Heath Ledger: 1 year since his tragic passing

Heath Ledger fans

are there any Heath Ledger fans here?​

tomorrow, on Friday 26th September, 6pm CET, me and few other Heath Ledger fans, who also happen to be Michael Jackon fans, are opening a forum dedicated to this talented Australian actor, who's Gone Too Soon :cry:

Why So Serious? :ph34r:​

*note to the mods: if this is not the approriate section for this thread, please, feel free to move it to the right section :flowers: *​

Last edited:
Re: Heath Ledger fans

Sounds good, I've clicked the link and seen that "10 things i hate about you" banner so I'll definitely try and check it out.

all over the net i see people always making threads about him now since he has passed.

but when he was alive...i never seen this type of interest in him...wonder why people get so fascinated over a celeb after their death

I seen this happen with aaliyah after she died...millions of fans came out of the woodwork..i'm not accusing the OP of this...just wondering...

all over the net i see people always making threads about him now since he has passed.

but when he was alive...i never seen this type of interest in him...wonder why people get so fascinated over a celeb after their death

I seen this happen with aaliyah after she died...millions of fans came out of the woodwork..i'm not accusing the OP of this...just wondering...

i wonder the same. ppl started getting obsessed over him after his death. i bet that if he was still alive he wouldnt get so much love and attention :no: in brokeback mountain he gave a great performance same with his joker performance in dark knight but nobody really noticed.
after his last performance as the joker everyone was like "lets go see that movie with that actor he just passed away". same happened with james dean. when he was alive he was just another teen idol. but after he passed he suddenly became a legend. not comparing those two though cuz james dean imo was one of the greatest actors ever and heath ledger was def a great actor with terrific abilities yet nothing really special. IMO if he hadnt died he could become a mel gibson but not a robert deniro or a denzel washington.

^^ You're probably right. In fact, you are right...I hadn't heard of Heath Ledger until after he died, and that inspired me to go see The Dark Knight (where he gave a brilliant performance and definitely lived up to the hype.) Although, I think that if he had lived, he would have become a legendary actor; he was just starting to cross over from mediocre performances into unforgettable ones. He died just as he was making it as an actor.

when he died, he was just 28 years old, yet he had given great performances

I'm sure he had much still to give

how great he would become if he lived, we'll never find out

yet his performance in Joker, and in other films, was excellent, and left me (and surely not only me) speechless

Australia has given some really great actors, besides Heath, like Gary Oldman and Jefrey Rass :flowers:

i wonder the same. ppl started getting obsessed over him after his death. i bet that if he was still alive he wouldnt get so much love and attention :no: in brokeback mountain he gave a great performance same with his joker performance in dark knight but nobody really noticed.
after his last performance as the joker everyone was like "lets go see that movie with that actor he just passed away". same happened with james dean. when he was alive he was just another teen idol. but after he passed he suddenly became a legend. not comparing those two though cuz james dean imo was one of the greatest actors ever and heath ledger was def a great actor with terrific abilities yet nothing really special. IMO if he hadnt died he could become a mel gibson but not a robert deniro or a denzel washington.

id like to put u straight on that ive been a heath ledger fan since 10 thing';s i just never mentioned it becoz MJ Fans start up a f^^kin riot

i love heath and no MJ Fan is gonna get in my way hes sadly missed

id like to put u straight on that ive been a heath ledger fan since 10 thing';s i just never mentioned it becoz MJ Fans start up a f^^kin riot

yeah i'm sure we'd start a f*cking riot if u mentioned u've been a heath ledger fan since 1999.
no MJ fan is gonna get in ur way ? ugh too bad u ruined every michael's fan life mission. :(

Last edited:

Why would MJ fans react to someone liking Heath Ledger? That makes no sense.
I can understand fans reacting and causing a riot to someone who said they loved Diane Dimond or something, but not an actor who as far as I know has never had anything to do with Michael Jackson??
I think you're just lashing out because you might feel that some people in this thread have a point?
Either way Heath Ledger was a great actor and I prefer his smaller success films, although he did do a brilliant job in the latest batman film, but that whole film was well done especially when you compare it to some of the other batman films.

Australia has given some really great actors, besides Heath, like Gary Oldman
that genius belongs to us Brits. it's a shame he sold his soul and went full-on with Hollywood (what the shit was he doing in a Batman flick lol), but i used to admire his attitude against celebrity.

and i agree with the death vs. overrated factor being discussed here, no matter how good you are - die and you'll be prasied more than you would (and more often, should) have been when alive. it's funny how we deal with death that way.

memyselfni said:
I seen this happen with aaliyah after she died...millions of fans came out of the woodwork..
forget Aaliyah, Tupac and Biggie fans truly milked it.

I have been a fan of Heath's since the beginning. I remember watching his first breakout role as Patrick in 10 Things I Hate About You and loving every moment he was on screen. There was just something about him. EVERY MOVIE he played in his performance was ALWAYS what captured your attention. Whether it was Patrick in 10 things or his character in the Patriot to Jake in Brothers Grimm or Ennis in Brokeback Mountain, etc. He always stole the show with his amazing performances. He was brilliant in what he did, because unlike a lot of actors he BECAME the characters. It wasn't Heath Ledger as such and such...Like it wasn't Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight, IT WAS the JOKER. He did that WITH EVERY ROLE. It was truly inspiring and beautiful work. He was an amazing actor who was underrated for the most part until he passed away. Heath was a beautiful human being as well as being a master artist. It disgusts me how the media treated him after his passing. SHAME ON THEM. He didn't deserve ANY of that. He will be forever missed.

Last edited:

white chocolate getcha bum over to our new forum
haha

if u wanna speak bad about heath dont let me see u do it

the guy is dead let him rest in peace
HE DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE IT WAS ACCIDENTAL HEATH WOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE KNOWING LITTLE MATILDA WAS GOIN TO SUFFER

he loved his daughter

Last edited by a moderator:

white chocolate getcha bum over to our new forum
haha

the guy is dead let him rest in peace
HE DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE IT WAS ACCIDENTAL HEATH WOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE KNOWING LITTLE MATILDA WAS GOIN TO SUFFER

he loved his daughter

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to ask everyone to please be respective of each other and stay on topic.
Don't make this thread about Heath Ledger fans vs MJ fans.

Please carry on...

Last edited:

Why would it be a MJ fans vs. Heath fans debate? :mello: Was there any competition between them that I don't know about, were they rivals in any way? :mello:

I fail to see why this thread should be problematic in any way :unsure: .....people were talking about celebrities in general getting more appreciation after dying than during their life; and I'm sure celebrities are pretty aware of that themselves.

Nothing to make a fuss about :mello:

I have been a fan of Heath's since the beginning. I remember watching his first breakout role as Patrick in 10 Things I Hate About You and loving every moment he was on screen. There was just something about him. EVERY MOVIE he played in his performance was ALWAYS what captured your attention. Whether it was Patrick in 10 things or his character in the Patriot to Jake in Brothers Grimm or Ennis in Brokeback Mountain, etc. He always stole the show with his amazing performances. He was brilliant in what he did, because unlike a lot of actors he BECAME the characters. It wasn't Heath Ledger as such and such...Like it wasn't Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight, IT WAS the JOKER. He did that WITH EVERY ROLE. It was truly inspiring and beautiful work. He was an amazing actor who was underrated for the most part until he passed away. Heath was a beautiful human being as well as being a master artist.

I agree 100% with you, White Chocolate :) he was a great artist :) :flowers:

I'm going to ask everyone to please be respective of each other and stay on topic.
Don't make this thread about Heath Ledger fans vs MJ fans.

Please carry on...

I'm going to second this post

i agree hun but why do ppl have to be horrible to heath or his fan's

Tempany I have read this thread and no fans here have been disrepectful towards Heath Ledger or his fans. The only question that has been raised has been the increase in his fanbase since his death... which is a valid question and is not offensive.

secondly.... please refrain from attacking or threatening the membership:
Quotes like this:
... are not necessary... that is why moderators exist... use the report function is you feel you are being attacked rather than adding fuel to the fire. Thanks.

Now let's get back on topic.

Zoi I wish you and your team success in your foum! :flowers:

im just tired of heaths memory being trashed if it aint the media its someone else
look i hardly come here anymore becoz i found too many ppl start fights over petty things
:bugeyed

now you're just making stuff up.....

have you actually read any of the posts that you're trying to take issues with? :huh:

i give up

yes the fanbase has gotton bigger since he died but thats becoz lots of fans didnt make themselves known

anyways just dont judge a book by its cover theres speculation at the moment about heaths death being a suicide and it isnt

anyways talk to u all soon got stuff id rather be doin

Heath Ledger wins golden globe for dark knight

Golden Globes 2009: Heath Ledger wins best supporting actor for The Dark Knight

Heath Ledger was honoured with a posthumous award for his performance in the Batman film The Dark Knight.

By Catherine Elsworth in Los Angeles
Last Updated: 2:23AM GMT 12 Jan 2009

heath-ledger_1235277c.jpg
Heath Ledger's death 'ripped a hole in the future of cinema', said The Dark Knight director Photo: WARNER

The late Australian actor, who died a year ago, beat Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, Ralph Fiennes and Philip Seymour Hoffman to the best supporting actor Golden Globe.
Christopher Nolan, the British director of the superhero blockbuster, accepted the award.
"All of us who worked with Heath on the Dark Knight accept this with an awful mix of sadness and incredible pride," Nolan said, after the star-studded audience rose to their feet as the award was announced. "After Heath passed on, you saw a hole ripped in the future of cinema."
The win is likely to fuel growing speculation that Ledger will win a posthumous Oscar next month for his role in the Batman film.
Ledger died in January 2008 after an accidental prescription drugs overdose. His body was found in a New York apartment by a cleaner.
Perth-born Ledger gained international stardom and was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe for his heart-breaking performance as a taciturn gay cowboy in the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.
As Batman's cackling arch-enemy, Ledger earned rave reviews from critics and co-stars.
"I can only speak superlatives of Ledger, who is mad-crazy-blazing brilliant as The Joker," wrote Rolling Stone's film critic Pete Travers.
Nolan said Ledger, renowned for taking on difficult, edgy roles, was chosen for the film because of his obvious talent.
"For the role of The Joker I was looking for fearlessness," Nolan said. "I needed a phenomenal actor, but he (Ledger) also had to be someone unafraid of taking on such an iconic role.
"Heath created something entirely original. It's stunning, it's captivating," Nolan said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...est-supporting-actor-for-The-Dark-Knight.html

Re: Heath Ledger wins golden globe for dark knight

Wow such a shame he wasnt there to receive that award... I havent seen the movie, but I heard only great things about...and during the hype of the movie, everyone was only talking about The Joker...I havent even hear of Batman! :lol: He must have been damn good to have turned into the star of the movie....
Such a shame he's gone too soon! :(

I thought he did better in his role in Brokeback Mountain than as the Joker...
Out of the nominees for this catergory I would have been torn between Hoffman and Ledger.

I'm not too keen on Cruise, I find he over acts a lot these days, though he wasn't bad in Lions for Lambs.

Hoffman is always brilliant though, but have yet to see all the nominated roles/films this year.
I didn't enjoy Ledger's performance as much the second time around I have to admit, nice to honour him just the same I guess.

I am :D

I actually preferred Jack Nicholson's role over heath's felt it was more comicbook real :p
I have to admit I got sick of the way Batman speaks in the new film.

Other winners:

Golden Globes, USA: 2009
Just Announced...Best Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler (2008)
Best Television Series - Drama
Winner: "Mad Men" (2007)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Kate Winslet for Revolutionary Road (2008)
Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Colin Farrell for In Bruges (2008)
Best Director - Motion Picture
Winner: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Tina Fey for "30 Rock" (2006)
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - A.R. Rahman
Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: "30 Rock" (2006)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Paul Giamatti for "John Adams" (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock" (2006)
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Simon Beaufoy
Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Laura Linney for "John Adams" (2008)
Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Vals Im Bashir (2008)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight (2008)
Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: "John Adams" (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Sally Hawkins for Happy-Go-Lucky (2008)
Best Animated Film
Winner: WALL·E (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Anna Paquin for "True Blood" (2007)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Gabriel Byrne for "In Treatment" (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Laura Dern for Recount (2008) (TV)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Tom Wilkinson for "John Adams" (2008)
Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Winner: The Wrestler (2008)("The Wrestler")
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Kate Winslet for The Reader (2008)

Back