Brittany Murphy Dies *UPDATE: Husband Found Dead As Well* (Merged)

Re: Brittany Murphy Dies

im sorry if i didnt understood this good but if he doesnt want them to do the autopsy wont they kind of suspect him?

News sites are speculating about eating disorder/cocaine.

Perez Hilton is talkin drugs and says God will punish her husband..? http://twitter.com/PerezHilton

All I know is she seemed a sweet charismatic girl and shes gone way too soon.

I refuse to even listen to what Perez Hilton has to say after the tweet he made about MJ when he passed. I wont give that man the time of day.

yeah why the hell wouldn't he want an autopsy is beyond me.....unless he already knows why.....maybe he is guilty and doesn't want it to be found out...but the coroner is doing one anyway...so he didnt get final say.

This is so sad. I was just listening to her sing on Happy Feet yesterday. When I heard that she die of cardiac arrest in LA my first thought was of Michael. I'm pryaing for her family since this happened so close to Christmas.

I refuse to even listen to what Perez Hilton has to say after the tweet he made about MJ when he passed. I wont give that man the time of day.

What did he say? Or would I rather not know..?

Actually..I think I'd rather not know.

in a recent ok! magazine interview she said "I hope to have a few. I’ve always loved kids and babies and always wanted to be a mom."

devastating :(

JUNE 25th ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! Im shaking and this brings back really bad memories... I loved this woman... I grew up watching her movies... This is tragic.. Whats happening...

Now look ... seems like the press goes through the same routine for every celeb death..
Did Brittany Murphy Commit Suicide?

December 20, 2009 07:32 PM EST (Updated: December 20, 2009 07:36 PM EST)
views: 1

function resetForm(formId){ var form = document.getElementById(formId); if(form) { form.reset(); }}The tragic news of Brittany Murphy's death was first reported Sunday morning and throughout the day details have emerged pointing to the possible cause of suicide. Cedar Sinai medical center reported that Murphy died of cardiac arrest but at the age of 32 that is an extremely uncommon natural cause of death. Murphy had reportedly become involved in drug use over the past year and only two weeks ago she was fired from her most recent film project while her husband, British director Simon Monjack, was hospitalized. The timing of these developments signal that Murphy could have taken her own life, perhaps by accident. Another reported explanation is the actress's recent diagnosis of diabetes. When autopsy results are released this week the exact cause of death will be reported.

here we go again with the media and its speculation...they are like it could be this it could be that....why dont they just wait and see what the coroner has to say...they did the same thing to MJ....makes me sick....thanks for the article Rockin..:)

I believe the cocaine thing are only rumors. She has adamantly denied even ever being around coccaine (although most addicts do). NO matter what happened it is just sad, she was so young. I remember the first movie I ever realy noticed her in was Girl Interrupted one of my favorite films.

As for the husband not wanting an autopsy I was reading they are Jewish and it is against their beliefs. I dont know how accurate that is though.

I believe the cocaine thing are only rumors. She has adamantly denied even ever being around coccaine (although most addicts do). NO matter what happened it is just sad, she was so young. I remember the first movie I ever realy noticed her in was Girl Interrupted one of my favorite films.

As for the husband not wanting an autopsy I was reading they are Jewish and it is against their beliefs. I dont know how accurate that is though.

Her husband is Jewish and under the Jewish faith an autopsy if considered desecration of the body, which is against their beliefs.

I remember the first movie I ever realy noticed her in was Girl Interrupted one of my favorite films.

Oh god this takes me back to the scene where her character was found dead in the bathroom of suicide. And Brittany was found in the bathroom now. This was my all time favourite Brittany movie and in my opinion she outshined Angelina Jolie. She was an amazing actress.

This is very sad news. My prayers go out to the family and friends. R.I.P. Brittany.:angel:

Usually means no foul play, no drugs etc.

their not reporting natural causes on any news site..that post is off twitter isnt it

Re: Brittany Murphy Dies (is this true???)

what is with 2009 taking celebs away from us :'(

you're right , i mean WTF....more than 10 celebs died this year.......hopefully 2010 will be better :unsure::worried::depressed:

Fair out! what is up with the bad luck in 2009 ??!!!

My condolences to her husband & family

This is so sad. Out of all the younger actresses who were popular over the last 10 years or so, I really liked Brittany Murphy. And Clueless is one of my all time favorites. I put on Just Married tonight... they're sleeping "inside a snowball" right now on my TV.

:no:

It's just so shocking. And as someone pointed out... when the reports first came in it said "Los Angeles", "TMZ", "cardiac arrest".... God, flashbacks. :cry:

Some reports are now saying her mom said she had a history of diabetes. I don't like to be speculating on cause, but this caught my eye because I'm insulin-dependent myself and I always feel a special connection to celebrities who are (like Nick Jonas, Mary Tyler Moore, Brett Michaels, etc). Makes me wonder if that contributed. :(

Well, my condolences to family, friends and fans. And may you find peace and love in the Light, Brittany. Bless you, and all the best ... :angel:

Damn... I couldnt believe it at first. Rest in Peace. My prayers go out to the family and friends

their not reporting natural causes on any news site..that post is off twitter isnt it

Yeh its from Breaking News on Twitter.. they link to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34500671/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

Murphy may have died of natural causes

Actress, 32, collapsed in bathroom; autopsy planned for Monday or Tuesday

Matt Dunham / AP file
Brittany Murphy, the actress who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile," died Sunday in Los Angeles. She was 32.
View related photos
var hasRelatedPhotos = 'true';if (hasRelatedPhotos=='true'){var vRPL = document.getElementById("viewRelatedPhotosLink");if (vRPL!=undefined) vRPL.style.display = "";var vLRPG = document.getElementById("linkRelatedPhotos");var vLIRPG = document.getElementById("linkImgRelatedPhotos");if (vLRPG) {if(vLIRPG) vLIRPG.href=vLRPG.href;}}getCSS("3088867")
video.gif
Video

Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32
Dec. 20: Murphy graduated from television to the silver screen with a breakout role in the 1995 film “Clueless,” then rose to stardom in “8 Mile.” NBC’s Lester Holt reports.
Nightly News

getCSS("3216310") Celebrity video
Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32
Dec. 20: Murphy graduated from television to the silver screen with a breakout role in the 1995 film “Clueless,” then rose to stardom in “8 Mile.” NBC’s Lester Holt reports.

Despite snow, Jonas brother weds in N.Y
Michelle Rodriguez: Cameron tells a good story
Actors discuss ‘Sherlock Holmes’ wardrobe
Robert Downey Jr. on ‘Sherlock Holmes’
Maggie Gyllenhaal on new flick

getCSS("3053751")Slideshow
Best and worst celebrity ashions of 2009
From glamorous gowns to stylish suits to complete fashion failures, a look at the year in style.
more photos

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 8:17 p.m. ET Dec. 20, 2009 function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633969550278670000');

An official with the Los Angeles coroner's office says actress Brittany Murphy, 32, may have died of natural causes.
The actress, who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile," died Sunday in Los Angeles.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says the cause of Murphy's death "appears to be natural."

He says Murphy apparently collapsed in the bathroom Sunday morning, and authorities are looking into her medical history.

Winter says Murphy's family is cooperating with the coroner's investigation. He says an autopsy is planned for Monday or Tuesday.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement | your ad here dap('&PG=NBCSML&AP=1089','300','250');

The Los Angeles Times reported that Murphy died of cardiac arrest.
The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. Sunday at the home Murphy shared with her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, in West Hollywood hills. Murphy was transported to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Neighbor Clare Staples said she saw firefighters working to resuscitate the actress Sunday morning. She said Murphy was on a stretcher and "looked as though she was dead at the scene."
Murphy's husband, wearing pajama bottoms and no shoes, appeared "dazed" as firefighters tried to save her, Staples said.
"It's just tragic," she said.
TMZ.com first reported Murphy's death Sunday morning.
Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, said he learned of her death from his son, the actress's brother, and was stunned.
"She was just an absolute doll since she was born," Bertolotti said from his Florida home. "Her personality was always outward. Everybody loved her — people that made movies with her, people on a cruise — they all loved her. She was just a regular gal."
He said he hadn't heard much about the circumstances of Murphy's death. Bertolotti divorced her mother when Murphy was young and hadn't seen Murphy in the past few years.
"She was just talented," he said. "And I loved her very much."
Bertolotti served prison time on federal drug charges.
‘8 Mile’ role sparked her success
Born Nov. 10, 1977, in Atlanta, Murphy grew up in New Jersey and later moved with her mother to Los Angeles to pursue acting.
Her career started in the early 1990s with small roles in television series, commercials and movies. She is best known for parts in "Girl, Interrupted," "Clueless" and "8 Mile."
Her role as rapper Eminem's girlfriend in the film "8 Mile" led to more recognition, Murphy told The Associated Press in 2003. "That changed a lot," she said. "That was the difference between people knowing my first and last name as opposed to not."

Click for related content

Vote: What was her best role?

Her on-screen roles declined in recent years, but Murphy's voice gave life to numerous animated characters, including Luanne Platter on more than 200 episodes of Fox's "King of the Hill" and Gloria the penguin in the 2006 feature "Happy Feet."
She is due to appear in Sylvester Stallone's upcoming film, "The Expendables," set for release next year.
Murphy credited her mother, Sharon, with being a key to her success.

"When I asked my mom to move to California, she sold everything and moved out here for me," Murphy said. "I was really grateful to have grown up in an environment that was conducive to creating and didn't stifle any of that. She always believed in me."
She dated Ashton Kutcher, who costarred with Murphy in 2003's romantic comedy "Just Married."
Kutcher sent a message on Twitter Sunday morning about Murphy's death: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine," Kutcher wrote. "My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."
© 2009 msnbc.com

Have no idea what natural causes are for a 32 yr old

Back