over and over again what it would have been like to have met him live. You imagine interviewing him and asking him all these interesting questiongs that have never been asked before. Sometimes you also dream about having become one of his true close friends who would have understood and supported him always. And dream about how you could have helped him and changed what happened in June.All the time.

...you find it hard to find a life companion because no one can be as perfect as Michael. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. :(

...you feel you've been inspired by Michael. You want to make a change in your life. You want to help others and become a better person because of him. :yes:

...you're thinking about buying some expensive hi-fi technology / build a home theater just to be able to enjoy TII, Live In Bucharest, Bad Tour or any other Michael's concert films, short films and his music in a higher quality. Wireless headphones, so that I can watch my DVDs as loud as I want at all hours. LoL. :D

That sounds like me too...I really only take breaks from MJJC.....I go do other stuff...Such as use the bathroom, eat, shower, work...But, I"m so addicted to MJJC...I love talking with other fans who understand me...lol
Mmhmm....This is quite embarrassing...

#3. Listen to MJ all night while sleeping (yes I have made slow Jam MJ CD's)
I made MJ Slow Jam mixes and playlists too, so that I can fall asleep listening to him! And the ET storybook is on there too. :wub:

#4. Kissing the Thriller Album cover everynight before you go to bed? (don't act like it's just me who did this). LoL. I kiss my phone screen (He's my wallpaper ....and not just at bedtime, random times throughout the day. :blushing:)

#5. Hiding Tabloids behind other magazines when it had a nasty article about MJ on it? Of course! It's my duty.

*When you catch yourself swearing, you apologize because you know Michael doesn't like swearing :lol:
I even feel guilty when I have a drink sometimes. =/

Okay so this is scarey. I was sick with the flu and watched only movies from the 80's - wondering if MJ had seen them and what he thought about them. Doesn't dare talk to shrink about it...:smilerolleyes:
I ALWAYS think about stuff like that. I just want to know his views and thoughts and feelings on everything.

You're single because what's the point, no man will ever measure up to Michael!
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. :no:

- When you watch a video of him with your family and your giggling away at something funny he does, then you look around and no one else is laughing. (Everything he does is cute & funny to us! lol) Yup. Haha. Or smiling with a huge dopey grin on my face because I find something mundane really heartwarming. :wub:

- When you always think to yourself "What would Michael do?" or "What would Michael say?" All the time.

- Telling your friends things like "Dont worry, just Keep The Faith." - whilst secretly thinking in your head, hehe i put in something Michael related there & they won't even notice! (Is that too sad? lol!)

Me too, haha. My mom and I were standing in line at the checkout counter and she was joking, reading me the headlines on the magazine covers (She knows it's lies and garbage. :smilerolleyes: and I said "Just don't even look at it. To read it sanctifies it!"...She didn't catch it. Haha.

When it's 3:58 am, and I am still here, reading and learning about Michael Jackson and his legacy and funny, funny fans!!!!

We are one!!!!

:lol:

These are more stories of things that happened in the past 2 weeks..

- you're in the music section of tesco and you see a woman walk over to where michael's cds are, then you see she is picking up other cds and putting them over Michael's...:bugeyed. you think 'helllllll no!', wait til she walks off, then go over and uncover them!

- its night time, you're at home wearing long black leggings, you put white socks on because you're feet are cold, you catch your reflection in the floor to ceiling window, you automatically think you're Michael Jackson [not really], and do [attempt] the moonwalk.

- you see a fedora, you have to pick it up tilt it over your face MJ style and check yourself out in the mirror!

- you're getting ready to tell you're mum something MJ related, you start talking.. she says 'I could tell this was going to be about him!'.

My boyfriend has promised to kill me if I mention his name one more time!

HAH!

When talking with female friends about how they would like to be Bond girls I replied 'I'd rather be a YANA girl.'

I'm going to steal that one. :D

These are more stories of things that happened in the past 2 weeks..

- you're in the music section of tesco and you see a woman walk over to where michael's cds are, then you see she is picking up other cds and putting them over Michael's...:bugeyed. you think 'helllllll no!', wait til she walks off, then go over and uncover them!

- its night time, you're at home wearing long black leggings, you put white socks on because you're feet are cold, you catch your reflection in the floor to ceiling window, you automatically think you're Michael Jackson [not really], and do [attempt] the moonwalk.

- you see a fedora, you have to pick it up tilt it over your face MJ style and check yourself out in the mirror!

- you're getting ready to tell you're mum something MJ related, you start talking.. she says 'I could tell this was going to be about him!'.

HAH!

I'm going to steal that one. :D

ALL THE ABOVE FOR ME ALSO...!!!!!!.......People know everything you say lately is somehow MJ related....YeaH I am guilty...:lmao:

you just gave a scathing negative review to the remake of 'we are the world'. you know you hate it. then, twenty four hours later, drawn by the essence of Michael, and that fact that his vocal is in the song, and somehow, brings back his essence, surrounding the remake...at least..you think, for a moment...but does it matter? the affect is the same. in a brief moment of insanity, you decide to listen to the radio, which you haven't listened to, for over two years, to see if they'll play that remake. you find that they're not giving it the big time airplay you thought they would, since you got the impression from them, that relief for Haiti is important. you don't hear the remake, on this los angeles station, during your entire willingness to wade through the goo and the gaga, trying desperately, and laboriously to wait to see if this media will make good on it's charity promises, to at least keep Haiti in the minds of its listeners, while you hopelessly, and helplessly, walk, willingly into the captive prison of wanting to listen to Michael Jackson...no matter what. now i see why his haters accused him of spawning witchcraft on them..

but..for me..it's an ENJOYABLE experience :yes:

*i still hate the remake*

i see that it's number 1 on itunes america

the power of Michael Jackson, is truly awesome.

Just found this on the internet....it's hilarious! :hysterical: I can relate to many of them.
This isn't even the full list, check out the Facebook-page!

Readin' them made me smile and since that's what we need here I thought I'd put it in a thread. ;)

1.) You join a million groups like this

2.) You shriek whenever you meet another fan.

3.) Another celeb is wearing an outfit, you think about how MJ would look ten times more fierce in it.

4.) You can’t listen to anyone else because it just sounds worse

5.) You spend your time talking online to other fans instead of your real life, non-fan friends

6.) You grab any newspaper/magazine that has his face on the cover

7.) Try to sneak him into every conversation topic your having with someone

8.) Stay up till 12am, even though you have a job/school watching Michael Jackson on youtube.

9.) You rewind to the parts in his videos where he smiles and watch it again…and again…and again.

10.) You listen to the beginning of IJCSLY over and over and pretend he’s whispering in your ear

11.) You know what IJCSLY stands for

12.) Went into a sorta semi-depression when he died

13.) You love all his cheesy outfits in the early days,even though they’d look horrible on anyone else

14.) You named your baby boy Michael (Or is planning to)

15.) Because you didn’t have a boy, you named your baby girl Michael. (She won’t be happy when she grows up.)

16.) You annoy the heck out of your boyfriend/husband because you keep going on about how amazing and hot MJ is

17.) You TRY to copy his dance moves

18.) Even if you can’t dance

19.) You call your radio station a million times to request Michael Jackson songs

20.) You’ve listened to EVERY album at least a million times

21.) You find yourself gazing into his eyes…on the poster in your bedroom

22.) You make a mini shrine of MJ

23.) You spaz on anyone who says anything negative about him, then launch into a gigantic rant with EVERY FACT that ever existed

24.) You try and force your friends to become obsessed with Michael Jackson

25.) He is your ideal boyfriend

26.) You pray to Michael.

27.) You & your MJ family have your own special lingo that only you understand;
“OMJ”
“Michaelicious”
“Golden Glory”
“MJ Sister”
“Tag Me”
“Mikegasms”
“Keep Michaeling”
“MJ Dreaming”
(I especially thank Nicole Charrison for this one. I ROFLed)

28.) Everytime you go to the store your eyes are looking around frantically for Michael merchandise. (By Tina Pyt Greaves)

29.) Your computer crashed with 10 gigabytes worth of Michael pictures and videos

30.) Instead of writing History,you write HIStory.

31.) You know every hee-hee and every pow and shamone’s in every song.

32.) You have spent your weekend on YouTube watching those adorable Michael Moments

33.) 99% of your 86 notifications include, ______ has commented on a photo of you, you check the comment and it’s of an MJ pic.

34.) You basically only have Twitter/Facebook to promote Michael Jackson

35.) You talk to the Michael posters in your room

36.) You know which album every song comes from, what year it came out, the awards it’s won and EVERY WORD of the songs.

37.) Your heart skips a beat every time you see the word “Michael”

38.) You may also faint

39.) Or shriek very loudly

40.) Your worst enemy becomes a Michael fan. All of a sudden, you’re best friends.

41.) You fell into a trance, listening to Planet Earth.

42.) You bought the This is It CD, even if it’s just a bunch of songs on CDs you already own.

43.) You preach to others about the wonderfulness of MJ.

44.) Even if they’re strangers.

45.) You swooned looking at GOLD PANTS. ;)

46.) You swooned talking about GOLD PANTS.

47.) Your friend stubs her toe, shrieking OWWW. You add the “hee-hee” before you ask her if she’s okay.

48.) You have moonwalked around the house.

49.) You have tripped or fallen over something while moonwalking around the house.

50.) You scoff at the MJ imitators because you know there can never be the same angel again.

51.) You drew numerous pictures of MJ

52.) Even though you can’t draw

53.) For class, you were asked to research an important figure in history, you picked Michael Jackson.

54.) And even though the minimum amount was 2 pages, you presented your teacher with a novel.

55.) You curled your hair

56.) Then decided you looked lame because no one can defeat Michael’s hair.

57.) You have framed pictures of Michael.

58.) You have wall murals of Michael.

59.) You wanted to steal the cardboard cutout of Michael that sits in movie theater lobbies for This is It.

60.) You HAVE stolen the cardboard cutout of Michael from your local movie theater lobby.

Well I can't argue with this list it is 100% true I am guilty of just about all of those!!

Julia

When you automatically turn your head out of 'shock' when you hear anyone say/play something MJ related.

My friends seriously notice that everytime I hear something related I turn my head, but I can't help it! Like a built in reflex. :lol:

When you instinctively manage to find a restaurant playing MJ music when with friends going out for dinner! Its like a radar!

You're single because what's the point, no man will ever measure up to Michael!

100% true :yes:

I always knew I'd never had something romantic wirh Michael but telling him that I love him someday and knowing about his existence was comforting.

If GTS still making you :boohoo: out loud every time you hear it.

Last edited:
You know you're obsessed with MJ when you see slash and you think of Michael instead of guns and roses :p

When you automatically turn your head out of 'shock' when you hear anyone say/play something MJ related.

My friends seriously notice that everytime I hear something related I turn my head, but I can't help it! Like a built in reflex. :lol:

haha
I HAVE THAT REFLEX :D

and
'when ever anyone says "this is it" you think, no it's not'

Last edited:

Haha I do that all the time. I can be in the middle of a conversation and just stop and see what is going on or what is being said. It can be from just hearing the first beat of a song, or simply hearing "Jackson" and I will stop right away lol.

I love going places that are playing his stuff. No matter where it is, if I hear it I will stop and listen to the entire thing haha. When I'm at a place like Best Buy, if I hear his music playing on one of the stereos, I will purposely walk over and turn it up and walk away lol.

I went to the bowling alley a few weeks ago and walked right in as they were playing "The Way You Make Me Feel". It was a Saturday and on Saturdays they dim the lights and bring down these huge screens and play all kinds of music...it was perfect timing haha. They later played "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" and it was awesome.

Talking about that reflex....:lol: you know you're obsessed when you're sleeping in bed, and your bf is flicking the channels on tv, and you hear just the beginning part of the Scream video, not even the music, just that sound when the Michael and Janet Scream logo is breaking apart, and you immediately open your eyes and bolt upright....ya, that was me...:lol:

Reactions: Bee
When your mom says to you: "every time you get in the car there's a MJ song on." Almost always, but that's because I found the one radio station that plays his music a lot. :lol:

Back